Using Mail Merge with Criteria in a Access query

Hi;
   In access 2000-2003 it was possible to use the Mail Merge function in
Word to access a query that has criteria required for input.  You can select
the Word document and then the database is opened and the criteria box is
opened for input (Enter Parameter Value).  This then produces the data for
the letters.  It used a DDE connection between Word and Access.   In Office
2007 the mail merge help document says to go to the Access database and
select the query and lists how to link to an existing or new letter.  The DDE
connection is listed but does not attach to the query?  It always comes back
with no data or just two records which are not in the query.  Any help would
be appreciated.

--
Doug Small

your solution http://www.4tops.com/mail_merge_software.htm

--
brandon

bml337

Importing e-mail accounts....
Hi... Is it possible to import e-mail account settings and rules from one Outlook 2003 to another across a network? I have bought myself a new 13,3" laptop and need to import rules and e-mail accounts form my stationary self built noname monster. If possible can anyone direct me to a webpage showing the relevant procedure? -- Regards Zadig Galbaras A Perturbed Norwegian Agnostic ----- You can use the Save My Settings wizard along with the Windows XP File & Settings Transfer Wizard to save your settings for transfer & import to the other machine. Also, take a look at t...

Mail Merge Missing 08-17-07
I hope some one can help... I am missing the mail merge option in the activies tools bar. Contact>Actions>?(no mail merge function) Any Ideas on how to fix? Are you using the CRM Web Client or Outlook Client? The mail merge from this action menu is only available via the Outlook Client. For the CRM Web Client, you use the Send Mail function (button on the tool bar) Frank Lee, Microsoft CRM MVP http://microsoft-crm.spaces.live.com http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm "Ali 123eDistribution.com" wrote: > I hope some one can help... I am missing the mail merge option in...

Merge Document Printing
I have a six page document that I'm sending out as a mailing. It will print back to back, resulting in three sheets of paper. I have set my printer options to take the cover from tray 1, the back cover from page 2, and the inside sheet would automatically come from page 3, as well as fold the three pages in half. When I print a test document, or one individual record it prints fine. However, when I try to print multiple records it treats it as one big job instead of several small jobs (in other words, if I print three records, I get 9 pieces of paper out of the printer - all the inform...

Anyone use Mailwasher?....
If so does anyone have problems with their outlook form time to time when using? If so is the kind of problem when outlook won't find your pop servers? Best regards Jerry Not sure if this helps, but I love mailwasher... Turn off your automatic receive. Use mailwasher with 2 minutes or so receive, after you open it when you see new messages in the taskbar, clean up and confirm THEN press F9 in outlook to receive mail. Works great.... p.s. get the pro version, its worth the 20 bucks! >-----Original Message----- >If so does anyone have problems with their outlook form time t...

Filtering no longer works after converting to access 2000
The following code behind the form works fine in access 97, but once the database is converted to access 2000, running this returns no records. Running the query standalone works, it just doesn't seem to work from the screen. Has there been a change from access 97 to access 2000 that may affect this type of code that I've missed? any help is greatly appreciated!!! Private Sub Requires_Tracking_Info_Filter_Click() On Error GoTo Err_Requires_Tracking_Info_Filter_Click If IsNull(Me![requires tracking info filter]) And IsEmpty(Me![requires tracking info filter]) Then TrackParmFilter = N...

E-mail Partial Workbook
I have sheet 1, 2 & 3 in a workbook and would like to E-Mail to a part only Sheet 2 without them seeing Sheets 1 and 3 from their e-mail. would like to do it without using *VBA* (I'm a beginner) or usin *copy, paste and giving sheet 2 a new name. -- DON ----------------------------------------------------------------------- DON S's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1288 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26731 Hi Don I have examples on my site http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm >> would like to...

SCL Level 9 Transport Rule Junk-E-Mail Folder (Exchange 2007)
Hello, I have an issue with the Junk-E-Mail-Folder. A third party tool is checking for spam and tags spam E-Mails with the phrase *** Spam *** in the subject. For this phrase I added a transport Rule which sets the addidtional header X-MS-Exchange-Organization-SCL: 9. This is working so far, but at some users this mails are not delivered into the Outlook 2007 Junk-E-Mail folder, they are going direct into the inbox. After further troubleshooting, I found out, that the Junk Mail option in OWA was not set for this users. After I changed this option it was working fine. The issue...

M2006 and BOA
What's the word on Active Statement and Money 2006? I used Active Statement on M2004 and had no issues even though BOA site says it's for M2000. Can I still use Active Statement or is there a better method now (Yodlee, QIF)? Have to say I don't know anything about Yodlee except the problems I've read here. I guess it's a Front End to most FI's that want to charge you $6 a month to integrate with Money or Quicken - is that right? Andrew, You can still use Active Statement. Yodlee is an aggregator that is able to provide account information outside your FI&#...

Deleted user sending mail
I am running Exchange 2000 in a W2K environment. We have Symantec Enterprise Virus Protection and Symantec Anti Virus Client on all nodes. The situation is that we are receiving email from a user that has been deleted for one year now. All Anti Virus updates are applied to Servers and Clients. This does not seem to be unique to us either. I have called some other collegues that are experiancing a similar problem, any useful information would be greatly appreciated. ...

Outlook 2003 Unread mail folder missing...
Changed a view where i lost my "unread messages" folder and can not figure out how to restore. thank you, Did you click on the mail icon at the bottom of the navigation bar or did you click on the folder icon? Try the mail icon (open envelope). --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer scotth <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | Changed a view where i lost my &qu...

Forward Engineer Access Database
I am new to Visio 2002 and have spent the last few minutes trying to figure out how to forward engineer a database diagram to an Access database. It was really simple in Visio 2000. Could someone please direct me on how to accomplish this. I have spent way too much time developing the schema in Visio, I'd hate to have to redo it in Access. Thanks a bunch! Sal most of the time this turns out to be having the wrong version of visio. you should be at the enterprise version. http://www.microsoft.com/office/visio/evaluation/indepth/de vtools.asp al >-----Original Message----- >...

Read-only access to Great Plains
In SQL Server, you can give db_datareader permissions to users and they'll have read-only access to the database. This database role is override when the DYNGRP permission is marked which every user needs to have marked because they won't be able to login to GP. -- http://ddelprado.blogspot.com ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Mi...

sql server access denied problem
hope this isn't obvious but am having trouble with SFO client. I have to grant Domain Admin membership to CRM users in order to get the Sql Server Service manager to connect to the server. With normal privileges I get Access Denied error when trying to connect to crm sql srv instance. I'm sure this isn't normal because on other install it worked perfectly with normal crm user and domain user rights. What could be tne cause - I did install an anti-virus software on the crm server. - could this have impact?? thx for any help FGF ...

What ARE the "Junk Mail Filter" rules?
I've found a lot of information regarding the implementation and correction of the Junk Mail Filter, but what i'm trying to find out is the following: What constitutes as "junk mail" according to the new mail filter (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=E478799E-074B- 4492-A224-257043C975AD&displaylang=en)? Our company is experiencing problems, in that emails sent from our own domain are being placed in the "junk mail" folder. We want to know why. Is there a list of rules that Microsoft publishes somewhere? As far as I know, Microsoft Re...

Curious "Access Is Denied" Error When Synchronising Offline Folders
Hi all, I have a curious error when a user synchronises offline folders. All of our users "My Documents" folders are held on a server via group policy. Workstations do not use synchronised offline folders, they are simply diverted to the server for their "My Documents" Laptops however (for obvious reasons) use synchronised offline folders for their My Documents. They are also stored on the server, but synchronisation occurs to hold a local copy for when they are out of the office. This all works a treat for about 120 users (50 laptops). One user however ...

merging of files without copy paste
How can I merge several files into one without copy/paste. I have many differente files and I need them to be in one, how do I d that and can I do that -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Excel does not have a built in function to merge workbooks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Setting the display format of a query using the DateDiff function
I have a question concerning the display of a calculated field based on the DateDiff function. Assume there exist “Start Time” and “End Time” fields that contain valid date & time information, and the date and time difference between these two fields is 75 minutes. I have created the following queries successfully… Duration (Min): DateDiff("n",[Start Time],[End Time]) Duration (Hrs): DateDiff("h",[Start Time],[End Time]) The “Duration (Min)” query shows the following result: 75 The “Duration (Hrs)” query shows the following result: 1 I am trying to find a method...

Main text box in outgoing mail not accepting edits. Why?
I have a bit of a problem, I can type anywhere but the text portion of an e-mail in Outlook. Any suggestions on what I should try to fix it? ...

how can i add the global fields on the windows using the modifier
Hi All how can i add the global fields on the windows. Sharat Mittakola You can't. Only fields from the linked table can be added to a window. For the rest you would have to make local fields and populate it via ADO. patrick mbs dev support -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "smittakola" <smittakola@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2BDA6D20-A423-44DB-B2E9-CD473E1068A2@microsoft.com... > Hi All > > how can i add the global fields on the windows. > > > Sharat Mittakola ...

OutLook Web Access Question
Hi all I have a Windows 2003 w/SP1 and Exchange w/SP1 and I would like to know how to change the interface. I know how to change the first screen which my users logon on to which is the logon.asp file. What I would like to change is the next screen which is when they are in their inbox. On that screen at the top left corner we have a company logo that I would like to change. Thanks in advance On Mon, 17 Apr 2006 04:56:01 -0700, Mike Moore <MikeMoore@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi all > >I have a Windows 2003 w/SP1 and Exchange w/SP1 and I would like to know how &...

merge and center #2
Hello When making a spreadsheet shared the merge and center function in the toolbar disables. Can anyone help to make it remain enabled all time? Regards Gina "GINA" <thisis@hotmail.com> wrote in news:IIhLe.10393$U36.5075@newsfe6- gui.ntli.net: > Hello > > When making a spreadsheet shared the merge and center function in the > toolbar disables. Can anyone help to make it remain enabled all time? > That's inherent to sharing! -- It is I, DeauDeau (Free after monsieur Leclerc in 'Allo, 'allo) When you share a workbook, some features won...

Query with most recent applicable criteria?
I have a query that is showing an average of hours worked over 6 weeks. I need to query by both the range of weeks and by the employee's department. The issue is that some employees changed department during the 6 weeks. Is there a way for the query to get the last 6 weeks based on the most recent weeks department even though not all 6 will have the same department? For Example: I want to enter weeks 1 through 6 for the sales dept, how do i enter Sales as the dept criteria and still get all 6 weeks instead of just the 5 they were on sales? Dept Hours week Sales 30 ...

changing the program used to open an attachment
I need to open a .dbx file (e-mail message folder) and I accidentaly chose Word, and didn't uncheck the always open box. How can I try to open this file with the correct program, and what is the correct one? Outlook express doesn't come up as an option, and I'm pretty sure that's the one I need. Thanks. Hi, Have you tried saving the attachment to your local PC then right-clicking and selecting "Open With... > Choose Program", then selecting the appropriate application? Louise "Berklee" <4tek@vom.com> wrote in message news:0b2c01c34baf$35...

Custom XML Parser (without using XmlDocument)
Hi, I'm wondering on how to go about writing a simple XML parser, one that doesn't use the XmlDocument class (DOM API) and relies only on (in-built, so to say low-level) file system and string parsing functions. Are there any examples or sample code that illustrates on how to go about building a custom XML parser on these lines. The main issue is that I'm not quite sure about how to render the XML file to an in-memory data structure of some sort using a custom parsing approach. Once I manage to build an in-memory hierarchical data structure from the XML data file, I can manipulate...

Window Live Mail Auto Forwarding
I have several email accounts I manage in Window Live Mail. Because I can see them all and their respective messages I don't require any of those messages to be forwarded to my hotmail account. I don't remember setting this up, but any email I receive in any account gets copied into my hotmail account also. How do I turn this off? Thank you. "James" <James@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2394F040-7628-44FB-BACE-0C1926195193@microsoft.com... > I have several email accounts I manage in Window Live Mail. Because I can see them all and thei...