Beginner - 3 tables in 3 loops

Hi !

I am a beginner to databeses, and particulary to MS Access 2003. (althought I
passed the first lessons)
I want to make a small database with possibility to grow up. (max. 100
entries for a table)
I think that in my case the data must be structured like loop into loop.
Like that:

Year:
etc.

   Plant:
   plant_1
   plant_2
   plant_3
   etc.

      Generator:
      gen_1
      gen_2
      gen_3
      etc.

So for every Year it must exist some Power Plants, and for every Power Plant
it must exist some Generators.
I already have made 3 tables: YEAR, PLANT, GENERATOR with data in it.
So, few questions arise:

1. Is my algorithm any good (to consider 3 loops one in another for database)
?
2. If my algorithm is good, how should it be done the relationship between
tables ?

That is for start. Later i must make queries, input data, some logical
comparison, etc.
So i must do right from the beginning. I admit that my database must be done
for 8 loops, not 3, but if i understand for 3, the same it will be for 8.

Thanks in advance for help !

0
dsasorin

dsasorin,

Well, at least one of those tables is wrong and you are missing one,
possibly two tables.  I am not totally clear what you are doing but I can
say this... it seems odd that you need a table for years.  Sounds like you
need a *joiner* table.

tblPowerPlants
pPowerPlantID (PK - Autonumber)
etc...

tblGenerators
gGeneratorID (PK - Autonumber)
etc...

tblPowerPlantGenerators
ppgPowerPlantGeneratorID (PK - Autonumber)
ppgPowerPlantID (FK - Long)
ppgGeneratorID (FK - Long)

tblPowerPlantYears
ppgPowerPlantGeneratorID (FK - Long)
ppgYear (Combo Box with years)

If you explain your purpose a little more it would help to give you a more
precise answer.  I also don't understand the *looping*, what are the loops
for?  Out of curiousity, what were the first lessons?

--
Gina Whipp
2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)

II

"dsasorin" <u58852@uwe> wrote in message news:a5427d702fbf8@uwe...
[...]

Gina
3/19/2010 10:08:28 PM
I hope u need data for all tables.

1) You can go thru all tables and data with 1 loop if you do join all tables
in 1 singel select.

2) If the select is manually written it can be like this:
SELECT *
FROM YEAR,
          PLANT,
          GENERATOR
WHERE PLANT.FK = YEAR PK
     AND GENERATOR FK = PLANT.PK

PK = Primary key,  FK = foriegn key
You will have 1 row for each unik kombination.

"dsasorin" skrev:

> Hi !
>
> I am a beginner to databeses, and particulary to MS Access 2003. (althought I
> passed the first lessons)
> I want to make a small database with possibility to grow up. (max. 100
> entries for a table)
> I think that in my case the data must be structured like loop into loop.
> Like that:
>
> Year:
> 2000
> 2001
> 2002
> 2003
> etc.
>
>    Plant:
>    plant_1
>    plant_2
>    plant_3
>    etc.
>
>       Generator:
>       gen_1
>       gen_2
>       gen_3
>       etc.
>
> So for every Year it must exist some Power Plants, and for every Power Plant
> it must exist some Generators.
> I already have made 3 tables: YEAR, PLANT, GENERATOR with data in it.
> So, few questions arise:
>
> 1. Is my algorithm any good (to consider 3 loops one in another for database)
> ?
> 2. If my algorithm is good, how should it be done the relationship between
> tables ?
>
> That is for start. Later i must make queries, input data, some logical
> comparison, etc.
> So i must do right from the beginning. I admit that my database must be done
> for 8 loops, not 3, but if i understand for 3, the same it will be for 8.
>
> Thanks in advance for help !
>
> .

The goal is to make a growing database (a programm) with inputs like
year2010/powerplant 3/generator1/ .... or year 2012/powerplant7/generator3
and so on ...

Then, the programm must have a simple user interface with those inputs. In
the database tables i must asign diferent numbers (points) on specific tasks
of the generator for example, and after a logical comparison and arithmetic
calculations, it must result a number of points. So i need to input/select
new data, to see/select old data, and after that i need a result (number of
points) which coresponds to a certain ANSWER, introduced in the very
beginning of the database (i.e. THE GENERATOR IS GOOD), also a table, i think.

So, the purpose of the database is to find the state of the generator, based
on the actions or the maintenance work made on each generator from database,
and a new one.
The criteria is based on those points and arithmetic calculations.

Thank you for interest.

Gina Whipp wrote:
>dsasorin,
>
>Well, at least one of those tables is wrong and you are missing one,
>possibly two tables.  I am not totally clear what you are doing but I can
>say this... it seems odd that you need a table for years.  Sounds like you
>need a *joiner* table.
>
>tblPowerPlants
>pPowerPlantID (PK - Autonumber)
>etc...
>
>tblGenerators
>gGeneratorID (PK - Autonumber)
>etc...
>
>tblPowerPlantGenerators
>ppgPowerPlantGeneratorID (PK - Autonumber)
>ppgPowerPlantID (FK - Long)
>ppgGeneratorID (FK - Long)
>
>tblPowerPlantYears
>ppgPowerPlantGeneratorID (FK - Long)
>ppgYear (Combo Box with years)
>
>If you explain your purpose a little more it would help to give you a more
>precise answer.  I also don't understand the *looping*, what are the loops
>for?  Out of curiousity, what were the first lessons?
>
>Hi !
>
>I am a beginner to databeses, and particulary to MS Access 2003. (althought
>passed the first lessons)
>I want to make a small database with possibility to grow up. (max. 100
>entries for a table)
>I think that in my case the data must be structured like loop into loop.
>Like that:
>
>Year:
>2000
>2001
>2002
>2003
>etc.
>
>   Plant:
>   plant_1
>   plant_2
>   plant_3
>   etc.
>
>      Generator:
>      gen_1
>      gen_2
>      gen_3
>      etc.
>
>So for every Year it must exist some Power Plants, and for every Power Plant
>it must exist some Generators.
>I already have made 3 tables: YEAR, PLANT, GENERATOR with data in it.
>So, few questions arise:
>
>1. Is my algorithm any good (to consider 3 loops one in another for
>database)
>?
>2. If my algorithm is good, how should it be done the relationship between
>tables ?
>
>That is for start. Later i must make queries, input data, some logical
>comparison, etc.
>So i must do right from the beginning. I admit that my database must be done
>for 8 loops, not 3, but if i understand for 3, the same it will be for 8.
>
>Thanks in advance for help !

dsasorin
3/21/2010 12:28:42 AM
I forgot that you put me a simple question.  My first lessons were like this
(Access 2003): What is a database ? The components of a database (the objects)
. How to sort data in tables ? and thinks like that ...

Gina Whipp wrote:
>dsasorin,
>
>Well, at least one of those tables is wrong and you are missing one,
>possibly two tables.  I am not totally clear what you are doing but I can
>say this... it seems odd that you need a table for years.  Sounds like you
>need a *joiner* table.
>
>tblPowerPlants
>pPowerPlantID (PK - Autonumber)
>etc...
>
>tblGenerators
>gGeneratorID (PK - Autonumber)
>etc...
>
>tblPowerPlantGenerators
>ppgPowerPlantGeneratorID (PK - Autonumber)
>ppgPowerPlantID (FK - Long)
>ppgGeneratorID (FK - Long)
>
>tblPowerPlantYears
>ppgPowerPlantGeneratorID (FK - Long)
>ppgYear (Combo Box with years)
>
>If you explain your purpose a little more it would help to give you a more
>precise answer.  I also don't understand the *looping*, what are the loops
>for?  Out of curiousity, what were the first lessons?
>
>Hi !
>
>I am a beginner to databeses, and particulary to MS Access 2003. (althought
>passed the first lessons)
>I want to make a small database with possibility to grow up. (max. 100
>entries for a table)
>I think that in my case the data must be structured like loop into loop.
>Like that:
>
>Year:
>2000
>2001
>2002
>2003
>etc.
>
>   Plant:
>   plant_1
>   plant_2
>   plant_3
>   etc.
>
>      Generator:
>      gen_1
>      gen_2
>      gen_3
>      etc.
>
>So for every Year it must exist some Power Plants, and for every Power Plant
>it must exist some Generators.
>I already have made 3 tables: YEAR, PLANT, GENERATOR with data in it.
>So, few questions arise:
>
>1. Is my algorithm any good (to consider 3 loops one in another for
>database)
>?
>2. If my algorithm is good, how should it be done the relationship between
>tables ?
>
>That is for start. Later i must make queries, input data, some logical
>comparison, etc.
>So i must do right from the beginning. I admit that my database must be done
>for 8 loops, not 3, but if i understand for 3, the same it will be for 8.
>
>Thanks in advance for help !

dsasorin
3/21/2010 12:40:02 AM
Abki, please forgive me, but i don't understand your answer. Maybe because
i'm a beginner in Access. I don't know how to join tables nor to manually
writte a select. Maybe you get a picture for what i want to do, from my other
answer to Gina Whipp. Thank you too.

Abki wrote:
>I hope u need data for all tables.
>
>1) You can go thru all tables and data with 1 loop if you do join all tables
>in 1 singel select.
>
>2) If the select is manually written it can be like this:
>SELECT *
>FROM YEAR,
>          PLANT,
>          GENERATOR
>WHERE PLANT.FK = YEAR PK
>     AND GENERATOR FK = PLANT.PK
>
>PK = Primary key,  FK = foriegn key
>You will have 1 row for each unik kombination.
>
>"dsasorin" skrev:
>
>> Hi !
>>
>[quoted text clipped - 42 lines]
>>
>> .

dsasorin
3/21/2010 12:51:04 AM
dsasorin,

Okay, that didn't get me the answer needed, so let's try this...

1. Is a Powerplant always going to have the same Generator?
2. Do you put in dates when you enter the activities?
3. Where are the activities entered?
4. Where is the data you do the calculations on, is it in a table?

You are concentrating on the how the data will look instead of how to store
the data.  It's like buying tires before you buy the vehicle.  You need to
buy the vehicle first... or build your tables first.

--
Gina Whipp
2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)

II

Gina Whipp wrote:
>dsasorin,
>
>Well, at least one of those tables is wrong and you are missing one,
>possibly two tables.  I am not totally clear what you are doing but I can
>say this... it seems odd that you need a table for years.  Sounds like you
>need a *joiner* table.
>
>tblPowerPlants
>pPowerPlantID (PK - Autonumber)
>etc...
>
>tblGenerators
>gGeneratorID (PK - Autonumber)
>etc...
>
>tblPowerPlantGenerators
>ppgPowerPlantGeneratorID (PK - Autonumber)
>ppgPowerPlantID (FK - Long)
>ppgGeneratorID (FK - Long)
>
>tblPowerPlantYears
>ppgPowerPlantGeneratorID (FK - Long)
>ppgYear (Combo Box with years)
>
>If you explain your purpose a little more it would help to give you a more
>precise answer.  I also don't understand the *looping*, what are the loops
>for?  Out of curiousity, what were the first lessons?
>
>Hi !
>
>I am a beginner to databeses, and particulary to MS Access 2003. (althought
>passed the first lessons)
>I want to make a small database with possibility to grow up. (max. 100
>entries for a table)
>I think that in my case the data must be structured like loop into loop.
>Like that:
>
>Year:
>2000
>2001
>2002
>2003
>etc.
>
>   Plant:
>   plant_1
>   plant_2
>   plant_3
>   etc.
>
>      Generator:
>      gen_1
>      gen_2
>      gen_3
>      etc.
>
>So for every Year it must exist some Power Plants, and for every Power
>Plant
>it must exist some Generators.
>I already have made 3 tables: YEAR, PLANT, GENERATOR with data in it.
>So, few questions arise:
>
>1. Is my algorithm any good (to consider 3 loops one in another for
>database)
>?
>2. If my algorithm is good, how should it be done the relationship between
>tables ?
>
>That is for start. Later i must make queries, input data, some logical
>comparison, etc.
>So i must do right from the beginning. I admit that my database must be
>done
>for 8 loops, not 3, but if i understand for 3, the same it will be for 8.
>
>Thanks in advance for help !

Gina
3/21/2010 12:58:23 AM
dsasorin,

Oh okay.. was just curious.  But it is interesting that you didn't mention
Data Normalization and Data Modeling, do they teach that?

--

Gina Whipp wrote:
>dsasorin,
>
>Well, at least one of those tables is wrong and you are missing one,
>possibly two tables.  I am not totally clear what you are doing but I can
>say this... it seems odd that you need a table for years.  Sounds like you
>need a *joiner* table.
>
>tblPowerPlants
>pPowerPlantID (PK - Autonumber)
>etc...
>
>tblGenerators
>gGeneratorID (PK - Autonumber)
>etc...
>
>tblPowerPlantGenerators
>ppgPowerPlantGeneratorID (PK - Autonumber)
>ppgPowerPlantID (FK - Long)
>ppgGeneratorID (FK - Long)
>
>tblPowerPlantYears
>ppgPowerPlantGeneratorID (FK - Long)
>ppgYear (Combo Box with years)
>
>If you explain your purpose a little more it would help to give you a more
>precise answer.  I also don't understand the *looping*, what are the loops
>for?  Out of curiousity, what were the first lessons?
>
>Hi !
>
>I am a beginner to databeses, and particulary to MS Access 2003. (althought
>passed the first lessons)
>I want to make a small database with possibility to grow up. (max. 100
>entries for a table)
>I think that in my case the data must be structured like loop into loop.
>Like that:
>
>Year:
>2000
>2001
>2002
>2003
>etc.
>
>   Plant:
>   plant_1
>   plant_2
>   plant_3
>   etc.
>
>      Generator:
>      gen_1
>      gen_2
>      gen_3
>      etc.
>
>So for every Year it must exist some Power Plants, and for every Power
>Plant
>it must exist some Generators.
>I already have made 3 tables: YEAR, PLANT, GENERATOR with data in it.
>So, few questions arise:
>
>1. Is my algorithm any good (to consider 3 loops one in another for
>database)
>?
>2. If my algorithm is good, how should it be done the relationship between
>tables ?
>
>That is for start. Later i must make queries, input data, some logical
>comparison, etc.
>So i must do right from the beginning. I admit that my database must be
>done
>for 8 loops, not 3, but if i understand for 3, the same it will be for 8.
>
>Thanks in advance for help !

Gina
3/21/2010 12:59:53 AM
Gina,

More from my EE background than my (much less than yours) database
background,  I think that the generators are handled as one-of-a-kind items,
not a list of types that would get used multiple times.     Each
instance/installation  of a  "generator" is typically a $xxx,xxx,xxx.xx
multi-year construction project.    If so, then "Generator #1" is just half
of the name given to a particular generator.  The full name might be Plant
#5-generator #1    If that were true, IMHO a junction table would not be
appropriate.

-  -  -

In order to have a good database, or to explain enough to us to help, you
are going to have to start with deciding upon what the entities are that you
are going to database, and what the mission that you want it to accomplish
is.  Do this without using any database terminology.

IF (and I emphasize IF, because we don't know that) you main mission were to
track and completed maintenance, then instance of required-then-completed
maintenance would be your main table.   In that case the year and or date
would be merely a field,     If my guess address to Gina were right, you
would probably have a table with listings of your individual generators.  The
plant # might be just half of the name of that generator, or an attribute of
that generator.

Again, these are just guesses.  You'll have to tell us more to get a real
answer.

Hope that helps a little.

Ooops.  The second part was supposed to be addressed to the OP :

To: Dsasorin:

> In order to have a good database, or to explain enough to us to help, you
> are going to have to start with deciding upon what the entities are that you
> are going to database, and what the mission that you want it to accomplish
> is.  Do this without using any database terminology.
>

> IF (and I emphasize IF, because we don't know that) you main mission were to
> track and completed maintenance, then instance of required-then-completed
> maintenance would be your main table.   In that case the year and or date
> would be merely a field,     If my guess address to Gina were right, you
> would probably have a table with listings of your individual generators.  The
> plant # might be just half of the name of that generator, or an attribute of
> that generator.
>
> Again, these are just guesses.  You'll have to tell us more to get a real
> answer.
>
> Hope that helps a little.

Fred,

Thanks for explaining that... now if I could just the OP to explain more
we'd be set!

--
Gina Whipp
2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)

II

#5-generator #1    If that were true, IMHO a junction table would not be
appropriate.

-  -  -

[...]

#REF #3
Hi, I'm doing a projection spreadsheet. The new months in diff sheets will be added as and when the actual month passes, ie, up to now i have sheets up to Aug. But in the MAIN sheet, I'm supposed to have months for the whole year up to Dec. Since Sep to Dec don't have equivalent sheets yet, the cells show #Ref since my formula is =Oct!A1. I want to tell the cell to get the amount from "Oct" sheet if there's such a sheet and if not, get the amount from "Sep" sheet. I tried this "=if(Oct!A1="#REF", Sep!A1,Oct!A1)" but it doesn'...

Update one table from another

Creating a table
There's probably an easier way to do it but... I have a series of numbers in column A (150 in all) and a series of letters in column B (22 in all). In total there are 4800 rows. What I am trying to do is create a table with the number down the left hand side and the letters across the top. In each cell within the table I need to count how many times the combination of number/letter appears. Eg: A B C 201 0 2 2 202 3 0 1 203 3 6 4 I tried combining the number/letter into a single text field using the CONCATENATE function then filtering ...

Finding all queries which use a table

FP: Couldnt close table
We have been receiving this error on two separate PCs after a recent upgrade to 7.5. Our version is 7.50g43 (service pack 5). At first we thought it was isolated to one PC now a second PC is having the same error. On the first PC, I ran new network cable, installed a different network card with no help. This PC is Win98, 64MB RAM, 600Mhz. The second PC has 128MB RAM also Win98. I don't believe switching to XP is an option right now. This message has appeared in the payables module on both machines. But it has also appeared in receivables as well. Not in GL or Payroll. I...

Same Table cannot be the child table in two nexted relations...
I've been setting up a schema with the XML Designer in VS .NET 2003. The designer lets me set up a lot of things including a complex type that contains an unnamed complex type called modified. When I try to preview the dataset, I get an error described as "The same table (modified) cannot be the child table in two nested relations. I've run into this before with a different complex type, and I've changed the name of the instance of the type in the various elements it's used, and the problem goes away. In this case, problem is an unnamed complex type, so it only a...

Pivot tables and Macros
I was looking to be able to manipulate (ie change selections from the drop downs, not change the fields in the table or anything)and print from a pivot table using a macro. So how do I go about doing that? When I set up a macro by recording the actions that I want to do, I always get an error message when I try to run it as a macro. What specific steps are you recording, and what error message do you get? Can you click the Debug button, and see the line of code that is causing the problem? Dust For Eyes wrote: > I was looking to be able to manipulate (ie change selections from the >...

How to copy aQuery to a new Table?
I have a database in a Table, a report based on that same Table and a Query based on that Report. After two months or so I like, after some new data input, to save the Table into a new Object Table. What is the best way for the Report and Query to follow the new Table whitout recreating the original Report & Query? Thankyou for your comments. I use MS Office Access 2007. Joe T >>I have a database in a Table, a report based on that same Table and a Query based on that Report. Your phrasing is wrong when it comes to the elements of an Access database. A dat...

Pivot Table in Excel
hi, I have a problem using the pivot Table in excel 2000. Earlier the location of the pivot table in excel was pointing to say c:\sales.mdb. Now the location has changed to D:\Sales.mdb. someone please tell me the place to change in the excel to reflect the same. So that upon refreshing the document i can see the latest data. Currently i am getting a error message when i try to refresh, but its not prompting to change to alternative location. If i edit the excel file in a notepad...i can see the location pointing to c:\sales.mdb. Thanks in advance for any help regarding this..expect...

time formats #3
I have an Excel sheet with a long list of times spent on various projects. The times should all be in minutes and seconds. The first time reads 2:29 and I know that is accurate, for 2 min, 29 seconds. In the formula bar, it reads, 2:29:00 AM. Another...the cell displays 0:40 and I know that is right, for 40 seconds. But in the formula bar, I see 12:40:00 AM I want numbers, but apparently I am looking at times. I tried changing the format. When I check the format for 2:29, it comes up Custom and says it is hh:mm, not mm:ss. I tried changing it to mm:ss, but that changes the displa...

New Computer #3
How do I move my settings, emails, address book, etc... to my new computer. I'm mostly concerned with Outlook because it's the program I use most often. I have an older computer running WIN2K Pro. I purchased a new Dell computer with Windows XP Pro also with Office 2003. Again how do I make my new Outlook have all the information and settings that my old computer has. I do have both computers connected on my home network and they can see each other. But I'm not sure what to copy over. Any help would be very helpful. Thank You, Paul The file you need to copy and re-use up ...

CRM 3.0
Folks Any way that we can assign leads / opportunities / other entities to teams rather than individuals? All the best Hany Hi Hany, Team ownership is not supported in CRM 3.0. Could you describe your scenario, and maybe we could provide some alternatives? Thanks -- Jay Grewal Microsoft Dynamics CRM This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights. "Electronic Workplace" <info@electronicworkplace.LoseThisBit.com> wrote in message news:O0cfzAT$FHA.140@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Folks > > Any way that we can assign leads /...

Importing #3
I had a previous version of Money and just got a new computer with Money 2004. I have a backup disk made with the info from the previous version. How can I import that into the new version? File|Restore?!? <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:075a01c3d169$a360b0a0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I had a previous version of Money and just got a new > computer with Money 2004. I have a backup disk made with > the info from the previous version. How can I import that > into the new version? ...

Debt Reduction Planner #3
The debt reduction planner on my version of Money 01 does not take the minimum payment due into account. It expects me to short some accounts to make bigger payments to other accounts. Obviously that is not feasable, as the late charges for not making the minimum payment would negate any possible savings. Is there a way to fix this so at least the minimum payment is listed? ...

pvt table field settings!
hi! i am receiving data every day from 10 different places as under.! for example: DATE 11.01.2009 PLACE "A" TOTAL NUMBER OF RECEIPTS 10 TOTAL OF RECEIPTS AMOUNT 1000 DATE 11.01.2009 PLACE "B" TOTAL NUMBER OF RECEIPTS 50 TOTAL OF RECEIPTS AMOUNT 1500 DATE 11.02.2009 PLACE "A" TOTAL NUMBER OF RECEIPTS 15 TOTAL OF RECEIPTS AMOUNT 1000 DATE 11.03.2009 PLACE "C" TOTAL NUMBER OF RECEIPTS 10 TOTAL OF RECEIPTS AMOUNT 1000 -likewise i'm receiving daily data from all the 10 places..! what i want is a pivot table report on a...

Converting from Lotus 1, 2, 3 docs
I have a user who has a bunch of Lotus 1, 2, 3 spreadsheets that he is trying to convert to Excel. His version of Lotus is old (version 5), his version of Excel is 2000 sp2. The files convert but they are missing pages or headings or other unacceptable qualities. Anyone any advice? Michael If you open the files using Excel and save them to an .xls format in the current version you are losing data? A while back I needed to do this. I wrote an application in VB that loops through the files, opens them using Excel (add a reference in VB to MS Office 10) and then save them in the current ...

Calculating dates #3
Can anyone tell me what I should use (in the way of helper cells) to take any date (mm/dd/yyyy) and turn it into that same month and day for specific year? For instance, turn... 10/12/2009 into 10/12/2010 and 4/6/1998 into 4/6/2010 I'm trying to determine anniversary date based on start date and do it starting in 2010. TIA -- Jordon Try this: =3DDATE(2010,MONTH(A1),DAY(A1)) Assuming your date is in A1. Hope this helps. Pete On Jan 5, 5:35=A0pm, Jordon <jordon@REMOVE~THISmyrealbox.com> wrote: > Can anyone tell me what I should use (in the way of helper cells) > to tak...

Cell References #3
I have 2 separate work sheets. I want to copy the values of cells in work sheet A to cells in Work sheet B. The values in A are separated by at least 4 rows. Cells in B where I want those values are separated by 1 row. How can I copy the values without having to enter each cell reference indivudually in B? Is there a formula to add columns or rows such as cell A1+3 = cell D1 or cell A1 + 3 = cell A4 gman Wrote: > I have 2 separate work sheets. I want to copy the values of cells i > work > sheet A to cells in Work sheet B. The values in A are separated by a > least > 4...

Sent faxes in CRM 3 doesn't show in history
I am reposting this as I've had no answers to my previous post which is now buried in all the other ananswered posts. Surely someone knows the answer to this??? It's pretty fundamental to what customers will want. Anyone??? ------------------------------------------------------------------- I'm using CRM 3 under SBS 2003. When I send a fax using the "New activity / Fax" option within a contact record it sends successfully. . However there is no record of it stored in the contact history? If I check the fax console on the server the fax has been sent (also verifi...

HTML Table import
Hi, I have a HTML document which contains a large data of data. When this html file is imported into excel some of the columns get out of whack. eg. Some columns are removed completely. This html renders ok in IE but get corrupted or misread when imported into excel, mainly when the table gets big. eg. It generally happens after the 10000 row mark. Any suggestions? Do you import it through data>import external data>new web query? -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom Excel 95 - Excel 2007 Northwest Excel Solutions www.nwexcelsolutions.com "Ryan Hafey" <Ryan Hafey@discussion...