"Sole Access" in order to make a Form from a Table

Every time I try to make a form from my table, it will not allow me to save.
 This happens even though I am the computer's Admiinistrator and only user.
I have even set a password for it, that was not sufficient. What do I have to
do?
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Are other people using the database when you are trying to save the form?

--
Lynn Trapp
MCP, MOS, MCAS

"LUTGUT" wrote:

> Every time I try to make a form from my table, it will not allow me to save.
>  This happens even though I am the computer's Admiinistrator and only user.
> I have even set a password for it, that was not sufficient. What do I have to
> do?
Shut down the database and Access. Then go to the folder holding the database
and make sure that there isn't an .ldb or .laccdb file with the same name as
the database. If so try to delete it. If you can't, you need read, write,
create, and delete privileges for the folder and the database file(s).

If that doesn't work, open up Access then find the database in question.
Click on it then go to the Open button. It should be a drop-down. Select Open
Exclusive.
--
Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP

"LUTGUT" <LUTGUT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Every time I try to make a form from my table, it will not allow me to
> save.
> This happens even though I am the computer's Admiinistrator and only user.
> I have even set a password for it, that was not sufficient. What do I have
> do?

0
Fernand

"Sole Access" in order to make a Form from a Table
Every time I try to make a form from my table, it will not allow me to save. This happens even though I am the computer's Admiinistrator and only user. I have even set a password for it, that was not sufficient. What do I have to do? Are other people using the database when you are trying to save the form? -- Lynn Trapp MCP, MOS, MCAS "LUTGUT" wrote: > > Every time I try to make a form from my table, it will not allow me to save. > This happens even though I am the computer's Admiinistrator and only user. > I have even set a pa...