"select data source" dialog poping up continually

Has anyone run into this?

Scenario: Using Access 2003 on XP SP2, I have a pass-through query that hits
a Sybase database (don't think the back end DBMS is relevent but who knows?).
The query works fine. I have then built a report that uses this query as its
datasource. The report runs fine but needs some formating done. I go into
design view and the "select data source" dialog popups up. I've tried picking
the appropriate data source and logging in, I've tried cancelling it. Either
way it continually popups up immediately after the first one was closed and
since it is model, I can't edit the report design. Anyone run into this? If
so have you found a fix? Thanks.
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

"select data source" dialog poping up continually
Has anyone run into this? Scenario: Using Access 2003 on XP SP2, I have a pass-through query that hits a Sybase database (don't think the back end DBMS is relevent but who knows?). The query works fine. I have then built a report that uses this query as its datasource. The report runs fine but needs some formating done. I go into design view and the "select data source" dialog popups up. I've tried picking the appropriate data source and logging in, I've tried cancelling it. Either way it continually popups up immediately after the first one was closed and since i...

Pivot Table Report formatting
Going a little bananas with trying to get a Pivot Table Report to accept the order of the fields as they are in the Pivot Table. It's importing them in ascending order by default, and I can't select Data Source Order from the toolbar's Sort and Top 10/AutoSort options. The "manual" selection is the default, but I don't want to have to drag every field around each time. What's up? The Data Source Order option applies to OLAP source data. For pivot tables built from Excel data, the items are listed in Ascending order when the pivot table is created. If yo...

ODBC Select Data Source
Hi, I have users who generate ODBC queries in Excel 2000 using syste dsn's. I have system dsn's set up which are pointing to the same databases a the users. However, due to the fact that I do not have the system DN set up word for word as the users dsn I get the error message: [Microsoft][ODBC MANAGER] Data source name not found and no defaul driver specified. My problem is that I cannot select the DSN's that I already have i place to run the ODBC query. I have seen on someone else's PC that they are able to right click ove the odbc query an option to select data sorce ap...

Select Data Source Based On Outcome Of
I have a form that does not have a record source assigned to it. In the form I have a combo box, and, after selecting something in the combo box I want the form to be connected to a table or query. Don't know if this is possible. Chai set the form's recordsource in the AfterUpdate event of the combo box Chai wrote: >I have a form that does not have a record source assigned to it. In the form >I have a combo box, and, after selecting something in the combo box I want >the form to be connected to a table or query. Don't know if this is >possible. ...