Records in Listbox Identified in Reverse Order

Hello,

I have a list box that is populated as data is entered into the form.  (I'm
reusing a database that worked well, but needed editing for a different
project.)  In the original database, the records were identified
correctly--first item entered is record 1, second item entered is record 2,...

In the "new" database (I had to modify some data sources), the items are in
reverse.  The first item entered is record 2, the second item entered is
record 1,...

Any idea why this is occurring?  I've checked what I know to check and
cannot tell what the problem is.

Thank you,

Hi -

Please give us more information -

What is the row source type for your listbox - table/query or value list?

How are you adding values to the listbox - if VBA, please post the code.

Thanks

John

--
John Goddard
Ottawa, ON Canada

J_Goddard
11/23/2009 8:01:31 PM
Access stores records like a barrel of brick - just a jumble, no set order.

Do not view records at the table level but use a query, form or report.
These can be sorted in any manner that you need to display.

--
Build a little, test a little.

"Londa Sue" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a list box that is populated as data is entered into the form.  (I'm
> reusing a database that worked well, but needed editing for a different
> project.)  In the original database, the records were identified
> correctly--first item entered is record 1, second item entered is record 2,...
>
> In the "new" database (I had to modify some data sources), the items are in
> reverse.  The first item entered is record 2, the second item entered is
> record 1,...
>
> Any idea why this is occurring?  I've checked what I know to check and
> cannot tell what the problem is.
>
> Thank you,

How to set the column title in a listbox from Excel
any help here? You can do it two ways. 1.) Include a header in your RowSource Range. 2.) You can put Lablels just above your ListBox to label your ListBox columns. Hope this helps! If so, let me know, click "YES" below. -- Cheers, Ryan "V Hoang" wrote: > any help here? If ColumnHeads is set to true in the properties window, then the header row should not be included in the RowSource or ListFill range. VBA will automatically include the row above the ListFill range as a header if the ColumnHeads property is set to true. "Ryan H&q...

Merge records function
Is it possible to reuse the record merge function in CRM. Fx to call the function with a valid Account GUID with a URL-call to mergerecords ? I want this to open the merge windows with the GUID as the master record. ...

-1026 JET_errRecordTooBig, Record larger than maximum size
I administer a single Windows 2003 domain, Native Mode only W3k servers and use Exchange 2003. I am seeing this error in all DC Directory Service Event Logs. Event Type: Error Event Source: NTDS SDPROP Event Category: Internal Processing Event ID: 2008 Date: 28/07/2004 Time: 6:38:04 PM User: NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON Computer: TLSAD1 Description: Internal error: The security descriptor propagation task encountered an error while processing the following object. The propagation of security descriptors may not be possible until the problem is corrected. Object: CN=internal 29176...

Command button
[Excel 2003] I have command buttons on the userform which access other userforms (which drive the spreadsheet data entry) I have a listbox on the userform displaying a number. I would like to enter code into the command button activations such that if the number in the listbox does not equal the number stored within the code of the command button then a mesage box is displayed and the command button does not activate its sub routines. Can anyone help? Thanks, Roger Something like this: Option Explicit Public Property Get MayProceed() As Boolean Const M...

Previous Record
How do I access a field from the previous record in a form To programmatically read the value from the previous record, regardless of how the form is sorted or filtered, use the RecordsetClone of the form. This kind of thing: Function GetPreviousValue(frm As Form, strField As String) As Variant On Error GoTo Err_Handler 'Purpose: Return the value from the previous row of the form. 'Keywords: PriorRow PreviousValue Dim rs As DAO.Recordset Set rs = frm.RecordsetClone rs.Bookmark = frm.Bookmark rs.MovePrevious GetPreviousValue = rs(strField) Set rs...

substraction of sequential records
I need to calculate moving ranges in either a report or query. Currently my query returns TestTime (ascending) and TestResult. The moving range is the absolute difference between two consecutive samples. TestTime TestResult MovingRange 8am 20 -- 9am 24 4 10am 21 3 11am 26 5 Once all the moving ranges are calculated, I need to report the average of the moving ranges. ...

Advance filter not filtering unique records only
Hi, I have a user who has four large lists, he wants to combine them into two master lists; but hide or delete duplicates. I showed him how to use Advance Filter and he said it worked perfectly for combination; but the second worksheet did not filter only unique records. He assured me he followed the directions and click "Unique Records" in the Advance filter dialog box; but it didn't work. Can you guys give me a few more avenues he can pursue: (I suggested misspelled entries, and double-checking his work.) Thanks Kim I agree with you. My bet is that there is a typo or even ...

synchronized combo boxes moving between records problem
Sorry if this has been answered, I couldn't find the exact problem elsewhere! I'm only a beginner at this but when i select the right ID from the first combo box, i got it to come up with the correct related IDs in the second combo box , like it's meant to! but when I move to the next record (a new one, or the last one, or anything), the second combo box doesn't retain the record. As in, as you scroll through each record, none of the second combo box 'records' are kept, they are all blank until you click on them, then they come up with your choices, UNLESS you ...

Field with running count of records
Hi, I have a query with fields such as date, Item Number and Quantity. I want to create an additional field called Count that will act like an autonumber. It will assign a value of 1 for the first record, 2 for the second number etc. Can someone tell me how to do this? Thanks, -- Chuck W There are tons of posts on how to create a "ranking" query. You must have a field or fields that uniquely identify the sort order. If you provided significant table and field names as well as your desired sort order, someone could create the SQL for you if you can't search for and fi...

Default Public View has records but columns are blank
A custom entity has a default list view but the entries in the list do not show any values. There are a number of lines in the list with an icon only. If I try to delete one the message says select an entry before attempting operation. I cannot select the lijne either. Have created many views before and never seen this. Other views are ok? Hi Steve, Try publishing the entity and see if this resolves the problem. HTH, Niths "Steve" wrote: > A custom entity has a default list view but the entries in the list do not > show any values. There are a number of lines in the...

Inventory Site/LocationCode Order Lines on MSCRM1.2 to GPS8.0
We are currently running MSCRM 1.2 and GPS 8.0, with the MS Integration between them. Our Sales force uses various Inventory locations when placing orders within our GPS system. Because of business reasons we can't consolidate into a single Inventory Location as the Integration documentation suggests. The documentation allow says that it only supports the use of one Inventory location, which you set in the "Settings and Administration" tool. It appears that you can modify the BizTalk Mapping for the SalesOrderDetail channel to route a value from a custom field in MSCRM...

My code stops after the record saves....form never closes
Users are going into to update a number, and they want to close the form before the record gets saved, thus losing their changes. I created an Exit button, which should save the record change and close the form. Here's the code: If Me.Dirty Then RunCommand acCmdSaveRecord End If Forms![frmRMSHours]![Act Hours] = Me![Text9] DoCmd.Close If the record is dirty, they press Exit and the record saves. They have to press Exit again and the form closes. If the record is not dirty, the form will close when pressing Exit. What am I doing wrong? To save ...

order enty form
help here is my problem i have a db that tracks orders and i need a form to enter the order number and part number and quantirty. i will need to enter allot of orders at one time so i want to use a comtinuous form to enter the info into the orders table what i want to do is enter the job # and the part number and auto fill the discription and size. i have a part numbert tabel with fields part number, discription size there are too many to use a combo box. i have an order table with fileds job number, part number , discription , qantity, start time end tine, efficentcy, total time , down time, ...

Quantity on Purchase Orders
Is there any way to see the total quantity ordered on a purchase order? The only quantity I can find is the Entries quanitity which is just the number of lines on the PO and doesn't factor in multiple quanitites per line. It would be great to see it on the printed purchase order, but I can't even find it on the screen. Maybe it's just me. -- Kris You could add this to the XML template that creates the PO report but thats about it. Ivan "Kris" <kris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:79D478B1-733B-46FB-92D9-34C327B2E02B@microsoft.com... &g...

Closing orders
After we receive and order, we create the invoice with the create invoice button, however the order is still there as "new" or "pending". Is there any way to "close" the order as having been received? (CRM is expecting that you would be integrated to an accounting system) You could write a manual workflow rule to set the order status to Submitted and order status reason to (whatever); you may be able to get the workflow to trigger on something more useful like creating an invoice, but I haven't tried that Peter "Biyoojok" <biyoojok@gmail...

payroll
It is not always feasible to void a payroll check (if it has cleared the bank, or was paid via Direct Deposit). We need to be able to enter negative paycode transactions and negative deduction transactions to make adjustments easily on the next paycheck. The present work-around of creating a pre-tax deduction to withhold overpayments to employees creates inaccuracies in number of hours worked, and also deductions like 401K or garnishments that are based on gross pay. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes...

Identifying Cell Colours
On the spreadsheet, random cells are highlighted with a particular colour. Is there any way to perform an 'IF' type statement to extract the value for cells of a given colour? What will you do with them once you "extract" them? If you want to sum them, take a look here: http://cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm In article <2090e01c459fc$6cd3d870$a601280a@phx.gbl>, "Gary Gould" <gould.g@gll.co.uk> wrote: > On the spreadsheet, random cells are highlighted with a > particular colour. > Is there any way to perform an 'IF' type stat...

Populate multiple records via check boxes
I've read through some of the posts here and found similar situations with solutions but I just can't quite understand how to do this. I am trying to use form controls i.e. checkboxes and/or multiselect list boxes to populate multiple records from a related table. I have 3 tables: teachers, subjects, & subjects_to_teachers. In the table "teachers_to_subjects" each record contains one teacher & one subject. The purpose of this table is to relate teachers to subjects in a many-to-many fashion. I have a primary form which shows teacher info. What I want is a form...

Changing the Tab Order
Hi, I'm wondering how do you change the tab order between fields on an input form? All replys are appreciated. Well, you really can't... But you can accomplish the same thing, usually, by changing either the size (1 column or 2) or the positioning of fields. It seems to go down the first column until it finds a field that is two columns wide, or the end of the section. Then, it goes to the top field in the right column, then down that column until the end of the section. So by positioning fields in the section differently, or resizing fields, you can usually get the effect y...

Need query to return absence of record
Hello all, hope everyone is doing well this fine morning! I need some help in constructing a query. I have three tables, designed as so: Personnel FullName(PK) Department Classes ClassName(PK) TrainingHistory *Junc table between Personnel and Classes* FullName(FK) ClassName(FK) DateTaken TrainingHistory records every instance of a class taken by all personnel. I need to be able to find people who HAVE NOT taken a given class. I need to be able to pick what class I search for each time I do the query. For example, I need to know who in the organization has NOT t...

Excel 2007 -- Dates in Pivot Tables in wrong order after refresh
I am using excel 2007 to look at time series data via pivot tables. I am importing the base data from a csv flat file into a sheet in excel -- that all works fine. I have then created a pivot based on the imported data sheet which has dates as the only enty in the Column Label. When I build the pivot initially all the dates are in the correct order from the oldest on the left to the newest on the furthest right. However when I update the underlying data sheet, by adding another months data and then refresh the pivot; the new dates are shown in a haphazard order on the pivot. ...

Work Order Deposit In Drawer
Hi I have this issue. Let Say I have cashiers that work on the registers, and if they do work orders, deposit ammount is not shown in any detaild sales report. I understand that it is not sale yet that's why it does not appear, so I will have to go with work order's but on other hand , my customer wants to just generate one report with all the information needed. like there will be total daily sales, let's say 1000, and work order deposites let's say 200 , so "total sales" will bes 1200.00 any ideas ? ...

Configuring Exchange 2000 to use SPF records...
Does anyone have any information on how to configure Exchange 2000 to use SPF records? Our ISP has configured SPF records at their end, and now I want our Exchange server to use them... However, we are using a smart host to relay our email through. I have read where this could be a problem with using SPF - however that article I read was referring to installing the GFI MailEssentials product to use SPF on your Exchange 2000 server - so maybe does not apply to all mail relaying in general if you are NOT using that product.. Does anyone know if SPF checking will work if you are using a s...

To clone a Network Adapter record (WinXP+)
Hi. I have an Ethernet network adapter on my computer and it is present in the network connection list as the "Local Area Connection". What I want is to "clone" this INetConnection (and all of it's configuration components) so I could use independent "network connections", with independent setting sets, but referring to same physical device. Unfortunately INetConnection::Duplicate (http:// msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa365096(v=VS.85).aspx) returns E_NOTIMPL for the connection I have (I believe it's not implemented for everything except RAS...