Employee Training Help

Hey Y'all,

I am creating an employee training database where I can run reports and
queries about who has taken what type of course.

What kind of relationship should be created between the tables? Based on the
some of the discussions I have seen here, I have created three tables:

1: tblemployee (with employee id set as primary key)
2: tbltraining (with trainingid set as primary key).This table has no
employee information
3: tlbcompletedtraining (in this table I have employee ids with the id's of
the training courses that they have completed)

I am unsure of what kind what kind of relationships to create between the
three tables.

Any help out there would be greatly appreciated....

It sounds like both Employee and Training are one to many with Completed
Training
However since you might want to tracj scheduled training (not yet complete)
you might want to rename the third table and have an date for completion
which can be set or unset.
-- Dorian
eat for a lifetime".

Lkay107 wrote:
>Hey Y'all,
>
>I am creating an employee training database where I can run reports and
>queries about who has taken what type of course.
>
>What kind of relationship should be created between the tables? Based on the
>some of the discussions I have seen here, I have created three tables:
>
>1: tblemployee (with employee id set as primary key)
>2: tbltraining (with trainingid set as primary key).This table has no
>employee information
>3: tlbcompletedtraining (in this table I have employee ids with the id's of
>the training courses that they have completed)
>
>I am unsure of what kind what kind of relationships to create between the
>three tables.
>
>Any help out there would be greatly appreciated....

Employee---(1,M)---SessionRoster---(M,1)---Session---(M,1)----TrainingCourse

SessionRoster has "Grade" or "Completed" or something... to show that the
"student" finished the course.

PieterLinden
5/27/2010 11:06:15 PM
You might find this helpful --
How do you have your tables setup?  Maybe like this --
Employee --
EmpID - Autonumber - primary key
LName - text
FName - text
MI - text
HireDate - DateTime
Depart - DateTime
....etc.

Training --
CourseID - Autonumber - primary key
Title - text
Period - text (m- Monthly, q- Quarterly, yyyy- Yearly)
ReCur - Number - long integer
ReqdBy - text (OSHA 1910,  HR Manual 5.8.3, Finance 4.23.1)
Grace - Number - long integer – number of days grace period allowed

EmpTraining --
EmpID - number - long integer
CourseID - number - long integer
TngDue - DateTime
CompDate - DateTime
Pass - Yes/No

Employee.Depart Is Null AND EmpTraining.Max(CompDate) AND EmpTraining.Pass =
-1

Next_Training_Required:  DateAdd([Period], [ReCur], IIF(Abs(DateDiff(“d”,
Max(CompDate), Max(TngDue))) <= Grace, Max(TngDue), Max(CompDate)))

You could append training due records following update of any due record
using the two fields TngDue and CompDate.  Then run query with duedate
descending to show all next training.
------------------------
Here are two post of mine on maintenace that might apply to training --
You need a ServiceReq table listing the services and interval.  Then a
VehicleSvcReq the has vehicle ID, ServiceReq, Method.   Method is whether
next service is the last schedule plus interval or last completion plus
interval.
The interval needs to be the lowest common denominator of all services such
as weeks if any one of the services is to be accomplished on a weekly basis -
bi-weekly - monthly - quarterly.  All intervals will be multiples of the
selected interval. If fluid checks are weekly and oil change every three
months then oil change would be interval 13 - 13 weeks.
-----------------------                   ---------------
In a Task table have a field indicating interval number for the maintenance.
Use the lowest common denominator such as weeks, months or quarters.  If you
can not make it work with the lowest common denominator then use two fields,
one for interval type and other for numerial --
   m    2   - for 2 months
   d     30  - for 30 days
   q     2   - for 2 quarters
Use these in DateAdd function to create your workorders using an append query.

Another thing to think about is whether to schedule based on last performed
date or straight calendar.  If a maintenance task was performed late or
earlier should the next one be be form the completion date or whenever the
calendar says it should be.  Have a field in the task table indicating which
if you have mixed.
The workorder needs a date field for DueDate and Completed.  The append
query will look at task table for interval information and which date to use
- last completed or last scheduled.

--
Build a little, test a little.

"Lkay107" wrote:

> Hey Y'all,
>
> I am creating an employee training database where I can run reports and
> queries about who has taken what type of course.
>
> What kind of relationship should be created between the tables? Based on the
> some of the discussions I have seen here, I have created three tables:
>
> 1: tblemployee (with employee id set as primary key)
> 2: tbltraining (with trainingid set as primary key).This table has no
> employee information
> 3: tlbcompletedtraining (in this table I have employee ids with the id's of
> the training courses that they have completed)
>
> I am unsure of what kind what kind of relationships to create between the
> three tables.
>
> Any help out there would be greatly appreciated....

Help on logarithmic scale
hi friends.., I'm new to Excel development world and I got an assigment from our company to redesing an excel worksheet with a chart. The 'X' axis uses logarithmic scale and the value starts from 0.001. They need the maximum value to end at 200. How can I design this. When I select the major unit as 10 the 'X' axis values stops at 1000 after 100. Is there anyway to stop the 'X' axis major unit at 200 while using the logarithmic scale??? Thanking you, Rajesh Joy -- pj_raesh ------------------------------------------------------------------------ pj_raesh...

Help with Input Mask
Hello, I'm a complete newbie trying to design a relatively simple data base for organizing choir music. I need to store arranger and composer names and be able to search for them. I will not need to track or display first and last names separately, so I would rather not use separate fields. But I need to have the data input consistently. Is there a way to create an input mask or validation rule to insure "Last name, First Name" format? Thank you, -- Leslie On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 13:12:00 -0700, leslie1165 wrote: > Hello, > > I'm a complete newbie trying t...

Need help with modifying VLookUp
I need some help with modifying a VLOOKUP function. I have the following data in cell range E1:G9. Col_E Col_F Col_G ===== ===== ===== Richard 1 A Richard 2 B Richard 3 C Sue 4 D Sue 5 E Sue 6 F Tom 7 G Tom 8 H Tom 9 I Cell A1 will have either one of the 3 names: Richard, Sue, Tom Then, in cell range A15:B17, I want to show the associated values of either name: - F1:G3, or - F4:G6, or - F7:G9 So, if A1 = ...

Please help me!!! Migrating from Outsourced Exchange to In-House
Hello I am faced with a rather difficult task and dilemma. Here is my scenario: My company currently hosts Microsoft Exchange 2003 with a third-party solution that hosts several thousand accounts from different companies on the same exchange server. We have built an in-house exchange server that is ready for deployment. I need to know the best and most seamless way to transition from the outsourced company to our in-house exchange so that mail delivery is not disrupted. The email address and domain name will remain the same. I have contacted several companies that offer tools for e...

Help with labels and lines in chart
Hi all i am tracking a few things and i wanted to make some objects in the my chart reposition dynamicly as i change the scale i dont care if i have to do a little clean up but just that the postions stay correct i have attached a picture any suggestion would be greatly appreshated +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: Unti.png | |Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=5056 | +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ -- crash893 ---------------...

uploading a website, dumb stuff, but I need help
This is my first time, and go figure, Verizon is no help (my ISP). How can I make it work. I'm dumfounded. I created the html files in Publisher, but when I upload them using WS FTP, only the default (1st) page works, and none of the links work. How about you tell us what version of Windows and Publisher you are using? -- I'm going to guess you are using version 2002. I recommend you review my 2002 tutorial at www.davidbartosik.com/ppt.htm I also recommend you use our forum at microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign -- David Bartosik - Microsoft MVP Visit www.davidbartosi...

Classroom training
Any suggestions, experiences, comments on boot camp/classroom training for the installation/configuration and financial series MS classes? Anywhere in USA, looking to train a key person for a small (50 user) company. Thanks for your time. ...

HELP RE: DISPLAY CHECK NUMBER ON PAYEE REPORT WITH
How do I get a historic payment reoport for a specific payee including check number, date, amount, and payee name? ie: "Car Loan Payment history for the period 1/1/01 thru today" Payee: Check # : Date: Amount: (and perhaps a running total or a final total) I think I have tried all the built in reports and can't find one to do this or modify existing to do this. I see this information in the "view payee details" window, listed in the format I require but when I select PRINT all that prints is the bar graph that is also displayed on this page. I ca...

GP Training Classes
Our company is ready to send me to a Great Plains training class for 7.5. I wanted some input from someone who has taken a class--was it worth it??? They want me to look into onsite training if the price is not outrageous. Our partner has not been very helpful with this issue. We are located in Northeast Ohio. The closest class I found was in Pittsburgh, PA. Are there any Microsoft training centers in the Cleveland/Youngstown area?? I just want to make sure that these classes are beneficial and we are not just wasting money and I won't gain anything from it. Any input o...

Excel file opens MS Excel Training Webpage When the Excel file ope
I have a file that I think was originally created using the on-line MS training. Now evertime I open the excel file the web page automatically opens. It's mostly just an annouance. I was able to copy the content into a new file and it stopped this behavior but I'd love to know how it happened and/or how to turn it off in the original file. Excel 2007 - mail merge file - opens thle link below everytime I open the excel file http://office.microsoft.com/training/training.aspx?ver=12&ver=12&app=excel.exe&AssetID=RH011206001033 Thanks John ...

Help #7
Sir, Question1. How to recover or check consitency using eseutil and other console commands? Question 2. At Present Exchange Server is in Live containing Database of 110 users Can We do clustering in exchange to fail over recovery. Did it will affect the existing data base Waiting for your reply regards Sathish kumar Hi, Eseutil is located at "C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\BIN". This utility can be used for several things go to this directory then run eseutil, it will display all the options available. You can do exchange cluster, but you need to make sure you got Exchange E...

help with weekdays between two dates
A little rusty with access - been away for a while. Wondering if someone could help me with determining the weekdays between two dates. a simple function of somekind using the date or count functions? Be great if it did stat holidays too but I know that's asking more than is possible? JT "Jim" <jimt@pioneers.ca> wrote in message news:2rWAj.66322$pM4.15431@pd7urf1no... >A little rusty with access - been away for a while. > > Wondering if someone could help me with determining the weekdays between > two dates. > > a simple function of somekind us...

Help with this code please !!!!!!!
I have use the code set below in other files but in this new file I am getting an error on "Cells.Select". "Select method of Range class failed" Any idea whats going on? Sheets("Completions Summary").Select Cells.Select Selection.Copy Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues Application.CutCopyMode = False Range("A4").Select are you sure you have the sheet name correct? no need to select, i'd use something like this: With Worksheets("Completions Summary").Cells .Copy ...

Excel help>>>>>
Hey all :) i'm new to this forum and have a question. I'm working with windows and doors in wood in my own firm. I use excel to calculate the price and also to calculate the windows frames. So here is the question : is it in any way to get excel to draw the frames for the windows based on what i set for Width and Height or is it not possible ?? Something like this : http://www.windowmaker.com/eng/udd2.htm Thanks for any reply. :) -- Globel ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Globel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action...

Date Help
I have linked two columns on a worksheet so that when I type in the date in cell C6 it also appears in cell J6. I entered =$C$6 in J6, and this works except sometimes I don’t need to use the date cells. My problem is in cell J6 the date appears as 1/0/00 until I type the date into cell C6. What am I doing wrong? Thanks, Malcolm Hi, use this formula instead =if(C6="","",$C$6) "Malcolm" wrote: > I have linked two columns on a worksheet so that when I type in the date in > cell C6 it also appears in cell J6. I entered =$C$6 in J6, and ...

Help with debugging query (Rolling Average)
Hi I'm trying to do a rolling average on data that is ordered by a date time column. I'm after adivce about how best to do this, I've tried this - SELECT Time, ValueX, (HOUR(Time) * 3600 + Minute(Time) * 60 + Second(Time)) As TickTock (SELECT Avg(ValueX) FROM My_Table WHERE TickTock Between (TickTock) AND (TickTock) + 30) AS RollingAverage FROM My_Table; Basically my thinking was that it would be easier to work on this datetime data as Seconds, So that my rolling average can be based on 10, at 3 second intervals When I try this I get nothing in my RollingAverage box and also a...

Help with query-dont want to see dupes
I've made a query to find customers that have ordered a certain product between a period of time. Some customers order a lot so they'll appear multiple times but I only want to show each customer once. The field to compare is ContactID On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 10:02:51 -0700, "Rob" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote: >I've made a query to find customers that have ordered a certain product >between a period of time. Some customers order a lot so they'll appear >multiple times but I only want to show each customer once. > >The field to compare is Contac...

Please Help: Character Insertion
Hello: I have an excel database full of product from my supplier. One of th columns contains UPC codes. A full UPC code is 11 digits, but for som reason my supplier omits the number zero in which the first number i zero. Right now, I have half a list of correct 11 digit codes, and th other half I need to insert a zero in front og very first digit. I there any way for me to do this in bulk instead of doing one by one? for example 12345678999 9999999999 (I need zeroes entered on these in the beginning -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Maybe change the format to custom 00000...

SendMessage Question/Problem
I have a dialog box with a toolbar subclassed in it that has a combo box. I have embedded the toolbar in a static control on the dialog box. When an item in the combo box is selected, I am getting the OnSelChange message being triggered in the subclassed tool bar class. I then get the item that was selected and call GetOwner()->SendMessage(WM_NOTIFY......) In the dialog box I have a ON_NOTIFY message command for the IDR_TOOLBAR. when I debug the OnSelChange method in the subclassed toolbar class, I can see it setting up the call, but when I place my cursor and do run to cursor in the O...

Can someone help me print a 4 up post card in publisher 2007
I have been trying to print 4 postcards on a page but can not figure out how to do it. Please help! I'm a Publisher 2000 user and this is how I would do it using 8�"x11" stock. File Page Setup Special Size Width 5.5" Height 4.25" OK Create Postcard File Print Page Options button (lower left corner of Print window) Select Print multiple copies per sheet Custom Options button All margins set to 0" OK OK -- Don Vancouver, USA "JustAlice" <JustAlice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5A7FC53C-3357-41FB-B650-...

Public Folder Replication Problem [need help]
I'm 90% done migrating my Exchange 2003 server to new hardware, I'm having trouble finishing this step - replicating the Public Mail Store.. I've added the new server to the replication tab in ESM, the folders are showing up under the new server, and are in sync! However in ESM when I go Administrative Groups -> First Admin Group -> Folders -> Public Folders, there is a list here.. this list is what shows on Outlook clients under "public folders".. when I right click this folder and say Connect to.. and select the new server's public mail store, I get ...

Re: HELP ! Browser disaster !!
Clarification: I meant do a System Restore to a point in time PRIOR in time to saving those test files below, obviously. Bill in Co. wrote: > Daave wrote: >> Trying to untangle this web... >> >> Ken Blake, MVP wrote: >>> On Mon, 14 Dec 2009 17:54:55 -0700, "Bill in Co." >>> <not_really_here@earthlink.net> wrote: >>> >>>> HeyBub wrote: >>>>> Bill in Co. wrote: >>>>>> Yes, I know you said that, but I asked specifically about what >>>>>> would be the cons...

help...outlook express troubles
My outlook express is no longer downloading email from my server....i think this is related to some sort of bug, worm, or other problem which changed my system clock and perhaps other things...my system clock was set to about 40 years in the future and all kinds of stuff was messed up...i fixed the clock but still have the problem with outlook express....i have two questions....is there a way to check the date within outlook express and is should i reinstall it..and if reinstall it, how do i do that? please advise. sorry, this sis the Outlook forum, not OE. However, I can refer you ...

LDAP screen help???
Just installed Outlook 2003. When I launch I get the attached screen. How do I get this screen to go away?? Thanks in Advance, Larry Tools->email accounts->directories->View or change->remove the LDAP directory from the list that appears. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: XT <xt50@home.net> asked: | Just installed Outlook 2003. When I launch I get the attached screen. | How do I get this screen to go away?? | | Thanks in Advance, | Larry ...

help with date formula
hello gurus Imagine two columns (part of a larger table) , the first with dates, and the second showing the difference (in days) between a date and the one above it. My problem is that there are varying numbers blank rows between the dates. I'd like it to look like this... COLUMN A COLUMN B Aug 27, 08 0 Dec 01, 08 96 Jan 21, 09 51 Jan 22, 09 1 Mar 08, 09 55 What formula could I use in the cells of Column B? Much thanks Victoria On Sun, 29 Nov 2009 16:27:01 -0800, Victoria <Victoria@discussions.microsof...