Changing the name of a table that then relates to a query

I changed the name of a table that relates to a lot of queries.....these now wont work....how do i resolve this....thanks for ANY news!

ADO.NET Recursive Hierarchical DataSet Technique
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/f492b744-8326-4671-a7c3-9143dd2c6da3/adonet-recursive-hierarc.aspx
0
Aimee

1. Change the table name back to its orginal name.

2. Download Rich Fisher's excellent Find and Replace add-in and change
everything to match the new table name. If you register it (one of the best
$37 I've ever spent), the cross-reference report can find what queries use
which reports and forms. It's a good way to find orphans.
http://www.rickworld.com/

3. Enable Name Autocorrect so that you won't have this problem in the
future. However Name Autocorrect is often a problem and I don't recommend
using it.

4. Remember that changing the name of a table, field in a table, query, and
possibly even forms and reports can cause this problem. It's better to get
the names right in the first place or don't mess with them.
--
Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP

"Aimee Proctor" wrote:

> I changed the name of a table that relates to a lot of queries.....these now wont work....how do i resolve this....thanks for ANY news!

> ADO.NET Recursive Hierarchical DataSet Technique
> http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/f492b744-8326-4671-a7c3-9143dd2c6da3/adonet-recursive-hierarc.aspx
> .

Hi,
    please check it it helps.Suppose there is requirement for selecting
records from more than one Database.
Let's say, you have different databases for different branch (say: BRANCH1_DB,
BRANCH2_DB, BRANCH3_DB).
For getting all employees name write the following query:
SELECT (FIRST_NAME + '  ' + LAST_NAME) AS EMPLOYEE_NAME FROM BRANCH1_DB.dbo.
EMPLOYEE_INFO
UNION ALL
SELECT (FIRST_NAME + '  ' + LAST_NAME) AS EMPLOYEE_NAME FROM BRANCH2_DB.dbo.
EMPLOYEE_DETAILS
UNION ALL
SELECT (FNAME + '  ' + LNAME) AS EMPLOYEE_NAME FROM BRANCH3_DB.dbo.EMPLOYEE

Thanks
Eliza
http://www.mindfiresolutions.com/database-and-client-server-development.htm
Aimee Proctor wrote:
>I changed the name of a table that relates to a lot of queries.....these now wont work....how do i resolve this....thanks for ANY news!
>
>Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice
>ADO.NET Recursive Hierarchical DataSet Technique
>http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/f492b744-8326-4671-a7c3-9143dd2c6da3/adonet-recursive-hierarc.aspx

0
elizas
1/27/2010 8:49:34 AM
On Jan 26, 8:29=A0am, Aimee Proctor wrote:
> I changed the name of a table that relates to a lot of queries.....these =
now wont work....how do i resolve this....thanks for ANY news!

> ADO.NET Recursive Hierarchical DataSet Techniquehttp://www.eggheadcafe.co=
m/tutorials/aspnet/f492b744-8326-4671-a7c3-9...

loop through the Querydefs collection and use the Replace function to
modify the SQL property might work...
0
Piet

how can I fix the size of frame? once I fixed ,the user cannot changed its size
handle WM_GETMINMAXINFO see http://www.codeguru.com/forum/showthread.php?t=318933 "msnews.microsoft.com" <on_lixing@163.com> д���ʼ� news:OgxZDM45FHA.472@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > > Handle CFrameWnd::OnGetMinMaxInfo and specify whatever size you want for your frame to be. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "msnews.microsoft.com" <on_lixing@163.com> wrote in message news:OgxZDM45FHA.472@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > > ...

Change font size based on value of a cell
If the value of A1>0, I need the font size in a merged cell to change from the default 10 to 16. It needs to return to the default size when A1 returns to a value of 0. Can someone help with this? Thanks. Michael Here's a little macro that will do it....... Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) If Range("a1").Value = 0 Then Range("B1:E3").Font.Size = 10 Else Range("B1:E3").Font.Size = 16 End If Range("B1").Select End Sub Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "MichaelRLanier@gmail.com" wrote: > ...

drop down arrow missing on pivot table when refreshed
I used this to get rid of old items in a pivot table. Sub DeleteItems() ' Dim ws As Worksheet Dim pt As PivotTable Dim pf As PivotField Dim pi As PivotItem On Error Resume Next For Each ws In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets For Each pt In ws.PivotTables pt.RefreshTable For Each pf In pt.VisibleFields If pf.Name <> "Data" Then For Each pi In pf.PivotItems If pi.RecordCount = 0 And _ Not pi.IsCalculated Then pi.Delete End If Next End If Next Next Next end sub when refreshing the pivot table the drop down arrows on the page by fields disappear. We are runn...

Chart Value Changes in VBA
When you have say a bar chart and drag the bar downwards this will change the value in the reference source cell. Is there a way through VBA to identify the source and the cell changed by when dragging the bar. That is, when you drag the bar in the chart let me know the cell that ahs changed! Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Howard John, If your objective is to prevent the cell changes via the chart, you can protect the worksheet (Tools - Protection). The cells should be locked (Format - Cells - Protection). Or you can use the Chart_SeriesChange event macro for the cha...

How to create report from Pivot Table View of Union Query?
Hi all, I have create a Union ALL Query. I want to generate a report from it. The Pivot Table View of this Union Query shows exactly what I want (having Row Heading, Column Heading and Detailed Data), so how can I make it as a Report? I have tried to create new report, but there is no options of making a pivot table (something like Crosstab Query and Pivot Table View of the Union Query). Also tried to export to Excel, but it shows only count of records. I want all detailed records. Thank you. -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Hi Duane, I tried to create a crosstab qu...

Pivot table chart problem, How to show different subtotal levels
Hi, Using Excel 2003, I have a pivot table using external data via ODBC. I have a chart based on my pivot table. The table and chart are working correctly. The PTcontains two levels of sales subtotals 1st level is by county 2nd level is by state. My client is telling me that the data in the chart is too detailed. He wants to have the both levels of subtotals in the PT, but only the county subtotals in the chart. If I delete the county sales subtotals from the chart, they are also deleted from the PT. Is it possible for the chart to be based on the PT and not show ...

Changing password problem
my users are not able to change their outlook passwords from their computers. I am running Exchange 2000, the clients are running Outlook 2000 and XP, on Windows NT/2000/and XP. Any ideas Eric Are your clients use exchange version of outlook or POP version of outlook? "Eric Graham" <egraham22@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:#Nl0C$$nEHA.800@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > my users are not able to change their outlook passwords from their > computers. I am running Exchange 2000, the clients are running Outlook 2000 > and XP, on Windows NT/2000/and XP. Any ideas >...

Outlook Error after URL change
We have already configured our internal DNS records to support crm.domain.com to point to the proper machine, and created the host headers on the web server. How do we get CRM to switch from "server1" to crm.domain.com? In a nutshell, we renamed the server from an internal name to a FQDN. Internally the CRM server still believes it is on http://server1 We are trying to access it now on http;//crm.domain.com. Our outlook worked properly before we made this change. After the change, only the web works and the outlook after a uninstall and reinstall, switching the server name whil...

Pivot tables layout
Hello, Doe anyone knows why the initial layout from a pivot table (2007) is different? In one sheet it provides a matrix in which I can drop row, colums and data items. In another sheet it only shows a square stating that I should use the pivot table field list?? regards, Just ...

Change base language
Hi I need to change the base language of CRM 4.0 I think I have to uninstall CRM and delete the CRM databases and then install again in the other language, it's not a big problem because there is no data in CRM but what about the registration would there be any problems registering the same server again ? /Jack There will be no problem in registeration .Never seen it . ------ Aamir Blog = http://mscrmsupport.wordpress.com/ No it all went well, uninstalled and deleted the databases and a new registration with same information and we are up running the right base language :) /J...

Pivot tables #12
Is it possible to insert a calculated field that is the absolute valu of an already existing calculated field. i.e I have a list of value that are both positive and negative in a pivot table and I would lik to sort the list by the absolute value each number -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Create a calculated field that uses the ABS function, and refers to the existing calculated field. For example: =ABS(Variance) oa6n < wrote: > Is it possible to insert a calculated field that is the absolute value > of an already existing calculated field. i.e I have a list of...

Delete duplicates in table
Is there a "neat" way to delete records which are duplicates as defined as equal in a particlular field. I can do it with VBA but wonder whether it can be done in SQL. It's pretty easy IF you have a primary key assigned for that table AND you really, really know which records that you don't want to keep. For example you define a duplicate as having the same data in a field but other fields have different data. Which record stays and which record(s) get deleted? On the other hand if a record is completely duplicated in every field AND there are no relationships with ref...

Insert fields dynamically into database from a staging table
Hi all, In our lab when ever a test is performed results are stored in test_results table ( 10 records at maximum) and with click of a button these results should be loaded to database, but I have any issue here, each time the test_result table will have different field names ( one time it will have test1 , test2 , test3 with labid, next time it might have test1, test4, test5 and labid) so how can I load these fields from test_results table into database auomatically. Datebase has all these fields so how can I map the test_results tables fields to database fields to run my dynamic inse...

Change color for each serie?
Hi all, Is it possible to to change the color in a chart where 3 dataseries is represented? Eg. one color representing one region I have tried to create 3 series in the chart unsuccesfully. It seems that excel dosent allow it although I only have about +60 data in each serie... The data is also sorted (by size and not by region), so it is not possible just to select the data and assign them a specific value representing one color.. Hope that my question is clear. :) Christian ...

How do I retrieve changes to an unsaved excel document
I closed a excel document without saving changes. Is there a way to retrieve my old worksheet which would have the changes I made. I'm using excel 2000 which is part of my Microsoft Office 2000 program. No it's not possible -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom Northwest Excel Solutions www.nwexcelsolutions.com (remove ^^ from email address) Portland, Oregon "Jim" <Jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4FABAC1F-A402-4C87-BCDA-1124E072D9D3@microsoft.com... >I closed a excel document without saving changes. Is there a way to >retrieve > my ...

Cannot resolve names to new users
Situation: EX2k on W2k svr. There is a DC svr, a file/app svr and the EX svr. I replaced the old EX server(1 Oct) and kept name the same per Q297289. Mail is flowing. Now the Domain Administrator mail account does not resolve. New user account names do not resolve either. I noticed in license manager that a second instance of Exchange2k is showing and transferred the licenses to it. The original instance is: Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server the newly installed instance is MSExchangeIS 6.4417 All updates and sp's were applied before bringing the new server online. Today I ra...

Query from Multiple Workbooks
Hello, I have 12 files in a directory with a sheet name Sales containing Sales data for each month having more than half a million rows in each workbook sheets The field names are all the same in all the files like date, item, itemgroup, branch, unit, salesman, amount etc I am looking for a way to get a query from all these workbook and get a summarised report based on criteria like sales by salesman, by month, by product, by product group, by date, by branch etc. Is this will be possible through code?. Itry to use MS query but not successful Using Excel 2007 and Win XP ...

Thanks for all the help on Year-to-date query!
It's so great to know that there are folks out there that can take the time to help someone whose 78 year old brain is slowly turning to gorgonzola cheese! Again, thanX Mikie Francisco 9 @ ATT N E T ...

Query to Redistribute a Table
Hi I am struggling with how to query a table with the current structure: Field1 Field2 ...Field14 Jan Feb Mar Apr... x y ...z 10 15 13 16... etc, It represents sales per month to customers per delivery adress, product and so forth.The numbers under each month respresents the sales for that month. I need to be able to query so I can see all detalis (ie fileds 1-14) per row per month, ie redistribute that original table so I can use month as a field and still use all the original fields. My new table needs to be something link Month Field 1 Field2 ... Field14 New ...

How do I create custom border using peoples names?
There are many it could be done. I'd set up text boxes and go from there. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Val" <Val@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BFF16BB3-4C90-4E05-B0AA-303874A445AA@microsoft.com... > In addition to JoAnn's reply, you could use WordArt as well. WordArt allows you the opportunity to rotate, flip, arrange etc. and resize as well as save as an image. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. &...

Compare CString with entry from string table
How do I do to compare a CString with an entry from my string table? >How do I do to compare a CString with an entry from my string table? Joachim, Load the string resource into another CString and compare the 2 CStrings. Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq ...

Change Chart Size
I was wondering if anyone knows how I can change the sizes of charts in excel. But i dont want to just resize by dragging the corners, i want to lock the aspect ratio, and change the width to 3.5 inches. So basically, i want to change the width of each chart to 3.5 inches exactly. Another problem I am having is when I copy and paste a chart from excel into powerpoint, all the changes to the size and text I made get changed so its not the copy I wanted. Is there any way to change this. 1) Resize using aspect ratio only after the chart is sucessfully in Powerpoint. 2) You get charts...

Update Query ctnd:
Hello, I have tried the code from Arvin however I now get 2 paramater prompts. The 1st is for "transactions.Datefield" and the 2nd "Please enter Waiting or Pending" UPDATE transactions SET transactions.Status = "Cleared" WHERE (((transactions.datefield)<Date()-10) And ((transactions.Status)=[Please enter Waiting or Pending])); Can I run this procedure atomatically when the database opens without the prompts & user input Thanks The first prompt implies that datefield isn't the actual name of the field in your transactions table. The second prompt...

worksheet_calculate event changes worksheets, but shouldn't
Hi, The code below is in the Sheet1 (Budget) Module: The user is entering data into the "Budget" worksheet. When this fires, it should hide some rows on the Categories worksheet. It does work ok, however, everytime a user enters a new figure on the Budget worksheet, it fires and momentarily flashes over to the Categories worksheet. It is quite distractive, especially when one has hundreds of figures to enter. I set a trap to stop it on the top line of this code - the Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate() line. Then, when I enter a new number on the Budget page, it fi...

Query All records except latest
Access 2003 I need to limit my query to ALL RECORDS EXCEPT the most current record. Any ideas on how to do this -- deb Deb - It will look something like this, assuming no more than one record per date per key field. You can adjust to use date/time if that is needed. It depends on what makes your records unique. Try something like this, substituting your table and fieldnames... Select myKeyfield, field1, field2, field3, myDate FROM myTable Where myDate < (Select max(myDate) from myTable AS T2 WHERE T2.myKeyfield = myTable.myKeyfield) -- Daryl S "d...