2007 runtime causes error in previously installed version

I developed an application in Access 2007. I packaged it with the
Access 2007 runtime environment. I installed it on a machine that has
Access 2003 installed. That machine gets errors when using a form
developed in Access 2003. In uninstalled the 2007 runtime and the
Access 2003 form works fine but now he can't use the application I
installed.

Some of my users don't have Access at all on their machine so they
don't have a problem. I'm guessing that anyone that has built
something with a previous version is liable to have an issue with the
2007 runtime. Any suggestions?
0
smc
3/19/2008 5:49:10 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

smc@seaofknowledge.com wrote:
> I developed an application in Access 2007. I packaged it with the
> Access 2007 runtime environment. I installed it on a machine that has
> Access 2003 installed. That machine gets errors when using a form
> developed in Access 2003. In uninstalled the 2007 runtime and the
> Access 2003 form works fine but now he can't use the application I
> installed.
>
> Some of my users don't have Access at all on their machine so they
> don't have a problem. I'm guessing that anyone that has built
> something with a previous version is liable to have an issue with the
> 2007 runtime. Any suggestions?

It's really never a good idea to install Access (runtime or otherwise) on a
machine that already has a different version on it.  Developers do this
often on their own machines, but they know what the issues are and how to
deal with them.

Any way you can just give people that have a previous version a copy of your
app in that version instead of using the runtime?

That's how I distribute my Access apps.  The install CD has the Access
runtime (97 in my case) for people who have no version of Access, as well as
a 2000 file format of the app that works in every newer version of Access.
That way I can work with whatever is on their PC already.

--
Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP
Email (as appropriate) to...

0
Rick

Outlook plug in install
I currently have SQL Server installed on my local pc for some other task. In the install of Outlook plugin for CRM it wants to install MSDE is this going to conflict with my SQL 2000 instance? Joe Thomas wrote: > I currently have SQL Server installed on my local pc for > some other task. In the install of Outlook plugin for CRM > it wants to install MSDE is this going to conflict with > my SQL 2000 instance? Yes it will conflict. Microsoft will not support sales for Outlook if you do this and they strongly recommend not to install sales for Outlook if you already have SQL ins...

Access 2007 and Vista code problem

How to install WCF templates?
How to install WCF templates for Visual C# 2008 Express Edition? I have Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition too and my computer is running on Winodws XP Professional. I can find WCF template in VWD2008EE but not in VC#2008EE. Any help would be appreciated Thank you Regards Raj On Apr 15, 1:55=A0pm, Raj <R...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How to install WCF templates for Visual C# 2008 Express Edition? > > I have Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition too and my computer is > running on Winodws XP Professional. I can find WCF template ...

crm 3.0 error 03-01-06

Error in Outlook Today

Publisher 2007 frequently crashes

Add PowerPoint 2007 to Office Basic