2007 Report Toolbars

I have a 2003 program that all forms and reports open to a full screen. I now
have that program in 2007. It took a while but I figured out how to get the
reports to open to a full screen. However, I can't get my custom toolbars to
display with the reports. The functionality of the toolbar comes by way of a
macro group.

I set the Border Style to "Sizable," the Control Box to "Yes," and the Close
Button to "Yes." I can use the On Close Event to perform a function, like
returning to the form that opened it. I use the toolbars to offer the user
several options, such as sort ascending/descending, close and open various
forms or reports, etc.

I know another way to get these options but would prefer the use of the
toolbars. Can anyone tell me how to make the toolbar a part of the report
when it opens? Thank you for your help.

access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

In 2007 you usually use the Ribbon.  Here's a starting point for a ribbon to
use during report print/preview:
http://www.members.shaw.ca/AlbertKallal/msaccess/DownLoad.htm

If you want a popup menu there are ways to do that as well.

--
Mark Andrews
RPT Software

"Arturo" <Arturo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a 2003 program that all forms and reports open to a full screen. I
> now
> have that program in 2007. It took a while but I figured out how to get
> the
> reports to open to a full screen. However, I can't get my custom toolbars
> display with the reports. The functionality of the toolbar comes by way of
> macro group.
>
> I set the Border Style to "Sizable," the Control Box to "Yes," and the
> Close
> Button to "Yes." I can use the On Close Event to perform a function, like
> returning to the form that opened it. I use the toolbars to offer the user
> several options, such as sort ascending/descending, close and open various
> forms or reports, etc.
>
> I know another way to get these options but would prefer the use of the
> toolbars. Can anyone tell me how to make the toolbar a part of the report
> when it opens? Thank you for your help.

0
Mark

SQL Reporting Services And GP
I was wondering, aside from the Reports Pack, if there was a place to download more templates? Also i may end up needing some custom reports and was wondering if anyone had some suggestions on where to go? Thanks Eric The report pack is the only set of SRS reports for GP available from Microsoft. You can certainly create as many as you want using the SRS tools. Additionally, GP 10 will have about 75 SRS reports. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Eric" wrote: > I was wondering, aside from the Reports Pack, if there was a place to > download more templates? > > Also ...

Extra databases created in Access 2007
I converted a database from 2003 to 2007 (so it went from .mdb to .accdb). In 2007, I have now noticed a series of database(x).mdb (where x is an incrementing number) appearing in the DB directory. Is this normal - IE do I have an option set somewhere. If so, what is it's purpose and what triggers it. Regards Neil Compact on close will do this if you don't have delete permission. "neil40" <neil.grantham@googlemail.com> wrote in message news:1179695681.157103.91080@u36g2000prd.googlegroups.com... > I converted a database from 2003 to 2007 (so it went from .m...

import/export format in Outlook 2007
Hi, I was surprised when I discovered that Excel 2007 file format was not supported in Outlook 2007 import/export feature. Is there someone from Microsoft that could give me an explanation ? Fabien Majurel I'm not from MS but it could be that it wasn't deemed a priority for release since XLS export is available. "Fabien Majurel" <fabien.majurel@bewise.fr> wrote in message news:B43BCD74-9F97-4CCF-8D43-E11965016308@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I was surprised when I discovered that Excel 2007 file format was not > supported in Outlook 2007 import/expo...

Office 2007 and switching to classic 2003 / 2000 menus
I have a couple of end users that hate the new menus in Office 2007. Is there anyway to switch the view to a "classic" style menu? Please and thanks There are some third party add-ins available but I've heard they are not "all that and a bag of chips". Since the ribbon is also being used in Office 2010, perhaps you could encourage your end users to learn how to use the ribbon and add to their skill set. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Hillary" <Hillary@di...

Account Summary Reports
Hello, I have a problem with the predefined Account Summary Reports: If I open an account and go to the Actions toolbar >> click Reports >> Use Current Record >> click the name of the report (e.g. account summary) a new page pops up, but w/o any data on it. Its just blue and it has the CRM "File" and "Help" menus and the Title of the report displayed underneath it. All other reports under the normal reports section are running fine! Did anybody have this problem before? Thanks, Nikolas ...

How to view Outlook 2007 from Access 2007 form?
When using Access 2003 I was able to view Outlook 2003 inside a form by adding the Outlook View Control. But when trying to do the same through Access 2007, when adding the control in Design mode I could see the Outlook view, but when moving to Form view, the control is blanked and no longer show the Outlook. I found that this is a known limitation with Outlook+Access 2007. Does any one know other way to view outlook 2007 from a form in Access 2007? Gil You might try creating a HTML page that has the Outlook View Control embedded it in and then use the IE ActiveX control to ...

Have templates changed in Word 2007?
Our office has recently upgraded to Office 2007. Previously when opening a template (in 2003) it would open and be named as, for example "Document1" rather than the name of the template. So it would be opening a clean copy of the template rather than the template itself. Now in 2007, our Word templates seem to open either as a read only versions of the template or the template itself. How can I get our templates to behave as they did in 2003? Thank you -- Brendan Adelaide, Australia When you "open" a template, you're opening it for editing. To create...

Outlook 2007 client problem
I have one install were Outlook won't open links from crm. When I click view regarding in Outlook screen flashes, but nothing happens. On task manager I see that IEXPLORER.EXE starts and closes. Webclient works just fine. What could close internet explorer automatically when I try to open links from Outlook. On Jun 13, 10:36 am, matarvai <matar...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have one install were Outlook won't open links from crm. When I click view > regarding in Outlook screen flashes, but nothing happens. On task manager I > see that IEXPLORER.EXE starts...

Saving a Macro Button on the Quick Access Toolbar in Excel
In Excel if a macro button is added to the Quick Access Toolbar it doesn't always appear when someone else opens up the workbook. In 2003 there was an "Attach" option so a toolbar could be saved with a workbook. Is there an equivalent for the Quick Access Toolbar in Excel 2007? See http://www.rondebruin.nl/imageqat.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "joedapops" <joedapops@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:927C1026-57C4-46A4-A4D4-C43C7A4A85D7@microsoft.com... > In Excel if a macro button is add...

Installation of Office 2007 Standard
I have installed Office 2007 Standard several times. I have run the diagnotic and I keep getting the errror " not installed for this user" what do I need to do? It was running until about a week ago and I don't believe I've put anything new on the computer. I also ran the repair. Help!!! -- srbolden "srbolden" <srbolden@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EC3B17C8-BD22-4B59-A140-F9420E9B4EFB@microsoft.com... >I have installed Office 2007 Standard several times. I have run the > diagnotic and I keep getting the errror &...

Report Group Count Woes
I'm still learning and need some help. I have a report that lists clients by source for dates requested. In that report I have a control with source of "=IIf([Active]=False,"Inactive","") " to show the inactive clients and blank for actives. This is in the header, as is all the "detail" so it does not give all the detail items, but one record for each client. In the footer, I want to count the number of "Inactive". I have researched and fail to get it to work. The closest is a text box in the footer with a source of &q...

Exchange 2007 Evaluation version #2

ON 2007 resizing column widths
i can't resize table column widths as i want. some i can make narrow, others are wide and can't be made narrower. in fact, the whole table has limit on how narrow it can be. what is the secret to freeing up column width adjustments? -- jeffrey --- news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: news@netfront.net --- ...

Help Excel 2007
Hoping that someone can help with this. I'm trying to print out a small worksheet on a '11x17' sheet. I've set the print area to the size I want and I have the scaling set to scale to '1 sheet wide x one sheet high' and the layout to 'landscape'. But there's no scaling happening. Cells still show up in a small corner of the sheet. I've never seen this behavior in any previous version. Any suggestions? Print area?? -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Dab" <noThanks@hotmail.com> wr...

stock sales reported as income
When I sell a stock or mutual fund, Money reports the entire sales price as income on the home page. This is regardless of my cost basis, even if I take a loss. If I bought $5000 worth of stock six months ago, and sell it for $5000 this month, it shows as an extra $5000 "income" for this month. That's really dumb. How can I make it stop? In microsoft.public.money, Paul Pedersen wrote: >When I sell a stock or mutual fund, Money reports the entire sales price as >income on the home page. This is regardless of my cost basis, even if I take >a loss. I don'...

Conditional Formatting in Excel 2007
Hi I just found out that Excel 2007 Conditional Formatting has drastiically changed from Excel 2003. I happend to download the Free Excel Manual from http://www.mousetraining.co.uk/ms-office-training-manuals.html but it doesn't seem to talk about this feature at all! Any help or links will be highly appreciated! Cheers Amit Check out http://www.homeandlearn.co.uk/excel2007/excel2007s6p2.html -- Jacob "Rajeev Rawat" wrote: > Hi > > I just found out that Excel 2007 Conditional Formatting has > drastiically changed from Excel 2003. I ...

Work Orders
On the Detailed Work Order report, it does not give you an option to print the "Reference #" on the report, as it is not in the selection option. It is, however in the Work Order Summary Report. Please add this field to the report ASAP. -- Thanks, joel ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then c...

Advance Financial Reports Missing
I lost layout information for Advance financial Reports , I have another test database running in different company i want to backup advance financial reports layout from test database and place it into live database. How it can be possible. ...

Reporting Services Error 10-10-07
Hi, I am having an error in Reporting Services. Can anyone suggest a solution; " An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted) Get Online Help Cannot create a connection to data source 'CRM'. (rsErrorOpeningConnection) Get Online Help Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON'. " Hi, Let me try.... The datasource could be corrupted. Go to http://<yourserver>/reports. Click on your <organization>_CRM folder. Click Show Details, and look at the properties. The connection should use Windows NT Integrated Security. ...

using Excel 2007 student with Excel 2007 commercial
At home I have Excel 2007 student version. My boss has Excel 2007 commercial version. Can I work at home and transfer files to my boss's computer? My boss's computer would not open my work. Any ideas and help is appreciated. Thanks! You should be able to share files. How did the boss try to open the file -- by double clicking on it in windows explorer (or opening from an email) or by starting excel and then using the equivalent of File|open? And what happened when the boss tried and failed? Any error/warning messages? Suzie762 wrote: > > At home I ha...

Outlook 2007
I am running Outlook 2007 in non-cache mode, when I go to delete over 2,000 message it does not work. All it will do is blank out the INBOX like there is nothing in the inbox folder. But when I click on a folder and come back to the inbox all my emails are still there. Is there a limit on how many messages one can delete at a time? Thanks in advance, Eric Sabo Sabo, Eric <sabo_e@cup.edu> wrote: > I am running Outlook 2007 in non-cache mode, when I go to delete over > 2,000 message it does not work. All it will do is blank out the > INBOX like there is nothing in t...

Inserting a Doc (or PDF) in a report in Access 2007
I am trying to work out the best way to produce a report that prints 2 pages; a customer copy and an office copy of an agreement (existing access single page reports), and on the back of each (using my printers duplex) print my terms of business. My terms of business file is currently a one page .doc file. I would like to be able to do this in such a way that if the 'terms of business' .doc file gets updated, it is also updated in the Access report automatically. I am currently having to print each of the two access reports, then load MS Word and print the terms of...

How can I add a report preview to a Microsoft Access 2003 form?
I'm using Access 2003 and trying to show a preview type picture of the 3210 report on the form where users will be inputting their information. The report should be set to display the current records information. What would be the best way to go about doing this? Look at this link on "Printing the Record on the Microsoft Access Form to a Report" http://www.databasedev.co.uk/report_from_form_record.html -- Good Luck BS"D "Kutrenia" wrote: > I'm using Access 2003 and trying to show a preview type picture of the 3210 > report on the form where ...

Quick Links in Customize HomePage can't get Fixed Asset reports
When you click on Customize This Page. Quick Links, Add, Microsoft Dynamics GP window, Reports, Fixed Assets, there is nothing to add. There doesn't seem to be a way to get the FA reports on the home page. We can use the shortcut bar, however. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Ag...

Budget Amount on Report does not agree with amount entered in Budget
I am using Money 2003. Have several years of trnsactions and am just now trying to do a budget. I manually entered a budget for 2004. I entered a monthly net income budget of $xxxx. When I view the monthly budget report for January it has added $1,800 to the $xxxx I had entered. The actual amount in the report is correct just the budgetted amount is out of wack. The report says I have an $1,800 difference between budget and actual. When viewing the yearly budget report I see this error is only in January the remaining 11 months are OK. Of course the annual totals are off by $...