A2007 SP2 sending pdf attachment to email comes out portrait

I have an app that uses an event procedure to send a report in pdf
format via email. It's a simple command, works perfectly most of the
time. Every 50 or so times, various users, it ends up generating the
report in Portrait format instead of landscape. No rhyme or reason.
Sender will execute the app 5 times, then on the sixt time, it turns
up portrait, then send it again and it turns up landscape as it
should.

What is happening here?
0
JimfromIndy
3/29/2010 7:27:52 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

"JimfromIndy" <jim.shaffer@gmail.com> a �crit dans le message de groupe de
discussion :
5a7f94a8-d164-4564-b063-4b141c677651@z11g2000yqz.googlegroups.com...
> I have an app that uses an event procedure to send a report in pdf
> format via email. It's a simple command, works perfectly most of the
> time. Every 50 or so times, various users, it ends up generating the
> report in Portrait format instead of landscape. No rhyme or reason.
> Sender will execute the app 5 times, then on the sixt time, it turns
> up portrait, then send it again and it turns up landscape as it
> should.
>
> What is happening here?

0
jean
3/29/2010 7:37:07 PM

"JimfromIndy" <jim.shaffer@gmail.com> a �crit dans le message de groupe de
discussion :
5a7f94a8-d164-4564-b063-4b141c677651@z11g2000yqz.googlegroups.com...
> I have an app that uses an event procedure to send a report in pdf
> format via email. It's a simple command, works perfectly most of the
> time. Every 50 or so times, various users, it ends up generating the
> report in Portrait format instead of landscape. No rhyme or reason.
> Sender will execute the app 5 times, then on the sixt time, it turns
> up portrait, then send it again and it turns up landscape as it
> should.
>
> What is happening here?

0
jean

Don't Want Email Addresses Hyperlinked
Using Excel 2002... Is there any way to have the email address I have in my worksheet remain as simple text? (They typically are blue and want to be "mailtos.") thnx Menu Insert|Hyperlink... Click the Remove Hyperlink button. HTH Kostis Vezerides Tools / AutoCorrect Options.... "Autoformat as you type" tab, uncheck "internet and network paths with hyperlinks" HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "phil6666" <phil6666@adelphia.net> wrote in message news:2tn6o194usnq8dtdr7g7nfciv2pd68ccrc@4ax.com... > Using Excel 2002... > > Is there any ...

file send to as attachment outlook 2007
When using in word or excel command "send a copy of the document in an e-mail message as an attachment", outlook creats a new e-mail message with the document attached as it should be done. Then I add text in message body, and send the mail. It arrives only with the attachment. The text in message body disappears. This happens only if I work in outlook chache mode. My os is winXp Pro, and my server is SBS 2003. It used to work correct, until somthing happened. Any idea to solve? Thank you Zipi ...

Cannot send from Windows shortcut or Acrobat
Using Office/Outlook 2003, winxp sp1. Ever since I installed Office 2003 (and I use Outlook 2003 with pop3 email accounts from my website hosting provider), I can't right click a file and "Send To a Mail Recipient" anymore. Nothing happens. I get the same problem in Acrobat 6.0 Professional. It won't let me send a pdf file when viewing it from the file menu like it use to. In both cases, I use to have these capabilities when office xp, or even office 2000 was installed. Any ideas? Thanks! ...

emailing pictures.
what do i change my email settings to so that may send pictures (attachments)??? Version of Outlook? "confused" wrote: > what do i change my email settings to so that may send pictures > (attachments)??? 2003 (so sorry for the delayed response, i turned off my pc, b/c i was so irritated, all other help areas were just as confusing) "Mary" wrote: > Version of Outlook? > > "confused" wrote: > > > what do i change my email settings to so that may send pictures > > (attachments)??? If you are trying to use the Web toolbar to ...

Email Help: Sending Outlook email from Excel VBA
Hi All, How do I select a specific property in outlook while sending email from excel? There is an option we can set in outlook outgoing emails call "Voting buttons" in that feature there is a custom option that we can select called "Have replies sent to" its a checkbox. I want it checked when i send an email from excel. Hope i made it clear. Thanks in advance If sending through the Outlook Object Model, use the MailItem.VotingOptions property and MailItem.ReplyRecipients collection. -- Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP) http://www.dimastr.com/ OutlookSp...

Download email #2
How to download email from Microsoft exchange 2000 to Outlook Express?? without leave a copy at Exchange server. Outlook Express cannot download mail from Exchange. Why are you trying to do so without leaving a copy of the mail on Exchange? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Edi asked: | How to download email from Microsoft exchange 2000 to | Outlook E...

How do I export email addresses from excel to outlook?
I am trying to do a mail merge using email via outlook. I have 200+ addresses and I'd like to know how to import the addresses into the contacts section of outlook to do the merge from there. I've tried the help part of out look but it comes up saying that the excel file has no named ranges and that I should use excel to name the range of data to be imported. Any help much appreciated. Thanks Mark In outlook select file/import export/ import from another program or file/ and then follow the instructions from the wizard. Why do you want to do the mailmerge from Outlook? You can...

Send message issue
Can SendMessage can be used to send a message from document to a window which is subclassed I am proceesing some work (function) in the document and after the work is finsihed I need to send a message that the connection is established to the control and control starts downloading the data from document. thanks Tom > Can SendMessage can be used to send a message from document to a window > which is subclassed Yes. You can use SendMessage from anywhere as long as you are sending it to a window. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com Hi Ajay, this is how I am sending it ...

emailing spreadsheet
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Every time I email a spreadsheet as an attachment the recipient cannot open it. I have tried copy and pasting it onto a word doc but apparrently it still doesn't open. What am I doin wrong It's hard to be sure because you don't indicate what *does* happen when the recipient tries to open it, whether these are Mac or Windows users, nor do you disclose any details pertaining to the email specs you or the recipients are using. You may be doing nothing wrong at all. It could be a problem with your ...

Problems with Using Word as Email Editor
We use Hummingbird DM 5.1.0.5 for our document and record management. When using this program, it has a problem with Outlook using Word as an Email Editor. When this is turned on, it seems that Outlook opens a different instance of Word. When you try to open or create a word document, you lose the ability to save or print. These features return to normal when you uncheck Word as an Email Editor in Outlook. I have heard that Microsoft was taking this up with Hummingbird to have them fix it. I am just wondering if this was to be resolved, or if it is Hummingbird's problem to ...

Email header in Entourage in Spanish/Italian or Portuguese instead of English
I'm using Entourage 2004 on a ppc mac; OS 10.4.8 is setup in American English, Keyboard is in American English; only my regional settings are for Vancouver, Canada. I was surprised to see the other day that the header of each email I have receive since installing entourage is in a romance language; either Spanish, Italian or Portuguese. I have the latest update for Office 2004. Any tips on how to change that would be appreciated. Regards, Mihai ...

Sending from multiple accounts
This has been asked before but there doesn't appear to be an answer, so I thought I would try to keep this alive. I have multiple accounts in Outlook. They all send through the same SMTP server (this problem goes away when multiple SMTP servers are involved). All my outbound e-mail is now going out under the default account name, regardless of the account selected. There is no authentication on my SMTP server, so that option won't work. Has anyone found a solution for this yet? ...

Replies with attachments
When I reply to an email I cannot find the setting that allows the file to stay attached. The only success I have is to forward the email to the same person. I would like to keep files attached when I reply to something. What setting am I missing? And I ask myself why did I post this in the Excel group and not Outlook? Sorry. "jaxstraww" wrote: > When I reply to an email I cannot find the setting that allows the file to > stay attached. The only success I have is to forward the email to the same > person. I would like to keep files attached when I reply to something....

Outlook 2003 attachement not opened
Hi, I've just installed Outlook 2003 and I have this problem: a friend sent = me an e-mail containing an attached e-mail message (signed, if it = matters), and Outlook wouldn't open it saying "An error occured in the = underlying security system". How can I open that file? Note that that file has a ZIP file attached, = so this could be the problem. Thanks in advance, Radu ...

Email naming standards
I'd like to take a survey of email address naming standards and which ones you use. I've looking online for a "naming conventions" FAQ but had very little luck. At my company, it's currently lastnamefirstinitial@company.com, or smithj@company.com. I would like to lobby to change it simply because it's so out of step with the rest of the world. The way I see it, when it's jsmith@company.com there's a logical progression from left to right. We are changing the company name (and domain name), so the way I see it this is the perfect time to do it. Opinions? ...

How to make Outllok Express the default email
When I click to send an Excel worksheet, the default is through Microsoft Outlook. How do I make it send through Outlook Express (not as an attachment)? TIA. Mike To set in Outlook Express as default email you have tp do it through Internet Explorer. In Internet Explorer select Tools:InternetOptions the Programs tab and select Outlook Express for the Email section. When you use File:SendTo in excel do not use the as attachment option option --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Thanks for the quick reply; but still not sending by Outlook Express. Mike "dcronje &g...

Edit documents whilst attached to notes
Having attached a word document to a Note (say, connected to a scheduled meeting), I would like to be able to subsequently edit this document. It is possible to open this document in word by right-click, open in new window. But changes are not saved to the original. Having created a document for a meeting and attached it, I would love to be able to modify it "live". -- Mike Bristol, UK CRM user ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" bu...

Copying email to other people
I have a situation where the owner of a company wants to be copied on email that goes to one of their employees. I can set up a rule in the employee's Outlook to forward mail, but they will be ableto see that it is being copied. Is there a way at the server level to have the incoming mail to someone get copied automatically to another mailbox without the first person's knowledge? I hope this is clear. Thanks! Hi you could set a journal mailbox per mailbox store in Exchange 2003 and in Exchange 2007 you could set a transport rule Henry "mrecomm101" wrote: > I ha...

Adding attachments to msg-files
I have a big problem regarding editing of MSG-files. This is what I do: 1. Open a MSG-file from Windows Explorer 2. Add an attachment (i.e a Word-document) to the email. 3. Save and close the email. When I re-open the MSG-file the attachment is missing! Instead Outlook has created a copy of the email in my inbox(!), and that copy contains the attachment. This has been tested with different mail-formats (HTML, Plain Text and RTF), and with Outlook 2000 and Outlook 2003 with the same result. Can anyone explain this behavior? I would call this a bug in Outlook, since changes you believe you ar...

workflow send email template to both case contact and account
I am in a desperate search to find a solution for creating a workflow that sends an automated email notification upon Case open to both the contact that submitted the case and parent account's primary contact/email. It seems that i can only do this manually, or send to one or the other but not both. Any suggestions from another service provider that has tackled this issue? Perhaps I am not seeing a logical approach that already exists. thanks, Austin ...

email spell check right mouse problem
Using Outlook 2003 with Word 2003 as the email editor. Sometimes When a word is misspelled and gets highlighted with the red wavy underline if I right click over it the menu choices are for Signature items like Primary and Secondary. Sometimes it the spelling options are listed. So far I have not been able to determine what circumstances determine which menu will be activated. For my part I dont need to see the signature options and if I did I would put the mouse over the signature. Is there correction for this or a work around this problem? It sounds like you are typing in the signatur...

List all users with Send AS rights
Hello All, I need to find a utility or script that will show all users who have the Send AS right enabled. I have looked at the script in Microsoft KB Article 912918 and it list all users who have full mailbox rights but do not have Send AS rights. What I need is to list only the users who do have Send AS rights. Is there anyhting that will tell me who has Send AS rights? -- RS MCSE, MCP +I MCP See if this helps. Auditing Send-as and Receive As rights via script http://gsexdev.blogspot.com/2005/12/auditing-send-as-and-receive-as-rights.html James Chong Rschraeger wrote: > Hel...

how can I get outlook to set up my email accounts and have the se.
I keep getting error messages that the email server would not allow access, then the message now says that the email address line in outlook may be wrong, but I have checked it several times, and it is correct. It acts as though my previous attempts have somehow not been erased from the memory of the program. cjseals3 wrote: > I keep getting error messages that the email server would not allow > access, then the message now says that the email address line in > outlook may be wrong, but I have checked it several times, and it is > correct. It acts as though my previous attem...

Outlook 2003 email
When I try to open an attachment(in this case a "Word" document I get the following message "The system cannot find the file specified". Before I could double click and the attachment would open in my "Word Program". HELP!!! ...

To Get PC's Information And Send To Excel
Hello all, I would like to have a script to collect all information about some window xp PC's. I need this script to call from a list I have in a text file. I need the Version, SN, Manufacturer, Model and System Type. Can anyone help me? "Drew" <Drew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:88883F79-E3B7-4D60-9C7B-0BDC75E83DBB@microsoft.com... > Hello all, > > I would like to have a script to collect all information about some window > xp PC's. I need this script to call from a list I have in a text file. I > need > the Ve...