Control can't be edited; it's bound to a replication system column 'TableName'.

I have an Access 2007 accdb database.  It hast a table in it with field
names TableName and FieldName and a bunch of others.  This table has had a
small number of records added to it (37) over the life of the database.
Suddenly, the two fields TableName and FieldName cannot be edited.  That is
even if the table is open as a table and you try to type a new record.  When
you do that an error message is briefly displayed in the left hand end of
the Access main window's status bar.  For example if you try to input
anything into the TableName field you will be blocked and you will briefly
see:

Control can't be edited; it's bound to a replication system column
'TableName'.

How do I unbind it?  Access 2007 does even support replication in an accdb
file.
0
Stewart

Answered in microsoft.public.access.replication.

Don't double post. If you *must*, crosspost, but putting individual
posts in different newsgroups is just anti-social behavior.

-1
David
4/24/2010 4:00:09 AM
"David W. Fenton" <XXXusenet@dfenton.com.invalid> wrote:

>Answered in microsoft.public.access.replication.
>
>Don't double post. If you *must*, crosspost, but putting individual
>posts in different newsgroups is just anti-social behavior.

I apologize for the double post.  I posted it where I thought it belonged in
the Replication newsgroup.  Then I noticed that the Replication newsgroup is
not a "Managed" newsgroup and the "Managed" newsgroup that seemed closes to
the problem was the tabledesign newsgroup -- so I posted it here.

0
Stewart
4/29/2010 9:34:59 PM
Stewart Berman <saberman@nospam.nospam> wrote in

> "David W. Fenton" <XXXusenet@dfenton.com.invalid> wrote:
>
>>Answered in microsoft.public.access.replication.
>>
>>Don't double post. If you *must*, crosspost, but putting
>>individual posts in different newsgroups is just anti-social
>>behavior.
>
> I apologize for the double post.  I posted it where I thought it
> belonged in the Replication newsgroup.  Then I noticed that the
> Replication newsgroup is not a "Managed" newsgroup and the
> "Managed" newsgroup that seemed closes to the problem was the
> tabledesign newsgroup -- so I posted it here.

What is a "managed" newsgroup?

You're not under the impression that Microsoft controls the
microsoft.public.access newsgroups, are you? Or that any significant
percentage of the most active posters in these newsgroups use the MS
website to post?

David
4/29/2010 11:44:19 PM
"David W. Fenton" <XXXusenet@dfenton.com.invalid> wrote:

>Stewart Berman <saberman@nospam.nospam> wrote in
>
>> "David W. Fenton" <XXXusenet@dfenton.com.invalid> wrote:
>>
>>>Answered in microsoft.public.access.replication.
>>>
>>>Don't double post. If you *must*, crosspost, but putting
>>>individual posts in different newsgroups is just anti-social
>>>behavior.
>>
>> I apologize for the double post.  I posted it where I thought it
>> belonged in the Replication newsgroup.  Then I noticed that the
>> Replication newsgroup is not a "Managed" newsgroup and the
>> "Managed" newsgroup that seemed closes to the problem was the
>> tabledesign newsgroup -- so I posted it here.
>
>What is a "managed" newsgroup?
>
>You're not under the impression that Microsoft controls the
>microsoft.public.access newsgroups, are you? Or that any significant
>percentage of the most active posters in these newsgroups use the MS
>website to post?

Stewart
4/30/2010 1:09:06 PM
On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 09:09:06 -0400, Stewart Berman <saberman@nospam.nospam>
wrote:

>"David W. Fenton" <XXXusenet@dfenton.com.invalid> wrote:
>
>>Stewart Berman <saberman@nospam.nospam> wrote in

>>> I apologize for the double post.  I posted it where I thought it
>>> belonged in the Replication newsgroup.  Then I noticed that the
>>> Replication newsgroup is not a "Managed" newsgroup and the
>>> "Managed" newsgroup that seemed closes to the problem was the
>>> tabledesign newsgroup -- so I posted it here.
>>
>>What is a "managed" newsgroup?
>>
>>You're not under the impression that Microsoft controls the
>>microsoft.public.access newsgroups, are you? Or that any significant
>>percentage of the most active posters in these newsgroups use the MS
>>website to post?

Stewart, the MSDN forum is (currently at least) just one of many newsreaders
which connect to this NNTP newsgroup. You can do so directly from Outlook
Express, or Windows Live Mail, or Agent, or any of dozens of "repackager"
websites. The content is the same whether it's "managed" or not, and in
practice we almost never see Microsoft employees posting here.

As David says, the bulk of the answers are provided by volunteers like him and
me, who don't use the Forums or any other webpage. It's just more convenient
if you're reading and replying to scores of messages; a good newsreader like
Agent is just *faster* than waiting for a clunky web interface to update the
screen.
--

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John W. Vinson <jvinson@STOP_SPAM.WysardOfInfo.com> wrote:

>On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 09:09:06 -0400, Stewart Berman <saberman@nospam.nospam>
>wrote:
>
>>"David W. Fenton" <XXXusenet@dfenton.com.invalid> wrote:
>>
>>>Stewart Berman <saberman@nospam.nospam> wrote in

>>>What is a "managed" newsgroup?
>>>
>>>You're not under the impression that Microsoft controls the
>>>microsoft.public.access newsgroups, are you? Or that any significant
>>>percentage of the most active posters in these newsgroups use the MS
>>>website to post?

>Stewart, the MSDN forum is (currently at least) just one of many newsreaders
>which connect to this NNTP newsgroup. You can do so directly from Outlook
>Express, or Windows Live Mail, or Agent, or any of dozens of "repackager"
>websites. The content is the same whether it's "managed" or not, and in
>practice we almost never see Microsoft employees posting here.
>
>As David says, the bulk of the answers are provided by volunteers like him and
>me, who don't use the Forums or any other webpage. It's just more convenient
>if you're reading and replying to scores of messages; a good newsreader like
>Agent is just *faster* than waiting for a clunky web interface to update the
>screen.

I think you missed this in the link I provided:
". A Microsoft engineer will respond within 2 business days to your posting
if the community hasn't already gotten you the answer."

0
Stewart
5/3/2010 6:34:19 AM
On Mon, 03 May 2010 02:34:19 -0400, Stewart Berman <saberman@nospam.nospam>
wrote:

>I think you missed this in the link I provided:
>". A Microsoft engineer will respond within 2 business days to your posting
>if the community hasn't already gotten you the answer."

I'm aware of this promise.

I'm also a regular reader of this forum  and I have not seen ANY - not a
single one - postings from Microsoft engineers.

If you can cite such posts I'll be glad to apologize to you and to them, but
if they are posting such replies they're pretty much invisible.
--

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John W. Vinson <jvinson@STOP_SPAM.WysardOfInfo.com> wrote:

>On Mon, 03 May 2010 02:34:19 -0400, Stewart Berman <saberman@nospam.nospam>
>wrote:
>
>>I think you missed this in the link I provided:
>>". A Microsoft engineer will respond within 2 business days to your posting
>>if the community hasn't already gotten you the answer."
>
>I'm aware of this promise.
>
>I'm also a regular reader of this forum  and I have not seen ANY - not a
>single one - postings from Microsoft engineers.
>
>If you can cite such posts I'll be glad to apologize to you and to them, but
>if they are posting such replies they're pretty much invisible.

Here's two threads I happened to save references to:
o7en55h3l4hjajg9vnjd18fg3ari83icnq@4ax.com
qds5n4pqhv5f5btea2ko2rj1nk0e9ut1b7@4ax.com

Do you want me to search for some more?

0
Stewart
5/3/2010 8:26:31 PM
On Mon, 03 May 2010 16:26:31 -0400, Stewart Berman <saberman@nospam.nospam>
wrote:

>Here's two threads I happened to save references to:
>o7en55h3l4hjajg9vnjd18fg3ari83icnq@4ax.com
>qds5n4pqhv5f5btea2ko2rj1nk0e9ut1b7@4ax.com
>
>Do you want me to search for some more?

Can't read these from Agent but I apologize and I'll take your word for it. MS
engineers do sometimes reply, and I'm missing them (perhaps because I skip
over many answered threads).
--

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0

From: changliw@online.microsoft.com ("Charles Wang [MSFT]")
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 07:52:08 GMT
Subject: RE: Unable to Append All the Data to the Table
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.access.queries

Dear Stewart,
Welcome to Microsoft MSDN Managed Newsgroup.

Regarding this issue, based on my research, two main reasons for the
occurrence of the above error message are discussed below:
1. Appending of the records that were the primary key values
2. Violating referential integrity rules for a relationship defined between
tables

I recommend that you first try using an built-in repair utility ("Compact
and Repair") provided in MS Office. To use the utility, you will need to
follow these steps:
1. Go to the Tools menu, select Database Utilities and then click Compact
and Repair Database.
2. Locate and then click the database in the "Database to Compact From"
dialog box, and then click Compact.
3. Select an appropriate folder location for the new file in the "Compact
Database Into" dialog box, type a unique name for the file and then click
on Save.
In most cases, the inbuilt utility resolves your problem. However, if the
built-in utility is unable to resolve the issue, then you will need to opt
for powerful Access Repair utility. These Access Database Repair
applications employ effective scanning methods to completely scan and
repair the corrupted database. These applications can recover and restore
inaccessible Access databases (.mdb and .accdb).

Before you take the above action, please first save a copy of your access
database. In case it does not help, I recommend that you send me
(changliw_at_microsoft_dot_com) a copy of your Access database and the text
file to me so that I can quickly reproduce your issue and perform effective
research on it.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Charles Wang
Microsoft Online Community Support
Delighting our customers is our #1 priority. We welcome your
comments and suggestions about how we can improve the
support we provide to you. Please feel free to let my manager
know what you think of the level of service provided. You can
send feedback directly to my manager at: msdnmg@microsoft.com.
Stewart

Do MFC ActiveX Controls have dual interfaces?
Do MFC ActiveX Controls have dual interfaces? Kurt ...

edit Direct Deposit ACH file
would like to see a tool that allows editing of direct deposit ACH file similar to the PM EFT User Defined tool. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=d4ef4f25-a5...

Master/content pages: prob with passing a control to JS

only the first 5 columns of a 10 column excel spreadsheet sort
How do I get the whole spread sheet to sort? There is a blue lox for the first 5 columns that limits the range of the sort. How do I remove it? Using Office 2003. Maybe if you remove the Data|list Select a cell in that blue box. Data|list|convert to range jrw562 wrote: > > How do I get the whole spread sheet to sort? There is a blue lox for the > first 5 columns that limits the range of the sort. How do I remove it? > Using Office 2003. -- Dave Peterson ...

Hide columns according to background fill color
I am having trouble understanding how Excel handles colors. I have a public sub that sets a public variable, "TermColor" using the RGB function. TermColor is of type MsoRGBType. In another module, I use the TermColor variable as follows: Sub WeedColsByColor(ByRef Clr, ByRef WS) Dim LastCol, i As Long With Worksheets(WS) LastCol = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Row - 1 + ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count 'hide columns if they have one of the forbidden colors Debug.Print (CBool(.Cells(2, i).Interior.Color = Clr)) ...

Which Controls to Build a Parent/Child Web Form
Hi there, I'm quite new to asp.net, but know exactly how to do this using classic ASP, but would like some pointers for aspnet2. I've got data being returned from an SP which looks like this: HeaderItem ChildItem A A1 A A2 A A3 B B1 etc I want to display the data like this A - This is the header record A1 A2 A3 B - Header 2 B1 etc. In classic ASP I'd write out my header row html when HeaderItem changes value and then write the Child Rows. As I've on...

Can there be variable size columns in one report?
I want to create a report that has 3 sub-reports of different column widths. Is this possible? -The 1st sub-report has 1 column that occupies the entire width of the page -The 2nd sub-report can fit 2 columns in the page width -The 3rd sub-report can fit 3 columns in the page width Subreports can have any number of columns that don't have to be the same from one to another. Typically your columns should display across then down in order to render properly as a subreport. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "SheldonHinds" wrote: > I want to create a r...

System Cleanup Outlook 2007
I have Outlook 2007 at work and every so often I see a folder called system cleanup that automatically puts my outgoing emails, calendar and task items in that folder. How do I get rid of that or at least be able to set the time frame. Right now it appears to be approximately a month. Thank you Did you ask those that take of your corporate e-mail system if they have a process that runs server side that does this? The reason that I ask is that there are solutions that run on the Microsoft Exchange server that do archival and maintenance on the database. "sheila4typing&...

Excel 2003: How to make transparent columns in Excel chart?
If you create a bar plot froma given dataset you can format the columns by right clicking and choosing the desired options. In the tab that opens there is a slider which is supposed tho set the level of transparency of the column (selceted area). But so far i couldn't find a way how to use this slider. I know that there is an alternative way to get transparent bars by creating a rectangular object formating it and the use copy -> paste. But i wonder what is the slider for if you can't use it? Does anybody know have an idea? Cheers, Thomas ...

Runtime Control Addition
Hello everybody, I was searching the net for any resource that helps me on the subject of Adding Controls at runtime into a MFC application. I also wanted to handle the messages as well. Please help me on the subject with any tips or resources you know. Thank you so much. Shervin Hello Shervin, > Hello everybody, > > I was searching the net for any resource that helps me on the subject > of > Adding Controls at runtime into a MFC application. I also wanted to > handle > the messages as well. > Please help me on the subject with any tips or resources you know. >...

Button Control Event: question
I have a small dialog that prints data it queries from a server to a listbox when a user presses a start button. What I'd like to do is to have the data continually print after the button is pressed until the user presses a stop button. So, I guess I would need to initiate some kind of continuous loop for the data querying/printing, but I'm unsure how to get the stop button to break the loop. If this even the best solution. Does anyone have any ideas of how I could accomplish this, or perhaps a better design idea? Thanks, Marcus Marcus wrote: > I have a small dialog that prints d...

Column width
In Sheet 1 I have a certain amount of data, I want to select some cells and copy them to Sheet 2 keeping the same format. When I do this, the fonts and the colours remain unchanged, but the column width don't. I have tried paste special, but couldn't figure it out. Is this possible? Thanks in advance Regards, Emece.- --Copy range --Select the target cell and right click >PasteSpecial>All>OK --Keeping the target selection right click>PasteSpecial>select ColumnWidth>OK If this post helps click Yes --------------- Jacob Skaria "Emece"...

Some stupid questions about edit the aspx file
Hi, I'm quite newbie about asp.net & other web application. I've heared that we can put some code in the CRM aspx file. For example, we can make OnChange event to the textbox in CRM & put some code in it. I know it is unsupported by microsoft, but I need to know how to do it. I've been searching this newsgroup & microsoft.public.crm, but I couldn't found any sample. My question is pretty simple (or stupid, I guess): I've looked in inetpub\wwwroot\SFA\quotes\edit.aspx, but I don't know what to do. My friend telling me that the code behind, is under som...

Hyperlink in my Dialog control
I want my text in a dialog control to behave like a hyperlink in a web page. Is it possible and how(VC 6.0) Thanks I. Lesher http://www.codeproject.com/miscctrl/hyperlink.asp Here are some examples: http://www.codeguru.com/staticctrl/HyperlinkStatic.html http://www.codeproject.com/staticctrl/cmyhyperlink.asp http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/01/01/c/default.aspx (look for CStaticLink) -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Lesher" <Lesher@triplebit.com> wrote in message news:uRDIoju#DHA.808@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... | I want my text in a dialog contr...

cursor control in cells
Can anyone help please? For some reason i am no longer able to scroll across a cell by moving through teh arrow keys. The whole sheet moves instead. Can anyone tell me what I ahve done to lose this control please? Many thanx DAT Hi Dave You have probably inadvertently pressed the Skulk key. Press it again to take Scroll Lock off and you should be OK. -- Regards Roger Govier "Dave T" <datucker@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:J8sUh.378$V7.132@newsfe7-gui.ntli.net... > Can anyone help please? > For some reason i am no longer able to scroll across a cell by ...

Add values in a column according to value in another column
How can I add the values in a column according to values in another column? If there is any value in a row in column B, I want to include the value of the corresponding row in column A. I'm flexible as to whether this is ANY value (i.e. not empty) or greater than zero. Hi Paul Maybe something like this =IF(B1="","",IF(B1>0,B1+A1)) Regards Cimjet "Paul Kaye" <paulmjkaye@gmail.com> wrote in message news:05befaf3-9ba8-48c8-aebb-654f0269d1dc@34g2000hsf.googlegroups.com... > How can I add the values in a column according to values in another > colu...

How do I make a column be my default column in Access
I need to make my desricption field my default field. How do I do that? Right not it defaults to my items field. me.controlname.setfocus or in macro GoToControl "controlname" Bonnie http://www.dataplus-svc.com michelle wrote: >I need to make my desricption field my default field. How do I do that? Right >not it defaults to my items field. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access/200912/1 Or, if you don't want to use events, simply set your tab order from the form design view. -- Frank H R...

Large file edit
How can I retrieve and edit a large text (735 mb) file using Publisher 2003? My computer have 1024mb (SDRAM) memory. Each time I try to load the file via the "from exiting publication" I get the message "Windows is low on memory. save your work and close other programs before you continue working" (all programs are closed)! How much memory does Publisher 2003 require, or what is it's maximum file size capability? Turn off "script blocking" in Norton. Does this error occur in safe mode? Could be a printer driver... -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office....

Copying non-adjacent columns to adjacent rows
Hi all, I consider myself fluent in Excel, but I've developed a situation that has stumped me. Any help would be much appreciated. I might be able to solve this issue if somebody could show me how to add a number to a column. For example, if I want Excel to pull data from Column D, how can I get Excel to realize that column D is really the same thing as Column A + 3? I know you can use the column() command to get the numerical value for a column, but is there a way to have it do that in reverse, such that you could tell it the column number is 4 and it would know that you are referring...

counting dates <= 7 days ago based on criteria in a diff column
I have a spreadsheet that holds all tasks for a project. Column D holds a catagory and column Q holds the date closed. I need a formula (on a separate sheet) that counts all tasks of a specific category that were closed in the past 7 days. I already have a formula that calculates all tasks that were closed in the past 7 days, just need to add the additional criterion of the category. Hi, Try this =sumproduct((sheet1!D2:D30=A2)*((today()-sheet1!Q2:Q30)=7)) A2 on sheet2 has the specific category for which you want to count the closed tasks -- Regards, Ashish Mathur...

How do I clear a column of data without clearing the formulas?
I want to zero out a column of data, but not the subtotal formulas. How can I do that easily without going to every cell? Hi Select your column then choose edit / goto / special - constants - ok this will just select the non-formula cells then press the delete key cheers JulieD "EllenSwarts" <EllenSwarts@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DD518142-47BC-438D-BE23-8DF1E9F72042@microsoft.com... >I want to zero out a column of data, but not the subtotal formulas. How >can > I do that easily without going to every cell? qlso look at: http://www...

excel command that counts conditions met in 2 columns?
is there a form of countif that increments only if conditions are met in two (or more) columns? e.g., countif(colA = 1 and colB = 2) Hi You need SUMPRODUCT. Have a look here for some guidance and post back if you need some more help. http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions01.html#SumProduct Hope this helps. Andy. "brendalw" <brendalw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F21CD5F8-8679-4A8E-90FC-AA35657C19DC@microsoft.com... > is there a form of countif that increments only if conditions are met in > two > (or more) columns? e.g., countif(colA = 1 a...

Need to create blank computation column
Ok, let's try again. This time I'm breaking it down to a simple problem so that I don't confuse anyone: I have 3 cells in a row. In cell x I have a variable. In cell y I have a variable. In cell z I have a formula: =x*y . Now if the user is presented with variable x and nothing for variable y, and the formula is already in place, cell z will display 0. But I want the user to be presented with a blank field instead, until such time he/she enters in a variable for cell y. Therefore, I need to know what command will tell cell z to display a figure only if the computation is ...

cursor moves too fast while shading text in columns
When I try to shade a portion of a column in excel or a word table, sometimes the cursor moves so quick to the end of the column that I can't get it to stop where I want the shading to stop. This does not happen in every table or every spreadsheet. Is there a setting somewhere that I'm overlooking?? Thanks for your help!! A better technique is to do a shift-click. Click on the first cell, then scroll down (or over), hold the shift key down, and click the last cell, all cells in between will be shaded "nanimadrina" wrote: > When I try to shade a portion of a colum...

Replicating exchange server
I already have Windows2003 SP1 with exchange server 2003 on an HP Server . I am planning to create another machine with the same exact configuration that would be a replicate incase original system has problem. Any idea what I should be aware of. this will not work...only way to accomplish this is to use some flavor of clustering, or some third party solution...Marathon Technologies', NeverFail; there are a few out there... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "esfandiarfard" <esfandiarfard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B285F554-A6C2-43BA-90B6-D0C465D77459@micro...