Linking to record in form view

I would like to have a link in one of the columns in my table view that will
take the user to that record displayed in a form view.  Is this possible to
do in an existing base?

Thanks.

You can create a search on your form that will display a selected record.

Steve
santus@penn.com

"TES" <TES@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I would like to have a link in one of the columns in my table view that
>will
> take the user to that record displayed in a form view.  Is this possible
> do in an existing base?
>
> Thanks.

0
Steve
2/10/2010 6:48:17 PM
"Steve" <notmyemail@address.com> schreef in bericht news:uKekdGoqKHA.5940@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> You can create a search on your form that will display a selected record.

Good answer $teve...
but
Get lost $teve.  Go away... far away....
No-one wants you here... no-one needs you here...

OP look at http://home.tiscali.nl/arracom/whoissteve.html
(Website has been updated and has a new 'look'...  we have passed 11.000 pageloads... it's a shame !!)

For those who don't 'agree' with this mail , because $teve was 'helping' with his post...
We warned him a thousand times...  Sad, but he is not willing to stop advertising...

He is just toying with these groups... advertising like hell... on and on... for years...
oh yes... and sometimes he answers questions... indeed...
and sometimes good souls here give him credit for that...

==> We are totally 'finished' with $teve now...
==> Killfile 'StopThisAdvertising' and you won't see these mails....

Arno R

0
Stop
2/10/2010 9:15:21 PM
TES,

Not from table view but it can be done using a form.  You can create a form
to look like your table and place a hyperlink on it to open another form,
with something like...

DoCmd.OpenForm "YourFormName"

Tables are meant to just hold the data not interact with it.

--
Gina Whipp
2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)

II

"TES" <TES@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
I would like to have a link in one of the columns in my table view that will
take the user to that record displayed in a form view.  Is this possible to
do in an existing base?

Thanks.

0
Gina
2/10/2010 9:19:33 PM
As Gina says, create a form to query your table and display it in datasheet
or continuous form view. On one of the text boxes of the form (e.g.
LastName), establish a double-click event that executes this code:
    DoCmd.OpenForm FormName:="YourFormName", View:=acNormal, OpenArgs:=txtID

Where txtID is the tex box on your datasheet view that contains the unique
identifier of the row on which you clicked.

In the Load event of YourFormaName, insert this code:
    If Len(Nz(OpenArgs, "") > 0 Then
        Me.RecordSet.Clone.FindFirst "[ID]=" & OpenArgs
        Me.Bookmark =   Me.RecordSet.Clone.Bookmark
    End If

Where [ID] is the name of field in the TABLE which is the datasource for the
form.
An alternative method:
     DoCmd.OpenForm FormName:="YourFormName", View:=acNormal,
WhereCondition:="[ID]=" & txtID

Then you don't need anything in the Load event of the form.
Differences: With the first method, the user can navigate over the
datasource of the form. In the second, the form is limited to displaying the
one record identified by the value of ID.

"Gina Whipp" <NotInterested@InViruses.com> wrote in message
> TES,
>
> Not from table view but it can be done using a form.  You can create a
> form
> to look like your table and place a hyperlink on it to open another form,
> with something like...
>
> DoCmd.OpenForm "YourFormName"
>
> Tables are meant to just hold the data not interact with it.
>
> --
> Gina Whipp
> 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
>
> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors
> II
>
> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
>
> "TES" <TES@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I would like to have a link in one of the columns in my table view that
> will
> take the user to that record displayed in a form view.  Is this possible
> do in an existing base?
>
> Thanks.

0
TedMi
2/10/2010 10:14:01 PM
As Gina says, you need to create a form whose data source is the table in
question. Display the form in datasheet or continuous view. On one of the
fields of the form, establish a double-click event that executes this code:
    DoCmd.OpenForm FormName:="YourFormName", View=acNormal,
WhereCondition:="[ID]= & txtID

Where YourFormName is designed to display a single record from your table
(presumably with more detail than displayed in the datasheet view), txtID is
the name of the control holding the unique identifier of the row on which
you clicked, and [ID] is the name of the field in the underlying table that
holds this identifier.

This method will limit the single-record form to the one record identified
by ID. If you would to allow the user to navigate to other records in
single-record view, use this instead:
    DoCmd.OpenForm FormName:="YourFormName", View=acNormal, OpenArgs:=txtID

Then in the Load event of YourFormName, execute this code:

    If Len(Nz(OpenArgs, "")) > 0 Then
        Me.Recordset.Clone.FindFirst "[ID]=" & OpenArgs
        Me.Recordset.Bookmark = Me.Recordset.Clone.Bookmark
    End If
Good luck!

-TedMi

"Gina Whipp" <NotInterested@InViruses.com> wrote in message
> TES,
>
> Not from table view but it can be done using a form.  You can create a
> form
> to look like your table and place a hyperlink on it to open another form,
> with something like...
>
> DoCmd.OpenForm "YourFormName"
>
> Tables are meant to just hold the data not interact with it.
>
> --
> Gina Whipp
> 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
>
> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors
> II
>
> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
>
> "TES" <TES@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I would like to have a link in one of the columns in my table view that
> will
> take the user to that record displayed in a form view.  Is this possible
> do in an existing base?
>
> Thanks.

0
TedMi

Inserting a file "link" in outlook 2002
Having an issue trying to insert a link (not a hyperlink, don't want users to know the path to the file) into a post, which is directed out to a file on a server. These posts that were previously created were done in exchange, which we were able to insert a shortcut which was only a shorcut and it open the version of the file that is on the server. Now....having upgraded to XP and now on outlook 2002 we are unable to do this. When inserting a file you do not have to option to insert as a link, it inserts the whole entire file. It needs to be just be a shortcut as when they ma...

Limit of # of different custom views & Automate printing diff view
I have an expense report worksheet consisting of 12 tabs. Each tab has areas for the appropriate number of weeks that month for doing expenses. I created custom views (thanks for the help on that 12/27). I did the 4 views for Jan tab but when I tried to do it for the Feb tab it goes through all the steps but doesn't actually show the view as it did in the Jan tab. Why? How do I get around this? How can I put buttons on each tab to allow someone to automatically view then print a given week's expense report? Thanks for any assistance. I think you have to make the Views yo...

How can I scan a text form into a fillable word doc?
I have an HP psc 2210xi all-in-one printer/scanner. I am trying to scan an application (job application) onto my pc (Dell - XP operating system) as a fillable usable form that I can make changes to. I am using MS Office suite 2007. Can I do it in word or should it be a different MS Application? Thank you, Cecelala Cecelala wrote: > I have an HP psc 2210xi all-in-one printer/scanner. I am trying to scan an > application (job application) onto my pc (Dell - XP operating system) as a > fillable usable form that I can make changes to. I am using MS Office suite > 2...

Multiple search change calendar view
Hi Here's my problem : I go 2 calendar My view is day/week/month with preview When I do more than one search with the little search (not advanced) box, go to another folder then go back to calendar, view is changed to "active appointements". How can i prevent this ? Thanks Fred ...

New record in second form
I have two forms; Form 1 and Form 2. What I want to know is that is it possible to add a new record in Form 2 through Form 1, i.e. have a command button in Form 1 which when clicked will add a new record to Form 2? Thanks On Jun 29, 5:42 pm, AKphidelt <AKphid...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > What do you mean by this? You want to add a new record to Form 2's recordset > or listbox or what? yes i want to add a new record to form 2's recordset On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 10:05:17 -0700, Asif <asifhashmani@hotmail.com> wrote: >On Jun 29, 5:42 pm, AKphidelt <AKp...

Form closing unexpectedly without error
Morning all. I'm seeing something really strange on a form I'm reviewing, wondering if anyone can offer any suggestions. Access XP/ Windows XP. I'm opening the form to add a new record with: DoCmd.OpenForm "frmInventoryItem", _ DataMode:=acFormAdd, windowmode:=acWindowNormal Only one field on this form is required. If I enter the required field, everything happens as I would expect. If I do not fill it in, then: * If I close the form by clicking on the "x" in the upper right corner, I'm prompted twice: once that "The field '...

Need to be able to view BOMs for buy items
We have subassemblies that we have designed which go into our primary finished good. We don't make them as they involve processes which we cannot perform in-house. We do own the subassembly and as such need to keep drawings and specs for the subassembly. The easiest way to track the setup of the subassembly is to maintain a BOM. However it is important that the item be treated as a buy item for production purposes. The costs need to reflect the costs we must pay to the vendor for production. As such I had previously defined this item as a Make item so that I could enter the BOM. Now...

Recording budget item expenses
I set up a monthly budget. Now I want to enter expenses in various items such as groceries or gifts, etc to show my actual expenses for each category, allowing me to keep track of when I am getting close to my budgeted amount for that item. But I can't figure out how to do this. I'm sure the process is simple, but I am presently stumped. You enter transactions in a Money Account register just like in a check register. When you do this, you can categorize the expenses. These categories track back to the budget categories. Have you entered any transactions? Created any accounts? ...

MX records not responsive in DNS
When I enter a new MX record, DNS is not recognizing it. I can go to another domain, emulate its setup precisely, and it will not be visible externally. In a domain that I do have running, if I delete the working MX record and re-enter it, it will not work if queried externally, but it was working fine before I deleted it. I also noticed when I sort using the data column, the old entries sort with the MX records all in order. If I enter a new one, the new one that is NOT working shows up below the SOA in the list, while the working one will be above the SOA in the sort ord...

Using previous record to perform calculation
Here's my query: CONum PONum POTotal COTotal RevTotal 1 18 $855 $12,500 -$11,645 2 18 -$11,645 $30,000 -$41,645 and so on... I want to know how I can copy the previous record value of RevTotal to POTotal to subtract COTotal and keep this going. This is really simple but I'm having hell of a time getting this right. Any help would be appreciated. could you generate a report based on this query with a group header for PONum create an unbound field for RevTotal in the ...

Form/Subform Synchronization
I have two form/subforms. The main forms have command buttons that enable the other form/subform. The subforms are identical with the exception of three text boxes. The forms are exactly the same. The main form has a list box that tells Access which record to retrieve. The two subforms get out of sync when I use the command buttons to toggle between the ‘expanded’ and ‘compressed’ views of information for each record. The command buttons use an After Update event to load the form/subform combinations. How do I keep the subforms on the same record in the table? This is an at...

Unable to insert record in table
Hi, Using SQL Server 2005. I have a table with one required field (key field, var type int) and various other optional fields. Yesterday, my Access VBA code failed to action the following SQL statement: INSERT INTO ORDERS (OrderID) VALUES (9121165) I got a time out error and a report that the record could not be inserted (error code -2147217887). So I opened SQL Server Managment studio and opened the table. When I tried to insert a new record using the same OrderId, I first got a timeout error and could not add the record. AFter OK'ing the error, I was able to cli...

User Form
I am creating a user form. One of the fields is for the date of birth of the person being entered. The person being entered has to be between 14 and 16 on the date of entry. Is there a way to set up some type of validation so that if the person isn't between 14 and 16 an error message will pop up? If so, how? Thanks. There's a function called =datedif() that you can use. Select your cell (I used A1). Data|Validation Custom formula: =AND(DATEDIF(A1,TODAY(),"y")>13,DATEDIF(A1,TODAY(),"y")<17) First, take a look at Chip Pearson's notes at: http://ww...

Using a combo box in an Excel form
I'm experienced with Excel & VBA, but new to using Excel to create a form. I would like to simply use a cell as a drop down. Not knowing if that is possible, I have added a combo box to the spreasheet, but I am unclear how the data entered/selected in the drop down will be stored. Is it stored as a VB variable associated with the control or do I link the control to a cell to store the data? To define the values in the drop down/combo box, do I have to use cell references or can I write in the values in the properties (writing them in hasn't worked for me)? Finally, what ...

Form Grouping
Qt based on Access 2007 I cannot seem to find a way to UN-GROUP text boxes on Forms created with the Form Wizard Any help would be appreciated On Sat, 5 Dec 2009 16:12:01 -0800, zyzzyva <zyzzyva@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Select the controls, then click Remove on the Arrange ribbon. -Tom. Microsoft Access MVP >Qt based on Access 2007 > >I cannot seem to find a way to UN-GROUP text boxes on Forms created with the >Form Wizard > >Any help would be appreciated ...

CRM 4.0 : How to manage a datagrid in a form ?
Hello, I have the following issue regarding the management of a meeting : - manage invitation for at least 1000 people. - manage the type of people : participants, organizer, speaker - manage the answer to the invitation After the meeting, I need to check the status of the people invited (present, not present). I was thinking to use the appointment entity but there is no way to manage the type of people, invitation's answer ... If you have experienced this type of issue or concept, please let me know how did you manage it. Thanks, -- Cyril CRM consultant ...

Spreadsheet for customer product form
Hi, I am new and this is my first post. So please forgive me in advance fo my ignorance but I only know the basics of Excel right now. I have bee searching the web for days and finally came across your forum. What I am trying to accomplish is I want customers to be able to selec from a long list of products. How do I make several drop down list where they can select a product o more than one product in the list and then the product they select wit the information they input on that row, like quantity etc. will b added to another spreadsheet, and that spread sheet the rows will g one aft...

Linking 2 separte company account in a GP system
Hi, I would like users to test out certain features of GP in a separate company account in the same Micosoft GP server. However, I do not want them to re-enter the same data to the exisitng company account (to save data entry time). I was wondering if there is a way I can update the one company account with data from another company account in the same GP system. Thks. 1.) Take note of the Registration keys for the mirror company (take note of the company name and regisration keys) (Tools -> Setup -> System -> Registration 2.) Backup the original, live database 3.) Restore t...

Filter form with 2 combo boxes error
Hi everyone, I have a little problem filtering two fields in a continuous form :( Private Sub filtro_Click() Dim ftrcand As String Dim ftrseccao As String ftrcand = "[desig_candidatura_a] = '" & Me!cand_a & "'" ftrseccao = "[gt design] = '" & Me!gt & "'" If ((Not IsNull(Me.cand_a)) And (((Not IsNull(Me.gt)) ))) Then Me.Filter = "[desig_candidatura_a] = '" & Me!cand_a & "'" and "[gt design] = '" & Me!gt & "'" Me.FilterOn = True End If Bo...

Need Records from 2 Tables
I have an Employee table in Access that is updated weekly from a Payroll system. If someone is terminated, they will no longer be in this table. It was suggested I create a "History" table to keep from losing these terminated records. BUT, this would mean when I query to find an associate, I would need to look at all the records from the Employee Table, and just the unmatched records in the "History" table. With what I know of joins, there isn't a way to do this. So what do I do? Any help would be greatly appreciated!! PB, If you move the terminated empl...

How to restart tab index on subform after moving to next record?
I have added three subforms to a main form and set tab indexes for several fields on each subform. The first time tab through the forms, the cursor tabs correctly through the mainform and subform fields. When I create anew recordonthe mainform, the subforms show blank entriews as they should, but when I tab to them, the cursor goes to the last indexed field on each subform rather than the first as it shoiuld have (and did) on the previous tab run. Why is this and how can I fix it? Hello "cybersafe". "cybersafe" wrote: > I have added three subforms to a main f...

Linked Table
Hi, I have a Access 2003 mdb that I have used for years that has worked OK. Recently one of my queries malfunctioned to an external Progress db's linked table. Specifically, the query's table list is missing many of the fields in the table though when I inspect the linked table in the Tables Objects Section I see all the fields. How can I fix my query? TIA, Dan Why post the same question in different newsgroups? (already answered in the other newsgroups you posted in). If your situation is one of the (few) unusual circumstances in which it is necessary/appropriat...

Form problem 03-11-08
Hi there, I have an input form to capture records to linked SQL tables. the one form opens up with a blank screen on a new record, which is right. The other form opens up with a record loaded... I've looked at every single property for the form, but cannot see a difference between the two forms. Also, the tables that the forms are linked to are identical in setup. Can you help?! On Tue, 11 Mar 2008 08:05:01 -0700, PsyberFox <PsyberFox@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi there, > >I have an input form to capture records to linked SQL tables. the one form >opens...

Form size and Global.js file in the CRM or SFA's .JS
In 3.0 I used the .JS to control individual form sizes. Can this still be done on 4.0 as I have used some other on-open methods and the form size is seen to open and reset each time which is a little slow and 'untidy'. If so does anyone have a sample script? ...

Change Date By Macro or Code Leaving Only One Record
Hi, I have a table called RUNDATE which has only one record in the date which my whole program looks at as the running date. I would like to run a Macro on a form or a Code upon which once I press it that single date in that table to change to the next day, lets say from 3/5/07 to 4/5/07 to delete the previous record of the 3/5/07 and to be left only with one record with the new date in this case lets say 4/5/07. Much Appreciated make a query of this single record table field - and then put that query into your form as a subform.....you can keep it not visible if you wish......