Access '03 dulicate records in query

I'm developing a select query from the results of three other queries and
receiving duplicate information.  I have a primary key set up and in the
three original queries it is functioning and I do not receive duplicates, but
the "master" query is generating more information than the single queries
contain.  I'm NOT at all good with Access, so please help!  This is making me
crazy!
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Using the SELECT DISTINCT option will eliminate any duplicates from the
result set of the final query.  You can amend it in SQL view or you can
select 'Yes' as the query's 'Unique Values' property in design view.

Ken Sheridan
Stafford, England

"Laura Z" wrote:

> I'm developing a select query from the results of three other queries and
> receiving duplicate information.  I have a primary key set up and in the
> three original queries it is functioning and I do not receive duplicates, but
> the "master" query is generating more information than the single queries
> contain.  I'm NOT at all good with Access, so please help!  This is making me
> crazy!

Record Selection
I am working with a part number that is 10-11 alpha numeric characters. I need to focus on the 8th character which represents the color of the item and make a selection as to the color. I started looking at the "Like" function, but couldn't figure out how to have it look at the 8th character only. I am using Access 2000. Any help would be appreciated. On Thu, 8 Apr 2010 13:51:02 -0700, Dmario wrote: > I am working with a part number that is 10-11 alpha numeric characters. I > need to focus on the 8th character which represents the color of the item a...

Can't Access Contacts
When I click on contacts they are there but when I click on "TO" when sending an email the error message is: The address list could not be displayed. Anyone, please? Pat -- Pat Geddes "Pat Geddes" <Pat.Geddes.5a8bfb3@outlookbanter.com> wrote in message news:Pat.Geddes.5a8bfb3@outlookbanter.com... > > When I click on contacts they are there but when I click on "TO" when > sending an email the error message is: The address list could not be > displayed. Anyone, please? > Asked and answered here HUNDREDS of times...

Checkbox to a query
I have a form with a checkbox; I'm trying to build a query that grabs that value from the checkbox (-1), and use it as a criteria. In the criteria, I want to say: if the checkbox is checked, give me all records that do not have a -1, otherwise give me all records. So to clarify: I have two tables. first one is "new table" and the second one is "archive table". I want to build a query, so that if the checkbox is checked, all records in the "new table" that are NOT in the "archive table" will be shown. If the checkbox is not checked, then I want all...

Merge different queries
Hello all, I have two tables where I enter my stock trades as well as foreign exchange (FX) trades. The two tables contain different fields as the trading instruments require different entries. I then created two seperated queries in order to calculate the profit from each stock and each FX trade. I need two queries as the calculations are different, too. Now, I would like to merge the two queries in order to see my overall profit and losses no matter if the trade is a stock or FX trade. That is, in the final query I would like to see the trade ID (which is the primary key in eac...

Bill of Materials Record is locked
We are getting a message on one of our BOM's that says Record is locked. View only? Does anyone have any ideas. Thanks, Marie Nevermind I found the answer "marie" wrote: > We are getting a message on one of our BOM's that says Record is locked. > View only? Does anyone have any ideas. > > Thanks, > Marie Marie, Just for knowledge sharing, if there were no users have the BOM selected in BOM Maintenance Form or in BOM Mass Update then a record must be locked in "BMS10000" table and could be easily deleted. Regards, -- Mohammad R. Da...

Only one record shows in input form
Good morning, I have created a database with Access 2003. I imported 17 records from Excel into the products table. When I open the input form to add new or correct the existing records, the input form sees only one of the 17 records. Can someone tell me why? If it will help to look at the database, I have uploaded it to: http://www.netstore02.com/db/ It is titled "trouble.mdb" Thank you for whatever help you can give me!! :>) Mary Hartman <MaryHartman@smallville.og> wrote in news:k5b1k35btmcn75o4n3nsolrt6ht6j3vlhl@4ax.com: > > Good morning, > > I h...

Record Macro and Edit Macro options disabled
Hi, I've downloaded the Excel 2007 trial and I'm want to record a macro but the button, along with the Visual Basic and Macros ones on the Code section of the Developer tab in the Excel Ribbon are disabled. I have the Macro Settings set to "Enable all macros" and ticked the "Trust access to the VBA project object model" in the trust center. I have closed an re-opened Excel and have tried creating new workbooks in 3 formats (extensions xlsx, xlsm, xlsb) but can't get the buttons enabled. What have I missed? Or are macros disabled in the trial version? Tha...

trans history removal report
When trying to clear out old data in the "trx history removal utility", i get a message that says "unable to remove this transaction: an open apply record exists or an apply record exists outside the selected range. When I go to apply record under the named vendor, it doesn't show anything remaining open. The voucher is closed and a discount was taken on this transaction, but it is causing my historical aging to be off by the amount of discount. If anyone has had any similiar situation or knows how to clear out this transaction, please let me know. Thanks ...

getting players records vs. other players
Hi I am having trouble doing this. Here is what i have. I have a table that shows the date, winner, and loser. I then have 2 queries that counts the number of times Player A won vs. Player B, and then how many times Player A lost to Player B. I then combine thsoe 2 queries and it works fine provided Player A and Player B have at least 1 win and loss vs each other. If not, nothing shows up when i combine the queries So what I need is for it to show that Player A is 4-0 vs Player B and subsequently Player B is 0-4 vs Player A. Can someone help? example Player Team Won Oppon...

Outlook 2003 unable to access menu by right clicking on message
We have recently upgraded from Office 2002 to Office 2003 on Windows 2000 PCs. Two users are unable to right click on messages to get the menu options (junk e-mail, etc.). It was working for them initially but stopped functioning. We have tried to uninstall and run Office Clean but were unable to resolve. It seems to work if they select multiple messages at one time but cannot right click on single messages to access the menu. A hour glass flashes and nothing happens. Thank you in advance for any suggestions you may have. Jenny ...

query problem 12-01-09
I've got a table of Organizations and a table of Memberships. Memberships have an OrgID and one Org can be part of many Memberships. Memberships have an expiration date. I'm trying to build a list of Organizations that have at least one non- expired Membership associated with it. I'd like each current Org to show once in a list (for an unbound combo box). I tried: SELECT tblOrganizations.OrganizationID, tblOrganizations.Name, [tblMemberships.Anniversary]>(Date()-60) AS [Current] FROM tblOrganizations INNER JOIN tblMemberships ON tblOrganizations.OrganizationID ...

HTTP Error when accessing properties of Public Folders
Greetings.... First, thanks for the previous help I have received in this forum. ;) I will try to keep this brief, but afraid it may require more...........Exch2k Server with all service packs up to date. Moving accounts and Public Folder structure from one Exch2k server to another. Will be removing the older of the two from the domain when done. Right-click on the Public Folder to look at the properties of the folder to setup replication of the folder and get the following error message: The HTTP Service used by Public Folders is not available, possible causes are that Public Stor...

Access 2003 linked tables causes read-only
Hi A weird one - I have an Access 2k mdb set with linked tables. Ive opened the set under Access 2003. If the link is to the c: drive (where the functions are) all is OK, but if I put the mdb with the tables in on a net drive (eg X:\.....) the tables become read only and I can find how to stop this.. Any help anyone, please???!!?? thanks Jim McDonald What permissions do you have on the folder where the mdb has been placed? You must have Change permissions (Read, Write, eXecute and Delete) on the folder, not just the file. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele ...

Macro Blunder
I seem to have lost the toolbar that pops up when you prompt Excel t create a new macro. The toolbar with the stop button and the relative reference button i gone. How do I get it back??? Thanks ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com nkob Tools>Customize>Toolbars. Select "Stop Recording" toolbar>Close Stop Recording Toolbar should now be visible on sheet. Hit "X" to close it(but not while you are recording). It will pop up next ...

Popup a message when query finished
I have a form that has a command button with code that updates 7 tables by a series of 7 queries. Is there any way to popup a message box to indicate to the user that all the queries have run successfully and they can move on? Although it happens very quickly there is no visual evidence to the user that the query is running or finished. Thanks Tony -- Why don't my grey cells communicate with each as fast as they used to? I hate getting old! Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-modules/201002/1 Yes, you can put a Msgbox...

Setting the Startup Options for an Access 2007 database using VBA
Afternoon everyone, I'm trying to use the information from an MSDN page of roughly the same title (Setting Startup Options Programmatically in Access 2000, http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa140020(office.10).aspx) to setup the startup options of my database. Firstly, I don't know whether this option should be placed in a module or event (like Form_Load). Secondly, I'm not too sure that I have the code correctly written down: Private Sub Form_Load() Dim dbs As CurrentProject Set dbs = Application.CurrentProject dbs.Properties....

Filtered Records as source for appending records to a table
I have an inventory database with a form to create multiple items with the same product information at once, it goes to a second form where the individual serial numbers can be entered. The second form shows the filtered recordset of items just created. I want to be able to press a button on the second form and have a transaction created in my transactiontbl using each of the itemids in the filtered recordset. The new transaction records should be as follows... TransactionTbl TransactionID -> Autonumber Transdate -> Date () ItemID -> Number (foreign Key itemid fr...

Can access it's shared folders, but cannot access the computer directly through network
Need help from all the techies, I have a Windows XP Pro SP2 PC which is made as a server. In the network I have another 5 pc (Windows XP Pro SP2) connected to this server as workstations. From all the workstations, I am *able to open all the shared folders of the server*, but when I tried in the *Run* with *\\server*, I'd get an error saying " *access is denied.* ". I cannot gain access to the server but can open it's shared folders. I have scanned for viruses/spywares/malwares. All cleaned up, but the problem still persists. Can anyone help me? Thank you. ...

with Publisher or Office.Will I be able to access old files docume
I am frustrated with my Open Office org. program for many reasons. I would like to use Publisher or Office or? Will I be able to access, email, documents etc files previously made on another program if I download Publisher or Office or ? Erica wrote: > I am frustrated with my Open Office org. program for many reasons. > I would like to use Publisher or Office or? > Will I be able to access, email, documents etc files previously made on > another program if I download Publisher or Office or ? Office applications cannot open OpenDocument files. You will have to convert them to O...

May I post here questions about SQL queries against Excel via ODBC?
and if not, can you recommend of a relevant forum? For example, I'm desperately looking for an answer to the question: How can I retrieve the row number of a record in a query? Somethin like: select x.*,rownum() from sheet1$ as x Thanks in advance, Noam ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com try posting in the Security Forum, under SQL Server Security, that's where most people go when they have questions about SQL. ...

User Defined fields should be accessible from shipping address
The current relationship does not allow for the customer to use the user defined fields from the ship to address. The reason for GP not pulling the information for the shipping address in the Customer Address Master File (RM00102) is because it is already pulling the information in the Sales Transaction Work tables (SOP10100). Unlike the billing information, the shipping address can already be seen in the SOP10100 table and this is why the table relationship between the RM00102 and SOP10100 tables is based on the Bill to Address. There should be an additional relationship so you can p...

Problem with Microsoft Query
It doesn't return some of the data. It returns all but one actually. And I went into Microsoft Query help and followed the instructions. The file is closed, and the data is formatted the same way. Any advice on how to fix it? Jul, Your question is extremely vague. You should probably provide more explicit information about the details of your query such as The type of file are you trying to query The program you are using to perform the query Details of the query parameters Details of the information that is not being retrieved Also, make sure you change the Subject of your messag...

Program trying to access Outlook
I just upgraded my Office XP Pro from the Microsoft Security site. But now, whenever I try to create a new e- mail message, I get the warning that a program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. I click no....ie not allowing this, and the new message window opens. However, I keep getting error messages and requests to report errors to Microsoft. This never happened prior to up Office Upgrade. Any ideas what this is? Thanks. "bill h" said in news:17f7c01c419fa$8dcb5d10$a401280a@phx.gbl: > I just upgraded my Office XP Pro from the Microsoft > Se...

Open Form with macro and data from Selected Record
I am wanting a person to open a form, and have the subform display the records that relate to the main form. This part works. I then have a continuous form view for the subform and i want the user to be able to double click on the record they see in the subform and have it pull up that record into a blank form. I get the blank form to open up when they double click, however I cannot get the data for that record to show up. I either get a blank/new record or all records. I am trying the SearchForRecord macro in an On Load Event. This loads after the form has been opened. Ac...

Update query result to table
I can't find a good example on the web showing how to update table with the result from query. Table1 name "Agent1" column have: phone#(primary key), birthdate, and agent (total record 100). table2 name "Agent 2" have the same field (total record 150) except the data on agent is different. I run a query for this two tables and want to update the table1 with the table2 data where the phone#(primary Key). I want the result form the query will replace the agent in Agent1 table. How can i do that? UPDATE Table1 INNER JOIN Table2 ON Table1.[Phone#] = Table2.[Phone#]...