a count field in a query?

Hello,

I have a query in which I would like to create a field which
increments by 1 for each record selected, so if there are 10 records
selected by the query, this column would show numbers 1 to 10.

Ideally I would like to have some text in front of each number, say
invoice1, invoice2 etc.

From a previous posting I realise that this is frowned upon but it
would be the simplest solution for my problem!

How can I do this?

Thanks

Geoff
0
Geoff
12/3/2007 8:54:00 AM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

On Mon, 03 Dec 2007 08:54:00 +0000, Geoff Cox <<>> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I have a query in which I would like to create a field which
>increments by 1 for each record selected, so if there are 10 records
>selected by the query, this column would show numbers 1 to 10.
>
>Ideally I would like to have some text in front of each number, say
>invoice1, invoice2 etc.
>
>From a previous posting I realise that this is frowned upon but it
>would be the simplest solution for my problem!

If you want this for a Report, it's easy: put a textbox on the report with a
control source

=1

and set its Running Sum property to Over Group (or Over All as appropriate).

It's also possible in a query, although less efficient. You do noeed some
field in the query which is strictly in ascending order - an autonumber ID is
one possibility, a datestamp is another. I'll call it Sortfield, you would use
your own fieldname. In a vacant field cell type

=DCount("*", "[yourqueryname]", "[sortfield] <=" & [sortfield])

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John
12/3/2007 7:36:10 PM
On Mon, 03 Dec 2007 12:36:10 -0700, John W. Vinson
<jvinson@STOP_SPAM.WysardOfInfo.com> wrote:

>On Mon, 03 Dec 2007 08:54:00 +0000, Geoff Cox <<>> wrote:
>
>>Hello,
>>
>>I have a query in which I would like to create a field which
>>increments by 1 for each record selected, so if there are 10 records
>>selected by the query, this column would show numbers 1 to 10.
>>
>>Ideally I would like to have some text in front of each number, say
>>invoice1, invoice2 etc.
>>
>>From a previous posting I realise that this is frowned upon but it
>>would be the simplest solution for my problem!
>
>If you want this for a Report, it's easy: put a textbox on the report with a
>control source
>
>=1
>
>and set its Running Sum property to Over Group (or Over All as appropriate).
>
>It's also possible in a query, although less efficient. You do noeed some
>field in the query which is strictly in ascending order - an autonumber ID is
>one possibility, a datestamp is another. I'll call it Sortfield, you would use
>your own fieldname. In a vacant field cell type
>

>             John W. Vinson [MVP]

Thanks John,

I have used

=DCount("*", "[renewal-end-dec-07]", "[ID] <=" & [ID])

and this does give 1 to 13 but a couple of things.

Could you explain how it works and is it possible to introduce some
text so that I get for example,

renewal_number_1 etc?

Cheers

Geoff

0
Geoff
12/3/2007 9:52:01 PM
On Mon, 03 Dec 2007 21:52:01 +0000, Geoff Cox <<>> wrote:

>I have used
>
>=DCount("*", "[renewal-end-dec-07]", "[ID] <=" & [ID])
>
>and this does give 1 to 13 but a couple of things.
>
>Could you explain how it works

The DCount function (like all the Domain functions, DLookUp, DSum, etc.) takes
three arguments. The first is the field to be retrieved. In the special case
of DCount, you can use * to say "count all records, I'm not interested in any
particular field". The second argument is the name of a table or query from
which you wish to retrieve - in this case renewal-end-dec-07.

The third argument is a search criterion which specifies which records to
retrieve. In this case, you have a field named ID in renewal-end-dec-07 that
(I assume) has a different value for each record, and by which you're sorting
the records. The somewhat confusing criterion

"[ID] <=" & [ID]

looks at the ID value in *this current* record, and tells DCount to count up
all the records with an ID less than or equal to that value. For example, if
the current record in the query has ID value 1, it will find just that one
record; if you have ID values 1254 through 1263, and you're looking at the
record with 1263, it will count ten records.

>and is it possible to introduce some
>text so that I get for example, renewal_number_1 etc?

DON'T confuse data PRESENTATION with data CALCULATION.

renewal_number_1 *is not a number*. It *is not a count*. It cannot be the
result of a mathematical calculation!

Just display the text, just like we were discussing in the other thread. The
way (well, one way) to do so is to use the Format property of the control in
which you display this count. If you set the Format property to

"renewal_number_#"

Access will treat the text renewal_number_ as just "wallpaper", displaying
that text string on every record; the # is a valid Format character meaning to
display the value as a number.

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John
12/4/2007 1:04:14 AM
On Mon, 03 Dec 2007 18:04:14 -0700, John W. Vinson
<jvinson@STOP_SPAM.WysardOfInfo.com> wrote:

>the records. The somewhat confusing criterion
>
>"[ID] <=" & [ID]
>
>looks at the ID value in *this current* record, and tells DCount to count up
>all the records with an ID less than or equal to that value. For example, if
>the current record in the query has ID value 1, it will find just that one
>record; if you have ID values 1254 through 1263, and you're looking at the
>record with 1263, it will count ten records.

John,

OK - I understand that now - thanks.

>>and is it possible to introduce some
>>text so that I get for example, renewal_number_1 etc?
>
>DON'T confuse data PRESENTATION with data CALCULATION.
>
>renewal_number_1 *is not a number*. It *is not a count*. It cannot be the
>result of a mathematical calculation!
>
>Just display the text, just like we were discussing in the other thread. The
>way (well, one way) to do so is to use the Format property of the control in
>which you display this count. If you set the Format property to
>
>"renewal_number_#"

this I don't get! at the moment I create the invoice_number field in
the query using

invoice_number: DCount("*","[renewal-end-dec-07]","[ID] <=" & [ID])

and then I am using some mailing software which looks at this query
and sends out an email for each record in the query. At the moment the
emails have the numbers 1 to 13, there being 13 records found by the
query.

 How do I get them to appear as  renewal_number_1 etc? I don't
understand where I use the "renewal_number_#"!

Cheers

Geoff

>Access will treat the text renewal_number_ as just "wallpaper", displaying
>that text string on every record; the # is a valid Format character meaning to
>display the value as a number.
>

>             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
Geoff
12/4/2007 3:36:09 AM
On Tue, 04 Dec 2007 03:36:09 +0000, Geoff Cox <<>> wrote:

>and then I am using some mailing software which looks at this query
>and sends out an email for each record in the query. At the moment the
>emails have the numbers 1 to 13, there being 13 records found by the
>query.

Thanks. You didn't say that, and my telepathy wasn't working correctly. I
thought you wanted to display the value in a Form or Report, rather than
having it in a query datasheet, since that's how data is typically displayed.

> How do I get them to appear as  renewal_number_1 etc? I don't
>understand where I use the "renewal_number_#"!

Change my suggestion, then. In the calculated field type

ExpSeq: "renewal_number_" & DCount("*", <etcetera>)

The & operator concatenates the literal text string "renewal_number_" with the
result of the dcount expression.

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John
12/4/2007 4:16:28 AM
On Mon, 03 Dec 2007 21:16:28 -0700, John W. Vinson
<jvinson@STOP_SPAM.WysardOfInfo.com> wrote:

>On Tue, 04 Dec 2007 03:36:09 +0000, Geoff Cox <<>> wrote:
>
>>and then I am using some mailing software which looks at this query
>>and sends out an email for each record in the query. At the moment the
>>emails have the numbers 1 to 13, there being 13 records found by the
>>query.
>
>Thanks. You didn't say that, and my telepathy wasn't working correctly. I
>thought you wanted to display the value in a Form or Report, rather than
>having it in a query datasheet, since that's how data is typically displayed.
>
>> How do I get them to appear as  renewal_number_1 etc? I don't
>>understand where I use the "renewal_number_#"!
>
>Change my suggestion, then. In the calculated field type
>
>ExpSeq: "renewal_number_" & DCount("*", <etcetera>)
>
>The & operator concatenates the literal text string "renewal_number_" with the
>result of the dcount expression.
>
>             John W. Vinson [MVP]

John,

Got it!!

I had gone to bed then thought I'd better tell you that I had tried
various format options wihout success!

The moral being always state the question clearly!

Many thanks.

Cheers

Geoff

0
Geoff
12/4/2007 4:33:38 AM
On Mon, 03 Dec 2007 21:16:28 -0700, John W. Vinson
<jvinson@STOP_SPAM.WysardOfInfo.com> wrote:

>Change my suggestion, then. In the calculated field type
>
>ExpSeq: "renewal_number_" & DCount("*", <etcetera>)
>
>The & operator concatenates the literal text string "renewal_number_" with the
>result of the dcount expression.
>
>             John W. Vinson [MVP]

John,

Is it possible to get the date involved in this?

ExpSeq: "renewal_number_"&  date  & DCount("*", <etcetera>)

doesn't work.

Ideally I would like to create

renewal_number_dec_07_1, renewal_number_jan_08_1, etc,  then the query
would work OK for each month it is used.

Is this a step too far or does it require VBA code?

Cheers

Geoff

0
Geoff
12/4/2007 4:58:30 AM
On Tue, 04 Dec 2007 04:58:30 +0000, Geoff Cox <<>> wrote:

>ExpSeq: "renewal_number_"&  date  & DCount("*", <etcetera>)
>
>doesn't work.
>
>Ideally I would like to create
>
>renewal_number_dec_07_1, renewal_number_jan_08_1, etc,  then the query
>would work OK for each month it is used.
>
>Is this a step too far or does it require VBA code?
>
>Cheers

"renewal_number_" & Format(Date(), "mmm-yy") & "_" & DCount(...

will put the current date's month and year in the string. Replace Date() with
the name of a date/time field in your table to get that date. Is 08 the year
or the day? You can use yy for the year, dd for the day in the Format()
function call.

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John
12/4/2007 7:03:47 AM
On Tue, 04 Dec 2007 00:03:47 -0700, John W. Vinson
<jvinson@STOP_SPAM.WysardOfInfo.com> wrote:

>On Tue, 04 Dec 2007 04:58:30 +0000, Geoff Cox <<>> wrote:
>
>>ExpSeq: "renewal_number_"&  date  & DCount("*", <etcetera>)
>>
>>doesn't work.
>>
>>Ideally I would like to create
>>
>>renewal_number_dec_07_1, renewal_number_jan_08_1, etc,  then the query
>>would work OK for each month it is used.
>>
>>Is this a step too far or does it require VBA code?
>>
>>Cheers
>
>"renewal_number_" & Format(Date(), "mmm-yy") & "_" & DCount(...
>
>will put the current date's month and year in the string. Replace Date() with
>the name of a date/time field in your table to get that date. Is 08 the year
>or the day? You can use yy for the year, dd for the day in the Format()
>function call.
>
>             John W. Vinson [MVP]

John,

Fine! Thanks yet again. Yes 08 was the year.

I just wonder where I might find this level of information re the use
of, for example,  DCount, apart from taking up your time?!

I have just bought the Access 2003 Bible, all 1362 pages, but even it
doesn't go beyond a brief bit about DCount.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

Geoff
0
Geoff
12/4/2007 9:00:35 AM
On Tue, 04 Dec 2007 09:00:35 +0000, Geoff Cox <<>> wrote:

>I just wonder where I might find this level of information re the use
>of, for example,  DCount, apart from taking up your time?!
>
>I have just bought the Access 2003 Bible, all 1362 pages, but even it
>doesn't go beyond a brief bit about DCount.
>
>Any suggestions?

Open the VBA editor (for example by pressing Ctrl-G).
Press the F1 key or select Help.
Search for the name of the function you want to learn about.
If need be, press the "related issues" link.

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John
12/4/2007 5:57:23 PM
Geoff Cox < wrote:

> I just wonder where I might find this level of information re the use
> of, for example,  DCount, apart from taking up your time?!
>
> I have just bought the Access 2003 Bible, all 1362 pages, but even it
> doesn't go beyond a brief bit about DCount.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Cheers
>
> Geoff

Are there any discernable differences between:

DLookup("Count(*)", "tblShippers", "SID >= 1000")
DCount("*", "tblShippers", "SID >= 1000")

DLookup("Sum([InvoiceAmount])", "tblShippers")
DSum("[InvoiceAmount]", "tblShippers")

DLookup("Max([InvoiceAmount])", "tblShippers")
DMax("[InvoiceAmount]", "tblShippers")

DLookup("Min([InvoiceAmount])", "tblShippers")
DMin("[InvoiceAmount]", "tblShippers")

DLookup("Avg([InvoiceAmount])", "tblShippers")
DAvg("[InvoiceAmount]", "tblShippers")

DLookup("First([InvoiceAmount])", "tblShippers")
DFirst("[InvoiceAmount]", "tblShippers")

DLookup("Last([InvoiceAmount])", "tblShippers")
DLast("[InvoiceAmount]", "tblShippers")

DLookup("StDev([InvoiceAmount])", "tblShippers")
DStDev("[InvoiceAmount]", "tblShippers")

DLookup("StDevP([InvoiceAmount])", "tblShippers")
DStDevP("[InvoiceAmount]", "tblShippers")

DLookup("Var([InvoiceAmount])", "tblShippers")
DVar("[InvoiceAmount]", "tblShippers")

DLookup("VarP([InvoiceAmount])", "tblShippers")
DVarP("[InvoiceAmount]", "tblShippers")

?

If not, then the information about DLookup is enough.  Unless, of
course, the book doesn't cover DLookup :-).

James A. Fortune
MPAPoster@FortuneJames.com
0
James

Public folder unread message count
Hi There ! Is it possible to get subj. on public folders (inbox alike) where the unread message count is pr. user based ? With Kind Reguards Kim On Wed, 21 Jun 2006 07:25:01 -0700, Kim (KBData) <KimKBData@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi There ! > >Is it possible to get subj. on public folders (inbox alike) where the unread >message count is pr. user based ? > >With Kind Reguards > >Kim huh? Kim, If you are running Exchange 2k3 you can change this setting on the General tab of the Public folder in question. If you are running Exchange 2k let me ...

Parameter query in Access 2003 report
I want to create a parameter query that asks the user to select one, many, or all values from a field when opening a report. I would like the selection to be available from a list, radio box, or pull down menu to minimize spelling errors, etc. Unfortunately the list is of names which number about 100. Can this be done? If so, could someone please point me to the help pages that describe this process? My solution seems clunky but it is the only way I can see how to do it. Any suggestions as to how else might I best approach this? Thanks in advance Debbie See my sample database that shows ...

a count field in a query?

VBA to count periods in a single cell
I am looking to count the number of periods within a single cell using vba. For instance if I have 4 cells that contain the following: 5M09-0000700.01.10 5M09-0000700.01.10.10 5M09-0000700.01.10.10.10 5M09-0000700.01.10.10.20 Thus the output of the code for the first cell should be '2', the second cell output would be '3', and the third/fourht cells would be '4' because that many period characters were encountered. Data within these cells will contain letters, numbers, periods, a few spaces and the "-" dash symbol. Any help is greatly appre...

Plotting results of survey fields
I have a spreadsheet that measures various aspects of particular features (i.e. usability, age of application, etc) as noted in the chart sample below Ease of Feature Use Flexibility A 1 4 B 2 2 C 3 5 D 5 5 E 1 1 I want to compare my results in a matrix that allows those features ranking low (1,1) to be plotted on the lower left of the chart and those ranking high (5,5) in the upper right, with values in between. I have tried to do this as a scatter diagram, but am having difficulty getting the results to plot correctly. Also, I need to separate those entries ha...

CRM customization query
Hi, I have a customization query, I want to see the number of records available before I am getting the data for reports. I need this because, I want to generate a report by applying some filter criteria but at the same time I want the resultant record number below a specific limit. On the advance find, after I am applying the filters we get hte resultant data by clicking on the Find button. This takes us to the page where we can see the data. Now I want to add a new button on the Advance find screen on click of which I can get the record count of the result set for the filter i have ...

Entering the same value into two table fields at the same time
Say that there is a table which has 2 fields (A, B) There is a form [Form1] (data entry type) to enter data for A by `TextBoxA`. There is also one more `TextBoxB` which is Not Visible. My target is to record the value of (entered thtough `TextBoxA`) into B field of the table as well. So I write down a code "Before Insert" of the Form1 that: " Form_Form1.TextBoxB = Form_Form1.TextBoxA " It is not recording A values into the field B... Where am I wrong? Can you help me please? Sory !!! When I write down the same code into `OnExit` of TextBoxA, it is working...!! yes, ...

including dblink in a query to retrieve data
I connect to a table using a db link i want to execute an spl query and populate results in to a pivo table. My MS Query does not allow me to use a dblink and connect to th table. Please help -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Counting highlighted cells?
Is there a way to count cells in a column which have been highlighted or text that has been italicised??. As i have a column full of dates, and when something is completed the suggested date is changed to the actual date, highlighted and italicised. I need to keep a count on the completed dates. Check out http://cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm In article <BC6F544F-DF88-41A8-8F15-5A8D460F73FE@microsoft.com>, "Josh - Westfield Australia" <Josh - Westfield Australia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there a way to count cells in a column which have been ...

Change Legend Entry label of "Total" to actual name of field.
I have two pivot charts. One has multiple criteria and when I create a pivot chart, each series field breaks out properly using the names provided in the multiple criteria given. Now, the issue is when I have a single (one) field name, the chart automatically has the legend entry of "Total" since I am using the 'sum of' option. I've manually changed the name of the field in the pivot table, but the label on the chart remains the same. I've go so far as to read several tips on going to the source data to change this but of course when working with pivot tables, you ca...

Database degrag query
Hi , I am using exchange 2003 with SP1. I have calculated the total size of mailboxes , it is total 30 GB. But the size if edb file is 50 GB and stm file is 25 GB . I have defraged the database offline so that it will purge the white space if there is any. but after defrag no difference in size of the database. it is still 50gb edb and 25 gb stm file. can anuone explain if i have only 30gb total mailbox size then why it is taking so much space. there is no rules and othere things define. Waiting for your help. Regards, Abhi. On 25 Oct 2004 20:45:43 -0700, pandeyabhishek2000@yahoo.com (abhi...

Union Query with division
Hello, it would like to join two tables, Table1 and Table2, however when joining table2 the items listed in that table need to be divided by 2. I normally do this division in a query then join that query to the union query with table1. I wonder if I can accomplish the same thing directly from the union query only. Also, is there a way to rename a customer ID with the same query? (See Customer 9 as example, changing to Customer 15) Example: Table1: [Customer] [Hours] Customer 1 10 Customer 3 5 Table2: [Customer] [Hours] Customer 9 ...

Query to count between list of number (Predicting Start/End that may occur in data range)
Hi, I have a below list of numbers. 566667 566668 566669 566665 566666 566671 566672 566680 I want a query that would return a count between start and end of range. Like Start End Quantity 566665 566669 5 566671 566672 2 566680 566680 1 Thank you. On 2 apr, 07:17, Angela <ims...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I have a below list of numbers. > > 566667 > 566668 > 566669 > 566665 > 566666 > 566671 > 566672 > 566680 > > I want a query that would return a coun...

conditional "business required" field
I have 2 fields, A and B Depending on picklist selection from field A, I want field B to be "business required" or not. Is this done with onchange Jscript on field A? What are the CRM events controlling "business required". Is there a list of all CRM supported events? Thanks Paul Yes, you should use onchange event of FieldA. Use "crmForm.SetFieldReqLevel('field_schema_name', true);" to make it Required, or put 'false' for the second parameter to remove requirment. Note that the function SetFieldReqLevel is unsupported. The list of all ...

"ghost or blank" messages with date field of "none".....help?
using the ESEUTIL utility, we recently had to rebuild our message store because of a corrupted restore attempt. everything restored nicely...execpt now we have some users that have what seems to be blank messages. when outlook is opened, and messages are listed in the inbox or deleted items folder, these messages are blank except for the word "none" in the date field. they can not be accessed nor deleted. any ideas on how to resolve this issue?? thanks! On 26 Sep 2006 12:07:04 -0700, "kamor56" <kmorgan56@gmail.com> wrote: >using the ESEUTIL utility, we recentl...

How to update a specific field from a Find Duplicates querie
I have to update 1 table that has multiple duplications. If i search for duplicate on Field1, Field2, and Field3 all matching, i receive many duplicates where Field4 and Field 5 are different and/or Null. What do i need to do to the query so that Field4 and Field5 will be automatically updated when the duplicate is found? Current: Field1 Field2 Field3 Field4 Field5 Mike Smith 1234 KEEP Mike Smith 1234 DELETE 9012 Desire result: Field1 Field2 Field3 Field4 Field5 Mike Smith 1234 KEEP 9012 (...

Save query result in a variable
hi! hope you can help me AGAIN! i have a form that let's the user pick a name, job, between dates, tax(with or without) and percentage. this is for calculating the comision each employee has earned. i did this by a query that gets the info from the form adn then opens a report and in the report i make the calculations. but it turns out that several employees have 2 or more "jobs" and for each one diferent % of comission. the form and the reports handdle it fine, i'm looking for a way to add all of this reports for each person. i was thinking of saving the sum of each que...

Form Query
I am trying to run a query for a form, I am using the following criteria [form]![frmSchoolsQry]![txtschool] . The form name and the text box from the form. When I click the command button the launch the query a parameter dialog pop up. The dialog ask for the text that is in the text box. I use forms to query dates, they work great, why don’t this work? Any suggestions? You're missing an s in Form: [Forms]![frmSchoolsQry]![txtschool] -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "rap43" <rap43@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Generate selective query results
Who can give me advice? In a table I am storing the information of apartments and their total surface area in square meters within a building. When I select an apartment within a building in a form, I would like to print a report of maximum 10 equivalent apartments of approximately the same size (surface area ± 2 m2). Of these apartments I would like to see the apartment number and the size of the surface area. I tried the Top 10 option but that does not give me the correct result. Key of the table is the building number (CPX_NUMBER). The fieldname of the apartment is VHE_NUMBER ...

Delete Field in Backend Database
Access 2007 user looking for code that will delete a field from a specified table on a backend database. AND/OR...change the Field Size on an existing field. Thanks! -- DT No user should have this ability. This is a recipe for disaster!!!! Anywho, To delete a field you'd do something along the line of Dim db As DAO.Database Dim tdf As DAO.TableDef Set db = CurrentDb set tdf = db.TableDefs ("YourTableName") tdf.Fields.Delete ("YourFieldName") or using SQL, something like Db.Execute "ALTER TABLE YourTableName " & _ ...

modifying field values in an Access 2003 query
Someone please help. Is there a SQL or Visual Basic statement that can be used to set/change the values in a field in an Access 2003 query to a default value? I'm more familiar with the concept of a table's field (or a control on a form) having a "default" value. How is it that you expect a query's field to have a default value? What are the circumstances? If, for example, you want to display something like "n/a" when an underlying field in a table contains a Null, you could use something like: YourQueryField: IIF(IsNull([YourUnderlyingField]),...

Activate "Contacts" field within a Contact
I just upgraded from 2003 to 2007. I was using the Link Contact field in 2003. I just found the Contacts field in 2007 but I cannot edit this field. How do I activate the field. Is there a way to show this field when you open a contact? You need to add the field to that view: Tools > Options > Preferences > Contact Options > Show Contact Linking... -- Russ Valentine "AJ" <AJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C565B904-9DEB-4F29-AED4-716F2CB253EE@microsoft.com... >I just upgraded from 2003 to 2007. I was using the Link Contact fi...

Joining two queries
Is there a way to join two queries together? In query 1, i have Invoice ID, Description, and Total In query 2, I have the same fields. I would like to see all the records from both queries. Please advise. "Tia" <Tia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D39EB571-0D64-4A8E-9107-351B10E1FE02@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to join two queries together? > In query 1, i have Invoice ID, Description, and Total > In query 2, I have the same fields. > > I would like to see all the records from both queries. Please advise. I believe what you're...

Field Type Mismatch on select
I have an input field (InputFieldA) that a user can type either a location# (alphanumeric - could be all numeric) or zipcode (numeric). I have the following select: select * from TableA where location = InputFieldA I would like to just do something simple to select the information regardlesss of whether they type in location# or zip. I thought something like this would work: select * from TableA where location = InputFieldA or zipcode = InputFieldA This works if the field is a zipcode (numeric) but not if it contains characters because it fails with a mis match on field type. (The ...

fail when try to select field from an entity view
Hello, I have a problem when I am tryin to select a field from an entity main viewalthough I succeed to do that when I open a session from a the CRM Server. Can somone help to find an explaination. I should mention that even when I open a session from a client machine I use the administrator credentials Thanks in advance Try adding about:blank to the trusted sites in IE and check. HTH, Niths "Ahmed Maaloul" wrote: > Hello, I have a problem when I am tryin to select a field from an entity main > viewalthough I succeed to do that when I open a session from a the CRM >...