AC/DC

AC/DC es una banda de Rock formada en Melbourne (Australia), en 1973, por
los hermanos Malcolm y Angus Young. Sus �lbumes han sido vendidos en
numerosos pa�ses, con un total estimado de 150 millones de copias,[1] y su
�lbum Back in Black vendiendo m�s de 21 millones en Estados Unidos y 42
millones en todo el mundo, haci�ndolo el segundo �lbum m�s vendido de la
historia. [2] Aunque el grupo es considerado como pioneros del rock pesado y
el heavy metal junto con Kiss,Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple y Black Sabbath,[3]
sus miembros refirieron su m�sica como rock & roll.

0
Leonel
3/30/2007 8:36:56 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Win2k8 R2 DC kerberos errors
Added a few win2k8 R2 DC into a Win2k3 domain. Got lots of kerberos errors with event ID 4771, 4769 on these new R2 DCs. Can't find much information on the errors. Can someone advice? Thanks. Hello chris, With Windows server 2008 and higher OS some Kerberos enhancements where made and this auditing options are new where earlier OS versions can't work with. See here for details: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc749438(WS.10).aspx Check this article to reverse the Kerberos auditing if needed: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc736727(WS.10)....

2 DC and 1 Exchange and ADVICE
Current: - 2 Windows 2003 Domain Controller - Native Mode - 1 Exchange 2003 Server - Native Mode - ~ 100 Users I would like to install a SECOND Exchange 2003 Server on the second DC for redundancy. I know I have to install the 2nd Exchange in the same ORG; however, how do I really ensure a good backup or RECOVERY method? Here's my idea: (1) Backup Exchange 2003 data from first DC using NTBACKUP to 2nd DC (on a share on 2nd DC) every night (2) Pretend, 1st DC goes down along with 1st Exchange 2003 Server (that has all Mailboxes) to RECOVER: (1) Just restore the NTBACK...

Removing non-existent DC from 2000 Domain
Hello, We have a Windows 2000 domain with 2 DC. One of them crashed and we bought a new hardware and Windows 2003 Server to replace it. But I can't in no way to remove the account of the failed DC from AD and when I try to add the new server with the same name as the failed one into the domain, I got an error: "The specified user already exists" Do one knows how can I remove all data, related to the failed DC from AD, so I could add a new DC with the same name? I have already used NTDSUTIL and removed the failed server from the site, but it seems this is not enough. Thanks, G...

My Exchange tabs are missing on my =?windows-1252?Q?DC=92s=2E?=
I have a new setup with 3 servers. Two domain controllers (windows 2003 std R2) One Exchange Std 2003 (not a DC only a member server.) If I create a new user on the exchange server, the wizard ends up creating an email address. If I do that on one of the DCs it just creates a user with no email. I have exchange tabs on the exchange server but not on the DCs. Everything during exchange install went well, but have I done anything wrong? There was a warning once telling me that this version on exchange could have problems with the windows version I am using. Is there a problem with Windows ...

DC backups
I've configured DPM to back up the System State of a number of Win2008 DCs, and originally DPM recommended a Replica Volume of 10GB and Recovery Point Volume of just over 5GB. This has since ballooned to 20GB and 20GB and it seems to be taking backups of the whole C: drive, not just the Sys State. Does "System State" equate to "the whole volume where SysState resides"? If not, why is this taking so much room? It's not a humungous forest...! Thanks, System state backups only system state required files. But in domain controllers most of dom...

Pixel format from DC/HBITMAP?
Hello, I'm having trouble retrieving information about the display format used by a DC and its selected HBITMAP. In essense, I am trying to create a backbuffer that matches the format used by the corresponding window. I get a handle to the window's DC, and a handle to the HBITMAP currently selected into that DC. We are using a multi-monitor display. The window in question is on an 8-bit grayscale display. -GetPixelFormat on the window DC fails. -GetObject() on the window HBITMAP fails (with both BITMAP and DIBSECTION). -Bringing the HBITMAP into a GDI+ Bitmap object and using GetPi...

MS GP Consultnat
We are looking to hire (3) FT Great Plains Consultant to work in the DC Metro area. Local consultants perfered. Work is local as well. Interested? Email me: lfierst@broadpoint.net ...

Enterprise Subordinate CA & DC Demotion
hi, what if i demote a DC which is also an Enterprise subordinate CA ? will it affect the CA service ? (Root CA is stand alone) from MS docs the only thing i could read is "dont change the hostname and/or domain membership" not talking anything about DC role appreciate a early response rgds never mind, i managed to test it out, if anybody interested answer is - before u promote or demote AD, Certificate service should be uninstalled rgds Yes. Here is an old thread regarding the same topic. Basically you need perform the following steps: 1. Backup the...

Exch 2k and 2k3 and version of AC
In our environment at this time we have combinations of Exchange 5.5, 2000 and 2003. We are in process of migrating all to Exchange 2003. The Exchange 5.5s are at this time the bridgehead between the two sites. The version of Active directory is the Exchange 2000 active directory with the latest patch, version 6.5.6944.0. At this point can I upgrade the ADC to Exchange 2003 version since it then I would have the option to move mailboxes accross the sites and probably other benefits? Please advise. Thank you. ...

Exchange 2003 as a DC?
Is it recommened to run Exchange 2003 as a 2003 server DC? TIA, Eric Definitely not, with the exception of SBS. "Eric K" wrote: > Is it recommened to run Exchange 2003 as a 2003 server DC? > > > TIA, > Eric Thank you! Do you know if there was an advantage to running Exchange 2000 as a DC? "knightly" wrote: > Definitely not, with the exception of SBS. > > "Eric K" wrote: > > > Is it recommened to run Exchange 2003 as a 2003 server DC? > > > > > > TIA, > > Eric The microsoft best practices dict...

DC temporary storage
How i can store one windows DC content in memoery for later use? i have to use one windows background after window destroy,is there any way other than file?i mean ,can i store in memoery for a while? sorry for my bad english Hi, Meta files could be suitable. See CMetaFileDC (if MFC is on). -- ====== Arman "zidansoft@gmail.com" wrote: > How i can store one windows DC content in memoery for later use? > i have to use one windows background after window destroy,is there any > way other than file?i mean ,can i store in memoery for a while? > sorry for my bad en...

RUS and New DC
I am currently running Exchange 2003 SP2 I have just added a new DC & DNS to use as a back up in case my main DC ever fails. I have the new DC running, what I would like to know is there anything special I need to do with Exchange to ensure this new DC does it's job. Do I need to add any new RUS or anything. thanks for the help I appreciate any info anyone can provide. "James M" <JamesM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am currently running Exchange 2003 SP2 I have just added a new DC & DNS to >use as a back up in case my main DC ever fails. I have t...

Changing the first DC/GC in the domain
Hi, I have installed a new DC/GC server on a powerful server and want to remove the old DC/GC from the domain. This old DC/GC is the first DC in the domain. I have moved FSMO roles and Exchange RUS to this new DC, however it seems that the Exchange is still using this old server a lot. There is a lot of activites on this old DC and it seems that the new DC is rather idle. What should I check to make sure that everything will works properly when I demote this old DC (the first DC in the domain)? Thanks! On Thu, 11 May 2006 00:17:41 +0400, Dev <dev8008-invest@yahooo.com.sg> wrote: ...

Failover on DC
If I have 5 DC's that all hold GC's how long would it take Exchnage to failover to another DC? Outlook 2003 SP1, Exchange Ent 2003 SP1 The list is reevaluated every 15 minutes. Nue "Dave Lee" <abuse@aol.com> wrote in message news:ex5B9%23LMGHA.3496@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > If I have 5 DC's that all hold GC's how long would it take Exchnage to > failover to another DC? > > Outlook 2003 SP1, Exchange Ent 2003 SP1 > On Mon, 13 Feb 2006 17:05:41 -0000, "Dave Lee" <abuse@aol.com> wrote: >If I have 5 DC's that all h...

Number of DC is limited?
I've heard that number of DC (Device Context) is limited. I want to know, 1. How many DCs are available? 2. What happens when all of them are in use? 3. Where can I or how can I find this kind of informations? I tried to read MSDN about Device Context but I couldn't find it. I want to learn how to catch fishes not only fishes. But it's doesn't mean that I don't nees fishes :-) there are 5 DCs avalible to your app. when you've used them all, GetDC() fails. joe # "Joonho Ryu" <junoryu@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uD1eYnAXDHA.2236@TK2MSFTNGP10...

Parent-Child DC with Exchange
Currently I have the following scenario: rootDC: domain.com childDC: new.domain.com I also have Exchange installed on rootDC. All servers are running Windows 2003 and latest Exchange. I would like to be able to add mail users on childDC so they can access the exchange server on rootDC. There will be many childDC's for individual departments and I would like to minimize the Exchange deployment within the setup. I would prefer to only have 1 exchange server on the rootDC and have the childDC users able to access it. Is this possible and How? Hi Yes it can be done and it's as si...

VC 7.1: Preview DC
With Visual C++ MFC 7.1 when doing a print preview the Attribute HDC and the Output HDC of the CDC differ. Whenever a pen, brush or font is selected into this CDC via SelectObject an assert is triggered as the two HDC's do not match. This was never a problem using Visual C++ MFC 6.0. Is there any way to get around this or am I missing something blindlingly obvious ? Thanks, Brett Hi Brett, For the conveniece to investigate this issue, would you please give us some code snippet to illustrate this problem? Thanks for your understanding! Best regards, Gary Chang Microsoft Online...

Add the ESM to a new DC
I just added a 2003 DC to my 2000 domain. I have exchange 2000 running on the 2000 DC. I want to eventually make the 2003 the operatiions master. But first I want to add the ESM tool to the 2003 DC. How do I do that? After I do that will the exchange tabs show up in the user account properties for AD on the new 2003 DC? ...

Exchange 2003 and DC
I've just inherited a network setup where the DC and the Exchange 2003 is on the same box. I've built another box as an additional DC. I want to run dcpromo on the exchange server and make it a member server only. Are there any ramifications in doing this and how do I install the exchange connector on the new DC? TIA, Dylan Taylor Changing the role after Exchange 2003 has been installed is not actually supported. See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822179 -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Dylan T...

DC Locator
I beleive that in Windows Server 2008, the dc locator periodically searches for the domain controller in the domain. Where does this information get updated..any registry value? Can the name of a dc be modified using a registry key? Hello Jane, See this really good article about the DCLocator process: http://blogs.dirteam.com/blogs/jorge/search.aspx?q=locator&p=1 It should answer all your questions. A DCs name cannot be changed with the registry, a DC must be renamed with netdom command line depending on the OS with it's correct version. Best regards Mein...

AC 2003 How to Force a break into debugger ?
Hi, Is it possible to force an access procedure to enter the debugger and break when there is an error? I'm trapping errors using the standard errorhandler methods, but I am stuck in a loop, and I would like to find out where the problem is. Is there any code that I could place in my error handler to force vba to stop running code and enter the debugger iwhen it encounters a particular error number? Here's what my error handler looks like now... ErrorHandlerExit: Exit Sub ErrorHandler: MsgBox "Error No: " & Err.Number & "; Description: "...

DC upgrade to Win2008
Hi, we are planning on upgrading our Win Server 2003 primary DC to Windows Server 2008. I have a few questions that I need to clear up and hope anyone out there can shed some light on them. -Firstly, will upgrading the PDC to Win2008 mean that secondary DC's need to be upgraded to Win Server 2008 also? -If the answer to the above is 'no', are there any disadvantages to not upgrading? Any advice would be great. Many thanks Mehds Hello Mehdis, You can run different OS DCs together without any problem. Only the functional levels are limited with mixed DCs. You...

Exchange 2003 on a DC?
Whats the best practice for this in a small (4 servers) network? Best practice is always to install Exchange on a member server. I recognize that this is not always possible. Keep in mind that if you install Exchange 2003 on a domain controller, you can't run dcpromo on it afterward and make it a member server; it'll always have to be a domain controller. At least until there's a design change to the product. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Zart the Artist" <ZarttheArtist@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Can I install ESM on the DC?
Hi, In order to see the exchange attibutes of users on the DC, can I just install exchange 2003 ESM on the DC? Thanks! yes. or run ADUC from an exchange server.. or install both on a workstation "Sally" <Sally@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:88B99FB3-2AF1-442B-8456-D0CFF50367EC@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > In order to see the exchange attibutes of users on the DC, can I just > install exchange 2003 ESM on the DC? > > Thanks! Sure! "Sally" <Sally@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:88B99FB3-2AF1-442B-...

SBS as a DC but CRM on another Server
Hi everyone, I just have few questions which I hope someone out there will be able to answer for me. We have an SBS 2003 Server which is our DC and we are running SQL Server, Exchange Server and Microsoft CRM on a non-raided server. 1. Is it possible to have an SBS Server 2003/8 running as a DC with SQL Server & Exchange on it but run Microsoft CRM on another server running Windows 2003/2008 Server. We just want to spread the workload on the DC. 2. Bar the obvious reasons for using raid, would you recommend having SBS running of a raided machine? What about CRM if it can be run from an...