Why am I getting a blank page?

I have a report that has a Group Header, but no page or report header.
However when I print preview the report the first page only has the group
header, the detail is on the second page and fills about 2/3rds of the page.
How do I get the detail on the same page as the header?
Thanks
Tony

0
Tony

Open the Report in Design mode, select the Detail section, open the property
sheet to the Format tab, examine the "Force New Page" property.

Bob

"Tony Williams" <tw@invalid.com> wrote in message
>I have a report that has a Group Header, but no page or report header.
>However when I print preview the report the first page only has the group
>header, the detail is on the second page and fills about 2/3rds of the
>page. How do I get the detail on the same page as the header?
> Thanks
> Tony

0
Bob
8/30/2007 2:44:51 PM
Hi Bob, both the Header and Detail section say "None"
Any clues?
Thanks
Tony
"Bob Howard" <info@churchtrax.com> wrote in message
> Open the Report in Design mode, select the Detail section, open the
> property sheet to the Format tab, examine the "Force New Page" property.
>
> Bob
>
> "Tony Williams" <tw@invalid.com> wrote in message
>>I have a report that has a Group Header, but no page or report header.
>>However when I print preview the report the first page only has the group
>>header, the detail is on the second page and fills about 2/3rds of the
>>page. How do I get the detail on the same page as the header?
>> Thanks
>> Tony

0
Tony
8/30/2007 2:47:25 PM
Problem solved the detail section had keep together changed it to none and
it moved the detail section
Thanks
Tony
"Bob Howard" <info@churchtrax.com> wrote in message
> Open the Report in Design mode, select the Detail section, open the
> property sheet to the Format tab, examine the "Force New Page" property.
>
> Bob
>
> "Tony Williams" <tw@invalid.com> wrote in message
>>I have a report that has a Group Header, but no page or report header.
>>However when I print preview the report the first page only has the group
>>header, the detail is on the second page and fills about 2/3rds of the
>>page. How do I get the detail on the same page as the header?
>> Thanks
>> Tony

0
Tony

how to I block text not to break across columns or pages ?
I want to keep certain text together and not have it split apart over columns or on a new page: like several lines comprising an address in an address book -- I want to keep it all together. Either apply a style with the Keep With Next paragraph format option to all but the last of the paragraphs you wish to keep together or Use Shift+Enter to make a line break within the same paragraph -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MV...

Surpressing plot of blank cells
I'm creating a line chart plot using Excel 2007. The data range for plot lines contains some blank cells. These blank cells get plotted as zero points. How do I change this behavior to plot only points that have values and to leave the blank cells unplotted? I appreciate your help, -John Hi, If they are truly blank then check the plot empty cells setting via. Select Data > Hidden and Empty cells. If the Cells in fact contain formula then use NA() instead of "". This will suppress the data marker but will not break the line. Alternatively use Autofilter to hide un...

Keep getting this Error ID: 0x800CCC0F
Any suggestions on how to fix this error? Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Subject 'Fw: ' Server: 'smtp.gmail.com' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F Protocol: SMTP Port: 25 Secure(SSL): Yes "Poodlenation" <Poodlenation@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E5FED1D7-835F-4BFE-B7E7-D81D05696967@microsoft.com... > Any suggestions on how to fix this error? > > Your server has unexpectedly terminat...

How do I repeat my header on each page of an access form
!@#$%^&*?! I am frustrated. I want to repeat a header on each form. Help states that there is a repeat property that needs to be set to yes. I can't find it anywhere! I've double clicked, right clicked on every section and box and cannot find this property setting. Help!!! Evon wrote: > !@#$%^&*?! I am frustrated. I want to repeat a header on each form. Help > states that there is a repeat property that needs to be set to yes. I > can't > find it anywhere! I've double clicked, right clicked on every section and > box and cannot fin...

How can I cross reference a SmartArt Graphic to a page/text?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I am trying to allow users to click on the SmartArt Graphic on my first page and automatically go to the respective page within the document. I click next to the wording on the graphic and go to Insert, but it will not allow me to insert the cross reference. You can do it the other way around - from the text to the graphic, but not from the graphic to the text. Anyone know a way around this or another way to do it? Objects cannot be used as active hyperlinks in a Word document. You can do what you describ...

Adding Property pages from Dll?
Hi, I want to create an app that allows the user to add property pages to my dialog box. I will off course have a basic property sheet but how can I add a page via a dll? Would COM be what I need? I recall something like that on codeproject but I cannot find it. Any hint? Many thanks Simon. I had this same requirement. I have a control panel applet that has a set of property pages. The applet will also look for components with certain extensions, LoadLibrary the module, and make a call into that dll via GetProcAddress mechanisms. One of the things returned is a pointer to a CProp...

can not accses my email i get Error Number: 0x800CCC32
Unable to poll for new messages on your HTTP server. Account: 'Hotmail', Server: 'http://services.msn.com/svcs /hotmail/httpmail.asp', Protocol: HTTPMail, Server Response: 'Authorization Required', Port: 0, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC32 abe <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Unable to poll for new messages on your HTTP server. > Account: 'Hotmail', Server: 'http://services.msn.com/svcs > /hotmail/httpmail.asp', Protocol: HTTPMail, Server > Response: 'Authorization Required', Port: 0, Secure(SSL): ...

Problems Getting a Field to Work in a New Mail Message form
I have Outlook 2000 SR-1 using IMO (Internet Mail Only - not Exchange Server). Does anyone know of a way to make sure the From: field appears in a new mail message? For reasons too lengthy to get into, it would be very helpful for me to see the From: field (with my default email address already filled in, of course) as well as they typical To:, CC: and Subject: fields when composing a new email. I did try to create a new form (Tools >Forms >Design a Form >Message) but when I used it, the default email address did not appear. What am I doing wrong? Thanks, Sangrateo SangrateoATanonymo...

stop opening a blank workbook at start up
how do I stop excel from opening a new workbook everytime I start up the application. Ad a shortcut to the Excel.Exe file and append the properties of the shortcut with /e Shotcut will look like this: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE" /e "km" <km@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8E495132-B698-40B7-B964-D2982513D93A@microsoft.com... > how do I stop excel from opening a new workbook everytime I start up the > application. ...

can I use Publisher to set up signatures of 8 pages?
I neeed to print and bind a book. I can't find any way to set up and print in sgnatures of 8 or so pages. I seem to be limited to 4 page bookfold. Any ideas? Insert, page -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "traveller" <traveller@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9FD3B5CB-8D56-49DE-B632-06617A54EBE7@microsoft.com... >I neeed to print and bind a book. I can't find any way to set up and print in > sgnatures of 8 or so pages. I seem to be limited to 4 page bookfold. Any > idea...

Exchange 2003/SP2 cant get SPF working
I am trying to test SPF in SP2 I have defined my SPF policy to reject mail that fails an SPF check I have a test domain that I have deliberately configured the SPF field to claim mail will only be generated from the wrong host. I have defined the SPF policy to reject mail that fails the SPF check and then gone to the default Virtual SMTP server (the only one defined) and turned on SPF filter for that connection. I stopped & started the SMTP server. I then use that domain to send a mail to the Exchange server (single server - ie not a front/back end setup). The mail should have ...

Cant get "Platform Builder" to appear under "Project Types" in VS2005
Hi Everyone, We've just purchased PB 6 and am trying to install it on one of our development stations, but no matter how many times I've installed/ deleted/reinstalled VS2005 and WinCE 6 I cannot for the life of me get it to appear in the project types list for when creating a new solution. It wont even allow me to open an existing project from the demo WinCE 6 folder. I'm now in to my 3rd day of battling with this ! Though the PB icon shows on the splash screen as it starts, as does some of the CE6 'getting started' stuff on the start page. It has had the ...

on server reboot multiple emails get returned as undeliverable
I have an SBS 2003 server running exchange, all latest service packs etc. We have hit a problem a couple of times when on reboot of the server end users get emails returned as undeliverable as they have exceeded the delivery date. It does not affect all outgoing messages, and the destinations are valid. It is as though the SMTP gets stuck on some messages, and only notices on re-start. Any ideas? F Frank <noreply@127.0.0.1> wrote: > I have an SBS 2003 server running exchange, all latest service packs > etc. > We have hit a problem a couple of times ...

Print notes on purchase order blank report
How can I print the notes from purchase order header on the purchase order blank report? thank you in advance. You can modify the PO in Report Writer. Link the Records Notes Master to the Purchase Order HEader table and include the notes table in the report. Then the notes text field will be available to be displayed in the report. Regards Sivakumar V On Nov 17, 6:38 am, "Jack Tundra" <jacktun...@hotmail.com> wrote: > How can I print the notes from purchase order header on the purchase order > blank report? thank you in advance. Hi I am sorry but I cannot find th...

PAGES DISAPPEARED
I recently have lost pages of existing documents, and now I find I can't insert a page without losing the preceeding page. I'm not sure they're gone, but I can't access them because the little boxes at the bottom of the screen that contain the page numbers are gone. The only thing I can think of that might have caused this was a recent download (an update to Office 2007). Any ideas? You can download the page sorter utility and install it, that will get the tabs back. Look at the sixth FAQ here: http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs -- Mary Sauer http://msau...

Getting info from the last used cell
Currently I am adding many sheets together. I am using "Start Sheet" and "End Sheet" and everything in between those two sheets is adding for a total. I would (in a few cells) to just get the data from the last cell used. Example: The sheets I am adding are dates and if sheet 01-19-09 (dd-mm-yy) has the last entry in cell c18 I would like that number. However there may be blank cell before that sheet. and after that sheet there will be info in other cells. I would like that info to go into c18 of the sheet I use and named "Totals". -- Ed Davis ...

How to generate dynamic XML from aspx page
Dear Friends, I was using the below code in ASP to dynamically generate XML from a SQL Query Does anyone knows how can I migrate this code to VB and ASPX? Regards Robson Machado Response.ContentType = "text/xml" Response.Write "<?xml version='1.0' ?>" dim RS, CN set CN = server.CreateObject("adodb.connection") set RS = server.CreateObject("adodb.recordset") CN.ConnectionString = strConnect CN.Open RS.Open SQLStmt,cn Response.Write "<ROOT>" Response.Write RS2XML(RS,"RESULT") Response.Write "</R...

A Crystal Beginner

Set print area on several pages at once in Excell Workbook?
How can I set the print area on several pages of an Excell workbook at one time instead of having to set it one page at a time? You would have to write a macro to do this. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "willow" <willow@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6A934EF4-AF5F-49F5-9F0A-1BB51A45F66C@microsoft.com... > How can I set the print area on several pages of an Excell > workbook at one > time instead of having to set it one page at a time? When you have the workbook open, ther...

Page Numbers
I want to print just one page of my money file. Is there any way I can tell what the page number is of what I have on the screen? Thanks "one page of [your] Money file." I presume by that you mean one screen's worth of register view or something, not one page of a report??? You are going to need to do something like copy it to the clipboard (Alt+PrtSc) and then paste it into Word or WordPad. If you mean reports, then I'd check out Adobe Acrobat or some of the work-alike PDF file generating print drivers. The print your reports to a PDF file. From there, look at the gener...

Where do I configure OWA logoff Page?
Hello, Please can someone tell me how to change the logoff of OWA to something other than a page not found message? I cannot seem to find the solution to this problem, but every time I logoff OWA, I get a page that makes me feel like I did something wrong. Can someone please help? Thanks State your version of Exchange and ask in an Exchange newsgroup as OWA is part of Exchange, not Outlook. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Catherine&quo...

Skip Over Blanks
I am trying to create an array that will show missed payments. I have it all figured out except it shows a zero on companys that have payed, and I would like to find a way to have it not even show a zero for those cells, and skip over them and keep listing the other companys. ...

Excel 97 : Get External Data
I have a text file I've been refreshing into Excel 2000 and am trying to take that same .xls along with the text data file to another computer and open it up in Excel 97 but it doesn't refresh the data. Excel 97 shows the refresh button but when I press it, it doesn't do anything. How do I get this working in Excel 97. Thanks, Chris I am not sure If I am right but hey worth a try :) in Office 2000 open the file and SaveAs -------- SaveAs Type----Excel 97 take to Excel97 and should work then. HTH "Chris" <chris95008@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23xG%23O8...

Just cant seem to get started....
Hi I m trying to install an EXCHANGE 2000 server in Windows 2000 environment. I had my DNS entries made in the public DNS with the name of the server and the public IP address. Moreover i had the MX record entered also. I created a DC using Windows 2000 Adv. Server. I added another system to the domain and installed exchange 2000 on it. Added MX record in the dns running on DC. Created 2 users. They were able to mail each other. Next i sent an email from a yahoo account and sent an email from my MS outlook on which i had set one of the user accounts created. Both email messages are lost in...

how to select multiple pages?
who knows how to select multiple pages of a publication in MS Publisher (or ALL pages) in order to adjust margins or make other changes in many pages instead of doing that one by one? Thanks in advance! Hi rpiotr (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || who knows how to select multiple pages of a publication in MS || Publisher (or ALL pages) in order to adjust margins or make other || changes in many pages instead of doing that one by one? Thanks in || advance! Are you looking to change the margins in the text boxes on each page, or are you looking ...