Nested combo box

I have a database where I have a combobox field that you can pick the
raw materials that are used to make up a product.....

[ RAW MATERIALS  V]
  __   11111111111
  __   11111111112
  _X_  1111111113
  _X_ 11111111114

But each raw material has a list of alternatives, but not all are
approved for every product that uses that raw material.  So i need a
nested combo selection to choose which (if any are approved
alternative for that product)

[ RAW MATERIALS  V]
  __   11111111111
  __   11111111112
  _X_  1111111113
          ___  2222222221   // from approved alternatives list in Raw
material table
          _X_  2222222222   // approved alternative for this Raw
material for this product
          _X_  2222222223   // approved alternative for this Raw
material for this product
  _X_ 11111111114
         ___  3333333333    // none of the RM alternatives are
approved for this specific product
         ___  3333333334
         ___  3333333335

Please Advise

Thanks

Tom
0
OceanSeventyTwo

Search on "Cascading Comboboxes"

Regards

Jeff Boyce
Microsoft Access MVP

guarantee as to suitability.

possible/necessary.

"OceanSeventyTwo" <thomas.m.canty@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I have a database where I have a combobox field that you can pick the
> raw materials that are used to make up a product.....
>

> [ RAW MATERIALS  V]
>  __   11111111111
>  __   11111111112
>  _X_  1111111113
>  _X_ 11111111114
>

> But each raw material has a list of alternatives, but not all are
> approved for every product that uses that raw material.  So i need a
> nested combo selection to choose which (if any are approved
> alternative for that product)
>

> [ RAW MATERIALS  V]
>  __   11111111111
>  __   11111111112
>  _X_  1111111113
>          ___  2222222221   // from approved alternatives list in Raw
> material table
>          _X_  2222222222   // approved alternative for this Raw
> material for this product
>          _X_  2222222223   // approved alternative for this Raw
> material for this product
>  _X_ 11111111114
>         ___  3333333333    // none of the RM alternatives are
> approved for this specific product
>         ___  3333333334
>         ___  3333333335
>

> Please Advise
>
> Thanks
>
> Tom

0
Jeff

How do I use the "Correlation" dialog box with multiple ranges?
I'm using data in an Excel 2003 in a workbook, trying to see if there is any correlation between specific offices in which people work and the length of time they have been employed, their age the amount of sickleave taken and/or the amount of sickleave balance they have. I'm attempting to use Data Analysis and the Correlation dialog box. Although the dialog description tells me that I can use multiple comparison ranges, I don't see how to do it. Thanks for any help. Paulf6 - Arrange your data in list (database) format, i.e., names in the top row (Time Employed, Age, ...)...

List box not activating
Hi, I have about nine multi select list boxes on my worksheet through whic user can select multi items and then the selection is tansferred into another sheet. Everything was working okay but suddenly for the pas week by list boxes do not activate or get enabled when I open th workbook. Rather I have to click on the control toolbox edit button an then click on the respective list boxes to get them to work. I do not have any code running on the listboxes but rather I have code on a commandbutton which has no bearing on the workbook openin event. Please let me know what your thoughts are re...

win i delate an email from the in box the outlook restart it self
im useing apop mail, gmail on the outlook win i delate an email from the in box the programe (the outlook) restart it self or shut down ' plz help me what it can be th e proplem What version of Outlook are you using? Also, have you tried running ScanPST.EXE on your PST file? A post of the details of the error might be nice also. "azmi" <azmi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7C123E2A-CDBA-47EB-B77F-C9A39128D5E3@microsoft.com... > im useing apop mail, gmail on the outlook win i delate an email from the > in > box > the programe (the outl...

FS: Microsoft Digital Image Suite 9 (New in Box)
FS: Microsoft Digital Image Suite 9 (New in Box) I have for sale a new, still sealed in the box, Microsoft Digital Image Suite 9. Asking $60 + shipping. If you're interested, I can send you some JPG's of the package for your review. Thanks in advance! ...

Check Box as filter
Hello In a Continuous form in Access 2003, I have been using a txtbox for filter with the following code: If Not IsNull(Me.txtComID) Then strWhere = strWhere & "([ComID] Like """ & Me.txtComID & """) AND " End If I would like to use Check Boxes instead of textbox, but I have no idea how to do it. Already in the form I have these check boxes: chkA, ChkB, chkC, chkD and chkE. Any help is greatly appreciated Thanks in advance. Im new so take this for what its worth I use radio buttions and this kind of code ...

How to cancel or stop update dialog box when I start Microsoft Money 2006.
Hi all, How to cancel or stop update dialog box when I start Microsoft Money 2006. It always show me: "Please wait while Money checks for software updates. This might take several minutes." Thanks, Rowen ...

Changing font size in a list box
I have a listbox object on my spread sheet, and the font is about 1/3 the size of the rest of the sheet. I have checked the properties of the listbox (right click, properties) and there is no mention of changing font or size. Is there a way to control this? I was hopping it would use the font size from the source, but I was wrong. Any help would be appreciated. If you use the listbox from the Forms toolbar, you can't change the font. If you use the listbox from the Control toolbox toolbar, you can. It's under properties. jones.derek@jdirving.com wrote: > > I have ...

Check Box in Excel #2
Dear All, I need to create a check box in excel so that when I click on the box, a tick mark should come in the box. Can anyone please help. Regards, Jaipal You can show the Forms toolbar and click on the checkbox and draw it where you want it on the worksheet. jaipal1@gmail.com wrote: > > Dear All, > > I need to create a check box in excel so that when I click on the box, > a tick mark should come in the box. > > Can anyone please help. > > Regards, > Jaipal -- Dave Peterson Hi, Please check your other post for multiple answers. We discourage multi...

Validation
Anyone know if there is a way to do this? I would like to change the width of the box (and perhaps the color, border, etc.) Thanks! Esme -- EsmereldaPea ------------------------------------------------------------------------ EsmereldaPea's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=14699 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=263216 Hi not possible -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "EsmereldaPea" <EsmereldaPea.1d3g40@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:EsmereldaPea.1d3g40@excelforum-...

Outlook 2003
I just upgraded a user from Outlook 2K to 2K3. He has a Word document that he e-mails to customers. The Word doc has a text box imbedded in it. When the e-mail and attachment is viewed under Outlook 2K3, the text box is not visible. If I copy the attached doc to the desktop - all is OK. I tried to do a save as - same issue. The Word doc was done under a previous version of Word - how far back, I do not know. Thanks in advance! JohnnyMn <JohnnyMn@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I just upgraded a user from Outlook 2K to 2K3. He has a Word document &g...

Combo Boxes #3
I have a combo box item inside a tree control. Is it possible to add strings to that combo box dynamically, after it has been initialized? Thanks. Jess Sure, you should be able to use AddString() to add additional items to the combo box. You could also use DeleteString() to remove items. Tom "Jessica Weiner" <jessica@gmail.com> wrote in message news:aXpNf.26203$_S7.23133@newssvr14.news.prodigy.com... >I have a combo box item inside a tree control. Is it possible to add >strings to that combo box dynamically, after it has been initialized? > > Thanks. >...

combo box to select a table
I have written some VBA code in a module which works without fault. However, I want to create a combo box on a form to select a table (from the available tables) so that the name of the table can be passed to this VBA code, but I cannot remember how to create this combo box. Any ideas anyone? -- Life is like a toilet roll - the closer you get to the end, the faster it gets! On Fri, 12 Feb 2010 05:10:04 -0800, Simka <Simka@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: You can either select from the system table MSysObjects, or write some VBA code to populate the listbox from the T...

How to remove the alternative text box from the publisher email?
Hi, I have created a publisher email and have email it to myself for testing view. I find there is a small alternative text box appearing whenever my mouse cursor station at any point of the email. How to remove this alternative text box from the publisher email? Help... -- Thank you, Cpviv Sounds like all the text has was converted to an image. Try to select the text and you will see it is an image. Go to tools > Options > Web tab and under Email options uncheck the option to send as an image. If that doesn't fix the problem, reference: Tips and troubleshooting for ...

Subquery nested in Update query
I am trying to update a columns with a column from a subquery and I receive "an operation must use updateable query" UPDATE MyTable SET MyField = (Select TheField from TheTable where TheField >1) How should I do this? On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 07:41:03 -0800, JoeA2006 <JoeA2006@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am trying to update a columns with a column from a subquery and I receive >"an operation must use updateable query" > >UPDATE MyTable SET MyField = (Select TheField from TheTable where TheField >1) > >How should I do this? The subque...

setting tab order of edit boxes
i made a edit and combo boxes dynamically at run time. now i want to set the tab order of that boxes. i used setwindowpos() but it did not work, i am facing problem in giving parameters . please help me in detail. thanks. "wasiq akram" <wasiqakram117@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1146307384.161817.86650@v46g2000cwv.googlegroups.com... > i made a edit and combo boxes dynamically at run time. now i want to > set the tab order of that boxes. i used setwindowpos() but it did not > work, i am facing problem in giving parameters . please help me in > detail. > ...

Tab out of combo box?
I have embeded a forms combo box in an Excel spreadsheet. Everything seems to be working the way I want it to with one exception. After selecting or entering a value I can't tab out of it to go to the next cell. Can this be changed? Thanks ...

Nesting an additional formula in an IF statement
I have an existing calculation in a column, when I drag the formula down - I rec'v a #DIV/O - I need to insert a "Serror" in my existing formula but unsure how to complete this? My formula: In M5 =IF((H5/E5)=0,0%,(H5/E5)-1) My formula works great, but I want it to show a blank cell (or 0%) so I can use the sum of M5:M66 in another cell to show an average =AVERAGEA(M5:M66) without rec'v a #DIV/0 (error) Many thanks!! This tweak should suffice In M5: =IF(E5=0,0%,(H5/E5)-1) -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 Downloads:23,000 Files:370 Subscribers:66 xdeme...

Bullets appear as Boxes in all documents
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi. I'm using Word 2008 (12.2.3) on an Intel Mac Snow Leopard (10.6.2). I was having a problem superficially similar to one that mwheat reported about a week ago, but with this crucial difference: I didn't have access to bullets in any document (i.e. they appear as empty boxes). The only bullet that worked was the tiny bullet; all the others showed up correctly in the Formatting Palette, but showed up as empty, non-printing boxes in my documents. <br><br>While writing up a query to the forums...

Combo Box Column Not Being Displayed
In an Access 2007 form I have a combo box based on a table with 2 fields. Although I have the Column Count set to 2 and column width for both, only the bound column displays when the cbo is closed. Only when I open the cbo does the other column display. Is this by design? Thanks, James Yes: the combo is designed to show only one column when not dropped down. One alternative is to place a text box alongside the combo, and set its Control Source to: =[Combo1].Column(1) The first column is zero, so Column(1) shows the 2nd column of Combo1. Another alternative is to concatenate the valu...

print quality settings box greyed out
Hi In the page setup is the print quality setting supposed to be greyed out? The reason I ask is because I am supposed to have all worksheets in my workbook the same print quality or I can't convert it in Adobe Acrobat 6. -- Regards ON2DVD Ph 1300799383 http://www.on2dvd.com.au http://dvdquestions.com.au Certain settings are unavailable when you access SetUp from the Print Preview window. Start from <File> <Page SetUp>. -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ======================...

Check Box Error
I have an Access form for entering a new order. There are 4 options for the turnaround of the order. This is a form we have been using for at least 4 years without problems. The user selects one of the turnaround options using the check box options. Yesterday, mysteriously, when the user opens the form, ALL 4 check boxes are checked and the user cannot uncheck the box. We have 10 users of this Access application but only 2 users are experiencing this problem. We tried to load new versions of the applications for the 2 users, loading older versions of the application for the 2 users - bu...

find record using combo box
I want to use combo box to locate a name. After update, the combo box shows the name but the form does not move to the record of combobox. Here is my code: Private Sub cboLook_AfterUpdate() Dim rs As DAO.Recordset 'Search in the clone set. Set rs = Me.RecordsetClone rs.FindFirst "[name]= """ & Me.cboLook & """" 'Display the found record in the form. Me.Bookmark = rs.Bookmark frmFlexSubform.SetFocus Set rs = Nothing End Sub You have a field named Name? Access ...

Locking Check Boxes
I have a form where i want to select one option or the other, so a user will have a laptop OR a desktop. i want to be able to only select one of the check boxes and also lock the check box after the new record has been updated. any help on this would be great... hi Mel, On 27.04.2010 13:19, Mel wrote: > I have a form where i want to select one option or the other, so a user will > have a laptop OR a desktop. i want to be able to only select one of the check > boxes and also lock the check box after the new record has been updated. Use an Option Group and add two new ...

Broken Text Box Link
Greetings, I have a 16 page booklet that I've created in Publisher 2002. I've linked all the pages using the Text Box Link tool. Somehow the link between pages 12 and 13 is missing so some text at the bottom of page 12 goes into overflow instead of autoflowing onto page 13. I've tried linking the two pages together but the link tool won't let me link 12 to 13 or vice versa. In both cases a dialog box tells me that I can't link the two. If, for example, I select the Page 12 text box the dialog box says that publisher can not connect a box to itself. If I move the cup to p...

Outlook Ex[ress 6.0 BCC in Sent Box
I am using Win XP Outlook Express 6.0 After I send mail using the BCC Email in the sent box does not show the BCC recipients, even after I select "all headers" Hi, Hal - This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an Outlook Express news group. Try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x microsoft.public.window...