Using check boxes to limit a report.

I have a table which lists all possible items for a vendor. I want to create
a form that shows all of the items. I want the user to be able to place check
marks next to the items they want. I then want to run a report which shows
all of the information about the items, but only for the items that had been
checked. What is a good way to approach this? I can't seem to find a way to
link the check boxes to the item table and don't know how to create a report
once they are linked. Can someone please direct me on how to do this? Or at
least to somewhere that I can find out how to do this? Thank you in advance
for any help.

Cynd,
   A simple solution is to add a True/False (ex. PrintMe) field to your
Items table.
   Create a dialog form that you will open before the report is called.
   On that form, create a continuous subform that shows all the Items and
the PrintMe field.  Users can check PrintMe for each Item you want to report
on.
   On that form, a button to open the report.
   In the query behind the report... use PrintMe = True as a criteria.

   One convenience you can add to the dialog form is a CheckAll button, and
a UnCheckAll button, that will, respectively, check all Items, or check no
Items.
   This can be done by 2 Update queries behind those buttons.
--
    hth
    Al Campagna

"Cynd" <Cynd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a table which lists all possible items for a vendor. I want to
>create
> a form that shows all of the items. I want the user to be able to place
> check
> marks next to the items they want. I then want to run a report which shows
> all of the information about the items, but only for the items that had
> been
> checked. What is a good way to approach this? I can't seem to find a way
> link the check boxes to the item table and don't know how to create a
> report
> once they are linked. Can someone please direct me on how to do this? Or
> at
> least to somewhere that I can find out how to do this? Thank you in
> advance
> for any help.

0
Al
11/25/2007 2:34:01 PM
That seems to be working fine. Thank you. I have two clarification questions,
though:
1) For the Update Queries, how can I get it to either not show the "you are
about to change x number of records permanently, are you sure you want to
continue" dialog, or to change the phrasing to a more user-friendly statement?
2) After the update queries have been run, the data on the sub-form does not
show the checkmarks being either removed or added (depending on the query).
How can I get the view to refresh after doing the update so the user knows
that it worked?

"Al Campagna" wrote:

> Cynd,
>    A simple solution is to add a True/False (ex. PrintMe) field to your
> Items table.
>    Create a dialog form that you will open before the report is called.
>    On that form, create a continuous subform that shows all the Items and
> the PrintMe field.  Users can check PrintMe for each Item you want to report
> on.
>    On that form, a button to open the report.
>    In the query behind the report... use PrintMe = True as a criteria.
>
>    One convenience you can add to the dialog form is a CheckAll button, and
> a UnCheckAll button, that will, respectively, check all Items, or check no
> Items.
>    This can be done by 2 Update queries behind those buttons.
> --
>     hth
>     Al Campagna
>     Microsoft Access MVP
>     http://home.comcast.net/~cccsolutions/index.html
>
>     "Find a job that you love... and you'll never work a day in your life."
>
> "Cynd" <Cynd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a table which lists all possible items for a vendor. I want to
> >create
> > a form that shows all of the items. I want the user to be able to place
> > check
> > marks next to the items they want. I then want to run a report which shows
> > all of the information about the items, but only for the items that had
> > been
> > checked. What is a good way to approach this? I can't seem to find a way
> > link the check boxes to the item table and don't know how to create a
> > report
> > once they are linked. Can someone please direct me on how to do this? Or
> > at
> > least to somewhere that I can find out how to do this? Thank you in
> > advance
> > for any help.

Cynd,

1.  Two ways (there are probably others) that I use to prevent the warning
messages.  I prefer method "b".  Method "a" turns of warning messages until
the SetWarnings = True code is encountered.  If you have an error popup and
jump out of this sequence of code, you may not get back to the SetWarnings =
True statement, which means that "ALL" future warnings would not be shown,
at least until the next SetWarnings = True is encountered.  The Execute
command omits the warnings, but I strongly encourage the optional
dbFailOnError option.  This will fire an error which you can handle with
your error handler if the SQL statement causes an error.

     a.  Docmd.SetWarnings = False
          your code
          Docmd.SetWarnings = True

     b.  Currentdb.Execute strSQL,, dbFailOnError

2.  After running the updates (Check All  or Uncheck All), you should
requery your form using:

     me.requery

HTH
Dale

> That seems to be working fine. Thank you. I have two clarification
> questions,
> though:
> 1) For the Update Queries, how can I get it to either not show the "you
> are
> about to change x number of records permanently, are you sure you want to
> continue" dialog, or to change the phrasing to a more user-friendly
> statement?
> 2) After the update queries have been run, the data on the sub-form does
> not
> show the checkmarks being either removed or added (depending on the
> query).
> How can I get the view to refresh after doing the update so the user knows
> that it worked?
>
> "Al Campagna" wrote:
>
>> Cynd,
>>    A simple solution is to add a True/False (ex. PrintMe) field to your
>> Items table.
>>    Create a dialog form that you will open before the report is called.
>>    On that form, create a continuous subform that shows all the Items and
>> the PrintMe field.  Users can check PrintMe for each Item you want to
>> report
>> on.
>>    On that form, a button to open the report.
>>    In the query behind the report... use PrintMe = True as a criteria.
>>
>>    One convenience you can add to the dialog form is a CheckAll button,
>> and
>> a UnCheckAll button, that will, respectively, check all Items, or check
>> no
>> Items.
>>    This can be done by 2 Update queries behind those buttons.
>> --
>>     hth
>>     Al Campagna
>>     Microsoft Access MVP
>>     http://home.comcast.net/~cccsolutions/index.html
>>
>>     "Find a job that you love... and you'll never work a day in your
>> life."
>>
>> "Cynd" <Cynd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have a table which lists all possible items for a vendor. I want to
>> >create
>> > a form that shows all of the items. I want the user to be able to place
>> > check
>> > marks next to the items they want. I then want to run a report which
>> > shows
>> > all of the information about the items, but only for the items that had
>> > been
>> > checked. What is a good way to approach this? I can't seem to find a
>> > way
>> > link the check boxes to the item table and don't know how to create a
>> > report
>> > once they are linked. Can someone please direct me on how to do this?
>> > Or
>> > at
>> > least to somewhere that I can find out how to do this? Thank you in
>> > advance
>> > for any help.

0
Dale
11/25/2007 10:12:51 PM
I was able to enter the requery command, but can't seem to figure out where
to place the failonerror line. Could you please tell me where it should be
placed in the code? The exact coding is:
Private Sub CheckALL_Click()
On Error GoTo Err_PRINTall_Click

    Dim stDocName As String

    stDocName = "UpdateToPRINTall"
    DoCmd.OpenQuery stDocName, acNormal, acEdit

Me.Requery

Exit_PRINTall_Click:
    Exit Sub

Err_PRINTall_Click:
    MsgBox Err.Description
    Resume Exit_PRINTall_Click

End Sub

"Dale Fye" wrote:

> [...]
> >> the PrintMe field.  Users can check PrintMe for each Item you want to
> >> report
> >> on.
> >>    On that form, a button to open the report.
> >>    In the query behind the report... use PrintMe = True as a criteria.
> >>
> >>    One convenience you can add to the dialog form is a CheckAll button,
> >> and
> >> a UnCheckAll button, that will, respectively, check all Items, or check
> >> no
> >> Items.
> >>    This can be done by 2 Update queries behind those buttons.
> >> --
> >>     hth
> >>     Al Campagna
> >>     Microsoft Access MVP
> >>     http://home.comcast.net/~cccsolutions/index.html
> >>
> >>     "Find a job that you love... and you'll never work a day in your

Cynd,

I would modify your code as follows, although the error handling might be a
little more extensive.   I assume that your query "UpdateToPrintAll" reads
something like"

Update yourTableName SET ToPrint = -1

************************************
Private Sub CheckAll_Click

   Dim strSQL as string

   On Error Goto CheckAllError

   currentdb.Execute "UpdateToPrintAll",, dbFailOnError
   me.requery

    Exit Sub
CheckAllError:

    msgbox "Error encountered: " & err.Number & vbcrlf & err.description
End Sub

BTW, as a naming convention, I try to preface the names of all my queries
with "qry_".  This allows me to easily see that "qry_UpdateToPrintAll" is a
query, and makes it significantly easier for the guy that tries to modify my
code in the future to know what he is looking at.  In this case, I might go
so far as to name my query "qry_YourTableName_UpdateToPrintAll" as this
would tell me at a glance what table I am trying to update the ToPrint
column in.  My forms are almost always based on queries that look somthing
like: qry_formname_Recordsource or qry_formname_cboState.  I strongly advise
you to adopt a naming convention and follow it religiously.  Lookup "VBA
+naming +conventions" in Google for some examples.

HTH
Dale

>I was able to enter the requery command, but can't seem to figure out where
> to place the failonerror line. Could you please tell me where it should be
> placed in the code? The exact coding is:
> Private Sub CheckALL_Click()
> On Error GoTo Err_PRINTall_Click
>
>    Dim stDocName As String
>
>    stDocName = "UpdateToPRINTall"
>    DoCmd.OpenQuery stDocName, acNormal, acEdit
>
> Me.Requery
>
> Exit_PRINTall_Click:
>    Exit Sub
>
> Err_PRINTall_Click:
>    MsgBox Err.Description
>    Resume Exit_PRINTall_Click
>
> End Sub
>
> "Dale Fye" wrote:
>
>> Cynd,
>>
>> 1.  Two ways (there are probably others) that I use to prevent the
>> warning
>> messages.  I prefer method "b".  Method "a" turns of warning messages
>> until
>> the SetWarnings = True code is encountered.  If you have an error popup
>> and
>> jump out of this sequence of code, you may not get back to the
>> SetWarnings =
>> True statement, which means that "ALL" future warnings would not be
>> shown,
>> at least until the next SetWarnings = True is encountered.  The Execute
>> command omits the warnings, but I strongly encourage the optional
>> dbFailOnError option.  This will fire an error which you can handle with
>> your error handler if the SQL statement causes an error.
>>
>>      a.  Docmd.SetWarnings = False
>>           your code
>>           Docmd.SetWarnings = True
>>
>>      b.  Currentdb.Execute strSQL,, dbFailOnError
>>
>> 2.  After running the updates (Check All  or Uncheck All), you should
>> requery your form using:
>>
>>      me.requery
>>
>> HTH
>> Dale
>>
>> "Cynd" <Cynd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > That seems to be working fine. Thank you. I have two clarification
>> > questions,
>> > though:
>> > 1) For the Update Queries, how can I get it to either not show the "you
>> > are
>> > about to change x number of records permanently, are you sure you want
>> > continue" dialog, or to change the phrasing to a more user-friendly
>> > statement?
>> > 2) After the update queries have been run, the data on the sub-form
>> > does
>> > not
>> > show the checkmarks being either removed or added (depending on the
>> > query).
>> > How can I get the view to refresh after doing the update so the user
>> > knows
>> > that it worked?

0
Dale
11/25/2007 11:31:02 PM
 When I entered your code:
Private Sub CheckALL_Click()
Dim strSQL As String

   On Error GoTo CheckAllError

  CurrentDb.Execute ("UpdateToPRINTall"), , dbFailOnError

 Me.Requery

    Exit Sub
CheckAllError:

    MsgBox "Error encountered: " & Err.Number & vbCrLf & Err.Description
End Sub

and rem'd all of mine for that click, I got a compile error stating wrong
number of arguments or  invalid property assignment. Can you see why I would
get that error? (And BTY, as for naming conventions, all of my db programming
is done by me, and no one ever looks at the code except for when I'm asking
for help. I do understand what you are saying, though, and appreciate the
concern.)

"Dale Fye" wrote:

> [...]
> >> until
> >> the SetWarnings = True code is encountered.  If you have an error popup
> >> and
> >> jump out of this sequence of code, you may not get back to the
> >> SetWarnings =
> >> True statement, which means that "ALL" future warnings would not be
> >> shown,
> >> at least until the next SetWarnings = True is encountered.  The Execute
> >> command omits the warnings, but I strongly encourage the optional
> >> dbFailOnError option.  This will fire an error which you can handle with
> >> your error handler if the SQL statement causes an error.
> >>
> >>      a.  Docmd.SetWarnings = False
> >>           your code
> >>           Docmd.SetWarnings = True
> >>
> >>      b.  Currentdb.Execute strSQL,, dbFailOnError
> >>
> >> 2.  After running the updates (Check All  or Uncheck All), you should

Cynd,

Take the parenthesis from around your query name, they are not needed.
Should look like:

Currentdb.execute "UpdateToPrintAll", , dbFailOnError

HTH
Dale

--
Don''t forget to rate the post if it was helpful!

Email address is not valid.
Please reply to newsgroup only.

"Cynd" wrote:

> [...]
> > would tell me at a glance what table I am trying to update the ToPrint
> > column in.  My forms are almost always based on queries that look somthing
> > like: qry_formname_Recordsource or qry_formname_cboState.  I strongly advise
> > you to adopt a naming convention and follow it religiously.  Lookup "VBA
> > +naming +conventions" in Google for some examples.
> >
> > HTH
> > Dale
> >
> > "Cynd" <Cynd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >I was able to enter the requery command, but can't seem to figure out where
> > > to place the failonerror line. Could you please tell me where it should be
> > > placed in the code? The exact coding is:
> > > Private Sub CheckALL_Click()
> > > On Error GoTo Err_PRINTall_Click
> > >
> > >    Dim stDocName As String
> > >
> > >    stDocName = "UpdateToPRINTall"
> > >    DoCmd.OpenQuery stDocName, acNormal, acEdit

I took away the parenthesis and still got the same compile error.

Cynd wrote:

> When I entered your code:
>Private Sub CheckALL_Click()
>Dim strSQL As String
>
>   On Error GoTo CheckAllError
>
>  CurrentDb.Execute ("UpdateToPRINTall"), , dbFailOnError

You should only have one comma before dbFailOnError.

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]

Text Box #6
I have a userform which I have linked to a spreadsheet. I need to know how to get the userform to clear textbox.1 once I hit the enter key I have it working but it clear this textbox. Also how do I get the userform to automatically refresh to show the updated titles in the other textboxes on this form. Thanks in advance Greg The customary behavior for a UserForm is that hitting the Enter key is equivalent to clicking the OK button, which usually closes the UserForm. What exactly are you trying to accomplish? A little more detail would be helpful. -- Vasant "Greg B..." &l...

Does MS CRM 3.0 use Impersonation/Delegation model...?
Hi, I wanted to check on the authentication method used by MS CRM web server in communicating with the database when they are installed on seperate servers.. Does it use trusted sub system model (where Db trusts the web/app server for authentication of orginal callers) OR delegation model (where original caller's credentails are passed to the DB)..? Thanks, Nandi ...

filtering check boxes
I know how to filter a field that is not a check box, I use the simple code below Private Sub Label41_Click() Me.Filter = "[Month] Like 'Jun'" Me.FilterOn = True End Sub However how can I use this code to filter a check box. Check box is either "Yes" or "No" I tried using Yes, and True but that does not filter. Any succestion? Sandrao Try using -1 instead of True -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "sandrao" wrote: > I know how to filter a field that is not a check box, I use the simple code > below > Private Sub Label41_Clic...

receving email size limit
Hi, I have email send/receiving size limit setup for 5mb in exchange 2003 srv - globe setting/message delivery, but I'd like to permit certain users to receive emails > 5mb size, how can I set this up? I tried in user's exchange general setting/delivery restriction, it seems not working... do I have to restart anything after making changes? thanks al -- 007 You must override the global setting in the individual user account. ...

Text Boxes #4
I have a number of text boxes within charts that highlight some of the information. I change the data that produces the charts and would like to automatically change the text in the text box by linking the text box to cells within a worksheet. Is this possible to do? Thanks Graham Hi Graham you can link a text box to a cell, 1) click on the text box 2) click in the formula bar 3) type =A1 (or whatever cell) 4) press enter Cheers JulieD "Graham Parkinson" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:219f01c4d884$799b2570$a501280a@phx.gbl... >I have a...

Change date format on report
My date displays as mddyy in the table but on the report I'd like it to display as mm/dd/yyyy, how would I code that to have that field always display in mm/dd/yyyy format. I'm thinking this is very simple but I just can't get it to work for me. Thank so much for your help. On May 2, 1:50 pm, SITCFanTN <SITCFa...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > My date displays as mddyy in the table but on the report I'd like it to > display as mm/dd/yyyy, how would I code that to have that field always > display in mm/dd/yyyy format. I'm thinking this is very simple...

Why does spell check change to English(US) on replies/forwards?
My default language is set to English(UK) spell checker reverts to English (US) when replying or forwarding messages. How can I change this so it is always English(UK)?Cheers,Tom ...

SQL Reporting Services and Multiple Databases
Creating a report to work against a single database is pretty easy. Does anybody have a good method for making the same report work for any company database? I'm not talking about consolidating them but being able to have the report set up once and make it dynamically use the company I specify. -- Charles Allen, MVP Charles, I saw a technique like this one http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Development/2945/ at SQL Saturday in Orlando so I know it can be done. Essentially you're passing a parameter to the connection string similar to using a parameter in a report. Mark ...

Using the Text Formula
I have a range of cells that I want to apply the =LOWER function to but each time that I go to make the text lowercase the text disappears from the cell. I was wondering if someone could tell me what I was possibly doing wrong? capnhud, with the text you want to change in column A, in B1 put =LOWER(A1) and copy down -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "capnhud" <capnhud@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote i...

Combo Box changes after Microsoft Upgrade.
I have WindowsXP and Access2003. I have a Combo Box on a form used for finding a particular record. After downloading and installing the Office2003 upgrade (Office 2003 Service Pack 3 (SP3)), one of the columns (a text) Combo Box is blank. This remains blank even if I create a new Combo Box. Also, going back to a application backup I made in January2007, this column has become blank too. The Office 2003 Service Pack 3 (SP3) is the only event which has occurred. Please help, Frank And, you've hit the nail on the head. It is SP3 which is causing this issue. From what I u...

Writing to windows registry using XML....
Dear All, I have query regarding the registry. Is it possible to write it to windows registry using the XML? if yes then what is the API or tag used to write it. I am just a beginner in XML. thanks in advance. Regards, Umesh kbnumesh@gmail.com wrote: > I have query regarding the registry. > > Is it possible to write it to windows registry using the XML? > if yes then what is the API or tag used to write it. Why do you want to use XML when dealing with the Windows registry? It is not based on XML so I don't see that XML helps. The .NET framework 2.0 has this class <...

Use that security update
--mkiwhwpnjcjb Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="sxwxczsxhcxkocu"; type="multipart/alternative" --sxwxczsxhcxkocu Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="nmfgoiam" --nmfgoiam Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft User this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to maintain the securit...

Combo Box on Forms
Hi, I am using a combo box on a form that has several items w/ one being Other. If the user selects other I want them to be able to input what they want so that it will go into the table instead of just the "Other". I just am not really sure on how to do that. Can you help? Thanks, Jaime In design view click on VIEW - Properties and the the combo. Then change Limit To List to No. -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "jseger22@yahoo.com" wrote: > Hi, > > I am using a combo box on a form that has several items w/ one being > Other. If the use...

Can't Use Outlook after changing Servers
Moved users from one server to another. Users map USER folder to U:\ drive, no chnage there. After move when trying to open Outlook it stops with an error that there is a security problem with the .pst file. There is none I can find. Tried deleting Outlook profile for user and installing a new one, came up with same pst file. tried adding a second pst file and get the same security violation, No other files have problems, WORD or Excel. ideas?? dave Admin ...

Restoring shares WITH share permissions using DPM
I'm backing up about 58 shares (using DPM 2007 SP1) and need to restore said shares to another (duplicate) server. Upon restore, the share permissions are missing, while the security permissions remain intact. I'm backing up what appears to be volumes and shares so I can recover either way as well....but the results are the same, no share permissions restored. Is there a step\process I'm missing???? Any help appreciated! Restoring share permissions is not supported by DPM. Though DPM allows protecting at share level, it backups/restores data underneath it incl...

32 character payee field limit in Money 2005
I know this issue has been addressed before but I am wondering if there has been any update. As others have expressed, I find the 32 character limit ridiculous, even if it does comply with OFX standards. When I download my statements from my various banks, they invariably stretch beyond 32 characters, such as: BANKOFAMERICA ATM WITHDRAWAL ON which should read: BANKOFAMERICA ATM WITHDRAWAL ON 12/16/2003 FROM KIRKLAND, WA or BANKER ON LINE TRNSFR FROM CHECK which should read: BANKER ON LINE TRNSFR FROM CHECKING 82065555 The disappointing part is that, in general, the important informa...

Incomplete NDR report
Hi All, I have completed upgrading to Exchange 2003 Enterprise from Exchange 2000 Standard for about 2 months now. Everything is woking fine. The server is still running WIN2K. I have just noticed all NON-DELIVERY reports are the same in format. If an e-mail account does not exist in active directory the returned e-mail is the same basic e-mail as if an inbound e-mail that is over sized. See below. The server code part is correct (5.1.1 or 5.1.2) This only happens if a Non-Delivery report is delivered to the Internet. A non-delivery report internally gives the full description why the ...

Print Item Number Ole object on Sales Order Processing reports
Would like the ability to print an Item Number Ole object on my SOP reports. For example, go to Transactions, Sales, Sales Transaction Entry. In the Sales Transaction Entry window, enter an Order for an Item. Click the Item Number Note button. Once you are in the Note window, click the paperclip button to add an Ole Object. In the OLE Container window, click Edit, and then click Insert New Object. In the next widow click Create from File. This is where you will attach an existing object (such as an image or text file). Close the window and save your changes. Click Attach to atta...

Any add on products I can use with SOP
We are trying to keep track of our orders that are not ready to be processed for reasons such as waiting for approval from customer, waiting for confirm ship date, needing customization and therefore take longer in production... We want to be able to add a comment that has a date and an action date. Date is the date someone enter in a comment, action date will be a date when someone needs to follow up. We need multiple dates and multiple comments for a single order and do not want everything type together in one comment field. We already have collection main module and we can use so...

archiving e-mail .pst file limit
Hi , is ther a file size limit for the .pst file? I have had problems with users who have a pst file close to 2gig not being able to archive files unless they create a new pst file and then they are able to archive. Also if there is a size limit , can it be reset to a higher size? Thanks 2GB is the file size limit for pst-files created in Outlook 97-2002 and cannot be extended. The pst-files created in Outlook 2003 by default can become 20GB but can be extended to a virtual unlimited size. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Properly back-up ...

Reporting table fields vertically
I've come across a client with a non-normalized table with sales of items for eight different regions. So, the fields in the table are: ItemCode Region1SalesQty Region2SalesQty .... .... Region8SalesQty Typically the client is printing these sales in columns, with a report that has the eight regions spaced horizontally across the page. Something like this: ItemCode Region1SalesQty Region2SalesQty ... Region8SalesQty However, they now need a report with the sales reported vertically, like this: ItemCode Region1SalesQty Region2SalesQty ...

Exchange 5.5 standard hit 16gb limit!
Exchange server standard 5.5 hit 16gb limit. seems the admin account used for internet connector service has about 2 million messages in it. Theres only a gb or so left on the drive, I cannot delete that users mailbox. Im guessing because its a logged operation and theres not enough diskspace for the log. I dont have the mailbox cleanup wizard from sp3, what can be done? A defrag of course wont work since it needs 10% additional (still wouldnt cleanup those 2 million messages!). So.. it comes up and a few minutes later goes down again. How else can I get these messages removed with this...

Can a workbook be used as a function
Hi, I have an excel workbook (A) that givern three parameters, temp1, temp and flow calculates the energy transfer for a process we conduct, have another workbook (B) which contains the hourly logged data for th process from which we generate monthly reports. Is it possible to use workbook (A) like a function and pass to it th three parameters from workbook (B) and return to workbook (B) th answer ie. energy transfered. Workbook (B) contain approx 750 logs so i need to repeat th calculation 750 times I could link the two which works for the first piece of logged data bu how to automatically...

Combo Box 11-21-07
Hi I have a database where on the main form (it's a pop-up), there's a combo box that allows the user to select a person's name. That should bring up the record and display the data. However, for some reason, it's stopped working? The Name field at the top of the form now reads "#Name?" even though the field is specified as "Client"&FirstName& and I get an error message of "The expression After Update you entered as the event property setting produced the following error: Object or class does not support the set of events" Can someone ...

checking
Checking ...