Access 2000 Controls Wizard Not Working...

Hi all, I am currently trying to learn to use access 2000 to create simple
databases. Unfortunately the Control Wizard has stopped working and I am
unable to get it working again. I have clicked the Control Wizard button on
the tool bar, but when I place a control (button, combo box, etc. etc.) it
does not come up with the wizard screen. It just places the control object
onto the form.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling bu the problem persists.

I am using Windows XP (SP3) and Office 2000.

access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Hi Rob,

> I am using Windows XP (SP3) and Office 2000.

First, make sure you have SP-3 for Office 2000. There are some nasty errors
that you can get in Access, without a fully patched system.

Try the following steps. You possibly have other wizards that are not
functional as well. First, try disabling your antivirus to see if it is
blocking the wizard. If that does not bring any joy, then replace three files
on your hard drive, Acwzmain.mde, Acwzlib.mde and Acwztool.mde, using the
instructions shown in KB 303769. One or more of these files may have become
corrupted. Do this without Access running.

    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=303769
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=833220

1.) Insert the Microsoft Office or Access compact disc.
2.) By using Windows Explorer, open the Pfiles\Msoffice\Office\1033
     folder on your CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive, and locate the
     Acwzmain.mde, Acwzlib.mde and Acwztool.mde files.
3.) Select these files, and then click Copy on the Edit menu
4.) Open the folder that you installed Office into. The default folder is
     C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office. Select the Office\1033 folder,
     and then on the Edit menu, click Paste.

If that doesn't fix the problem, try re-registering the Accwiz.dll,
Msado15.dll and DAO360.dll files.
Click on Start > Run. Then enter the commands:

    Regsvr32 Accwiz.dll
    Regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Common Files\system\ado\Msado15.dll"
    Regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\DAO\Dao360.dll"

Wizard starts, but “No valid fields can be found” error message may be
related to overly aggressive settings on antivirus software:
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.access.tablesdbdesign/browse_frm/thread/287b312d799c6739/2543458dbca8ddde
and
http://alexdyb.blogspot.com/2006/02/be-careful-with-kaspersky-anti-virus.html

Tom Wickerath
Microsoft Access MVP
http://www.accessmvp.com/TWickerath/

"Rob Sorfleet" wrote:

> Hi all, I am currently trying to learn to use access 2000 to create simple
> databases. Unfortunately the Control Wizard has stopped working and I am
> unable to get it working again. I have clicked the Control Wizard button on
> the tool bar, but when I place a control (button, combo box, etc. etc.) it
> does not come up with the wizard screen. It just places the control object
> onto the form.
>
> I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling bu the problem persists.
>
> I am using Windows XP (SP3) and Office 2000.

Access 97 can't resize database window

How to link with an Access DB
Hi, I have an Acces DB with many tables. I need to choose the name of a customer in a cell of Excel. For example, in acces I have this tables: Table1 Id Name Last Name City I need to choose the last name from a drop down menu in a spreadsheet and then in other cell I need to put all the data regarding the last name that I choose. I hope to be exaustive, and sorry for my english. :-) Many Thanks Stefano ...

[Access 2007] How to edit custom menubar created in Access2003?
Hello, This is my first post to this server, Hello everyone. We're working on a database created by my collegue in MS Access 2003. Since some time we've moved to MS Access 2007. Now we find problems editing the menubar. Each time we want to remove/add/alter a menu item my collegue goes to his MS Access 2003 and changes a menu. In 2007 the full menubar is visible under Add-Ins ribbon menu. Normally there should be a system table USysRibbon, but it is not there. There are only MSys* objects. How can we change the menubar directly in MS Access 2007? Is that possible at al...

Can't move things to deleted items: The item could not be deleted. It was either moved or already deleted, or access was denied
This is weird. It looks like I have one user with a damaged 'deleted items' bin. Everyone else is fine. This user had opened up an accout of someone who left the company a while back and apparently tried to delete a few thousand spam messages that they had. Their system eitehr locked up, or they got sick of waiting and did something to stop it, when they did we could no longer mount the information store. I ran several things including an eseutil /p on the database, and then removed the log files and ran the ISINTEG -s server01 -test alltests -fix, which found 2 or three problems and f...

Getting control IS in Active X controls
The common recipee is to use m_dwControlId=::GetWindowLong(m_hWnd,GWL_ID) m_dwControlId=::GetDlgCtrlID(m_hWnd) both return 0 So what can be done ...

Outlook 2000 not opening.

users with restricted access

Access 97/2000/2003 comparisons

Using later version of microsoft access

Controling a MailMerge...
I am about to redo a procedure that will control a mail merge. My current process requires that the AccessDB is closed. This is the process now: 1) Data exists an access table that represents children in a household. 2) The assumption is made that the youngest child stores the most current mailing address and parent's names. A form/sub-form process allows viewing all children in a selected household as well as updating the address information. 3) A button on the main menu starts the mail-merge. It runs a Make Table query that generates the data necessary for the household. Then l...

Audio does not work on other end of video call
I have 3 or 4 people that I have tried to setup video calls thru messenger and only one of them can hear me clearly. One can hear me but I have to yell. Another cannot hardly hear me at all and is choppy. The video portion works fantastic on both ends, as well I can hear everyone crystal clear. I also know that the other party's systems seem to be working well because I can actually hear their pc's making noise when I type a message or when they play something. So I don't think they have speaker issues. Does anyone know what the problem could be? Everyone i...

backup file won't work!!
OK, now I've really had it! This is my last resort! Several years ago, while using Money 97, our computer crashed. We had backed up every time we used money, so I thought we were OK. However, we could never get the backup file to pull up after fixing the computer and everything was lost. I vowed that this would not happen again, so I tried backing up on a ZIP disk instead, and then on CDs. I also got on this newsgroup and got the advice that I needed to first copy the backup file onto the desktop and open it from there. I tried doing that with the old program, and it seeme...

no access to send internet email

Data migration - Adventure Works

Is Outlook 2000 compatiple with Windows XP Home?
It seems to be having problems if it is... something like Outlook has experience a problem and must close. I rand the compatibility wizard, but it didn't help. Can you? Hi, I have Outlook 2000 installed on my XP Home machine and it works fine. >-----Original Message----- >It seems to be having problems if it is... something like >Outlook has experience a problem and must close. I rand >the compatibility wizard, but it didn't help. Can you? >. > Rod <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > It seems to be having problems if it is... something...

OL 2000 should not autom send/receive on start
Hi, I found it in OL 2002 but not in OL 2000. How can I define, or better disable, that OL is trying to send/receive mails on starting and closing OL? And it should never automatically try every x minutes to do so. I found this option on OL2000 but my impression is, that OL is still polling the pop3 account for new mails. Any help on this would be appreciated. Thanks a lot Hans Tools->email accounts->send/receive settings. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail se...

Setting Defaults in New Item Wizard
How can I set a default value in the New Item Wizard? I want to always use a barcode type that is about 10 down from the top and I want Taxable Item to always be checked. Help... Good question, I need an answer too. "A StanTech Associate" wrote: > How can I set a default value in the New Item Wizard? I want to always use a > barcode type that is about 10 down from the top and I want Taxable Item to > always be checked. Help... You can set the default sales tax under Manager, File, Configuration, Sales Tax, Default item tax group. To set a default barcode type yo...

Outlook 2000 #187
When I launch Outlook 2000, it hangs up. I've installed the upgrade from Office 97 to Office 2000. Can anyone tell me why outlook hangs up. I've check the properties and verified my internet e-mail information. Regards, J. Tolbert Fuller, jr. Houston TX 77093-8411 E-Mail: johntoljr@earthlink.net Fuller John T. <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I launch Outlook 2000, it hangs up. I've installed > the upgrade from Office 97 to Office 2000. Can anyone > tell me why outlook hangs up. I've check the properties > and verified my inte...

Rule Wizard: "Rules In Error"
I have a blackberry, and I have my outlook forwarding emails to it, but about once a day, I get a message that says "Rules in Error: Error in Rule Execution" and it won't forward any emails after that. I only have one single rule, so it's not a rule conflict. Does anyone know the deal? This is extremely frustrating as sometimes I'll be out of the office during the weekend or at night and won't receive any message for hours on my blackberry, only to find out later that this "Rules in Error" dialog box popped up and it won't forward emails. It see...