Changing values

I have a many-to-many relationship between Outings (with a primary key
of EventID) and Members (with a primary key of MemberID). There is a
table that ties the 2 together, tblAttendees that holds the EventID
and MemberID.

Recently, the MemberID of the tblAttendees changed on 2 records in the
table. I can see the before in an earlier version of the database and
can see what changed in the current database. It appears to be the
first event in the tblAttendee which is changing when a new member is
added. Am I doing something wrong or ??
0
Jeffrey

Jeffrey Marks wrote:
>I have a many-to-many relationship between Outings (with a primary key
>of EventID) and Members (with a primary key of MemberID). There is a
>table that ties the 2 together, tblAttendees that holds the EventID
>and MemberID.
>
>Recently, the MemberID of the tblAttendees changed on 2 records in the
>table. I can see the before in an earlier version of the database and
>can see what changed in the current database. It appears to be the
>first event in the tblAttendee which is changing when a new member is
>added. Am I doing something wrong or ??

Not something I have ever seen.  How are you entering your records?  Do you
have Forms based on Outings and Members, each with a subform based on
Attendee?  Do you have any code behind your forms?  Something here just
doesn't sound right.

PieterLinden
5/29/2010 1:13:03 AM
On Fri, 28 May 2010 16:43:47 -0700 (PDT), Jeffrey Marks <jeffrmarks@gmail.com>
wrote:

>I have a many-to-many relationship between Outings (with a primary key
>of EventID) and Members (with a primary key of MemberID). There is a
>table that ties the 2 together, tblAttendees that holds the EventID
>and MemberID.
>
>Recently, the MemberID of the tblAttendees changed on 2 records in the
>table. I can see the before in an earlier version of the database and
>can see what changed in the current database. It appears to be the
>first event in the tblAttendee which is changing when a new member is
>added. Am I doing something wrong or ??

One way this can happen is if you have a Combo Box on a form with the purpose
of selecting which record to view; such a combo *should* be Unbound (nothing
in its control source). If you use a Bound combo, it will overwrite the
Control Source with whatever ID is selected when the user tries to search.
--

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0

change horizontal header position in excel
Anyone know how to change the horizontal position of the HEADER or FOOTER in EXCEL???? I would greatly appreciate any help. Thank you for your time. pico Wrote: > Anyone know how to change the horizontal position of the HEADER o > FOOTER in > EXCEL???? I would greatly appreciate any help. Thank you for your time. Pico, Can't you go into View/Header-Footer and use the "Left-Center-Right" catagories? You could use spaces in front of your data to move back an forth. Dav -- Piranh ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Piranha's Profi...

Why is Excel changing the last 2 digits of a 17 digit num to 00.
When I enter a 17 digit number in a cell in Excel, the last 2 digits turn to 00 when I leave the cell. Format - Cell does not have a setting to stop this 'feature'. How do I make Excel recongize the large number? On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 19:09:01 -0700, "Allie" <Allie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When I enter a 17 digit number in a cell in Excel, the last 2 digits turn to >00 when I leave the cell. Format - Cell does not have a setting to stop this >'feature'. Excel Specifications and Limits: Calculation specifications Feature Maximu...

Detect page change in PropertySheet?
Hi, I have a property sheet that is the parent of several property pages. If the user clicks a tab to change to another page, is there a way I can detect this (and possibly prevent the change) in the PropertySheet dialog? Does windows/MFC send any kind of message to the PropertySheet dialog? I looked at all of the over-rides and WM_ message, but cannot see anything. Thanks! Not directly. You can catch that in the CPropertyPage and relay the message to the CPropertySheet. (I know you are asking, why doesn't the CPropertySheet get the notificatio first? who knows!) AliR. "...

Changing e-mail address
dI´m trying to change mail-address in AD-Users and computer. From "nnnn@xxx.xx" to "nnnn@yyy.xx", but it won't work. On the tab "e-mail Addresses" i try to set "nnnn@yyy.xx" as Primary, but it don't stay that way. If I open directly and check it seems right, but close and do one more client, the first has change back to "nnnn@xxx.xx". What am I doing wrong ???????? You will need to uncheck the checkbox "Automatically update e-mail addresses based on recipient policy" for the change to stay. Also make sure that you ...

... I want to change a chart type ...
I have a "Line - Column" chart in my spreadsheet. My Bars represent the month which is in a Linked Cell. The Value of the Bars is a Dollar amount from a Linked Cell. The Line represents a Target Dollar Value. I would like to add a second line that would represent a count from a linked range of cells. Can I edit my existing chart, or do I have to create a new one? Could you give me a few pointers? Darrell Select and drag the new column onto the chart. In the resulting dialog box, ensure you specify 'new series'. Once XL finishes adding the series, if it is not the...

Changing fonts in msgbox
If i create a msgbox with a prompt, can i change or modify the font of the text in the msgbox ?? Ditto Inputbox.... thanks! ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ You can't change the font used in a MsgBox. This limitation is one of the prices you pay for the simplicity of a MsgBox. If you need to change the font, you need to create a UserForm and display that form instead of using a MsgBox. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel www.cpears...

Change of field separator
When I open CSV files in Excel all data is put in one column. Can anyone tell me, where I change my set up, so I get another field separator? Please be specific, because my Excel is a Danish version, and sometimes I have a hard time following the English instructions. Thanks! Jane Hi you specify this in the Windows regional settings. Another idea: - rename your *.csv file to a *.txt file - now open it with excel. The Import wizard should appear and should allow you to specify a different delimiter "Janepige" wrote: > When I open CSV files in Excel all data is put in one co...

Return values that sum to a known value
I have a list of data and would like to know if there is a formula that would return any items from that list that sum to a known value. Have a look at this thread for something similar: http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?pg=7&cat=&lang=en&cr=US&guid=&sloc=en-us&dg=microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions&fltr= Regards, Tom "lmattern" wrote: > I have a list of data and would like to know if there is a formula that would > return any items from that list that sum to a known value. ...

Paper settings change for specific printer
I just installed access 2007 and my application uses reports to print labels. Specifically a Dymo turbo 400 and 30252 address labels. when i was using acess 2003 i specified to use a specific printer and everything was great. and when i copied updated FrontEnds to my networked computers every thing transfered and the labels printed fine however with 07 the "Specifc printer" has a different page size.. i fixed all the reports on my master FE but the changes didnt stay when i copied FE to other computers and im not sure where to go. i installed all the printers from the s...

How do I change numbers to negative without re-typing?
I have a large range of data that needs to be changed to negative numbers, Can I do this in Excel? ...

How to Change Outgoing port in Exchange 2003
I am running Exchange 2003 on a SBS 2003 server and using the POP3 connector to get the e-mail from my account and also send the email out throught the SMTP server. Starting last Friday the outgoing mail is not being sent. Earthlink tells me that they are now using port 587 for the outgoing mail. How do I change the outgoing mail SMTP port? Thanks -- Don Holden -- Don Holden On Mon, 26 Jun 2006 09:07:02 -0700, Don Holden <DonHolden@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am running Exchange 2003 on a SBS 2003 server and using the POP3 connector >to get the e-mail from my...

grayscale autoshape changes to color when converting to PDF
When converting from Microsoft Publisher 2007 to Adobe Acrobat 8.0 PDF, the autoshape picture that we changed to grayscale changes back to color when reviewing the created PDF. Are you setting Acrobat to print in black and white? Select the PDF printer, properties, paper/quality tab. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "CDJ" <CDJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6BE9EE01-97DB-4AB6-BD9C-25E27E0BB68D@microsoft.com... > When converting from Microsoft Publisher 2007 to Adobe Acrobat 8.0 P...

Outlook changing PDF extention to PDF=
I have a client that uses Outlook 2000 for e-mail. About a week ago, she started complaining that everyone that she sent PDFs (Ex. Document.pdf) that they were receiving PDF= (Ex. Docuement.pdf=). This is only happening with PDF files, not word documents or anything else. I have tried to change the outgoing mail server, but that made no difference. Is there something in Outlook that can be causing this? is she using RTF formatted messages? Antivirus or antispam scanners on outgoing email? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2...

Preventing changes in the Options
Hello, Is there a way in Excel to prevent users from making any changes in the Options (ie protect or disable the Options Dialog box). Thanks in advance, brgds, Chantal ...

How to change the FROM field in email campaign activity?
How to change the FROM field in email campaign activity? I would like to create an email campaign activity and change the TO field of the email to be abother name instead of mine I would also like to add attachments I can't find a way to do this Any help is very much appreciated Thank you Stella Hi Stella, There are many ways to send marketing emails from CRM: Quick Campaigns Quick Campaigns with mail merge using Microsoft Word E-mail Campaign Activities E-mail Campaign Activities with mail merge using Microsoft Word Direct e-mail using templates Send a workflow e-mail Integrate...

font change when editing
I have this I can place on the sheet module to change font when editing. Is there a way to put this into a macro so I can enter this into the sheet automatically each time I am emailed a new version of the workbook? Thanks. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Target.Cells.Interior.ColorIndex = 4 End Sub ...

set value of a group of activex control points
Have a spreadsheet that has some 20+ activex control points (option buttons). Is there a way to group all these controls together & set their initial values the same? Trying to setup a "reset" type of operation that would clear all control points. I can do them individually via properties, but it's too time consuming. Any suggestions? ...

Storing distinct values in an array
Hello .. in the speadsheet, i have a column containing a series of numbers maybe of them repeated multiple times... i would like to store all distinct values in an array any ideas on how i could do that ... eg , if these were the numbers going down column then 1 3 5 7 5 3 5 7 5 4 3 4 5 7 8 5 3 .. store 1,3,5,7,9,4,8 in an array, in no specifi order thank you shimee -- shimee ----------------------------------------------------------------------- shimeel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1583 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showt...

how do I format cells to change date and time to just date
I want to format a column that contains date and time and I want it to show just the date and not the time. Going into format and clicking on the date and changing doesnt work. Probably the cells aren't really dates, but text. You can check with the ISTEXT() function. If they are text, formatting doesn't have any effect. -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "bondam" <bondam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F4D61EC1-30E2-4723-89E1-F47B545818EE@microsoft.com... >I want to format a column that contains date and time and I want it t...

Can't change Passport
Trying to change Passport in MS Money 2005 Premium. Password Manager tells me to turn off remote access. Don't have option "Access your Money data on the Web" in Money Online Services. What should I do? Can anyone help? Thanks in advance... Nickolay In microsoft.public.money, sitkarev@gmail.com wrote: >Trying to change Passport in MS Money 2005 Premium. > >Password Manager tells me to turn off remote access. > >Don't have option "Access your Money data on the Web" in Money Online >Services. How about under Tools->Settings ? Thanks Cal...

How can i change the color in the task pane?
The "Hyperlink" color in the task menu is green and difficult to read. Is there a way to change it? Create a custom color scheme. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Flag Girl" <Flag Girl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:15D4BDF4-EBE1-44EC-8F13-40197CEB37F2@microsoft.com... > The "Hyperlink" color in the task menu is green and difficult to read. Is > there a way to change it? ...