I need help setting up my database

I used Access in the past, so I have a general idea on how to use it, but now
I have Microsoft 2007, so it's not as familiar.  I currently have an excel
document with staff names and drills they have performed.  The drills include
dates, times, an observer, and if they passed or failed.  I had considered
doing something where I had a table with all my staff, and then connecting
tables for each person to list out the specifics for their drills.  I don't
know how to link the relationship with that though because the table name was
the staff's name, so there wasn't a similar piece of data to link the two
tables.  I need to be able to see how each individiual person is doing.  I
also want to be able to see who has or hasn't been drilled in a specific
month.

TblStaff
StaffID
FirstName
MI
LastName
<other staff fields>

TblDrill
DrillID
DrillDescription

TblDrillPerformedByStaff
DrillPerformedByStaffID
StaffID
DrillID
DrillDate
DrillStartTime
DrillEndTime
DrillObserver
PassFail

Steve
santus@penn.com

"kmr" <kmr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I used Access in the past, so I have a general idea on how to use it, but
>now
> I have Microsoft 2007, so it's not as familiar.  I currently have an excel
> document with staff names and drills they have performed.  The drills
> include
> dates, times, an observer, and if they passed or failed.  I had considered
> doing something where I had a table with all my staff, and then connecting
> tables for each person to list out the specifics for their drills.  I
> don't
> know how to link the relationship with that though because the table name
> was
> the staff's name, so there wasn't a similar piece of data to link the two
> tables.  I need to be able to see how each individiual person is doing.  I
> also want to be able to see who has or hasn't been drilled in a specific
> month.

0
Steve
3/12/2010 8:55:58 PM
Hello Kmr,

You'd benefit from some general wording, others are better than I at citing
sources for this.

But here's a framework .

A table of staff, with "one-to-one" type info on each staff member.    Add
an autonumber primary key field named "StaffID"

A table of drills, with all of the "one to one" data for drills, and then
add an integer field "StaffID".

Then link "StaffID" to "StaffID"

There are tricks to use so that you don't have to reenter data.   I think
there's a wizard for this.

Sincerely,

Fred

"kmr" wrote:

> I used Access in the past, so I have a general idea on how to use it, but now
> I have Microsoft 2007, so it's not as familiar.  I currently have an excel
> document with staff names and drills they have performed.  The drills include
> dates, times, an observer, and if they passed or failed.  I had considered
> doing something where I had a table with all my staff, and then connecting
> tables for each person to list out the specifics for their drills.  I don't
> know how to link the relationship with that though because the table name was
> the staff's name, so there wasn't a similar piece of data to link the two
> tables.  I need to be able to see how each individiual person is doing.  I
> also want to be able to see who has or hasn't been drilled in a specific
> month.
It's a compliment that you plagarized my response !!!!

Steve

"Fred" <Fred@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello Kmr,
>
> You'd benefit from some general wording, others are better than I at
> citing
> sources for this.
>
> But here's a framework .
>
> A table of staff, with "one-to-one" type info on each staff member.    Add
> an autonumber primary key field named "StaffID"
>
> A table of drills, with all of the "one to one" data for drills, and then
> add an integer field "StaffID".
>
> Then link "StaffID" to "StaffID"
>
> There are tricks to use so that you don't have to reenter data.   I think
> there's a wizard for this.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Fred
>

> "kmr" wrote:
>
>> I used Access in the past, so I have a general idea on how to use it, but
>> now
>> I have Microsoft 2007, so it's not as familiar.  I currently have an
>> excel
>> document with staff names and drills they have performed.  The drills
>> include
>> dates, times, an observer, and if they passed or failed.  I had
>> considered
>> doing something where I had a table with all my staff, and then
>> connecting
>> tables for each person to list out the specifics for their drills.  I
>> don't
>> know how to link the relationship with that though because the table name
>> was
>> the staff's name, so there wasn't a similar piece of data to link the two
>> tables.  I need to be able to see how each individiual person is doing.
>> also want to be able to see who has or hasn't been drilled in a specific
>> month.

0
Steve
3/13/2010 2:41:08 AM
Get a life stevie. When two people have similar trivial answers, that is NOT
plagarism.

John... Visio MVP

"Steve" <notmyemail@address.com> wrote in message
> It's a compliment that you plagarized my response !!!!
>
> Steve
>

> "Fred" <Fred@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Hello Kmr,
>>
>> You'd benefit from some general wording, others are better than I at
>> citing
>> sources for this.
>>
>> But here's a framework .
>>
>> A table of staff, with "one-to-one" type info on each staff member.
>> Add
>> an autonumber primary key field named "StaffID"
>>
>> A table of drills, with all of the "one to one" data for drills, and then
>> add an integer field "StaffID".
>>
>> Then link "StaffID" to "StaffID"
>>
>> There are tricks to use so that you don't have to reenter data.   I think
>> there's a wizard for this.
>>
>> Sincerely,
>>
>> Fred
>>

>> "kmr" wrote:
>>
>>> I used Access in the past, so I have a general idea on how to use it,
>>> but now
>>> I have Microsoft 2007, so it's not as familiar.  I currently have an
>>> excel
>>> document with staff names and drills they have performed.  The drills
>>> include
>>> dates, times, an observer, and if they passed or failed.  I had
>>> considered
>>> doing something where I had a table with all my staff, and then
>>> connecting
>>> tables for each person to list out the specifics for their drills.  I
>>> don't
>>> know how to link the relationship with that though because the table
>>> name was
>>> the staff's name, so there wasn't a similar piece of data to link the
>>> two
>>> tables.  I need to be able to see how each individiual person is doing.
>>> also want to be able to see who has or hasn't been drilled in a specific
>>> month.

0
John
3/13/2010 4:19:59 AM
So you can't spell either, moron?

On 13/03/2010 02:41, Steve wrote:
> It's a compliment that you plagarized my response !!!!
>
> Steve

0
Bilky_White
3/14/2010 2:22:27 PM
Yeah, I read yours, and wrote my response in a totally different way and then
posted it,  all in 60 seconds.

If you are going to make baseless swipes (e.g. "plagarized") you should at
least look at the time stamps so that you don't look too stupid.

I posted at 4:55PM and you posted at 5:32PM. That's more than 60 seconds
later. You should at least learn some math so that you don't look too
stupid.

> Yeah, I read yours, and wrote my response in a totally different way and
> then
> posted it,  all in 60 seconds.
>
> If you are going to make baseless swipes (e.g. "plagarized") you should at
> least look at the time stamps so that you don't look too stupid.

0
Steve
3/15/2010 5:57:34 PM
Two words... TIME ZONES

--
Gina Whipp
2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)

II

I posted at 4:55PM and you posted at 5:32PM. That's more than 60 seconds
later. You should at least learn some math so that you don't look too
stupid.

"Fred" <Fred@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Yeah, I read yours, and wrote my response in a totally different way and
> then
> posted it,  all in 60 seconds.
>
> If you are going to make baseless swipes (e.g. "plagarized") you should at
> least look at the time stamps so that you don't look too stupid.

0
Gina
3/15/2010 7:00:44 PM
One word ...... STUPID

Time Zones have at least one hour difference. Put your mind in gear before
running at the moth to butt in.

"Gina Whipp" <NotInterested@InViruses.com> wrote in message
> Two words... TIME ZONES
>
> --
> Gina Whipp
> 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
>
> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors
> II
>
> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
>
> "Steve" <notmyemail@address.com> wrote in message
> I posted at 4:55PM and you posted at 5:32PM. That's more than 60 seconds
> later. You should at least learn some math so that you don't look too
> stupid.
>

> "Fred" <Fred@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Yeah, I read yours, and wrote my response in a totally different way and
>> then
>> posted it,  all in 60 seconds.
>>
>> If you are going to make baseless swipes (e.g. "plagarized") you should
>> at
>> least look at the time stamps so that you don't look too stupid.

0
Steve
3/15/2010 7:25:04 PM
Make that mouth not moth.

> One word ...... STUPID
>
> Time Zones have at least one hour difference. Put your mind in gear before
> running at the moth to butt in.
>

> "Gina Whipp" <NotInterested@InViruses.com> wrote in message
>> Two words... TIME ZONES
>>
>> --
>> Gina Whipp
>> 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
>>
>> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" -
>> Tremors
>> II
>>
>> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
>>
>> "Steve" <notmyemail@address.com> wrote in message
>> I posted at 4:55PM and you posted at 5:32PM. That's more than 60 seconds
>> later. You should at least learn some math so that you don't look too
>> stupid.
>>

>> "Fred" <Fred@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Yeah, I read yours, and wrote my response in a totally different way and
>>> then
>>> posted it,  all in 60 seconds.
>>>
>>> If you are going to make baseless swipes (e.g. "plagarized") you should
>>> at
>>> least look at the time stamps so that you don't look too stupid.

0
Steve
3/15/2010 8:36:20 PM
Oh my goodness... 1 hour difference would explain the 60 seconds Fred was
referring to but then again that probably went over your head.  Moving
along...

--
Gina Whipp
2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)

II

One word ...... STUPID

Time Zones have at least one hour difference. Put your mind in gear before
running at the moth to butt in.

"Gina Whipp" <NotInterested@InViruses.com> wrote in message
> Two words... TIME ZONES
>
> --
> Gina Whipp
> 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
>
> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors
> II
>
> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
>
> "Steve" <notmyemail@address.com> wrote in message
> I posted at 4:55PM and you posted at 5:32PM. That's more than 60 seconds
> later. You should at least learn some math so that you don't look too
> stupid.
>

> "Fred" <Fred@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Yeah, I read yours, and wrote my response in a totally different way and
>> then
>> posted it,  all in 60 seconds.
>>
>> If you are going to make baseless swipes (e.g. "plagarized") you should
>> at
>> least look at the time stamps so that you don't look too stupid.

0
Gina
3/15/2010 8:59:55 PM
Oh my goodness .... You can't follow simple directions. Iy was suggested you
put your mind in gear before running at the mouth critizing. A 1 hour
difference does not explain 60 seconds! Next you are probably going to say
that the change to Daylight Savings explains the 60 seconds (: To repeat,
one word ....... STUPID. Telling time apparently goes over your head. I
guess telling time is not a prerecquiste for becoming an MVP.  Moving along

PS Look in the mirror at the color of your hair to see if it is blond

> Oh my goodness... 1 hour difference would explain the 60 seconds Fred was
> referring to but then again that probably went over your head.  Moving
> along...
>
> --
> Gina Whipp
> 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
>
> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors
> II
>
> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
>
> "Steve" <notmyemail@address.com> wrote in message
> One word ...... STUPID
>
> Time Zones have at least one hour difference. Put your mind in gear before
> running at the moth to butt in.
>

> "Gina Whipp" <NotInterested@InViruses.com> wrote in message
>> Two words... TIME ZONES
>>
>> --
>> Gina Whipp
>> 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
>>
>> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" -
>> Tremors
>> II
>>
>> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
>>
>> "Steve" <notmyemail@address.com> wrote in message
>> I posted at 4:55PM and you posted at 5:32PM. That's more than 60 seconds
>> later. You should at least learn some math so that you don't look too
>> stupid.
>>

>> "Fred" <Fred@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Yeah, I read yours, and wrote my response in a totally different way and
>>> then
>>> posted it,  all in 60 seconds.
>>>
>>> If you are going to make baseless swipes (e.g. "plagarized") you should
>>> at
>>> least look at the time stamps so that you don't look too stupid.

0
Steve
3/15/2010 9:19:41 PM
No, it is you who is not getting it but that does explain a lot!

--
Gina Whipp
2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)

II

Oh my goodness .... You can't follow simple directions. Iy was suggested you
put your mind in gear before running at the mouth critizing. A 1 hour
difference does not explain 60 seconds! Next you are probably going to say
that the change to Daylight Savings explains the 60 seconds (: To repeat,
one word ....... STUPID. Telling time apparently goes over your head. I
guess telling time is not a prerecquiste for becoming an MVP.  Moving along

PS Look in the mirror at the color of your hair to see if it is blond

"Gina Whipp" <NotInterested@InViruses.com> wrote in message
> Oh my goodness... 1 hour difference would explain the 60 seconds Fred was
> referring to but then again that probably went over your head.  Moving
> along...
>
> --
> Gina Whipp
> 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
>
> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors
> II
>
> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
>
> "Steve" <notmyemail@address.com> wrote in message
> One word ...... STUPID
>
> Time Zones have at least one hour difference. Put your mind in gear before
> running at the moth to butt in.
>

> "Gina Whipp" <NotInterested@InViruses.com> wrote in message
>> Two words... TIME ZONES
>>
>> --
>> Gina Whipp
>> 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
>>
>> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" -
>> Tremors
>> II
>>
>> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
>>
>> "Steve" <notmyemail@address.com> wrote in message
>> I posted at 4:55PM and you posted at 5:32PM. That's more than 60 seconds
>> later. You should at least learn some math so that you don't look too
>> stupid.
>>

>> "Fred" <Fred@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Yeah, I read yours, and wrote my response in a totally different way and
>>> then
>>> posted it,  all in 60 seconds.
>>>
>>> If you are going to make baseless swipes (e.g. "plagarized") you should
>>> at
>>> least look at the time stamps so that you don't look too stupid.

0
Gina
3/15/2010 9:26:31 PM
Oh .... so what are you trying to say? The change to Daylight Savings
explains the 60 seconds? Or, you have blond hair and that gives you a pass
on being able to tell time? Or that you got to be an MVP by just being
stupid?

> No, it is you who is not getting it but that does explain a lot!
>
> --
> Gina Whipp
> 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
>
> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors
> II
>
> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
>
> "Steve" <notmyemail@address.com> wrote in message
> Oh my goodness .... You can't follow simple directions. Iy was suggested
> you
> put your mind in gear before running at the mouth critizing. A 1 hour
> difference does not explain 60 seconds! Next you are probably going to say
> that the change to Daylight Savings explains the 60 seconds (: To repeat,
> one word ....... STUPID. Telling time apparently goes over your head. I
> guess telling time is not a prerecquiste for becoming an MVP.  Moving
> along
>
> PS Look in the mirror at the color of your hair to see if it is blond
>

> "Gina Whipp" <NotInterested@InViruses.com> wrote in message
>> Oh my goodness... 1 hour difference would explain the 60 seconds Fred was
>> referring to but then again that probably went over your head.  Moving
>> along...
>>
>> --
>> Gina Whipp
>> 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
>>
>> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" -
>> Tremors
>> II
>>
>> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
>>
>> "Steve" <notmyemail@address.com> wrote in message
>> One word ...... STUPID
>>
>> Time Zones have at least one hour difference. Put your mind in gear
>> before
>> running at the moth to butt in.
>>

>> "Gina Whipp" <NotInterested@InViruses.com> wrote in message
>>> Two words... TIME ZONES
>>>
>>> --
>>> Gina Whipp
>>> 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
>>>
>>> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" -
>>> Tremors
>>> II
>>>
>>> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
>>>
>>> "Steve" <notmyemail@address.com> wrote in message
>>> I posted at 4:55PM and you posted at 5:32PM. That's more than 60 seconds
>>> later. You should at least learn some math so that you don't look too
>>> stupid.
>>>

>>> "Fred" <Fred@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Steve
3/15/2010 10:33:20 PM
OMG...  I can't believe you don't understand that I am not talking about
Daylight Savings time...  Nevermind...

--
Gina Whipp
2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)

II

Oh .... so what are you trying to say? The change to Daylight Savings
explains the 60 seconds? Or, you have blond hair and that gives you a pass
on being able to tell time? Or that you got to be an MVP by just being
stupid?

"Gina Whipp" <NotInterested@InViruses.com> wrote in message
> No, it is you who is not getting it but that does explain a lot!
>
> --
> Gina Whipp
> 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
>
> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors
> II
>
> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
>
> "Steve" <notmyemail@address.com> wrote in message
> Oh my goodness .... You can't follow simple directions. Iy was suggested
> you
> put your mind in gear before running at the mouth critizing. A 1 hour
> difference does not explain 60 seconds! Next you are probably going to say
> that the change to Daylight Savings explains the 60 seconds (: To repeat,
> one word ....... STUPID. Telling time apparently goes over your head. I
> guess telling time is not a prerecquiste for becoming an MVP.  Moving
> along
>
> PS Look in the mirror at the color of your hair to see if it is blond
>

> "Gina Whipp" <NotInterested@InViruses.com> wrote in message
>> Oh my goodness... 1 hour difference would explain the 60 seconds Fred was
>> referring to but then again that probably went over your head.  Moving
>> along...
>>
>> --
>> Gina Whipp
>> 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
>>
>> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" -
>> Tremors
>> II
>>
>> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
>>
>> "Steve" <notmyemail@address.com> wrote in message
>> One word ...... STUPID
>>
>> Time Zones have at least one hour difference. Put your mind in gear
>> before
>> running at the moth to butt in.
>>

>> "Gina Whipp" <NotInterested@InViruses.com> wrote in message
>>> Two words... TIME ZONES
>>>
>>> --
>>> Gina Whipp
>>> 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
>>>
>>> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" -
>>> Tremors
>>> II
>>>
>>> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
>>>
>>> "Steve" <notmyemail@address.com> wrote in message
>>> I posted at 4:55PM and you posted at 5:32PM. That's more than 60 seconds
>>> later. You should at least learn some math so that you don't look too
>>> stupid.
>>>

>>> "Fred" <Fred@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Gina
3/15/2010 10:58:32 PM
OK ..... we'll check off that you weren't talking about Daylight Savings
Time. Now we're down to only two possibilities. Tell us which is the correct
answer. BTW, blondes don't take God's name in vain so was that a hint as to
the correct answer?

> OMG...  I can't believe you don't understand that I am not talking about
> Daylight Savings time...  Nevermind...
>
> --
> Gina Whipp
> 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
>
> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors
> II
>
> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
>
> "Steve" <notmyemail@address.com> wrote in message
> Oh .... so what are you trying to say? The change to Daylight Savings
> explains the 60 seconds? Or, you have blond hair and that gives you a pass
> on being able to tell time? Or that you got to be an MVP by just being
> stupid?
>

> "Gina Whipp" <NotInterested@InViruses.com> wrote in message
>> No, it is you who is not getting it but that does explain a lot!
>>
>> --
>> Gina Whipp
>> 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
>>
>> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" -
>> Tremors
>> II
>>
>> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
>>
>> "Steve" <notmyemail@address.com> wrote in message
>> Oh my goodness .... You can't follow simple directions. Iy was suggested
>> you
>> put your mind in gear before running at the mouth critizing. A 1 hour
>> difference does not explain 60 seconds! Next you are probably going to
>> say
>> that the change to Daylight Savings explains the 60 seconds (: To repeat,
>> one word ....... STUPID. Telling time apparently goes over your head. I
>> guess telling time is not a prerecquiste for becoming an MVP.  Moving
>> along
>>
>> PS Look in the mirror at the color of your hair to see if it is blond
>>

>> "Gina Whipp" <NotInterested@InViruses.com> wrote in message
>>> Oh my goodness... 1 hour difference would explain the 60 seconds Fred
>>> was
>>> referring to but then again that probably went over your head.  Moving
>>> along...
>>>
>>> --
>>> Gina Whipp
>>> 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
>>>
>>> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" -
>>> Tremors
>>> II
>>>
>>> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
>>>
>>> "Steve" <notmyemail@address.com> wrote in message
>>> One word ...... STUPID
>>>
>>> Time Zones have at least one hour difference. Put your mind in gear
>>> before
>>> running at the moth to butt in.
>>>

>>> "Gina Whipp" <NotInterested@InViruses.com> wrote in message

0
Steve
3/15/2010 11:35:20 PM
Ummm, OMG = Oh my goodness in my book.  I am not continuing this
conversation... there is no need.  Have a nice evening...

--
Gina Whipp
2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)

II

> [...]

>> along
>>
>> PS Look in the mirror at the color of your hair to see if it is blond
>>

>> "Gina Whipp" <NotInterested@InViruses.com> wrote in message
>>> Oh my goodness... 1 hour difference would explain the 60 seconds Fred
>>> was
>>> referring to but then again that probably went over your head.  Moving
>>> along...
>>>
>>> --
>>> Gina Whipp
>>> 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
>>>
>>> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" -
>>> Tremors
>>> II
>>>
>>> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
>>>
>>> "Steve" <notmyemail@address.com> wrote in message
>>> One word ...... STUPID
>>>
>>> Time Zones have at least one hour difference. Put your mind in gear

3/16/2010 12:04:03 AM
Stevie pretends to be religious, but his past behaviour indicates otherwise.
He will con anyone if he thinks he can make a buck.

John...
> Ummm, OMG = Oh my goodness in my book.  I am not continuing this
> conversation... there is no need.  Have a nice evening...
>
> Gina Whipp
> 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
>
> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors
> II
>
> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
>
> "Steve" <notmyemail@address.com> wrote in message
> OK ..... we'll check off that you weren't talking about Daylight Savings
> Time. Now we're down to only two possibilities. Tell us which is the
> correct
> answer. BTW, blondes don't take God's name in vain so was that a hint as
> the correct answer?
>

> "Gina Whipp" <NotInterested@InViruses.com> wrote in message
>> OMG...  I can't believe you don't understand that I am not talking about
>> Daylight Savings time...  Nevermind...
>>
>> --
>> Gina Whipp
>> 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
>>
>> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" -
>> Tremors
>> II
>>
>> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
>>
>> "Steve" <notmyemail@address.com> wrote in message
>> Oh .... so what are you trying to say? The change to Daylight Savings
>> explains the 60 seconds? Or, you have blond hair and that gives you a
>> pass
>> on being able to tell time? Or that you got to be an MVP by just being
>> stupid?
>>

>> "Gina Whipp" <NotInterested@InViruses.com> wrote in message
>>> No, it is you who is not getting it but that does explain a lot!
>>>
>>> --
>>> Gina Whipp
>>> 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
>>>
>>> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" -
>>> Tremors
>>> II
>>>
>>> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
>>>
>>> "Steve" <notmyemail@address.com> wrote in message
>>> Oh my goodness .... You can't follow simple directions. Iy was suggested
>>> you
>>> put your mind in gear before running at the mouth critizing. A 1 hour
>>> difference does not explain 60 seconds! Next you are probably going to
>>> say
>>> that the change to Daylight Savings explains the 60 seconds (: To
>>> repeat,
>>> one word ....... STUPID. Telling time apparently goes over your head. I
>>> guess telling time is not a prerecquiste for becoming an MVP.  Moving
>>> along
>>>
>>> PS Look in the mirror at the color of your hair to see if it is blond
>>>

>>> "Gina Whipp" <NotInterested@InViruses.com> wrote in message

0
John
3/16/2010 12:14:42 AM
John,

Oh, I know he's not the least bit religious.  Posting for money in a free
newsgroup, abusive language... well, you get the idea.  But as you reminded
me I need to stop trying to bickering with an unarmed opponent.

--
Gina Whipp
2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)

II

"John... Visio MVP" <lancucki@stonehenge.ca> wrote in message
> [...]

>>> Tremors
>>> II
>>>
>>> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
>>>
>>> "Steve" <notmyemail@address.com> wrote in message
>>> Oh my goodness .... You can't follow simple directions. Iy was suggested
>>> you
>>> put your mind in gear before running at the mouth critizing. A 1 hour
>>> difference does not explain 60 seconds! Next you are probably going to
>>> say
>>> that the change to Daylight Savings explains the 60 seconds (: To
>>> repeat,
>>> one word ....... STUPID. Telling time apparently goes over your head. I
>>> guess telling time is not a prerecquiste for becoming an MVP.  Moving
>>> along
>>>
>>> PS Look in the mirror at the color of your hair to see if it is blond

3/16/2010 1:32:47 AM
Checking the Microsoft site directly:

Steve's post: 3/12/2010 1:30 PM PST

My Post  3/12/2010 1:31 PM PST

Checking common sense, there's only on answer to the poster's guestion, and
a very simple obvious one at that, which is the simplest and most common
relationship structure.   one-to-many staff and drills (performed) table.  I
think that Steve thinks he invented it.

Good thing I didn't mention a look up table for the drill types, or he would
claim that he invented lookup tables that day and that  I plagiarized the
concept of lookup tables from him.

Checking reality,  it was obvious that I wrote it without having seen his,
doubly obvious from the time stamps directly on the Microsoft site.

Fred,

No worries... no one thinks you plagiarized anyone...  Steve is just
*trying* to gain some credibility.  I will leave it at that.

--
Gina Whipp
2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)

II

Checking the Microsoft site directly:

Steve's post: 3/12/2010 1:30 PM PST

My Post  3/12/2010 1:31 PM PST

Checking common sense, there's only on answer to the poster's guestion, and
a very simple obvious one at that, which is the simplest and most common
relationship structure.   one-to-many staff and drills (performed) table.  I
think that Steve thinks he invented it.

Good thing I didn't mention a look up table for the drill types, or he would
claim that he invented lookup tables that day and that  I plagiarized the
concept of lookup tables from him.

Checking reality,  it was obvious that I wrote it without having seen his,
doubly obvious from the time stamps directly on the Microsoft site.

0
Gina

Excel 97 VBA Help File

help need with VC 6.0 IDE and mfc

Help, I cannot Save!

.pdf save as settings

Help Required

Web query timeout setting.

Setting up a new e-mail account

Error in database....

Need HELP! for Linking data

compact database in VBA access 2007

Problem with Database Wizard

Need to add to current formula

Help with Registration

Help about numeric type field. Thanks.

HELP! Outlook POP3 problem(s)

Spam Filtering HELP
I recently started a new job, and discovered after day one, that I had inharited a spam mess. Now the previous admin ad installed a Symantic Spam Server Prox which in my opinion, was a complete waste of money as it does not allow for blocking IP addresses. Now here is the question; I am running Exchange 2003, and am looking at setting up the Conection Filter under Message Delivery to block messages based on IP address. The problem is that when I save the IPs to be blocked, I get a message stating that the Connection filter "has to be enabled manually through the specific SMTP virtual serv...

Need macro help to close excel

Help with simple(?) VBA function

If Then Help!!!!
Hi! I'm stuck. I have a working macro but it needs a small tweek. The macro executes a find statement and performs calculations from the find to the end of the column. The problem is when nothing is found. I need an if statement or suggestion on how to tell it to skip the calculations if there is nothing found. This is what I have so far(with no if's): Cells.Find(What:="RIM", After:=ActiveCell, LookIn:=xlFormulas _ , LookAt:=xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlNext, _ MatchCase:=False, SearchFormat:=False).Activate Selection.End(xlToRi...