Access 2000:Print settings keep changing

I have created reports and saved the margins and column settings.  But, I
always get a call from co-workers stating these settings are messed up.
These settings will be great for a number of days, and then they get changed.
 I have often wondered if one of the users is doing an "oops" and resetting
those certain reports back to default, or is there a bug that might be
causing this?  This is a small office and I really don't think this is a
malicious event.
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

On Tue, 8 May 2007 20:44:01 -0700, ctuck61 wrote:

> I have created reports and saved the margins and column settings.  But, I
> always get a call from co-workers stating these settings are messed up.
> These settings will be great for a number of days, and then they get changed.
>  I have often wondered if one of the users is doing an "oops" and resetting
> those certain reports back to default, or is there a bug that might be
> causing this?  This is a small office and I really don't think this is a
> malicious event.

If you are using Access 2000 this is a known bug and is documented in
the Microsoft Knowledgebase article:
Q245021  'List of Fixed Problems in Microsoft Office 2000 Service
Release 1/1a (SR-1/SR-1a)'
And specifically:
Q240826  'Lost Printer Settings when Name Autocorrect is turned on'

Turn off the Name AutoCorrect feature as a temporary 'fix'.
Then download and install the Service Release 1/1a.

Even if you are not using Access 2000, turn off the Name AutoCorrect.
Tools + Options + General Tab.
--
Fred
Please respond only to this newsgroup.