Access 2000 error ... occasionally

I've got xp professional w/ service pack 2, using access 2000 (never
updated) and I recently ran into a problem - I believe it's stemming
from command buttons.  I added a button where on click it simply
previews a report and it seemed to be working fine, when suddenly I
receive some type of 'unable to connect to server' error and command
buttons on every form in the database go unusable, and I receive
failures and errors when trying to add them or trying to use them.

I ended up importing all my tables, queries and reports into a new
database and designing completely new forms and of course, everything
worked fine....for a few hours until the error appeared again.  On
error it takes you to the modules/vb screen (ctrl-g) but I have no
idea why this is happening or how to fix it.

Sound familiar to anyone?  I've created about 4 new databases since
Monday and I'm waiting for the errors to appear again, as soon as they
do I'll post the actual error messages.

Thanks in Advance!

0
robert
5/24/2007 7:10:40 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

This might be caused by a known bug in 2000. Have you installed Service
Release 1a? Tahat fixes a dll conflict with VB6 which corrupted the database
files.

--
Bill Mosca, MS Access MVP

"robert" <club_obi_wan@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I've got xp professional w/ service pack 2, using access 2000 (never
> updated) and I recently ran into a problem - I believe it's stemming
> from command buttons.  I added a button where on click it simply
> previews a report and it seemed to be working fine, when suddenly I
> receive some type of 'unable to connect to server' error and command
> buttons on every form in the database go unusable, and I receive
> failures and errors when trying to add them or trying to use them.
>
> I ended up importing all my tables, queries and reports into a new
> database and designing completely new forms and of course, everything
> worked fine....for a few hours until the error appeared again.  On
> error it takes you to the modules/vb screen (ctrl-g) but I have no
> idea why this is happening or how to fix it.
>
> Sound familiar to anyone?  I've created about 4 new databases since
> Monday and I'm waiting for the errors to appear again, as soon as they
> do I'll post the actual error messages.
>
> Thanks in Advance!

0
Bill
5/24/2007 7:21:47 PM
robert <club_obi_wan@hotmail.com> wrote:

>when suddenly I
>receive some type of 'unable to connect to server' error

Please post the exact error message.

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
read the entire thread of messages.

Synch Error 0X8004010F OAB
Exchange 2003 w/Outlook 2003 - I have reviewed lot's of posts on the OAB Error but I don't see anyone being able to resolve it. I have been dealing with this issue for 3 months now. I have worked through each of the three Tech Notes I can find and no luck - zero. Has anyone been able to resolve this issue? Is this a bug in Exchange 2003 with Outlook 2003? I would really love to find someone - anyone - who has been able to resolve their issue on this one. Also, has anyone been the Microsoft Product Support Services route on this yet? This is what my users see every day fo...

Access denied opening XML attachment
A user on my network cannot open an xml attachment in Outlook 2003. It works fine in previous versions. It says "access denied. Error processing resource." If the file is saved to a drive, then it opens without a problem. Is there some security configuration that would cause this behavior? I have tested on multiple machines and multiple users to rule out profile or other causes. I have also checked security on the tmp folder the file is trying to open from. Any insight would be helpful. -Paul ...

How to make Access 2007 Navigation pane invisible?
I have tried the Access Options. | Current Database | Navigation, uncheck Display Navigation Pane, and the vertical "Navigation Pane" still displays in a compiled .ade. Something else yet? Dean Slindee "Dean Slindee" <slindee@charter.net> wrote in message news:%23o1Zj8odKHA.2188@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I have tried the Access Options. | Current Database | Navigation, uncheck >Display Navigation Pane, and the vertical "Navigation Pane" still displays >in a compiled .ade. > > Something else yet? > > Dean Slinde...

where do office 2000 (including excel of course) service packs go
where do office 2000 (including excel of course) service packs go. I don't know why they don't give you the option of downloading and saving them before installing the various program updates and service packs. This way whenever I do a fresh reformat of my computer, i need to spend hours getting all the updates again off of the internet, where as if I could save thme, I would just have to re-install. Any help would be appreciated Don't know about Office 2000......never used it, but Office Download center offers you the choice of installing or saving to install file to disk....

Reboots when opening Word documents in Outlook 2000
Whenever I try to open a Word document in Outlook 2000, my computer reboots. This just started happening. I have reloaded Office 2000, done virus scans and checked my pc with Spybot. Nothing has been identified. Any ideas? ...

error message
Extended MAPI 1.0 for Windows 95 used an uninitialized function pointer. How do I fix this? It used mapi32x.dll ...

Error Message 550 5.7.1
i recive the following message - i use outlook 2002:- our message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: FW: test Sent: 12/15/2003 4:21 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Osama Haiba (osama.h@york-egypt.com.eg) on 12/15/2003 4:21 AM 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for osama.h@york- egypt.com.eg Set your incoming server to authenticate using your outgoing server credentials. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual ...

Run-time error 2465 after database import
I'm trying to tidy up a database by starting with a fresh, blank database (Access 2000) and importing everything from the original database. Here are the steps I've gone through: 1. Started with a blank database. 2. Set all the properties to be the same as the original database. I've set the properties in: - File / Database Properties - Tools / Startup - Tools / Options - Visual Basic Editor - Tools / database Properties - Visual Basic Editor - Tools / Options - Visual Basic Editor - Tools / References 3. Selected File / Get External Data / Import and ...

Exchange 2003 or Outlook 2003 error
This is only happening with one of our users, and I am trying to figure out if it is with there Outlook 2003 Client or if it is with our Exchange 2003 server. I have read other posts about this however I could not tell if the error was with one or all of the clients. Also they seemed to indicate it was for outside there domain, ours is happening for both outside and inside when a mail is sent to a user on the same server and domain. They have not received the error (to my knowledge) from OWA. Error: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject...

Migrating from Exch 2000 to 2003
We're in the middle of migrating thousands of users from Exchange 2000 to 2003. Our 2000 users are experiencing a problem where anytime they are sent an e-mail from a 2003 user, they receive the e-mail as an attachment rather than a regular readable e-mail. They have to open the attachment to read it. We also are going through a Trend Viruswall server for virus cleaning, and have a Netscape mail server in the mix as well. Has anyone seen this? ...

error when opening .accdb file
I don't think this is a new issue but I can't seem to find the resolution... I get an error when opening my Access 2007 formatted database stating that the file could not be found, though at the same time the file opens successfully. -- Error is intermittent. On occasions where the error does not occur, the file opens normally (I have never had an occasion where the file did not open at all) -- I have only seen the error happen when I have a 'Display Form' set in the Application Options for the 'Current Database' -- The database contains macros, VBA m...

One Record Per Page Printing-Access 2007
Report for daily appointments for senior transportation drivers. Report is grouped by Driver. Keep together is selected. Detail band: Keep together-Yes; Force New Page-Before Section; Can Grow-Yes; Can Shrink-Yes Goal: Report generated so each driver has his/her own appointments. Orientation: Landscape, paper size 8.5 x 14, column width: 13.5729"; column height: 0.3069" When previewing in Print Preview one record per page is appearing rather than all appointments for a driver for a given date. I have the bands as narrow as I can make them. I am missing somethi...

Message "An error has occured" when click Activity
Hi All, After creating a new case, when i try to create a new email activity, message "An error has occured. Please contact your system administrator". Has anybody encounter this issue before? Previously it was working fine, after we import the customization. I have problem to create new email activity. Thanks. -- Regards, Venedict what does the Event Viewer say? "Venedict" wrote: > Hi All, > > After creating a new case, when i try to create a new email activity, > message "An error has occured. Please contact your system administrator". &g...

Exchange VSS Writer Error
Hi, Our Exchange Server ( running on Win2003, Exch2003-SP1 ) is having backup issues since the active backup job was interrupted by a network failure. Network switch's power was interrupted during an active backup job. After the incident, I am having error when I try to start the exchange backup. I am using Veritas Backup veritas 10 to do the backup job. I have tried to use the windows native backup but is facing the similar problem also. The following is the event details when i try to activate a backup job Event Type: Information Event Source: NTBackup Event Category: None ...

MFC Registry Access in Automation Servers (EXE)
I have written a MFC server application (MFC automation server). Some configuration settings are saved with WriteProfileInt /WriteProfileString to the registry. I used SetRegistryKey("Mycompany") for the registry path. The application works fine under different users. Now this application is started as embedded server via my ASP code from the IIS. The machine is a Windows 2003 Web Edition Server. For this case the DCOM and IIS settings uses a predefined user for the ASP code and the COM server. If I start the app per hand now under this user everything is going well. But if the app ...

center text when conditional format applied
Textbox control on Access 2007 form lost its centered alignment when conditional formatting is applied. This did not happen in previous versions of Access. I tried using format painter to apply conditional formats from a control created in an earlier version, but this failed. The control created in the earlier version then lost it's centering after saving in Access 2007. -- Roy Handy Interesting. I tried to replicate this behaviour but failed, it all worked as it should. Try revisiting your form after applying the conditional formatting and resetting the text box to center text. ...

Restricting SubForm to One Record Entry Per Parent: Access 2007
Hello All, I have a one-to-one relationship between two table. I have successfully added the subform, but I get the option to add additional child records in the Datasheet View. This means that when a user tabs to the next row and enters data they get an error--and they should. Question: How do I restrict the subform to show only one row in Datasheet View? I hope I was clear. Feel free to ask for clarification. Thank you in advance for your assistance. Alcide, You have two options here. If the records are already added to the source of the subform you could set the &qu...

MSDE Installation Error
During the MSDE 2000 installation portion, afrer you input your password the app looks like it will install but I almost immediately get an error stating: Microsoft SQL Server Desktop Engine Setup failed to configure the server. Refer to the server error logs and setup error logs for more information. I looked for log files in the server Even Viewer and elsewhere and cannot find anything relevent. This same error happens if I try to download and install MSDE 2000 as a standalone but with the complex password setting in the Command Prompt. There are PC's on the domain that are alr...

How analyze Error Report Contents information?
My MFC application crashed during testing, and the tester sent me a screenshot of the Error Report Contents dialog, which at least shows that it was our good friend the 0xc0000005 error, and gives the address at which the exception occurred. Is there any way to take that address, and look in the MAP file the linker generated, and figure out in which function the problem occurred? I've looked at some of the appcompat.txt files generated on my machine, and they don't seem to contain anything that would help me map address to function. Thanks! Chris There is a very good articl...

Access 2007 pivot
I have a complex query that is based on ERP data exports. I am supporting a multi-dimensional matrix organization. A pivot table would be a perfect tool for analysing sales, margins, and changes for different business units. I have been using Excel pivots a lot and also in this case started with excel. However, the amount of data and usability of reports limits the possibility to distributing information in excel. With Excel I was able to all the tricks especially using the calculated item functionality, which is missing from the access pivot component. What I would like to ha...

How do I get upgarde for publisher 98 to 2000 ?
I have set up the publisher 98 but I have installed in office 2000 on my pc. My system is run win xp so now microsoft update office 2000 SR-1 ...so what shall I do then . aknz2004 wrote: >I have set up the publisher 98 but I have installed in > office 2000 on my pc. My system is run win xp so now > microsoft update office 2000 SR-1 ...so what shall I do > then . ======================================= If you want Publisher 2000, you'll have to purchase a copy of the program. You cannot upgrade Pub98 to Pub2000...they are two separate programs. -- John Inzer return e-mail...

share workbook error
I am using excel 2007 and am trying to share a workbook. review/share workbook Then I get the message that the file is no longer shared. How can I share the workbook? ...

error no memory with one workbook
Hi I have a workbook 1 that i have been working on for many years adding new sheet macros etc But lately if i open workbook 1 on its own it is fine but if i try and open another workbook (with or without macros enabled) i get a message box say "Not enough memory" and will not let me open the second workbook, I have tried deleting all the modules and all forms thinking they might be the trouble, but still no joy If i close workbook 1 and open the other workbooks, they open fine and work fine macros etc so this leads me to think that it is workbook 1 that is creating the problem, h...

Spell checking in Access 03-04-10
Hello, I am using Access 2007 as part of Office 2007 on XPSP2. Though the help file tells me I can use the spell checker in Access, that option is grayed out on my Home/Records Tab. I want to check spelling in report design. How do I do so? -- Thanks, Bob Bob, Spell checking in Design View is done via eye balls. I know of no other way to accmplish that task. Note, that the spell check is for actual data that is stored in tables. -- Gina Whipp 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access) "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors I...

money 2000 online bill payment
does anyone know how i can activate the online bill payment option for money 2000? It says that fifth third bank does not support online bill payment but it does. it probably didn't however at the time 2000 was rolled out. any suggestions? You could try updating or disable and re-enable online services in case Money is using an old version of the fipartnr.ini file that for some reason isn't getting updated. I'd also recommend calling the bank to ensure that you should be able to enable online bill pay in Money 2000. "scott" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.co...