Pull Data From Multiple Tables ????

Hi
I will have 4 tables name "TblCostomers","TblVendors","TblAccounts",
TblExpenses"
Now i have a for name "FrmDrVouchers" that has a table "TblDrVouchers" in
source.

This form has two TxtBox Control name "TxtAccountNo" and "TxtAccountName"

If User enters a Account No., It pulls the Account Name from Any One of these
Table.

I can do this if I have only one table.
But tell me how can i do it while I have 4 tables for One Field of a table

Thank you..

malik

By the lack of responses I suspect I am not the only one who does not
understand your question.  If the form is based on tblDrVouchers, what do the
other tables have to do with anything?  How do you "pull" the account name
into the text box?  How are the tables related?

malik wrote:
>Hi
>I will have 4 tables name "TblCostomers","TblVendors","TblAccounts",
>TblExpenses"
>Now i have a for name "FrmDrVouchers" that has a table "TblDrVouchers" in
>source.
>
>This form has two TxtBox Control name "TxtAccountNo" and "TxtAccountName"
>
>If User enters a Account No., It pulls the Account Name from Any One of these
>Table.
>
>I can do this if I have only one table.
>But tell me how can i do it while I have 4 tables for One Field of a table
>
>Thank you..

BruceM
12/30/2009 3:47:45 PM
On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 20:14:15 GMT, "malik via AccessMonster.com"
<u49026@uwe> wrote:

>I will have 4 tables name "TblCostomers","TblVendors","TblAccounts",
>TblExpenses"
>Now i have a for name "FrmDrVouchers" that has a table "TblDrVouchers" in
>source.
>
>This form has two TxtBox Control name "TxtAccountNo" and "TxtAccountName"
>
>If User enters a Account No., It pulls the Account Name from Any One of these
>Table.
>
>I can do this if I have only one table.
>But tell me how can i do it while I have 4 tables for One Field of a table

It sounds like you might have a poorly designed database structure.
You seem to be saying that "accounts" could be in four different
tables, but one of them is called "tblAccounts".

But, to answer your question:  You could use a Union All query to
"vertically join" your 4 tables together, then use that query to look
up your textbox values.  To be accurate, AccountNo needs to be unique
across all 4 tables.  This approach might work, but I'm concerned that
it's just masking your design problem.

Armen Stein
Microsoft Access MVP
www.JStreetTech.com

0
Armen

Sorting / Pivot Table
Greetings. I'm using Excel 2007 (beta 2), and it's a fine product that I'm slowly learning how to use. Sorry to keep bothering the experts with so many questions. I was wondering if the following can be done, because I haven't found the answer in any help file. Let's say I have a column called HEB and another column called ENG (the English translation of the Hebrew words in HEB). Let's say I translated a certain Hebrew word in row 20055 (there are over 400000 rows in the spreadsheet) as "produce." What I want to do is check and see how I translate...

Can I set a filter on the source data for a pivot table
I want to exclude certain records from a pivot table... i.e., Buy/Sell Quantity B 5,000,000.00 S 5,000,000.00 B 1,000,000.00 B 10,000,000.00 S 7,000,000.00 B 500,000,000.00 S 200,000,000.00 Only inlcude "B" records. Can a pivot table be set up to filter? Thanks ChrisP You could add the Buy/Sell field to the page area of the pivot table, and select B from the dropdown list there. ChrisP wrote: > I want to exclude certain records from a pivot table... i.e., > > Buy/Sell Quantity > B 5,000,000.00 > S 5,000,000.00 > B 1,000,000.00 > B 10,000,000.00 &...

Multiple instances of outlook.exe killing me
Is there any utility, patch, or technique that I can employ that prevents multiple instances of outlook.exe from running? I'm not talking about the issue of Outlook getting stuck in RAM after I close it; I'm talking about while it is running. I am seeing five, six, seven, eight, and more outlook.exes when I check the Processes tab of Task Manager. They are like coat hangers in the closet -- they seem to appear out of nowhere... -- Rick A. Pleasanton CA > Is there any utility, patch, or technique that I can employ that > prevents multiple instances of outlook.exe f...

Data import for custom entities
Hello I created a new entity (CRM 3.0) and i'd like to import a big amount of data for this entity. Unfortunately the import wizard is useable for accounts, contact, leads and campaign responses only. Have anyone an idea to import data for custom entities? Thanks a lot If you can't find any other ways to import data to custom entities, you probably will need to use Scribe or C360's import tool. Scribe have a data migration license for 30 days for as little as $500 I believed. Hope this will help. Darren Liu Crowe Chizek http://www.crowecrm.com On Jul 30, 10:28 am, Gerd Gott...

Add phone, fax & email to Buyer ID table
If the buyer ID table contained the buyer's phone, fax & email, then it would be easy to add these to the PO form. If a vendor has a question, they certainly want to connect to the right person. The only workaround is to use en employee number for the buyer ID and hope the RW match is exact. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Micro...

Macros in Excel
I am trying to automate two function for multiple users of a series of microsoft files. While running a macro to create a new file for archiving specific data, I would like the user to be able to assign a filename while running the macro that creates the file. Is this possible? If so, how? Second, for the above mentioned file I would like to create a macro the automatically launches the send to mail recipient function, but allows the user to select the recipients from a corporate mail list while running the macro. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! Take a look at Appl...

Locate 1 Customer Account record by multiple names
Multiple entry lines for names on accounts. Many of our customers are same households with different last names. We would like to be able to put both names on the account and be able to locate the account by either name. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane....

Referenced cell displays formula, not data
I downloaded a form template and linked it to my data; when I use the = sign to insert my data into the template, some – though not all – cells display the formula of the cell reference rather than the data that is actually contained in the cell Example: Cell D10 in datasheet contains text; instead of displaying the text in the template, it shows the following formula that is the reference address: ='[data sheet.xlsx]'!$D$10 -- MZ Press CNTRL + TILDE Key whch is available above the Left Tab Key. Tilde key (`) or (~) Remember to Click Yes, if this post helps! ...

Maintaining the size of the excel tables
I have been trying to insert tables from excel into my publisher file. I tried to insert them as an object and they didnt look good. I used pase sepcial and inserted them as enhanced pictures and other time as an excel sheet. However, no matter what I do I cant get these tables to look the same as they are in the excel sheet. They dont maintain the size and neither the look. Either the table looks too loose or the letters and numbers looks bigger than the orginal. Any tips or advices please ? Maybe the solution would be to create a table in Publisher, copy the cells in Excel, p...

Data Access Pages Data Source
I have several data access pages I created with tables as the source. The tables are in Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express. I have since created queries and copied them into the database as a View. How do you change the data source from the linked tables to the Views? Thank you. it's not good idea to uase data access pages - they are not supported in latest Access versions. -- Dorian "Give someone a fish and they eat for a day; teach someone to fish and they eat for a lifetime". "Arturo" wrote: > I have several data access pages I created with...

How do I make a formula refer to given data even if I do a sort f.
I want to create a formula in a spreadsheet that refers to specific cells of data. However, I also want to be able to sort my data but keep the formula refering to the same information. IE, say I have a collumn of ten numbers. I would like to be able to have a formula take the average of the first 5 listed. If I then did a sort function of these ten numbers that changes the order of the numbers, I want my formula to have the same result because it is still referencing the correct information. ...

Referencing Data in a Pivot Table
I have created a pivot table which shows me total money spent in various accounting categories. I want to reference the sums this creates to subtract them from a total budget to give me a remaining total. Unfortunately, as the pivot table is updated, cell references change. This means that the total I used as say total spent on fuel may become total spent on salary. Can anyone help? You can use the GETPIVOTDATA function to extract data. Look in Excel's help for information and examples for your version of Excel. Brian wrote: > I have created a pivot table which shows me total mon...

Status on one sheet w/ data?
How do I setup a stats (sum, count or whatever) on the same page as the data and yet able to sort the data at will? If I add a count, for example, at the bottom of the data, and sort, the "count data" becomes part of the sorting!! Is there a stats that can be setup like a page footer thing? Sorry, I am not good at excel in this regard. Thanks, Perry When you sort, select only the data and not the cells with the statistics ? -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email <perryche@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1186399300.3...

importing *.csv data into two columns
I have a data file that is delimited as comma separated values: escentially one long row of comma separated values. I need to import this long string into two columns: read two comma separated fields and start entering data into a new row and repeat. There are no empty cells as column 1 always has a matching value in column 2 for that particular row. I would appreciate any help. Thank you. Brian brian wrote: > I have a data file that is delimited as comma separated > values: ... I need to import this long string into two > columns: ... This looks like a job for Excel's ...

multiple email addresses #4
hello i have one email like user@domain.com and i want that this user may receive emails of info@domain.com and webmaster@domain.com but i dont want to create different users. i want one user and multiple addresses. plz help me how to configure Hi Rana You can go to the users properties in Active Directory Users and Computers, go to the Email Address tab and add the extra email addresses that you want this user to receive mail at. -- Mark Fugatt Microsoft Limited This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Rana" <farooq.asla...

Publish multiple OWA servers on single ISA
Hi, I have my setup as follows : Internet <-> (*DMZ*) ISA Server (*DMZ*) <-> OWA1 server and OWA2 server ISA server has 1 ip address NAT'ed & OWA1 and OWA2 servers has one IP address each. I am under an impression that ISA can publish only one SSL enabled website. IS that correct ? How do i publish multiple SSL enabled websites on 443 ? Thanks in advance, On Thu, 16 Nov 2006 02:00:02 -0800, Jack Dorson <JackDorson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I have my setup as follows : > >Internet <-> (*DMZ*) ISA Server (*DMZ*) <->...

Data Synchronization Error
When I go online with a few of my CRM For Outlook Clients I get a 'Data Sychronization Error'. I am then provided with three options: 1. Proceed with going online, but save the data changes offline for the next time you synchronize. 2. Stay offline and try to fix the errors so all the data will synchronize 3. Finish going online and do not save the data changes made offline Here are some error examples which appear next to each piece of offline data: 1. Invalid activity regarding object. It probably does not exist 2. the record you are requesting is currently unavailable Any help ...

query data
Hi. I am building an aviation database. I am want to create a flight summary query that shows only Carrier Date of Flight Origin Destination Miles Flight Hours However, my result is a line for each passenger - for example If there were three passengers on one flight i am getting 3 lines with 3 x the miles and 3 x the hours. How do I return only one line per flight. Also, I want to be able to show flight details with all passenger names for each flight. Is a subreport the answer there? Thanks, JF -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com jefferysf via AccessMonster.com wr...

Web service on two tables
Please could anyone show me how to create a web service which accesses and updates information in two tables. I have seen examples in MSDN based on one table but these fail when using the DataAdapter Config Wizard tries to join two tables. Many thanks Gary, In my opinion will this always fail, it is not depending on the webservice. I searched for some messages, this one (and the thread) looked for me one who gives an idea, http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.adonet/msg/498476857ca1c062 I hope this helps cor Why don't you create sql state...

data slugs in Email activities
I am attempting to create an Email activity when a task is not completed. Within that Email I am trying to use data slugs to display the company infomration. This activity is created when an Order is fisrt created and is an Order workflow. I have the following code in the body of the Email: Customer: &contact.fullname;<BR> Order Name: &salesorder.name;<BR> Order Date: &salesorder.createdon;<BR> Order Description: &salesorder.description;<BR> Whne the Email is received by internal users it has the exact verbage above and does not display th...

Multiple Combo Boxes
Ihave a very simpe form with 3 Cbo's on it: Employee name Start Date End Date My main table stores tasks that each employee has done and when they did them. I have a report based a query so that I can see everything an employee has done within a certain date range. Originally I had a form with just employee Cbo which gave me everything the employee has done throughout history. Another form with a calendar and start and stop Cbo's which gave me data withing that date range, but for every employee. I created this new form so that I could see just one employee within the specified date...

Pivot Table
Hi guys I've made a massive pivot table.. however i want all rows which is 0 in one column to be hidden. Is there a setting for this, or do I have to make a macro to go and hide all rows which has 0 in a certain column ? Thansk -- Ctech ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Ctech's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27745 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=538405 First enter this small macro: Sub Macro1() Dim r As Range For Each r In Selection If r.Value = 0 Then ...

Multiple Clent connections from one server.
I know that you can run multiple server ports on one server via: ["C:\Program Files\Microsoft Retail Management System\Headquarters\HQServer.exe" -s sqlserver -c hq2 -u user -p password -a 34201] and by changing the port number for each instance so as not to bog down the HQ Server too badly. My question is there a similar way to run multiple clients from one computer. I prefer to take the responsibilty of having others making sure client is running. I know if their were additional command lines for this it should work--more than one security key per computer I guess also??...

Access 2000 Link to SQL Server db tables
I have a Access 2000 database that has approximately 100 tables. I would like to link the Access tables to SQL Server database tables to give better access to the report and forms in Access. Please let me know the best way to link Access tables to SQL Server database tables. Thanks, On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 12:36:03 -0800, Joe K. <Joe K.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >I have a Access 2000 database that has approximately 100 tables. I would >like to link the Access tables to SQL Server database tables to give better >access to the report and forms in Access. Plea...

merging sheet data (many into one)
greetings i have numerous bank statements, all formatted the same and all on different sheets. i want to merge them all into one sheet. kindly assist. gabriel Hi and how do you want to merge them (below each other, summing them?). Take a look at http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy2.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Gabriel Smit wrote: > greetings > i have numerous bank statements, all formatted the same and all on > different sheets. > i want to merge them all into one sheet. > kindly assist. > gabriel ...