Access 2000 or 2002 on Vista ?

Any known issues? Need a new laptop, looks like Vista is being
dictated now.

Thanks,

0
Bob
6/21/2007 2:56:12 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

There's no difference between the way Access 2000 and 2002 run on Vista.

If you are using multiple versions of Access on the laptop, see:
    Errors using multiple versions of Access under Vista
at:
    http://allenbrowne.com/bug-17.html

If you are connecting the laptop to other machines that run Vista, watch out
for this bug that destroys databases:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=935370
There's a hotfix here:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/935366/

"+Bob+" <uctraing@ultranet.com> wrote in message
> Any known issues? Need a new laptop, looks like Vista is being
> dictated now.

0
Allen
6/22/2007 3:41:56 AM
On Fri, 22 Jun 2007 11:41:56 +0800, "Allen Browne"
<AllenBrowne@SeeSig.Invalid> wrote:

>There's no difference between the way Access 2000 and 2002 run on Vista.
>
>If you are using multiple versions of Access on the laptop, see:
>    Errors using multiple versions of Access under Vista
>at:
>    http://allenbrowne.com/bug-17.html
>
>If you are connecting the laptop to other machines that run Vista, watch out
>for this bug that destroys databases:
>    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=935370
>There's a hotfix here:
>    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/935366/

Thanks Allen.
0
Bob

How can I make my signature as an hyperlink? Outloook 2002 SP3
-- The BOSS http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. "intelegend" <intelegend@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Absolutely nothing. ...

Outlook XP Cannot Access Exchange 5.5
Hi all, We are currently migrating our outlook clients from 2000 to XP. But with some users (1 out of 10) cannot access there mailbox, on our exchange 5.5 SP server, with Outlook XP. They get a dialog asking them for there username and password. When you type in nothing happens no error, you just have retype the password. If they use Outlook 2000 they can there mailbox just fine. I have found MS KB 297781 "You Repeatedly Receive a Prompt for Credentials When You Log On to the E-mail Server" But this seems to be only if access with a pop3 account. Is this a know problem?...

Web Synchronization--Money 2002
I am unable to synchronize Money 2002 with the web. When trying, I get a message that I must get a downloadable service upgrade at Microsoft's website. However, I cannot find anything like that at the website. Any help appreciated. Normally you just do an Internet Update from within Money and that downloads the latest updates. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny UK Wishes/Suggestions mnyukwsh@microsoft.com "Charlie" <charleshardt@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:739d01c...

A2K-TOOLS
Hi, i want to create a form to convert several hundreds of A97 dbs to A2K. does anybody know what which routines are behind the Convert to current Database-Version in the A2K-Tools Database Utilities option. How could this be integrated in my form for the convert-loop over the a97-dbs. many thanks f=FCr helping The vast, vast majority of Access 97 databases can be opened in Access 2000 (or any later version) and saved in Access 2000 format. No, I don't have a suggestion as to how you would automate that task. There are, however, some very accomplished Access developers...

Excel version 2002
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_002A_01C7D868.40B0B770 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Please, I need help. I am using a mainframe connectivity application (called Vista TN3270) to = pull data (realtime) from mainframe screens and paste that data into = Excel using copy function of TN3270 and the paste function from Excel. I copy the info from mainframe into the clipboard and then I created an = AutoOpen macro in Excel that opens, pastes the data from the clipboard, = saves the data, the...

Filemaker vs. Access
Is Filemaker better than Access? I have been using Access since Access97 and find it quite easy to understand and can pretty much do anything with it. Has anyone used both? Comments please. JB All depends on what you are doing with it. My personal opinion: FileMaker is easier for some things. Access does has some powerful features that are missing in FileMaker. At the same time, a lot of users don't need the extra features. FileMaker can be frustrating at times, just because of terminology difference, if you are going from Access to FileMaker. But once you are used to one o...

Using Access form to assign values of variables in an Excel VBA program
I have created a VBA program for Ms Excel.But,to get desired results, every time, I go into the code to change the values of variables.Is there a way to get the values of variables stored in an Access table? YOu need to do a search for ADO method (ActiveX Data Object). There are plenty of example of code on the web. You need to add two references in your VBA to use the method. from VBA menu tools - References 1) Microsoft Access XX.X object library 2) Microsfot ActiveX Data Objects X.X library Use the latest versio of the two libraries on your PC. You will make a conn...

Page Break in Excel 2000 Professional
I have Office 2000 Professional installed. I am unable to move page breaks in Page Break Preview. I have no idea why this is a problem now. I had always been able to adjust the page breaks using Page Break Preview. Why am I having this problem now? I would appreciate your thoughts on this subject. P.S. I'm also having a problem with Word in the same suite. It unexpectedly quits when I open a spanish language document. Anyone have any clues why? Either of these could be the source of your problem. You have two or more sheets grouped. Right-click on a tab to "ungroup" OR ...

error 1935 HRESULT 0x80070424,Office Standard 2007,vista 64-bit
Hy. I tried to install Office Standard 2007 on my comp (Windows Vista 64-bit) and failed. I received an error 1935 {97F81AF1-0E47-DC99-A01F-C8B33B9A1E18E} HRESULT 0x80070424. Help. Thanks. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/926804 Or http://support.microsoft.com/kb/946691 and http://kbalertz.com/926804/Error-message-install-Office-error-occurred-during-installation-assembly.aspx -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "misha77" <misha77@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

Store.exe utilized over 90% CPU resource (exchange 2000)
Dear all, I ready installed Post-SP3 and modified register according to KB. But it still happens. Pls advise how to troubleshoot this problem. Thank in advance Regards Jeff Li You may need a specific fix. Try this article http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=821411 "Jeff Li" <JeffLi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E04BC3CD-ED03-415F-8D8B-090D5DFB4863@microsoft.com... > Dear all, > > I ready installed Post-SP3 and modified register according to KB. But it > still happens. Pls advise how to troubleshoot this problem. > > Thank in adv...

mailing list servers for Exchange 2000/2003?
Are there any decent majordomo/listserv servers that integrate with Windows 2003 and Exchange 2000/2003? Try http://www.ikakura.com "Robert Gordon" <Robert_Gordon@nospam.perlegen.com> wrote in message news:#X1spgS5DHA.1368@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Are there any decent majordomo/listserv servers that integrate with Windows > 2003 and Exchange 2000/2003? > > ...

save full, raw message including header to txt Outlook 2002
I need to save a full, unformatted email message including header information to a txt file using Outlook 2002. How do I do that? with 2002, the best option is pocketknife peek (http://www.xintercept.com/pkpeek.htm) or using OE. Outlook 2002 doesn't have a full source option. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlo...

Outlook 2000 Won't Launch in XP
Hi I'm having an annoying problem with Outlook not launching. I click on the iconon the desktop and nothing happens. But when I try to log out I get the error message: 'Outlook.Exe is not responding'. I'm running Windows XP Home with SP2 installed. Can anyone help? Many thanks JD -- Many thanks JD Will Outlook 2000 start in safe mode? How to: * Select Start > Run * Type: outlook.exe /safe * OK button "Jackie D" <jackied@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DD7E67D0-A3AF-4B3A-B78E-4FDF1A51AE12@microsoft.com... > Hi > > I...

Data from Excel to Access Table
Hello, I have this code setup in Excel but I want to be able to upload multiple rows at one time. Is there a way to incorporate this into my code? Also, is there a way to upload cells that are blank as well? Right now it won't allow me to upload cells that are blank. Can this be done? Sub UploadData() Dim MyCn As ADODB.Connection Dim SQLStr As String Set MyCn = New ADODB.Connection MyCn.Open "DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; " & _ "DBQ=\\Bcar1\bcar-net\Quality-ISO\Quality-Control\BC-Quality-Control\BC QA mdb\BC Quality Action Database.mdb;SystemDB=\...

Filling LIstBox with Access users names
Hi Does anyone know how to fill a listbox withthe login names of Database users when Access security has been implemented, i want to be able to delete a user from the system using the listbox to select the user to delete. Many thanks Stuart -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com You can cycle on the Users collection: For Each x In DBEngine.Workspaces(0).Users ... Next x It would be a matter to append the user name to a list of values. Hoping it may help, Vanderghast, Access MVP "Stuart Jack via AccessMonster.com" <u31758@uw...

Data entry slow in an Access project
I am using a form for data entry in an Access 2003 project. The back-end data is on a remote server reached over the internet. The data source for the form is a table with 3200 records. The form also displays 6 sub-forms which display data from child tables of the main table. There is a 3-4 second delay when the user moves from one field to another on the form after modifying an existing record or entering data for a new record. During the delay, the status bar below displays a 'Calculating' message. The table is not actually updated until the user moves to a different record ...

GP 8.0 and SQL 2000 Optimal File Size
I have questions about SQL Server 2000 databases with Great Plains 8.0 and file size. After the upgrade to 8.0 our Company database has ballooned to a whopping 9 GB (including the transaction log). It was 7 GB before the upgrade. It seems really large to me and was wondering what the recommended settings were for the SQL databases with Great Plains. I have looked in the Knowledgebase and haven't found anything to give me good answers. Here are the specs on the Company database: Database Size = 7,184 MB, Space Used = 4,655 MB Log Size = 2,162 MB, Space Used = 76.99 MB Auto G...

Publisher 2000 #27
We are about to take a course in Publisher 2000. We have '95, '97, 2002 and 2003. While we don't have 2000 and that is the version being taught, can you suggest which version would be the closest to 2000 without having to purchase the version 2000. Would appreciate your answer. A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from Office Center of Gurnee <oficecenterofgurnee@comcast.net>!"... > We are about to take a course in Publisher 2000. We > have '95, '97, 2002 and 2003. While we don't have 2000 > and that is the vers...

Image size in Publisher 2000
I recently upgraded from Publisher 98 to 2000. Newsletters with photos in are now a ridiculous size and become even bigger when converted to pdf. Too large to email. When the photos are deleted the file size reduces. Did not have this problem with Publisher 98 and am my wits end. Am running Windows 98SE. What have I done as I have never had this problem before? Ann G Hi Ann, Microsoft Publisher files are abnormally large: http://www.mvps.org/publisher/section_01.html This is quite normal, as Publisher converts all bitmapped image formats to uncompressed bitmaps when you insert...

Outlook 2002 message stays in Outbox
When I send an email message, it stays in the Outbox until I click on the Outbox then the message is sent. ...

why templates do not load into excel 2000?
I have excel 2000 loaded , but I cannot load financial templates from the Microsoft web site. I have SP3 for excel 2000 installed, using Windows XP Pro. Any ideas... Thanks Ron Are you prevented from doing due to some sort of restriction? Do you get an error message? Does nothing at all occur when you click on "Download"? Try these steps........... 1. Click tools 2. Click internet options 3. Click privacy tab 4. In the web sites area, click edit 5. In the address of web site textbox, paste http://officeupdate.microsoft.com/templategallery/ 6.Click allow 7.Click OK 8. Click...

Microsoft Access has a problem
I do work for a company which runs Microsof Access on a Terminal Server. Weeks can go by without any problems and then we have a few days where they get the "Microsoft Access has a problem" screen whenever an database is opened. If autostart is disabled and the code behind a form loading is run step by step all is well, but I am wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem. Many thanks Peter Kinsman Dear Peter, 1. Do you have good backups and backup schedule? 2. Could you mention the version of Access that you are running? 2B. What is your structure? Front end on...

Money 2002 Changing Investment to Savings account
Is there any way to do this? Am I missing the obvious? Thanks. Randy ...

Access Coding from 2003 to 2007
Is there an easy way to find conversion code from Access 2003 to Access 2007 we are currently in the conversion process but not all of our coding is working how we need it to. They all worked in 2003 properly. What's not working? It should be relatively straightforward if you have used only the core libraries (VBA, Access, and DAO), your database is in a trusted location, and you are not too tied to menus/toolbars Generic conversion info: http://allenbrowne.com/Access2007.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - ht...

access 97 begins without instructions, Why?
My office 97 Access Program begins automatically and it just began to happen. Is there someway to make this from happening? It is very frustrating when your logging into the computer and all of a sudden access 97 starts to run .. dusty68 <dusty68@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >My office 97 Access Program begins automatically and it just began to happen. > >Is there someway to make this from happening? It is very frustrating when >your logging into the computer and all of a sudden access 97 starts to run .. Check your Start >> All Programs >&g...