2000 vs 2003 12-03-07

I have a MDB database which was developed using Access 2000.

I have no problem running it.  My coworkers who has Access 2003 gets error
periodically.

How can I force the MDB to be run in 2000 all the time?
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Do your coworkers have both Access 2000 and 2003? If not, all you can do is
run it using whatever version they have.

What sorts of problems occur?

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"snlcoy" <snlcoy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a MDB database which was developed using Access 2000.
>
> I have no problem running it.  My coworkers who has Access 2003 gets error
> periodically.
>
> How can I force the MDB to be run in 2000 all the time?

0
Douglas
12/3/2007 9:54:34 PM
Tools - Options - Advanced (Tab)...Top Right - "Default File Format"....

HTH - Bob

"snlcoy" wrote:

> I have a MDB database which was developed using Access 2000.
>
> I have no problem running it.  My coworkers who has Access 2003 gets error
> periodically.
>
> How can I force the MDB to be run in 2000 all the time?
What error?

--
HTH,
George

"snlcoy" <snlcoy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a MDB database which was developed using Access 2000.
>
> I have no problem running it.  My coworkers who has Access 2003 gets error
> periodically.
>
> How can I force the MDB to be run in 2000 all the time?

0
George

Macro help #12
Hi, I am working on a macro in Excel 2003 Pro, and everytime I go to sort a column of data. There are about 10 rows of data in about 200+ columns. I can only get the macro to sort the column that I edited it with. How can I create the macro, so each time I click on the first row of each column, click the macro button I will assign to the toolbar, then that row will be sorted, and do this for each column? Any help at all would be greatly appreciated, Jeff Garrett (user_jeff@hotmail.com) Hi Jeff please post your current code and then we can suggest changes to it. Cheers JulieD "...

InPlace ugrade from Exchange 2000 to 2003 recovery question
Hi, Will shortly be doing an inplace upgrade from Exchange 2000 enterprise edition to Exchange 2003 Enterprise edition. After we do all the steps ie. Forestprep/domainprep etc then do the actual upgrade if the upgrade fails how do we roll back. We use Brightstor Arcserve version 11 which is supported by Exchange 2000 and we backup doing the Full method not bricks level. I have documentation on how to restore Exchange using this but this just restores the database to my knowledge (never had to do it) with exchange 2000 so how do I roll back a failed upgrade. We have to do an inplace...

exchange 2003
I just set up a mail server at things are working fine in the network where it resides. The issue is that I have 5 other buildings that are connected via a VPN, and they can not connect. Do I need to change settings at their locations? DNS?? WINNS??? It depends on type of client, but generally proper DNS setup is required. Also make sure that no firewalls interfere. laker18 wrote: > I just set up a mail server at things are working fine in > the network where it resides. The issue is that I have 5 > other buildings that are connected via a VPN, and they > can not co...

Exchange 2003 SP1 Install Error
When I try to install E2003 SP1 I get the error: EventType exchangesetuperror, P1 6_5_7226_0, P2 update, P3 microsoft exchange messaging and collaboration services, P4 install, P5 e0070101, P6 _null_, P7 1, P8 NIL, P9 NIL, P10 NI The log says it cannot find a file but I can't tell which file it's looking for. Any ideas how to fix this? Thanks ...

cannot open outlook 2000
"this opration has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer" I have already tried the steps listed in MS Knowledge Base article 310049, with no luck. Any other suggestions ? Thanks. ...

outlook 2003 add a dictionary
Hi, how can add a dictionary for spell checking ? in outlook 2003 su tools / options / spelling actually i have only English e French. ciao francesco ...

windows update 12-25-09
I believe ninety nine percent of the updates failed on my computer. In fact I am unable to download IE8, and several other programs. I am running an IE7 in my computer and I am getting the warning that my os does not support it. What is my operating system? Windows vista basic home, is'nt funny!... Harry Dupre wrote: > I believe ninety nine percent of the updates failed on my computer. > In fact I am unable to download IE8, and several other programs. I > am running an IE7 in my computer and I am getting the warning that > my os does not support it. > > Wh...

Outlook 2003 Newsreader
Hi, I've Outlook 2003 and I tried to use it to read newsgroups, using the customize in the menu bar and putting the option news on the go menu. It worked, but only the first time. The optino news now disapeared from the menu go, and from the customize. Where it go? I tried to repair and don't fix. Another thing is the Business Manager that I installed I think version beta, that crashes often, but I imagine that we can't have a solution on that without more info. Thanks Joao Bras To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel | Internet Options and...

Turbo Tax vs. Tax Cut
I have been a longtime Quicken User and have recently changed to MS Money 2004 (before it came bundled with TaxCut). I find Money much easier to work with and like it very much. In the past I have always used Turbo Tax and I'm thinking of switching to Tax Cut this time. Is there much difference in those products? The state tax program is not needed. I'll appreciate any comments. In microsoft.public.money, Ann wrote: >I have been a longtime Quicken User and have recently >changed to MS Money 2004 (before it came bundled with TaxCut). >I find Money much easier to work with an...

HELP!!! 08-30-03
please elp me. my mom is a medical transcriber and she has a dictionary she uses through windows 98. and her comp has no memory, so we need to update her operating system inoder to put more memory on there. she needs her dictionary and i was wandering how to access it and if possible how to save it on to a cd. thank you for ur time Dear jason you have to have a dictornary corect i have one i could email you if you like just email me back i mean i use this dictornary really well and it works for 95-Xp so if you want give me a hollar ok peace out danny "jason" <jasonr_206@hotm...

Office 07 locking up in Win7
I have just purchased two new HP computers with Windows 7 on them. I am running office suite pro 07. Office keeps locking up after. Sometimes task mgr will restart the program, sometimes I have to power off. Either way, work is lost! I have done system restore twice but have seen no improvements. Office worked fine the first two days then 34+ updates and now it doesn't. It also locks up if monitor goes to sleep and will not recover without a power down. -- Chris & Sam "Chris&Sam" <ChrisSam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:30...

test103 10-09-07
test This is the body of the article On Mon, 08 Oct 2007 21:57:49 -0700, mark.com wrote: >test This is the body of the article Please use microsoft.public.test.here for testing. If you're testing software to spam data to multiple newsgroups, please turn off your computer, carry it out to the dumpster, and throw it in. John W. Vinson [MVP] *And jump in after while you're at it* Pieter "John W. Vinson" <jvinson@STOP_SPAM.WysardOfInfo.com> wrote in message news:f0lng3h2i6ij3i7e6qu2rjtgk8j90pi5de@4ax.com... > On Mon, 08 Oct 2007 21:57:49 -0700, m...

Start Outlook 2003 at windows startup??
Hi, I have a simple question: how do I have Outlook 2003 started automatically and minimized to system tray at windows startup? Thanks in advance edomonet@libero.it <edomonet@libero.it> wrote: > how do I have Outlook 2003 started automatically and minimized to > system tray at windows startup? Put a shortcut to it in your Startup program group. However, I don't believe it will start minimized. -- Brian Tillman It's better to put a shortcut in your Quick Launch bar or you will get errors if OL loads too soon before your connection and antivirus. You can customiz...

SBS 2003 migration to Server 2008 STD
Hi. We are at the limit of 75 Users and want to Migrate away from our old SBS 2003 Server to two new 2008 STD Server (one for Exchange 2010) I have looked for infos how to do that correctly but i could not find any good basis to start with. Someone already accomplished that task? I recommend Server 2008 R2 over 2008. If you use Server 2008 make sure you have SP2 or better installed before you try to install Exchange 2010. I have done it. It was fairly straightforward. That said it was not easy. There is a lot of conflicting information on the web. The basic procedure is...

HABER 03-01-08
XVFGJHH VDFGTH ...

E-mail Tracking 2003
I know in Outlook 2003 that e-mail recipients have the option to not send "read receipts" - can this be disabled? A lot of my users in the past have relied on getting e-mail receipts and tracking their e-mails - they are very unhappy about the recipient having an option to decline their request for receipt in Outlook 2003. Jane Jane wrote: > I know in Outlook 2003 that e-mail recipients have the > option to not send "read receipts" - can this be > disabled? A lot of my users in the past have relied on > getting e-mail receipts and tracking their e-m...

Textbox's truncated once printed (Excel 2000)
When using text boxs in excel if the data entry is larger than the text box it does not print out everything in the text box. Is there a way to get it to print out all the information contained in the text box. For the only two solutions I can think of is 1) Make the text boxs bigger but my manager rejected the idea. 2)Cut an paste the information onto a excel spreedsheet then print it that way by using a macro but that is a last resort. Dear Robert, 1) 2) and 3) Reject your manager. If it doesn't fit, it doesn't. 4) Perhaps ... use a smaller font? 5) Refrase your text ... Fran...

Clarification please on exchange 2003 with DPM Server 2010
I would like to protect an exchange 2003 setup remotely. In the event of a problem such as accidently deleted mail etc. the way to restore the database files would is to use a recovery storage group? Now does this need to be restored back over the internet to the Exchange server or can the databases be restored onto a disk taken out to the server and then loaded into the recovery storage group? I am not sure what you mean "Now does this need to be restored back over the internet to the Exchange server" but yes to restore the exchange databases you can restore the files ...

Microsoft Outlook 2000 #8
When down loading messages a message appears (Just started ( that says c:\documents and settings\My Name\application data\microsoft\addins\wfloadin.dll is not a valid office add in Help Go into Tools | Options | Other, click the advanced button, then click the Add-In Manager and COM Add-Ins buttons and see if you find anything weird there. If you see an installed add-in listed that you don't need, disable it and see if the message goes away. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserv...

EmigrantDirect, wrong web address for online services (Money 2003)
Version: Money 2003 (I know, I know, I'll upgrade if I can ever get it to work correctly...) I used to be able to receive transactions from EmigrantDirect. However, as of last year, they changed their web address. The web address stored by Money is (https://cib-maintpg.ibanking-services.com/special/b321_maint.htm), which is no longer valid. Is there a way I can manually change the address, or guide Money to the right address? I have tried to go in through the browser in Money to download statements directly, but I can't seem to update the address so that automatic downloads...

Outlook 2003 Usepecified error
Hi, I am having real problems trying to resolve an issue with outlook 2003 with Word as the e-mail editor. I am trying to forward an e-mail with about 5 pdf attachments that come to about 3mb in size, when I try to send the e-mail I get an "Unspecified error" If I turn off the word as the e-mail editor it works ok and sends the e-mail ok. I have also changed the text from html to plain text but i then get a 2nd error which I have managed to get rid of but readind the kb base article 870707. I have also tried running the detect and repair along with installing the latest s...

Problem with 07 Office Pdf/Xps Add-in
Hello Despite having installed the 2007 Office SaveAs Pdf/Xps add-in, I have seen Mary Sauer's posting on this somewhere asking if it in the Add-in of the Office programmes. I do not see it any of the programmes even though I have reinstalled twice with genuine validation. Anything else I can do? Thks. Menk It's like a printer...you print to it. -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression "Menikos" <menikos88@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:u2EEuVswIHA.4564@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hello > > Despite having installed the 200...

2003 Public folders disappear on clients then reappear
Dear all, I have noticed that public folders will for no reason drop of users clients and the reappear without any intervention. Eventvwr shows no errors just one warning 5008 to indicate a log file was deleted which seems fine. Oh and we have exchange 2003 standard SP1. Recently sorted out some AD problems and now all dc's seem to be replicating correctly with no errors or warnings. I have recently updated RUS pointing it to correct DC as it was pointing to a server that had been demoted following AD troubles. So I'm lost as why this happens any ideas or suggestions greatly r...

ok 09-30-07
dale jr where are you right ...