A2K database installation

Using A2K, I have created an install folder to be used in distributing to
multiple users.  The users have either Windows 2000 or Windows XP.  On some
of the machines I get a message that some of the files are out of date and
need to be updated.  When I take the option to do that, the install comes
back to the same message, it never ends.  At one time when I experienced this
problem I found out that Windows 2000 needed to be on at least SP3.  One of
the machines with this problem is Windows 2000 SP3, and has in the past had
other databases installed using the same type install folder.
Any thoughts will be appreciated.
Thanks,
Dan
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Vista Service pack 2 won't install
Hey, anyone have any ideas why SP 2 won't install. It went through the downloading process, restarted the system, and tried to continue the install, ran 2 hours with 0 progress. I restarted in safe mode with network support to try and elliminate the other programs that start up from interfering with the install. It did run untill it said 100%, then came up with a message that windows did not update and the system was reverting to the previous setup! Any ideas would be appreciated! Hello JJ, Copied яesponse from Robear Dyer Free unlimited installation and compat...

Updating a SQL database using Excel 2007
Hello, I have created a pivot table in Excel using the data from a SQL 2005 database. Is it possible to make changes to the data and save it back to the SQL database? Thanks David I know you can do this in Access depending on your connection settings. I would be curious to find out if it can be done in Excel also. Is there a resource where I can find more info on creating a pivot table in Excel using SQL data? The excel help doesn't tell me what I want to know. If there is an existing pivot table how can I tell the data source? I know it is external data and suspect it is ...

Using a cell to determine a value in a database query.
Hi folks, I've run into a problem recently - maybe there's no good answer, then again perhaps you can help me come to one. I have a spreadsheet on which There are three entry fields: start date end date store number I've managed to map start date to [startdate] in a query and end date to [enddate] - that seems to work fine. The problem I'm running into now has to do with the store number field. In the database, store number is a 4 character field, as of now the numbers of the store are like 01,02,03,04..HQ,RO. When I try to map store number to [storenum] in the query, I ...

outlook wants to install every time
OK, here is the deal: I installed office costumized, Run All From My Computer, and configured Outlook by pointing to the exchange server. Works fine. I restart the pc and logon with a different username and start Outlook. Now Outlook asks for the CD! Why? I previously said "Run all from my computer". As this pc will be used by many people who have no local administrator rights I do not want to spend time on giving them those rights and handing them the cd. Please tell me what I can do (during installation?) to prevent outlook from ever asking for the CD again, when a new user wants ...

Diagnosing horrible performance on Server 2003 Installation
I'm running a medium-sized website hosted on a virtual server running Windows Server 2003 Web Edition. In the past few months, performance *really* gone downhill. At first I blamed this on certain embedded ASP code (not all affected pages used it, but I suspected it could still be hurting them if it was inflating memory usage). But performance is still horrible after a fresh reboot when memory usage is low (it typically increases until levelling out at about 270-330MB). And turning ASP processing off on those pages doesn't help much either. Where should I start when trying...

Money 2007 fails install on Vista RTM
Howdy! I would love some advice on this. On Friday I tried to reinstall Money 2007 on my freshly built Vista RTM machine, and the installation fails. Tried about 8 times.. always fails about 98% of the way through the install, and this is after a warning screen at initial install launch saying that this application has known issues. The bummer is that I had 2007 running on my machine on the Vista beta's but the key there was likely that I installed 2007 on XP and the vista's were upgrades. Any hope, any suggestions? I *need* to get this running as I am now daily dependant o...

Solved Problem
Solved Problem - dotnefx Net Framework 2.0 3.5 not installing in WinXP the solution is just install this hotfix (its actually a hotfix for .msi installer - but it solves the problem anyhow !!!) ---> WindowsXP-KB942288-v3-x86.exe <--- Windows Installer 4.5 Redistributable which can be found here : http://www.microsoft.com/downloadS/details.aspx?familyid=5A58B56F-60B6-4412-95B9-54D056D6F9F4&displaylang=en#QuickInfoContainer i was experiencing the same trouble trying to update my Windows Xp Pro SP3 (this works for SP2 also as far as i know) which gave me all kinds of ...

Database Repair Help
I created an Access database in Access 2000 and share it on a WNT4.0 server. Several intermittent times a day the database requires rebuilding when you attempt to open it on one of several workstations. Some of the workstations have Access 2000 and some have Access 2003. No more than 7 users are on the database simultaneously and usually lesss than 4. If you have the file open on your computer prior to the need repair dialog box popping up on one of the other workstations you can still use the database and your data will be saved but no new users can open the file until it is closed on ...

Access Databases, MFC and VS2005
Okay. I'm going to try and ask this as succinctly as possible. When using an Access database in my apps, I've had to derive a recordset for each table. Before you laugh, consider that there are all of 3 tables in each, and each of those has less than 20 columns. My preferred way of using this techniques is to use the wizard to create a class derived from CRecordset and indicate the desired table in the dialogs. It works well but it's a lot of code, particularly if I want to do anything relational between tables. I have read and re re re read the MS docs, but I cannot seem to ...

install 64bits XP
Hi, When I try to install 64bits XP boot from disc, the desktop reboot again just I press a key upon message " press any key to boot from CD". My mb and CPU both support 64bits O/S. Any idea ? thanks Hi, self created cd ? (slipstream or else) -> bootrecord not correctly setup jk If the machine is rebooting part way through the installation you should ignore the message. The only time you should boot from the CD is when you are starting the installation. The message is sent by the BIOS when it recognises the presence of a bootable disk. On 14/1...

Use Form Modules from exterior database
I have a database MyDb that have a reference with MyLibrary.mda. MyDb contains a form MyForm MyLibrary.mda contains a form MyDialogForm that have a form module form_MyDialogForm If I compile the following code in MyForm: Private WithEvents dlg As MyLibrary.form_MyDialogForm I receive an error:< User-defined type not defined> How can I do to use form_MyDialogForm from an exterior database? Thank you ...

Installation Issues
I just got a new computer and I'm trying to use the second of my three installations of 2004 office:mac student and teacher edition. It keeps saying i've installed a test-drive version and it won't prompt me for any product keys nor can i find anyplace to enter them in. how do i register this product? i've already purchased the product so i don't understand why i can't use it. A test drive came pre-installed on your computer. Look in the Applications folder. This message is actually good, because you WANT to remove that test drive before installing Office, else yo...

Money 02 Installation
I just installed XP Pro and want to install Money 2002. It says I need Serive Pack 5 on the box under System Requirements. Do I really need it to install and run this application properly? Many thanks. Service Pack 5 to what? I think you mean it says it needs IE5. IE6 will do. IE4 won't run on XP. "EL" <laolaptak@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:10de01c378c5$dac7e650$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I just installed XP Pro and want to install Money 2002. > It says I need Serive Pack 5 on the box under System > Requirements. Do I really need it to install and run &...

CRM Install Guide
I am looking to setup a test server for CRM. Where can I download installation guides and best practices etc? Thanks. if you have the CD's then the implementation guide on the documentation cd has everything you need to complete an install. Just make sure you follow it exactly. no taking shortcuts :-) -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx "Bill Sheehan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0bc901c498a6$567e5710$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I am looking to setup a test server...

database model diagram
Is it possible to see wich fields are used in a relationship. I don't want to select a relationship but I want to see it directly. Thanx, Joep Admiraal Probably best to show the names of the relationship, having named them sensibly first... "admiraal" <joep@mercash.nl> wrote in message news:4083c638$0$121$3a628fcd@reader3.nntp.hccnet.nl... > Is it possible to see wich fields are used in a relationship. > I don't want to select a relationship but I want to see it directly. > > Thanx, > Joep Admiraal > > ...

SP3 Install Error #2
I have a problem installing V10 SP3 which has the following error when upgrading a company: ERROR [Microsoft][SQL Native Client][SQL Server]An explicit value for the identity column in table 'SVC00950' can only be specified when a column list is used and IDENTITY_INSERT is ON. I have tried it with and without the Native driver. How did our system get out of sync with the updates? GP is running on Srv2008 64bit and SQL2008, same machine in a test environment. Any help is much appreciated. Steve Steve, First, Check if you have Field Service registered. If not, You can run...

Database #2
Please, I exclude a lot of message storage in my Exchange Private Database, near 4 GB. I made an online and offline desfragmenter procidure, but my priv.edb file stay with the same size, only priv.stm decrese a few MB. Please, what I can do to compact my Exchange Privat Database. Tanks, Luis http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Defragmenting-Exchange-Database.html But really, 4 GB is nothing for an exchange database. "Luis Buratto" <LuisBuratto@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF36663B-9470-4202-8274-264479704B71@microsoft.com... > Please, >...

How to install a program on a Acer Aspire One
Hello I got the Acer Aspire One netbook computer. It does not have a CD reader. I would like to install the following program: Microsoft Office Standard Edition 2003 for students and teachers. I already have the program installed om my first computer. Microsoft in Sweden said that I was allowed to use the program on 3 computers so I want it in the Acer also. I have bought the program properly and I have the product key as well as the installation cd:s. I was hoping to find some homepage to download the program in exchange for my product key or something. 1. Doesn´t it ...

install Office Assistant character file?
I get the message "There are no Office Assistant character files present on the system. Please run Setup in the maintenance mode and istall at least one character" Don't know what to do. How do I get into the maintenace mode? Does Setup appear? What character should I install? Please advise. Thank you, William (Bill) Camp The information in this post by Office MVP Beth Melton may help you: http://groups.google.ca/groups?&threadm=%23vKbLA91EHA.2572%40tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl billcamp wrote: > I get the message "There are no Office Assistant character files present...

Setup was unable to grant access to the Microsoft CRM databases 10-07-04
I keep getting this message when installing MS CRM 1.2. Anyone else had this issue? ------=_NextPart_0001_31256612 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Brian, This error can mean a few different things. Below are a couple of KB articles that discuss the error message: https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;861915 https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;870105 Thank you, Tami J. Lemar Microsoft Business Solutions Support This posting is provided �AS IS� with no warranties, and confers no rights. ------...

New SBS 2008 install problems
ok, I might be late to the game but this is my first SBS 2008 install in a production environment for a customer. The setup is one SBS2008 box and 4 Windows 7 pro PCs. The http://connect wizard has two problems: Doesn't see a local account to migrate over If you continue anyway then it fails after the first reboot complaining about an incorrect password for the _sbs... setup account. Anyone seen this ? Thanks Simon Simon wrote: > ok, I might be late to the game but this is my first SBS 2008 install in > a production environment for a customer. > > T...

Impact of changing database column width?
Hi, We are a software product company and are planning to begin using the Contract Administration module. To do so, we will be switching our inventory items from Track: None to Track: Serial Numbers and we will be storing our software license keys in the Serial Number field which is column SERLTNUM in table SOP10201. Unfortunately, SERLTNUM is CHAR(21) and our license keys are a few characters wider than 21. We can get the keys down to 21 characters by removing three embedded hyphens, but there are several databases outside of GP where the license keys must still exist with...

Preparing to Install #2
Suddenly, whenever I am attempting to use Money 2002 and I start the program, an "install" window pops up and says, "Preparing to install Windows 2002...". I close the box and the program won't start. I reinstalled the whole program. The first time it worked. The second time, the same install window appeared. It will close the program while I'm in it also. In addition, when I attempt to start Internet Explorer, I get a window that pops up saying, "Preparing to Install Windows XP...", or one that says, "Prparing to install Windows Office...

Convert to 97 Access Database
Hi Everyone, Have a quick question, I'm using MS Access 2007, not fully up to speed with it yet. In Access 2003 - you had an option to convert a database to a 97 Access DB >>Tools >>>>Convert Database >>>>>>Convert to 97 Access Database But I am unable to find this option in Access 2007? Any help, much appreciated Thanks Paul The option wasn't included in Access 2007. Remember that Access 97 is ten years older than Access 2007: is it realistic to expect a product to work with a 10 years old of the same product? -- Doug Steele, Microsoft ...

Installer Error
Hi, when I tried to Installer Windows Intaller CleanUp Utitiy there is massage display (the Windows Installer service could not be accessed. This Can occur if you are running windows in Safe mode, or if the windows installer is not correctly installed. Contact your Support personnel for assistance. and please note that i Loge Administrator in My PC bit still I don't How I solve this Problem?? and what is the mean (you are running Windows in safe mode)?? thank very much for Help. regrad, Salem "Salem" wrote: > Hi, > > when I tried to...