How do I record the date of the first record entry.

I have a small database and I want to record, in a table
field, the date at which a record is added (but not edited).

I want this to be permanent.

Should I make the "primary key" this date?

 Please help, Frank

0
Frank

"Frank Martin" <fm@general.com.au> wrote in message
> I have a small database and I want to record, in a table field, the date
> at which a record is added (but not edited).

In table design view, add the field to record when the entry was made.

In the lower pane of table design, set the Default Value property of this
field to:
    =Date()
if you just want the date. If you want the date and time, use:
    =Now()

When you create a form to show the entries, don't provide a text box for
this field, so the user won't have a way to modify the date.

Allen
> "Frank Martin" <fm@general.com.au> wrote in message
>> I have a small database and I want to record, in a table
>> field, the date at which a record is added (but not
>> edited).
>
> In table design view, add the field to record when the
> entry was made.
>
> In the lower pane of table design, set the Default Value
> property of this field to:
>    =Date()
> if you just want the date. If you want the date and time,
> use:
>    =Now()
>
> When you create a form to show the entries, don't provide
> a text box for this field, so the user won't have a way to
> modify the date.

Thanks, this worked.

0
Frank

Problem with xy scatter with dates
I am trying to create an x-y scatter chart where both the x values and the y values are dates. I highlight the 2 adjacent columns of date data and click on Insert>Scatter. Instead of a scatter graph, I get a line chart with 2 lines (the two data columns). The x values on the graph are simply a count of the data points as in a line chart. If the 2 columns of data are not dates, I get the correct scatter chart, but not if the x-values are dates in which case I get a line chart. How can I get a scatter chart with both x-values and y-values as dates? You could select just the Y val...

Make Table Query
I have a Macro and at the end of the Macro I have a Make Table Query that I would like to automatically save as todays date in the current database. Does anybody have an idea on how I can do this? On Wed, 06 Jun 2007 11:40:24 -0700, dswiders@gmail.com wrote: >I have a Macro and at the end of the Macro I have a Make Table Query >that I would like to automatically save as todays date in the current >database. Does anybody have an idea on how I can do this? A date is just a field value. Saving today's date as a Table is almost certainly VERY bad design. Why do an expensive, awk...

Add Actual End Date to Resolved Cases view
Hi We would like to add the actual end date to the Case General Tab or possibly to the Resolved Cases and/or My Resolved Cases view. I know that the Actual End Date is available on the Service Activity and Case Resolution but this field is not available for the Case. Any workaround for this? Thanks Mark ...

Data Collection entries in General Ledger
If entries are created through ADC and processed through GL, the Batch ID is populated as ADC(plus date). Once posted, we can go into Account Transactions in Smartlist and the Batch ID is populated in the "Originating Source" field and when drilling down on a transaction, the Batch ID is retained just like before it is posted. When we need to make corrections to these entries we go into Data Collection (through MFG WIP) and back out the amounts and add back the correct entries. Processing through GL results in the Batch ID created as the User ID that made the correction. P...

Priority Option on the MO Entry Window
Is there a way to set the default (Low medium or High) in the Manufacturing Order Entry Window? I would like it to default to Low, but it now defaults to medium... thanks! -- Doug Dear Doug, Actually it does not exist as option, but if you have VBA module registered, this will be easily customized, just add the form and the priority field to VBA and paste the following code lines: Private Sub Window_AfterOpen() Priority.Value = 1 End Sub Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85 Great Package For Business Solutions daoudm@greatpbs.com http://...

Date Picker
Hello, Is there a DatePicker in Excel 2007 so I can pick a date when I focus on a cell? If not, where can I get one? Thanks, Miguel Look here: http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "shapper" <mdmoura@gmail.com> wrote in message news:776296c8-83d8-467e-aefb-c31b24446bf7@b15g2000yqd.googlegroups.com... > Hello, > > Is there a DatePicker in Excel 2007 so I can pick a date when I focus > on a cell? > > If not, where can I get one? > > Thanks, > Miguel ...

Conditional formatting with dates formula problem.
Hello. I appreciate help on this topic. I'm very new to excel's conditional formatting capabilities and I need help on the following: I have a worksheet where I am using columns A and B to be fashioned into a type of "reverse" library checkout card; I want to flag when 120 days have passed since an item has been checked out. All cells are blank with the exception of the formatting applied to cells in column A. For example, Condition 1 on cell A1 has the formula: =IF(ISBLANK(B1),(A1-TODAY())<120) **I've also tried =IF(ISBLANK($B1),($A1-TODAY())<120) My objecti...

Dates are not displayed in ComboBox
I have a From ComboBox and a To ComboBox on a Form; cboFrom and cboTo. The Row Source is this: SELECT DISTINCT SharePrices.DateTime FROM SharePrices ORDER BY SharePrices.DateTime; The SQL is this: SELECT DISTINCT SharePrices.DateTime FROM SharePrices ORDER BY SharePrices.DateTime; Nothing is showing in either ComboBox; all I see is a whole bunch of blanks. I just did this in another form in another Access database. I can’t figure out why it’s not working for me now. I’m using Access 2007. I’d sincerely appreciate any insight with this. Thanks! Ryan -- Ryan--...

Year to date sales history of inventory
How can this system provide me with cumulative sales numbers of a particular item ie: How many total gym shorts did we sell in 12 months? Detailed Sales Report with a custom date range. In the body of the report look at the top line (Overall) that will give you the answer you seek my child. Now go caterpillar blossom into a butterfly. Rob "KatieH" wrote: > How can this system provide me with cumulative sales numbers of a particular > item ie: How many total gym shorts did we sell in 12 months? Musta got a new batch o glue, huh? (g) KatieH To pick up where Rob started...

Scroll to specific list box entry
I am trying to scroll to a specific line entry in a multi-select list box in response to a user-input search criterion (in a separate text box) so that the desired record becomes visible to the user. I can locate the matching record and determine the line number, but I can't find a VBA method to scroll to reposition the record. My intent is to enable a user to enter the beginning character(s) to locate the section of entries that begin with the user search criterion. From that position, the user can then select the entries of choice. I will appreciate any help. Richard Here a...

New Record Problem when filtering
I'm using Access 2003 and have what at first seems like a common problem. On one of my forms if a user hits the scroll button on the mouse, it scrolls to a new record which then causes problems. I don't have sufficient rights to deploy a dll file so I got around it by changing the AllowAdditions setting to "No". Theoretically that should have worked and indeed it does if I open up a form directly. But in this database I often open up a form to a particular record using the "Where Condition" argument of the DoCmd.OpenForm command. When I do that, it opens...

Open form to a particular record
Hi, I have a continuous form listing some employees. One of the fields displayed is the EmployeeID field. Is it possible to double-click a particular EmployeeID field on the continuous form and another form (called "frmEmployees") open and display the record for the employee that I double clicked? I tried the following code and the frmEmployee form opened but at the first record, not the record for the person I double-clicked in the continuous form. ********************************* Dim strWhere As String strWhere = "[EmployeeID] = """ & Me.[Emplo...

Excel 2003 - VBA
Does anyone have and idea how to create the date of the last day of the previous month? Craig Hi Craig =Dateserial(year(date), month(date), 0) HTH. Best wishes Harald "Craig Brandt" <brandtcraig@att.net> wrote in message news:yvVxk.22131$89.8111@nlpi069.nbdc.sbc.com... > Does anyone have and idea how to create the date of the last day of the > previous month? > > Craig > > =TODAY()-DAY(TODAY()) -- __________________________________ HTH Bob "Craig Brandt" <brandtcraig@att.net> wrote in message news:yvVxk.22131$89.8111@nlpi069.nb...

No Minimum Wage Balance master pay record exists for this employee
We received this warning message on the payroll build this week. Minimum wage is not an issue with our employees and this particular staff was set up exactly the same way as other staff. Has anyone else gotten this message? You might check the employee's Additional Information button to see if the Calculate Minimum Wage Balance checkbox got marked by mistake. -- BrianB "sandwest" wrote: > We received this warning message on the payroll build this week. Minimum > wage is not an issue with our employees and this particular staff was set up > exactly the same w...

Access autonumber field changes to date format when Excel imports
When importing Access data into Excel, the autonumber field in Access is chenged to date format instead of a general number format. I could run a macro to change the number format but this only happens on some Vista machines, not all. Any suggestions as to why this is happening? ...

Avoiding Redundant Records
It is my understanding that surrogate keys are generally recommended to ensure uniqueness of records. Is it not true that using surrogate keys implies taking extra precautions to prevent duplicate records? I mean, with surrogate keys there is nothing to prevent the proliferation of multiple records all containing the same data, but each having a unique key. I would appreciate your help with this in the following context: AGREEMENTS AgrmtID (PK) InsuredID Agrmt fields… CERTS CertID (PK) AgrmtID ProducerID Cert fields… POLICIES PolicyID (PK) InsuredID PolicyTypeCo...

Macro Action Fails on Duplicate Record
I have a form with a subform whose visibile property is set to no. I have a macro that runs when a choice is made in a combo box that sets the visible property of the subform to yes when the selection=2. The macro sets the visible property of the subform to no when the selection does not =2. This is how I have the macro: Condition: [Appearance]=2 Action:Set Value Item: [Forms]![Appearance Request Basic]![OffSiteApp].[Form].[Detail].[Visible] Expression: True Condition:... Action:StopMacro Condition:(this I left blank) Action: SetValue Item:[Forms]![Appearance Request Basic]![OffSiteApp...

What date was a batch created
I'm in GP v8.0. I need to know what date a user created and/or saved a batch. I've looked all over and there doesn't seem to be any trail when a batch was created/saved short of turning on the User Tracking system. Please get back to me ASAP - sdanna@sfgmortgage.com First, as you probably know, this is not a forum for getting instant answers because it is not monitored officially. Second, SY00500 stores the batch history. It is in the company database. You will need to create a report based on this table. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Sandy D''Anna, GP Project Ma...

conditional format a date in Excel
I am trying to use conditional formatting to show when a date is less than 30 days in the future. When I use "cell value" "is less than" "="Now()+30" all the dates change. I am trying to use conditional formatting to show when a date is les than 30 days in the future. When I use "cell value" "is less than" "="Now()+30 all the dates change. lose the quotes in the condition =Now()+30 Unless you mean between today and 30 days in the future in which cas =now() would be the first condition and =now()+30 would be the second Al...

Excel 2002 Day/Date format
For some reason on one of my computers, Excel won't allow the cell to be formatted to read "Day, Month Date, Year". The option doesn't exist under the Date category of the Format Cells command. Anyone have any ideas? Hi Have you tried using a Custom format? -- Andy. "The Kingfish" <KCKingfish@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:MGjke.4830$X92.1081@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net... > For some reason on one of my computers, Excel won't allow the cell to be > formatted to read "Day, Month Date, Year". > > The option doesn&...

Install dates formating using conditional formating?
I have 2 cells (A1 and A2). I would like to have the following take place. 1. If I place a date that is either past or withinthe next 30 days into A2 format the text as red. 2. If I place any date into cell A1, I need A2 to say N/A. I have been able to do #1 using conditional formating but am stuck on #2. Can anyone help? Thanks -- Jerry Eggleston ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Jerry Eggleston's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=9898 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php...

Previously used/opened record
I would like to have a button to hit to get me to my previously opened/used record. Can anybody please oblige me with some code to achieve that? Thanks, RF. Define "previously"... No, seriously, until you can tell Access HOW to find the "previous" record, Access won't know what to do. By "previously opened/used" do you mean "most recently" (a single record) or ALL records that have been opened/used. If the latter, since when? If a record is only "opened" (?looked at but not changed?), does that count? What do yo...

Julian Dates?
Hi - i bet this is simple - but how do i convert NOW() ... or TODAY() into a julian date like 31206 (day 312, year 06) thanks Worksheet and macro solutions posted by Myrna Larson 1999-06-11 http://groups.google.com/groups?oi=djq&ic=1&selm=an_488468851 --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm "ElBozo" <kobebus@verizon.net> wrote in message news:FMgih.5223$4Q6.1916@trnddc06... > Hi - i bet this is simple - but how do i conv...

excel dates 03-25-10
how do i change #(1-365) to the corresponding date in excel? It depends on what result you want. If the number is 1, what date do you want? 1/1/2010? With your number in a1, try the following: =date(2010,1,a1) If that doesn't do what you want, post back with what you want to achieve. Regards, Fred "king2385" <king2385@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AD3502E1-F28B-4FD5-8637-478EF98E6F66@microsoft.com... > how do i change #(1-365) to the corresponding date in excel? ...

Task entry bar in Taskpad
When looking at my Day Calendar view, my taskpad is on the right side. I used to see an entry line where I could type in a task and it would "join the list". I was playing around with some options and now that entry field is gone. How do I get it back? Thanks Edit the View of your Taks folder; Press the Other Settings button and select Show new item row -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "MEWEINHA" <MEWEINHA@discussions.microsoft.com> ...