Access 2000 File Format in Access 2003

Dear all,

If I'm using Access 2003 to create Access 2000 format, is there any new
feature in Access 2003 which I can't apply in Access 2000 file ?
Thx.

Vensia

0
Vensia
5/9/2007 7:20:23 AM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

On Wed, 9 May 2007 14:20:23 +0700, "Vensia" <vensia2000_nospam@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Dear all,
>
>If I'm using Access 2003 to create Access 2000 format, is there any new
>feature in Access 2003 which I can't apply in Access 2000 file ?
>Thx.

there are many; however, are you deploying to users with Access 2000, or with Access 2003? The default format for your
database is (normally) 2000, but IF you're deploying the database to users with Access 2003 ONLY (and you do NOT have to
support users running 2000/2002) then you can use the new features of 2002/2003 (i.e. the Printer object, etc).

Here's a few links, I could NOT find anything that compared 2000 with 2002; perhaps someone else can come up with links
for that:

New features in 2003:
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=823089

Here's a newsgroup post, see the post by Jeff Conrad for comparing 2003 to 2002
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.access/browse_frm/thread/766b00b660672a76/243f81a2071327d6?lnk=st&q=ms+access+2003+vs+2000&rnum=1#243f81a2071327d6

>Vensia

Scott McDaniel
scott@takemeout_infotrakker.com
www.infotrakker.com
0
Scott
5/9/2007 10:37:35 AM
No.

However, if you use any of the new Access 2003 features, then users who only
have Access 2000 or Access 2002 may not be able to use the application.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"Vensia" <vensia2000_nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Dear all,
>
> If I'm using Access 2003 to create Access 2000 format, is there any new
> feature in Access 2003 which I can't apply in Access 2000 file ?
> Thx.
>
> Vensia

0
Douglas

How to stop "Help" accessing Office Online
Excel 2003. I'd like to restrict F1/Help to just searching the local help file. For example, with a stupidly simple example: =vlookup Press F1 Assistance appears, then if you hit the green arrow it goes to the online mode and searches the web.... really a pain. Esp. since my firewall blocked the search and thereafter Excel simply crashed. Try: Help|Microsoft Help|Online Content Settings|Online Content Category Turn off what you don't want. Steve wrote: > > Excel 2003. > > I'd like to restrict F1/Help to just searching the local help file. For > exampl...

PST file locaion under Win7
Hi, Where does outlook 2007 keeps PST files under windows7? Apparently under Users/myname there is no folder AppData\Local... Thank you for your help. ...

Linking files 2 ways

Using Relative path for XML data file?

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

How to repair a .dll file in IE8