Help needed with table design/layout for newbie

Hi, i have just joined the forum and have built a few DB's in the past but
found i have forgotten almost everything!
I do remember with a previous DB i layed the tables out incorrectly which
impacted on the flexibility down the line so would like advise before i start
in order to get a good foundation.
My dB is for our watersports centre to book people onto courses and retain
their details in a contacts table to be imported to Outlook for mailing info.
We run various courses which then run on multiple dates across the year. So
for example we may run a Powerboat Level 1 course, this then runs 4-6 jan, 4-
6 Feb and so on. I then need to add customers to each course date (i want to
retain the customer information for use on email or telephone marketing etc)
This is the basic concept, the additional functionality i require is:

-Add/ Remove courses - add/remove course dates

-view courses by type or date (ie view all power boat courses, or all courses
for January or all powerboat courses for January)

-view available spaces on courses (same search criteria as above)

-Add/ Remove people off courses

-Print bookings (same search criteria as above)

-view reserve space bookings (people who can fill cancellation slots on
certain courses at certain dates)

-View payments received /outstanding payments

This is my plan for the way i want it to work! I now need to start building
the tables.
For the contacts table i plan on using the same format as Outlook contacts so
i can import directly into outlook for emailing customers (i would be happy
to change this especially if i could send mails direct from access into
Outlook, rather than importing a contacts list every-time i add a new name)
I am very open to suggestions here as i am finding the first step a bit
daunting and dont want to waste lots of time making a DB that wont do what i
want a bit later down the line.
I have tried to give as much detail as i can, if you want to know anything
else please ask.

I will be grateful for any help with this

Cheers
Jase

0
jase118

jase118 wrote:
>Hi, i have just joined the forum and have built a few DB's in the past but
>found i have forgotten almost everything!
>I do remember with a previous DB i layed the tables out incorrectly which
>impacted on the flexibility down the line so would like advise before i start
>in order to get a good foundation.
>My dB is for our watersports centre to book people onto courses and retain
>their details in a contacts table to be imported to Outlook for mailing info.
>We run various courses which then run on multiple dates across the year. So
>for example we may run a Powerboat Level 1 course, this then runs 4-6 jan, 4-
>6 Feb and so on. I then need to add customers to each course date (i want to
>retain the customer information for use on email or telephone marketing etc)
>This is the basic concept, the additional functionality i require is:
>
>-Add/ Remove courses - add/remove course dates
>
>-view courses by type or date (ie view all power boat courses, or all courses
>for January or all powerboat courses for January)
>
>-view available spaces on courses (same search criteria as above)
>
>-Add/ Remove people off courses
>
>-Print bookings (same search criteria as above)
>
>-view reserve space bookings (people who can fill cancellation slots on
>certain courses at certain dates)
>
>-View payments received /outstanding payments
>
>This is my plan for the way i want it to work! I now need to start building
>the tables.
>For the contacts table i plan on using the same format as Outlook contacts so
>i can import directly into outlook for emailing customers (i would be happy
>to change this especially if i could send mails direct from access into
>Outlook, rather than importing a contacts list every-time i add a new name)
>I am very open to suggestions here as i am finding the first step a bit
>daunting and dont want to waste lots of time making a DB that wont do what i
>want a bit later down the line.
>I have tried to give as much detail as i can, if you want to know anything
>else please ask.
>
>I will be grateful for any help with this
>
>Cheers
>Jase

just received this from another forum, what do you think as a start point?

You can use Access automation with Outlook to send out e-mails, but that is
down the road at this point. The table structure is the most critical aspect.

You'll need tables for members and courses

tblMembers
-pkMemberID primary key, autonumber
-txtFName
-txtLName

tblCourses
-pkCourseID primary key, autonumber
-txtCourseName

You'll also need a table for the course dates or sessions

tblSessions
-pkSessionID primary key, autonumber
-dteStart (session start date)
-dteEnd (session end date)
-fkCourseID foreign key to tblCourses

Now you'll need to associate the members with the applicable session

tblSessionMembers
-pkSessionMemberID primary key, autonumber
-fkSessionID foreign key to tblSessions
-fkMemberID foreign key to tblMembers

In order to determine if there are vacancies in a particular session, you
will need to know the maximum # of students/session or course. If a session
is limited by its location, then the field for the max # belongs in the
session table. If the max # only depends on the course, then it belongs in
the tblCourses. The same would be true for the course fee. If the fee is
dependent on the session (you might charge less for sessions conducted in the
off season versus those conducted during the season), then the field belongs
there. If the fee is just dependent on the course, then it belongs in
tblCourses.

0
jase118
6/4/2010 7:07:04 PM
jase118 wrote:
>>Hi, i have just joined the forum and have built a few DB's in the past but
>>found i have forgotten almost everything!
>[quoted text clipped - 41 lines]
>>Cheers
>>Jase
>
>just received this from another forum, what do you think as a start point?
>
>You can use Access automation with Outlook to send out e-mails, but that is
>down the road at this point. The table structure is the most critical aspect.
>
>You'll need tables for members and courses
>
>tblMembers
>-pkMemberID primary key, autonumber
>-txtFName
>-txtLName
>
>tblCourses
>-pkCourseID primary key, autonumber
>-txtCourseName
>
>You'll also need a table for the course dates or sessions
>
>tblSessions
>-pkSessionID primary key, autonumber
>-dteStart (session start date)
>-dteEnd (session end date)
>-fkCourseID foreign key to tblCourses
>
>Now you'll need to associate the members with the applicable session
>
>tblSessionMembers
>-pkSessionMemberID primary key, autonumber
>-fkSessionID foreign key to tblSessions
>-fkMemberID foreign key to tblMembers
>
>In order to determine if there are vacancies in a particular session, you
>will need to know the maximum # of students/session or course. If a session
>is limited by its location, then the field for the max # belongs in the
>session table. If the max # only depends on the course, then it belongs in
>the tblCourses. The same would be true for the course fee. If the fee is
>dependent on the session (you might charge less for sessions conducted in the
>off season versus those conducted during the season), then the field belongs
>there. If the fee is just dependent on the course, then it belongs in
>tblCourses.

My Table layout so far:

tblMembers
-pkMemberID primary key, autonumber
-txtFirstName
-txtLastName
-txtAddress1
-txtPostcode
-numTel
-numMobile
-txtEmail

tblCourses
-pkCourseID primary key, autonumber
-txtCourseName
-numMax (maximum places available on the course)
-curPrice

tblSessions
-pkSessionID primary key, autonumber
-dteStartDate (session start date)
-dteEndDate (session end date)
-fkCourseID foreign key to tblCourses

tblSessionMembers
-pkSessionMemberID primary key, autonumber
-fkSessionID foreign key to tblSessions
-fkMemberID foreign key to tblMembers

As for tracking who has paid, would i be right to put that under tblSessions
with a yes/no option?
I am not sure how to setup a foreign key, went into relationships and setup a
1 to many link, is this correct?

0
jase118
6/4/2010 8:49:48 PM
I suggest putting -numMax (maximum places available on the course)
and -curPrice in TblSession so if either changes from one session to
another, you have a place to record it.

As far as tracking who has paid, a yes/No field in tblSessionMembers should
suffice.

Steve
santus@penn.com

"jase118" <u60596@uwe> wrote in message news:a90a1aff03e1a@uwe...
> [...]
> -numTel
> -numMobile
> -txtEmail
>
> tblCourses
> -pkCourseID primary key, autonumber
> -txtCourseName
> -numMax (maximum places available on the course)
> -curPrice
>
> tblSessions
> -pkSessionID primary key, autonumber
> -dteStartDate (session start date)
> -dteEndDate (session end date)
> -fkCourseID foreign key to tblCourses
>
> tblSessionMembers
> -pkSessionMemberID primary key, autonumber
> -fkSessionID foreign key to tblSessions
> -fkMemberID foreign key to tblMembers
>

> As for tracking who has paid, would i be right to put that under
> tblSessions
> with a yes/no option?
> I am not sure how to setup a foreign key, went into relationships and

6/4/2010 9:15:08 PM
When you setup relations, the fields need the same type: both integer
values. As it seems, your tblSessionMembers is the table to create the
m:n-relationship between members and sessions. Thats why you have to put
your yes/noe-field into this table. If you realise it that way, you can
directly see who has paid by selecting the session, or which session a
user has already paid by selecting the user.
But your entitity-relationship-model seems to be fine at all.

How to create a m:n in your case. Open the Relation dialog and add the
tables: tblSessionMembers, tblmembers, tblSession.
Then creat a relationship using drag and drop. Drag from the Primkey and
drop it on the foreignkey.

Regards
Jörn.

Am 04.06.2010 22:49, schrieb jase118:
> [...]
> -txtPostcode
> -numTel
> -numMobile
> -txtEmail
>
> tblCourses
> -pkCourseID primary key, autonumber
> -txtCourseName
> -numMax (maximum places available on the course)
> -curPrice
>
> tblSessions
> -pkSessionID primary key, autonumber
> -dteStartDate (session start date)
> -dteEndDate (session end date)
> -fkCourseID foreign key to tblCourses
>
> tblSessionMembers
> -pkSessionMemberID primary key, autonumber
> -fkSessionID foreign key to tblSessions
> -fkMemberID foreign key to tblMembers
>

> As for tracking who has paid, would i be right to put that under tblSessions
> with a yes/no option?
> I am not sure how to setup a foreign key, went into relationships and setup a

UTF
6/4/2010 9:26:27 PM
Jörn Bosse wrote:
>When you setup relations, the fields need the same type: both integer
>values. As it seems, your tblSessionMembers is the table to create the
>m:n-relationship between members and sessions. Thats why you have to put
>your yes/noe-field into this table. If you realise it that way, you can
>directly see who has paid by selecting the session, or which session a
>user has already paid by selecting the user.
>But your entitity-relationship-model seems to be fine at all.
>
>How to create a m:n in your case. Open the Relation dialog and add the
>tables: tblSessionMembers, tblmembers, tblSession.
>Then creat a relationship using drag and drop. Drag from the Primkey and
>drop it on the foreignkey.
>
>Regards
>Jörn.

>[quoted text clipped - 76 lines]
>> I am not sure how to setup a foreign key, went into relationships and setup a
>> 1 to many link, is this correct?
Thanks for the advise so far,
I have put payment and joining instructions under session members:

tblSessionMembers
-pkSessionMemberID primary key, autonumber
-fkSessionID foreign key to tblSessions
-fkMemberID foreign key to tblMembers
-logPaid yes/no
-logInstructionsSent yes/no

0
jase118
6/4/2010 9:47:30 PM
Yep that looks fine. Remember if you need a field in comination with a
user and sessions, you have to put it in that table.
Any more questions?

Jörn

Am 04.06.2010 23:47, schrieb jase118:
> Jörn Bosse wrote:
>> When you setup relations, the fields need the same type: both integer
>> values. As it seems, your tblSessionMembers is the table to create the
>> m:n-relationship between members and sessions. Thats why you have to put
>> your yes/noe-field into this table. If you realise it that way, you can
>> directly see who has paid by selecting the session, or which session a
>> user has already paid by selecting the user.
>> But your entitity-relationship-model seems to be fine at all.
>>
>> How to create a m:n in your case. Open the Relation dialog and add the
>> tables: tblSessionMembers, tblmembers, tblSession.
>> Then creat a relationship using drag and drop. Drag from the Primkey and
>> drop it on the foreignkey.
>>
>> Regards
>> Jörn.

>> [quoted text clipped - 76 lines]
>>> I am not sure how to setup a foreign key, went into relationships and setup a
>>> 1 to many link, is this correct?
> Thanks for the advise so far,
> I have put payment and joining instructions under session members:
>
> tblSessionMembers
> -pkSessionMemberID primary key, autonumber
> -fkSessionID foreign key to tblSessions
> -fkMemberID foreign key to tblMembers
> -logPaid yes/no
> -logInstructionsSent yes/no

0
UTF
6/4/2010 10:44:24 PM
Jörn Bosse wrote:
>Yep that looks fine. Remember if you need a field in comination with a
>user and sessions, you have to put it in that table.
>Any more questions?
>
>Jörn
>
>Am 04.06.2010 23:47, schrieb jase118:
>>> When you setup relations, the fields need the same type: both integer
>>> values. As it seems, your tblSessionMembers is the table to create the
>[quoted text clipped - 27 lines]
>> -logPaid yes/no
>> -logInstructionsSent yes/no

This is a link to a picture of my tables and relationships, i have attempted
to normalize them and insure the relevant data is in the correct place, let
me know what you think.

http://www.dbforums.com/microsoft-access/1657146-help-needed-table-design-layout-newbie.html#post6463536

jase118
6/5/2010 9:13:57 AM
Hi,

thats looks fine. But i would add a location to the sessions table and
for the members maybe a date of birth. But the rest is really ok.
You did a gread job so far.

Jörn

Am 05.06.2010 11:13, schrieb jase118 via AccessMonster.com:
> Jörn Bosse wrote:
>> Yep that looks fine. Remember if you need a field in comination with a
>> user and sessions, you have to put it in that table.
>> Any more questions?
>>
>> Jörn

>> [quoted text clipped - 27 lines]
>>> -logPaid yes/no
>>> -logInstructionsSent yes/no
>
> This is a link to a picture of my tables and relationships, i have attempted
> to normalize them and insure the relevant data is in the correct place, let
> me know what you think.
>
> http://www.dbforums.com/microsoft-access/1657146-help-needed-table-design-layout-newbie.html#post6463536

0
UTF
6/5/2010 11:35:20 AM
Jörn Bosse wrote:
>Hi,
>
>thats looks fine. But i would add a location to the sessions table and
>for the members maybe a date of birth. But the rest is really ok.
>You did a gread job so far.
>
>Jörn
>
>Am 05.06.2010 11:13, schrieb jase118 via AccessMonster.com:
>>> Yep that looks fine. Remember if you need a field in comination with a
>>> user and sessions, you have to put it in that table.
>[quoted text clipped - 14 lines]
>>
>> http://www.dbforums.com/microsoft-access/1657146-help-needed-table-design-layout-newbie.html#post6463536

Thanks, i am moving onto the next step, queries! be ready for many more posts
and thanks again

jase118

Help...to many birthdays
I currently use Outlook 2000 as my contact manager. I have over 7000 contacts, most with birthdays in the birthday heading. My problem is that , when I pull up my calendar, all of the birthdays show on the calendar. There are some days when I'll get 30 birthdays showing up. Is there any way to configure the system so that the birthdays will not show up on the calendar view? Thanks for the help. Barry "Barry" <barryasman@verizon.net> wrote in message news:NKj5f.2794$fC3.1066@trndny01... >I currently use Outlook 2000 as my contact manager. I have over 7000 > ...

Need an Excel formula
Hello, Can someone please tell me how to make a formula in Excel that can calculate 20% multiplied by (Gross pay) minus dependance, multiplied by 38.46. -- Looking for nothing, yet searching for everything. =((gross_pay*20%)-dependence)*38.46 change the names with the cells holding the values. -- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy) "Kirschwasser" <azureferal@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:FF4ACBC1-C8F8-4F98-A3F6-3DEEC7DB43C8@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > Can someone please tell me how to make a formula ...

How to add field to report from the bound table?
Hi, All I have report (data source is table) when i built report i selected specific fields as usual,now i need to update report and add one field which is in a bound table, but it wasn't selected initially, I set in the property window Control Ssource to a field in the table, but when i try to print report it shows "Enter Parameter Value" and show Table!FieldName. Please, help since report fields doesn't have this particular field How can i add field from the table (data source for the report)? First, the field you want to add must be in the table or query that is t...

WEB Design and interface to RMS
Hi we are a new business using RMS and would like to have a Website that would allow on line ordering with and interface into RMS. Does anyone have somone thay could reccomend? Thanks Hina www.nitroasl.com "Hina Soni" <hina.soni@bavarian-cons.com> wrote in message news:e3bu0FHhEHA.712@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi > > we are a new business using RMS and would like to have a Website that would > allow on line ordering with and interface into RMS. Does anyone have somone > thay could reccomend? > > Thanks > > Hina > > Hi, back to you. Ou...

HELP: Excel changed all my hyperlinks A:
Help For some reason Excel went and changed all my hyperlinks to point to my floppy drive a:\ -WHY? Is there any way I can automatically remove the a:\ hyperlink references, manually renaming is going to take ages. Excel's replace function doesn't seem to work with hyperlinks :-( -Arska Hello Arska, Have you tried find and replace? Press ctrl+h Find what: A:\ Replace with: C:\My Documents (assuming this is where the file you want to link) Then hit Replace All or if your using xl 2002 you can go to EDIT|links then hit change source Hope this could help Jon-jon "Ars...

Need advice to troubleshoot a computer
My parent's computer has stopped working. It is on, but is not doing anything (the monitor is not receiving a signal). It will not reboot or even shut down via the buttons on the front. I need to figure out what the problem is and whether it is fixable. I was planning to redo their hard drive soon as it was orginally partitioned into 4 sections of 10GB each and the C drive is basically full while the other drives are not. I have already transferred as much as possible to the other drives, but it is now full, mostly with windows files and things i am not sure I can move. My plan...

Blank Screen without Summary in Outlook Today Help Please
When I open my outlook today I see my summary flash just for a milisecond and then the screen is blank except for the words for the messages, tasks and calendar. Help if you can. What can I do to correct this? Thanks Steve ...

need to make a template for weekly calendar ASAP that shows pictu.
need to make a template for weekly calendar ASAP that shows pictures. I do not know how to save the template so that it can be used later. I am reviewing the help again about how to make a template but I misunderstand something; it does not work. The template i want/need is for a weekly calender that shows appointments from Outlook and also has pictures that stay for up to a month; I do not want to put in pictures all over each week. Please guide me. Thank you! ! -d Hi I'm no expert but you might want to try making the document (with pictures) that you want as the template an...

how to append date to table name using mk table qry
I am using a make table query to archieve data in a table. I would like to append the date / time behind the table name during the process. What is the best method for accomplishing this. On Thu, 3 Dec 2009 11:02:01 -0800, Make table query <Make table query@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am using a make table query to archieve data in a table. I would like to >append the date / time behind the table name during the process. What is the >best method for accomplishing this. Sorry, but that's a very bad idea. An archive should be stored external to t...

Linked Tables 03-23-07
HiI have a database with 31 linked tables. Normally, when I go to linkto a new Back End, I go to the Linked Table Manager, click Alwaysprompt for new location, click Select All, and click OK. It lets mebrowse to my backend file, and it links them all in one go.Now, it is asking me to browse for each individual table. 31 timesover!!Why is this?It is very tiresome, & totally unworkable for the user.Stapes...

Chart help
I have a chart that shows sales data for each company that has done work for us by month for the past year. Problem is that if there were no sales for that company for a given month, that month dosn't show in the graph. What I need to show is a graph by company for every month with a 0 sales total for that month if there were no sales. I know I could just go through and put in a zero sale for each company for any month that they did not have a sale, but... I seem to remember that there is a setting that will do this for me. Can someone tell me if I am corect and where this setting is? ...

general questions.. please help
can i know normally do people convert text files to xml format? how can we do to convert data from text files to xml? is it possible? to generate xml from jsp is it done automatically or manually? thanks in advance! appreciate if there are any links helpful... thanks all of u! jeremy *-----------------------* Posted at: www.GroupSrv.com *-----------------------* Hello Jeremy, > can i know normally do people convert text files to xml format? not normally by hand, but it can be done. Doing it with a program is better. > how can we do to convert data from text files to x...

Help! COUNTIF and SUMPRODUCT are eating my brain!
This *should* be easy, I guess, but I keep getting errors where I canno see a problem with my formula (Tho' admittedly I'm by no means an Exce expert). Here's my task: I have column G labeled "Tasks" and the cell values are either "Open" "Closed", "Cancelled", or blank. Then I have column L labeled "Name and the cell values are, of course, names. I'm simply trying to come u with a formula that will tally the tasks that are "Open" and of those how many are assigned to "Smith". After fruitless attempts using COUN...

String tables...
Hi, I have lots of #define values used in my project. I have put them all in a separate file called definitions.h and this file is available for all the files in the project. Can I remove this file and and use the string table instead? Pls advise. Thanks, Shirley If I understand the question, then yes. In fact, the recommended way would be to create a string table resource for your application. You then use LoadString to load one of the strings. -- Jonathan Wood SoftCircuits Programming http://www.softcircuits.com "Shirley" <shirley2972@yahoo.com> wrote in message ne...

need to display maximum value of corresponding values in excel
Hi, I have a requirement to display the maximum scored students based on the marks. i can able to display only one student if more than one scored the same marks i want to display there name also. example sl.no studentname mark 1 john 90 2 paul 95 3 sam 80 4 michel 95 using this formula =INDEX(B:B,MATCH(MAX(C:C),C:C,0)); i can able to display the value only "paul". i want to display both paul and michel. Please help us on this. Thanks in Advance. --- frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.excel.misc/ 95 =MAX((G1:G21="paul")*...

IM 10 Help
Hi, Need some help with IM 10 that came with GP 10 BE. I have tried following examples and manuel. Trying get vendor file in. 1. I have created a new intergration. 2. Added a new defined source. It is a comma delimited file. I give source a name. Browse and select file. Tell it is comma delimited and first row holds field names. Goto next tab "Columns". See all my source field names. 3. Add the Dynamics Vendor Destination. 4. go to mapping. the fields look ok. Two rules have source and rest have default. It will not let me change the rule drop down. So only those two rows can s...

Need the download again
My computer got infected by viruses and through system restorals and cleaning, Money Premium was wiped out. I have my data on an external drive, but don't have a workable program anymore, just parts of it. Most companies e-mail you the link to download the program but not this one. I can't seem to find it anywhere. I have tried the live chat deal, but since I can't open up the program, I can't get the product code, and I'm not goingt to pay $35 for it. I've e-mailed them once and just tried again. My next alternative is to cancel the service and order the CD. Th...

Payroll tables, Year1 field value = 0
Hello, Can anybody tell me what would a YEAR1 value of 0 on payroll tables mean? Thanks. FB ...

total VC newbie: a simple dialog box
*I only need a single word from user*, and my program hasn't main window. Well, I'm surrounded with books and tutorials, API, SDK, MSDN&KB, from VC++ for dummies to Petzold & lotsa stuff, but I still can't do such a simple thing!!! I'm with VC 6.0, Windows XP. I'll try to format my questions: 1) Is it complicated/unnessesary to do this manually? If not, what should I write? 2) Automated resourse production - what do I do with all those add/insert instruments? 0) I'd like to do it without use of MFC, does it make the "goal" (yes, laugh at me) more/les...

Receiving email (Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
When im half way through receiving a list of emails I loose my internet connection, as I have a dodgy phone line. I then have to press send and receive again because obviously I get an error on outlook express and when I click send and receive it starts from the begining of the list again. This has been going on for months now and ive got a list of about 11000 emails waiting to come through. Any ideas on what I should do? Is there any way of each time you click send and receive it starts from where it got upto last time e.g 30 0f 11000? Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cheers Steve ...

SQL Statement needed
Ok guys, I need some SQL statement help. I need a SQL statement that will pull up all intemlookupcodes, descriptions, and retail prices. I have that much already. I need the rest of the sql code to to also pull up the saleprice if the salestartdate >= the currentdate and the saleenddate <= currentdate. Basically I want a table pulled up that shows ALL Items in my database with the retail price, but will only display the sale price if it is currently on sale. If it is not CURRENTLY on sale, then the sale price will be = $0 because on that day the statement is run, the item is n...

Change all ranges in the Pivot Table
Hi, In first, sorry, I hope not to make a mistake about this forum. I have 12 files. I have one sheet which there are 6 pivot tables (TCD). Every month, I copy paste this sheet in the new month (in the new file) because I have a new database. I give a name to the database :Example : File January: Tablo01, ect´┐Ż In my 6 pivot tables, I use this name in the first step : Range : Tablo01. When I copy paste my sheet (TCD), obviously, I have a link with my other file (with the name of the previous Database) Manually, I change every range with the new name in these 6 pivot tables. I would li...

Help creating updateable query

Contacts Panel Missing! Help?
Version Outlook Express 6.0 In the left hand column, the only panel I have is "Folders." How can I make the "Contacts" column also appear on the left hand side? I've tried everything (properties, views, etc.) Thanks in Advance, Christine Check things out under the View menu > Layout command. Please note: This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.publi...

Need macro that performs same action top to bottom.
How can I write a macro that performs the same action on every row from top to bottom once I start it. More info please, unless of course you want to perform the action on all 65536 rows! TGHCOG -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I have a sheet with 810 rows and I need to insert a blank row between each. I know how to write a macro that will insert a blank row, but it only works one at a time. I'd like to start at the top and have it insert a blank between the first two and then drop down and repeat itself over and over untiul it gets to the bottom of the sheet. ...