Access 03-17-08

From a menu designed using access a query was run and the response we
received says the records are deleted. The query's function is to search a
table which has 6,000 records. The table with the records can be seen.
However We cannot  cannot do sorts or run queries on it. How do we free up
the data access says is deleted.? It also says unrecognized data format when
we try to look at the individual from related the the query on the menu.
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

At times like this, nothing beats a good backup.  In fact make a complete
backup of your database now and put it away for safe keeping.

AFTER making the backup copy of the database, the first thing to try is a
Compact and Repair. If that doesn't work, below are some good resources.

Tony Toews has an excellent web page on database corruption.
http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/corruptmdbs.htm

Allen Brown also has excellent info on corruption.
http://allenbrowne.com/ser-47.html

I have a white paper in a Word document named Fix Corrupt Access Database
towards the bottom this page:
http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/OtherLibraries.asp
--
Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP

"Awesomeones" wrote:

> From a menu designed using access a query was run and the response we
> received says the records are deleted. The query's function is to search a
> table which has 6,000 records. The table with the records can be seen.
> However We cannot  cannot do sorts or run queries on it. How do we free up
> the data access says is deleted.? It also says unrecognized data format when
> we try to look at the individual from related the the query on the menu.

What settings needs changed in order to merge from an access data.
I had created a certificate in publisher and was merging the names from a query in access. The techical support center upgraded our machines and now the merge will not work. What settings should I check to make this work again? ...

Sales for Outlook 12-02-03
Could anyone tell me whether it's possible to use Microsoft Sales for Outlook as a standalone product without first installing CRM. We're in the proces of moving from Act, and I'd like to try out the standalone features of Sales for Outlook without going through the whole process of installing the CRM servers. As you will know, during the install process you are asked to provide the URL of the CRM server. Is is possible to bypass this or provide any other work around. Advice would be very gratefully received. Thanks James Foley no...you need to connect to a crm server to sta...

Access behaves differently in different environments
The following function has an error in it. There is no column called "Comment" in the table "tblScores." But in my XP 2003 Pro/Access 2003 environment, control is never transferred to the error handler. Instead, the function just returns an empty string. In a Windows 2000 environment, control does go to the error handler, but the error is "<database name> can't find the field Forms referred to in your expression." Not very helpful. But the 2000 environment at least is recognizing that an error occurred. The database is created in the 2003 e...

Pst import access Problem
I am experiencing a problem reading outlook files saved from work(a pst) and imported to outlook at home. These files were loaded to my home HD and folder/file properties wer adjusted to not readonly. After importing the messages they appear in their appropriate folders When I attempt to open a message I receive this message in a pop-u box: Can't open this file. I am running outlook 98 on my laptop and Outlook from Office XP on m desktop. The Outlook98 version is 8.5.7806.0 Any help would be greatly appreciated as these files are important t me. Thank You Jac -- jskowa ---------------...

I can't edit information on my form in Access. Any ideas?
I'm unable to edit any information on my form. All controls are unlocked and enabled, the tables are properly linked and the information shows up, but when I try to edit, it just makes a clicking sound. Editing Data in a Form wrote: > I'm unable to edit any information on my form. All controls are > unlocked and enabled, the tables are properly linked and the > information shows up, but when I try to edit, it just makes a > clicking sound. Nearly always means that your form's RecordSource is a query that does not allow edits (most don't). If you used the wizar...

window mail 03-07-10
Bonsoir, Je ne sais pas ou trouver les infos concernant : le serveur entrant, le serveur sortant, quelqu'un peut il m aider.. Merci d'avance. Pastor a �crit... > Bonsoir, Bonjour, > Je ne sais pas ou trouver les infos concernant : le serveur entrant, > le serveur sortant, quelqu'un peut il m aider.. Dis-nous de nom de domaine de l'adresse don il s'agit et ton FAI. > Merci d'avance. Padkoi -- Cordialement, Luc Burnouf [MVP] http://www.faqoe.com/ ...

Excel 97 #17
Does anyone know if it is possible to select multiple cells from 2 different Pivot Tables? I have 2 pivot tables, each with a Total and would like to select the Totals from the 2 Pivot Tables. I know this can be done with Office 2003 and when selected, the SUM of the cells appears in the bottom right of the spreadsheet. I don't have xl97 to test this on, but if your pivottables are on one worksheet, then select the first range and ctrl-click to select the second range. If you don't see the sum, try rightclicking on the statusbar near those embossed boxes and select Sum. Tools|O...

Query Help Needed 01-17-08
I have a database that tracks statistics for my department. I need to be able to compare the current years and previous years totals. I also need to be able to track them by month. I believe that a cross tab query would do the job, however I am not having any luck in making it work. my table is like this monthdate field(formatted as MMMM YYYY) field1,number field2,number field3,number field4,number field5,number field6,number field7,number The numbers are obtained from our database, however they are raw numbers, we have to format them into reports. I have created the database to use...

Create Word Document with Specified Word Template from Access Report
Hi Folks - Currently, users have a Word document with an attached template that contains numerous (over 200) autotext entries. Each autotext entry contains multiple FILLIN fields. The user inserts the appropriate autotext entry and is prompted by the FILLIN fields. I'd like to create an Access report, convert it to a Word document, and attach the template programmatically so the user still can use the autotext entries. I've seen numerous ways to convert the Access report to Word, but not how to attach a specific template. Any ideas? Michael ...

Internet Connection 03-03-10
Computer connects to the internet via comcast modem. Comcast doctor app shows a connection. When I try to connect using a desktop icon, a screen opens (like it normally would when connecting to a website). Bottom message line says website found, attempting to connect; but the address line is blank. Type in adress, same results. Strange things seen: once or twice I was able to access the Google website. After accessing, I could go no further. Same scenario. Also no access to any MS website. I would receive updates, but one keeps trying to reload, error msg, and again. A...

Access Error
I have a problem when I leave the program I am writing for about 20 minutes it comes up with the error : Path/File access error what is causing this I can save it fine before the error and when the error comes up it just freezes. Thanks in advance Greg It sounds like you have a macro running in the background -- some type of OnTime procedure. And the drive/path that its trying to write to isn't available (bad code or a network/local drive that disappears???) Next time this happens: while in excel hit alt-f11 (to get to the VBE) hit ctrl-r (to see the project explorer) ...

How to hide Menu Bar in Access 2007?
Is there an equivalent of "Application.CommandBars("Menu Bar").Enabled = False" in Access 2007? In my Access 2003 mdb, I can programmatically hide all Toolbars AND the Menu Bar on the main form's open event (and maximize the form) to get a nice, clean window for my application - complete with a custom icon. In Access 2007, I can minimize the Ribbon (I assume there's programmatic way to do this), but I'm still left with an outer window (which I don't want), and a big ugly "Office Button". Is there any way to programmatically hide or close t...

Importing Data into CRM 03-01-05
Hello, What is the fastest way to import data from an excel file into CRM? The excel file contains data (Account name + few other attributes) that should represent the Accounts in CRM. I have found out that the data could be imported as Leads via the standard CRM tools and later converted into accounts. If this is the correct way: 1. Any suggestions on how to correctly format the excel file? 2. How can the lead\account process be automated? Thanks in advance, -- Oliver Nikolic On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 14:08:02 +0100, "Oliver Nikolic" <olivernikolic@msn.com> wrote: >Hel...

call a phone number from Access by clicking
Hi, Is there any code or macro to input in a control to be able to call a phone number with my telephone tool by clicking the phone control in Access ? Thanks for any help LinaBrussels "LinaBrussels" <LinaBrussels@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:687004A6-8807-4B85-AF52-B4F3E1928169@microsoft.com... > Hi, > Is there any code or macro to input in a control to be able to call a phone > number with my telephone tool by clicking the phone control in Access ? > Thanks for any help > LinaBrussels If I remember correctly, one of the options, when usi...

Access 2007 w/VBA
This is only a test, to see if the newsgroup "consolidates" posts with the same "Subject:" Regards Jeff B. AHA! Note to self (and any others interested): If I use a "Subject:" for a new post, and that subject is identical to a "Subject:" already used by another poster, the newsgroup grabs my post and shoves it underneath the other "Subject:" post, treating it as if it were a response. Jeff B. "Jeff Boyce" <nonsense@nonsense.com> wrote in message news:%23EhPYCH7KHA.3880@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >...

Catalog merge using an Access table
I am trying to create a directory from an Access table using the catalog merge. I create my merge area with 4 lines. The 3rd line for most records is blank in which case I want the 4th line to print right up under the 2nd line. Before I merge, I can click on File, Print Merge and I check the box for not printing blank lines. But at this point, it is not merged and I get one record per page and the blank line is not suppressed. If I go ahead and merge and there are multiple records per page, then when I click on File, Print, I do not see a box to check to not print blank lines. What am I...

Access 2000 vs. 2003
Hi All, This might not be the right discussion group but I'm having diffuclty finding comparison documentation, so here are my questions. My company uses Access 2000 extensively to create local databases to support some data manipulation and conversion. Sorry I can't go into detail. Recently we decided to migrate all of the applications to .NET. Does Access 2003 have any advantages over Access 2000, particularly in the area of performance? Is there a documented comparison between Access 2000 and Access 2003? Any help or guidance is greatly appreciated. -- Thanks, ...

OWA Access #2
Keep getting this error when connecting to Outlook Web Access internally and externally... ....HTTP Error 405 - The HTTP verb used to access this page is not allowed. Internet Information Services (IIS) Anybody know how to correct it? You cannot even access OWA from the web server? Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling OWA on the web server? Are the web server and the Exchange server 2 separate computers or are they the same box? Is this Exchange 5.5 SP-4 or 2K or even 2K3? Rob "Dexter Haskins" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0b6201...

Inserting picture stored in an Access DB table
I would like to insert a picture in a given cell. This picture is stored in a table in an Access DB. How can I accomplish this? Thanks hi pictures and other objects cannot be inserted into cells. objects "float" on top of the sheet. the closest you might get is to insert the picture into a comment. see this site. http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments02.html#Picture regards FSt1 "Jess" wrote: > I would like to insert a picture in a given cell. This picture is stored in a > table in an Access DB. How can I accomplish this? > > Thanks...

Charts or Graphs in Access
Hi, I'm doing my nut on this one! I can't tell from the help whether I'm looking at an Excel help or Access now that I have added various References that allow charts. Looking at other questions on this topic has not made it any clearer. My code of far! Dim objChartSpace As ChartSpace Dim objChart As ChChart Set objChartSpace = Me.ChartSpace6 (object on the form) Set objChart = objChartSpace.Charts.Add (wishful thinking!) The object does not get set. I wish to "simply" add a chart to a form that displays some subform data graphically and will requery...

Access to dex.ini via citrix web interface
We have GP 9 running on server 2003. We have published it via citrix by modifying the dex.ini file and adding it to the folder that the terminal services profile directs too. since then, we have added a second citrix server to the mix to allow for web access as well a full client access. when users use the standard client, the dex file is still working properly. when they use the web interface, it uses the default dex.ini found in \program files\microsoft dynamics\gp How can I make sure that it points to the correct file? thank you in advance, it is much appreciated, Richard Johnston r...

2 POS accessing 2 different databases- can it be done?
Can we have 2 registers in RMS accessing 2 different databases running on the same insatnce of MSDE? Thanks...Andrea yes. 1 per register. "Andrea" <Andrea@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0023C47B-D58E-4881-B08A-260454B35BC8@microsoft.com... > Can we have 2 registers in RMS accessing 2 different databases running on > the > same insatnce of MSDE? > > Thanks...Andrea You may have licensing isues however. I'm pretty sure you would have to have a dongle on each register in that scenario. "Andrea" <Andrea@discussions.mic...

Access 2003 Synchronization
I have timidly replicated my first database and I have two replicas. (Both the Design Master and the replicas are on a network drive.) I've successfully synchronized the DM and the replicas but I'm not sure I'm doing it correctly. Do I have to synch the DM with each replica, then synch the two replicas, or what? I'm afraid I'm not going to have all the data in each place. Thanks for any help. -- JFNGC If you have multiple replicas, you must sync all but the last one twice to have all databases match. Remember too, that you should only replicate the data (back-e...

access report DCount function
Hi there in control source, I use =DCount("[Field1]","qryX","[Field1] IN ('a' , 'd' , 'n' , etc)") Is there a way of using the DCount function on more than one query instead of doing =DCount("[Field1]","qryX","[Field1] IN ('a' , 'd' , 'n' , etc)")+DCount("[Field1]","qryY","[Field1] IN ('a' , 'd' , 'n' , etc)")+DCount("[Field1]","qryZ","[Field1] IN ('a' , 'd' , 'n' , etc)") ? I h...

Conversion from Access 2002 to Access 2003
Are there any issues or concerns I should be aware of in converting from Access 2002 to Access 2003. I have done fairly extensive VBA programming of a large database and don't want to run into issues with converting. Any help/comments would be appreciated. Thanks Carl Should be fine, Karl. The database should convert without issue. You could run into problems with references if you use MS Graph, Calendar control, or references to other Office products such as Outlook 10. If you find your code or functions don't work, open any code window and choose References on the Tools m...