a document has gone in compatibility mode how do I get it back

I lost a couple of documents that I had saved and was changing the saved
title and as I have said the document has gone into compatibility and I cant
get it back.
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Linked graphics into a Publisher 2000 document
I have a 400KB document (withgout graphics). I insert two JPEG images each around 200KB into the document. I figure the resulting document should be around 700KB. Result? An 11MB file. I delete the images (document is now 400KB) and instead insert the images using the "Link to File" option. Graphics Manager confirms that the images are linbked into the file. The size should not be more than 500KB. Result? An 11MB file. Question is how can I insert images into a Publisher 2000 documentr without the file blowing up? And why does it blow up? Regards, Richard. Richard wrot...

Backing Up Outlook Express Emails
Does anyone know how to back up email's in Outlook Express? Backup your dbx-files For more assistance ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer Good Luck! -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Cindy" <anonymous@discussion...

Front End Exchange 2003 OWA for a Back end 2000
Hey everybody, At the minute we're in the process of upgrading our 30 odd servers to Windows Server 2003. The Domain Controllers are still running Windows 2000. My question is : Can I install an Exchange 2003 OWA on a Windows Server 2003 to connect to an Exchange 2000 Server in a Windows 2000 Domain (Native Mode) Do I have to upgrade the whole domain first ? What about notions of Front End / Back End ? We would like to do this to benefit from the new OWA (As it's sooooo cool :)) Thanks for your replies, Mike You can use an E2K3 FE to connecto to an E2K BE, but you only get OW...

Creating a Microsoft Words document from an existing Excel spreads
Hi all, I need your kind guidance on how to create a new microsoft words document using an existing excel spreadsheet? At present, I have an excel spreadsheet, say "data.xls" containing data for example 6 fields such as COMPANY NAME, DATE, ITEM1, ITEM2, ITEM,3 & QUOTATION TOTAL. Under these 6 fields are some records of my customers. COMPANY NM DATE ITEM1 ITEM2 ITEM3 QUOTATION TTL ---------------- ------- -------- ------- -------- ------------------- ABC Limited 3 Apr xxxxx xxxxx ...

Get at messages in queue
Is it possible to get at the undeliverable messages that are held in a queue (eg to check the message body or redirect undeliverable messages). I would like to be able to selectively forward them to an alternate email address or to archive them to a PST etc rather than just deleting them? Thanks Alan ...

How to get XML data out of an XML file

How to get paper size from dmPaperSize returned from GetDevMode?
For example, dmPaperSize returns 1 which is DMPAPER_LETTER, how do I calculate the paper size like in this case 8.5"x11"? There are so many paper sizes, is there any function call to calculate based on the return value of dmPaperSize or mapping between the value of dmPapersize and actual size? Thank you. The reason I asked the question was because dmPaperLength and dmPaperWidth are 0 for some printers. Also, my HP laserjet returns as a color printer (dmColor = 2) from GetDevMode call. Anyone knows why? ...

I have a data table that looks like this: Code ------------------- STR-S SNK-S STR-K STR-F SNK-S STR-3 STR-2 STR-F SNK-S SNK-4 SNK-S STR-3 SNK-F STR-4 STR-O ------------------- "STR", etc at the beginning are pitch types, SNK is Sinker for example The end character is the result of the pitch, a 4 would be a home run, 3 a triple, and so forth. O is out, F is foul, S is strike --- you ge it. How can I figure the amount of RBI's? I know that it's 5, but I can' think of any automated way to calculate this, anyone got any ideas? THANK YOU!! :confused -- AVER...

Unable to switch to native mode
I am trying to convert from Mixed to Native mode using the steps in Q272314. Our environment is 4 sites that were upgraded from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2k3 and we have moved all mailboxes, public folders to the new servers. I have followed all the steps in the Q article above and made sure that all recipient CA's were removed. I've removed all the Directory Replication Connectors (except ADNAutoDRC) When I get to the final Step 11 and 12 I get an error that the "SRS is function9ing as the bridgehead for one or more directory replication connectors and cannot be deleted.&qu...

On Amazon.com, Outlook 2007 says "compatible with XP, Vista"..
I have Office Home & Student Edition and want to just buy Outlook online from somewhere like Amazon. It is listed as being compatible with XP and Vista but I recently upgraded to Windows 7. Will it work with Windows 7? Yes, it will work just fine on Win7. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@P...

How do I get text to copy from one cell to another ?
Type = in the target cell. MouseClick the cell containing text. Pres Enter key -- Brian ----------------------------------------------------------------------- BrianB's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=5 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27034 ...

qsrules detect offline mode
anyone know how to detect off line mode with qsrules. Thanks Dave Session.Database.ConnectionIsPrimary R "izeko" <izeko@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2277D126-7040-47E5-9C6D-6DCBD7898381@microsoft.com... > anyone know how to detect off line mode with qsrules. > > Thanks > > Dave Thanks. "RSB" wrote: > Session.Database.ConnectionIsPrimary > > R > > "izeko" <izeko@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message > news:2277D126-7040-47E5-9C6D-6DCBD7898381@microsoft.com... > > anyone know...

Move pages from document to document?

How do I break a large word document into smaller components?
I have a very large Word document (over 40 MB) that I update several times a year. I would like to break it into smaller components so that only the affected component would have to be backed up online. However, I still wish to maintain the ability to create a table of contents and index for the whole document. Is this possible and if so, what is the process to do it. I am using MS Office 2010 beta running MS Windows 7 Home Premium on a 64 bit Dell desktop. Hi RoadRoy, You can simply make multiple copies and delete whatever you don't want from each copy. For the mul...

Can't get rules to run.
I can't get Outlook 2003 rules to run. I am getting my mail from a pop3 account and would like to have new mail sorted to specific folders when it arrives. I set up the rules as I did in previous versions of outlook, but they do not run automatically. I can run the rules manually and they will move the mail. I have this rule (for example Apply this rule after the message arrive from some@email.address and on this machine only move it to the somefolder folde I have tried deselecting on this machine only Thanks. Do you have an Exchange service in this profile? Are you using Cache...

Internet Explorer 7 Compatibility
Does Internet Explorer 7 works well with Windows 7? Antoine wrote: > Does Internet Explorer 7 works well with Windows 7? Did your install of Windows 7 actually have Internet Explorer missing? No, not at all. You cannot install it nor uninstall IE8 to downgrade to 7. Why? Are you having problems with IE8 on Win7? Did you upgrade to Win7 from XP? Probably an incompatible IE Addon that you have brought across from your previous Windows OS. In Win7.... Start>Control Panel>Troubleshooting Regards. "Antoine" <Antoine@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Money 30 Day Money Back Guarantee; instructions.
I tried out Money 2004 Small Business with an idea I might switch from quicken 2003 Home and Business. For a number of reasons that involve primairly invoices and Stock transaction updates, I'm sticking with Quicken. I purchased Money at Staples. At that time I asked the clerk about returning the product and he said I 'd have to deal directly with Microsoft. On the Money box there is a Money-Back 30 Day Guarantee Seal and that's all. No specific instructions as to what to do, where to send etc. If someone has this information please share it or directl me to where I might it...

Unable to add documents to My Recent Documents
Hello, Any suggestions as to how to fix "My Recent Documents"? No new documents add to the folder and it remains persistently empty. I get an "Access denied" message when attempting to go to customizing the Start menu advanced tab. Are you Right-Clicking on the Start Button and then selecting Properties from the list? If you select Properties then You need to select Customize from Start Menu Tab. Then from Advanced Tab you should ensure there is a TICK next to "List my Most Recently Opened Documents". hth Gary V wrote: > > Hello, &g...

comparing numerically two documents
Hi all, I need to compare the text of document A with the text of document B with some Word functionality, plugin or tool that tells me how much the text in the two docs is different. Some kind of reporting feature that tells you something like "The text of document B is X % (percent) different from the text of document A" Is anythig like this available? thanks ...

Getting same number to appear over and again
Hi. I'm trying to change the E's I have entered in a column to 1's. However, in lieu of changing them one by one, I would like to do them all in one fell swoop. Any suggestions? John Hi John You could use find and replace. Select all of your data. Goto Edit>Find Find what:- E Replace with:- 1 HTH Martin John Do NOT multipost. See your answer in Excel group. And do a google search for newsgroup etiquette!! John Do NOT multipost. See your answer in Excel group. And do a google search for newsgroup etiquette!! John Do NOT multipost. See your answer in Excel ...

Why do my questions get deleted sometimes?
Apologies, I have posted this on the worksheet functions group too... I love the feedback I get from these groups, but every now and then, my messages get deleted. I'd like to know what I'm doing wrong. Many of my messages ARE posted and answered, and I'm grateful for that, but one or two get removed - regardless of how often I post them. I don't swear or say anything bad about Excel - I love it. So why don't they get posted are there some words or subjects that I should avoid? Will this one get deleted - it's a bit off subject? But I'd love to have an ans...

Getting right date value
I setup my DTPicker control to be used only as a date control, yet I'm noticing that sometimes it will give back a date AND a time all in the same "value" variable. Since it appears that a variable of type "Date" can give back both a date and time, how can I eliminate the time half of a date value??? I might not be able to exactly control the DTPicker control to give me JUST a date, so I'm just curious what to do if it gives me back both a date & time. thank u Hi, Try this : Dim x as date x = cdate(clng(DTPicker1.value)) &qu...

modify contact address when account address gets modified
Hi, How do I ripple my changes from company level to the related contacts ? For example the main company phone number and the main address ? Do I need a product like Scribe for this, or can this be done with the workflow ? Thanks for any advice Wim You can't do this with workflow, and I don't believe Scribe can do this (though I may be wrong - I've only used Scribe for one project). I would think that you'd need to create a post callout using the SDK. There is more info at http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/CrmSdk1_2/htm/v1d2microsoftcrmversi...