Unbound Text Field

I need to set he value of an Unbound Text field on a report.  Since this
report is called from several different forms I can't set it on the report
itself and it doesn't work setting it from the from.  Any suggestions
appreciated!
Thanks
DS

0
DS

Which version of ACCESS are you using? What is the actual value that needs
to be set in the textbox -- is it a fixed value, or a value from a form's
textbox, or what?

--

        Ken Snell
<MS ACCESS MVP>

"DS" <bootybox@optonline.net> wrote in message
>I need to set he value of an Unbound Text field on a report.  Since this
>report is called from several different forms I can't set it on the report
>itself and it doesn't work setting it from the from.  Any suggestions
>appreciated!
> Thanks
> DS

0
Ken
3/31/2007 5:07:12 PM
On Sat, 31 Mar 2007 12:31:11 -0500, DS wrote:

> I need to set he value of an Unbound Text field on a report.  Since this
> report is called from several different forms I can't set it on the report
> itself and it doesn't work setting it from the from.  Any suggestions
> appreciated!
> Thanks
> DS

Why doesn't it work by setting it from a form?
You really haven't given enough information.
How do we know what you have tried or not tried?

Did you pass the data to the report using the OpenReport openargs
argument? (Access 2000 or newer)

DoCmd.OpenReport "ReportName", adViewPreview, , , , "Some Text here"

and read it in the Report's ReportHeader Format event:

If Not IsNull(Me.OpenArgs) Then
    Me!ControlName = Me.OpenArgs
End If

--
Fred
Please respond only to this newsgroup.
"Ken Snell (MVP)" <kthsneisllis9@ncoomcastt.renaetl> wrote in message
> Which version of ACCESS are you using? What is the actual value that needs
> to be set in the textbox -- is it a fixed value, or a value from a form's
> textbox, or what?
>
> --
>
>        Ken Snell
> <MS ACCESS MVP>
>
> "DS" <bootybox@optonline.net> wrote in message
>>I need to set he value of an Unbound Text field on a report.  Since this
>>report is called from several different forms I can't set it on the report
>>itself and it doesn't work setting it from the from.  Any suggestions
>>appreciated!
>> Thanks
>> DS

0
DS
4/1/2007 8:21:20 PM
Thanks I'll try the OpenArgs I forgot all about That.
DS
"fredg" <fgutkind@example.invalid> wrote in message
> On Sat, 31 Mar 2007 12:31:11 -0500, DS wrote:
>
>> I need to set he value of an Unbound Text field on a report.  Since this
>> report is called from several different forms I can't set it on the
>> report
>> itself and it doesn't work setting it from the from.  Any suggestions
>> appreciated!
>> Thanks
>> DS
>
> Why doesn't it work by setting it from a form?
> You really haven't given enough information.
> How do we know what you have tried or not tried?
>
> Did you pass the data to the report using the OpenReport openargs
> argument? (Access 2000 or newer)
>
> DoCmd.OpenReport "ReportName", adViewPreview, , , , "Some Text here"
>
> and read it in the Report's ReportHeader Format event:
>
> If Not IsNull(Me.OpenArgs) Then
>    Me!ControlName = Me.OpenArgs
> End If
>
> --
> Fred
> Please respond only to this newsgroup.
> I do not reply to personal e-mail

0
DS

Populating a field
I've created a entry form which has a look-up field for the machineID. I would like that when the user selects the machineID in the look-up; other fields (location, model) are populated. Is it possible and what is the process? I have a query for the machine selection and used it to create a subform. But this doesn't accomplish my goal. The information isn't captured inthe main form's table. Try adding columns to a combobox and populating textboxes using the combo's column property (aircode): Sub cboWhatever_AfterUpdate() Me.txtTextbox1 = Me.cboWhatever.Colu...

how do I convert an imported number to text
I am downloading data from a computer and wish to convert the number to text in an excel format eg: 0 = pump #1there is a series of numbers from 0 to nine and each one represents a different problem or failure of a piece of machinery Have you tried Find and Replace (Ctrl+H) -- Jacob "Lyn" wrote: > I am downloading data from a computer and wish to convert the number to text > in an excel format eg: 0 = pump #1there is a series of numbers from 0 to nine > and each one represents a different problem or failure of a piece of machinery ...

Plain Text Emails From Outlook Web Access
Does anyone know how to send plain text emails from Outlook web access? The only options I can find are to send them using different fonts. Any ideas, please email at orlando@cybrzn.com Thanks! Well, considering OWA is HTML... you could configure it on the server - compose in HTML, convert to plain text when it's sent but it would apply to all messages. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Search for answers: http://groups.google...

Combobox delets text typed in on open of saved file.
I have a combobox that is linked and bound to other cells. I can select words from the list just fine and it saves them and displays them when i reopen the document. The problem is when the name i am looking for is not on the list and i have to type it in manually. When i do this it lets me type the name and i can print the sheet and the name is there and i can click the save button and the name is there. When i open the saved sheet however the name will apear for a quick second then the workbook finishes loading and the name disappears. Any advice on how to get the name to save ...

One line of text is not wrapping
We have a cell in a spreadsheet in which the last line of text will not wrap when printing. We have manually adjusted the column width, turned on/off AutoFit, and turned wrap text on and off. The text displays correctly but will not print correctly. Please advise. Thanks. Hi Judy, Try using a manual new line earlier than where it fails Alt+Enter See Help, specification limits --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.h...

Fields in SOP10100
Are the fields SIMPLIFD, GPSFOINTEGRATIONID, CORRNXST in SOP10100 used by Great Plains in any of its business logic. I want to use these fields for my customized needs but do not want to change values if they are used by Great Plains anywhere. What are you going to do with them? From the SDK: Simplified: Flag to indicate that this transaction is a Simplified transaction. GPSFO Integration ID: Great Plains Front Office only. Holds the primary key of front office records that are integrated to this record. Correction to Nonexisting Transaction: Flag to indicate that this transac...

Problem with Exchange 2000 with multiple recipients in BCC field
Hi, our mail server is Exchange 2000 server SP3+post SP3 hotfixes on Windows 2000 server SP4. Users are having problems when they try to send mails that have multiple SMTP recipients in BCC field. Sometimes messages are sent but sometimes outlook gives error "the operation failed." If users get this error, they are not able to send that message anymore, even if they create new message and copy/paste message content from old message. Sometimes they succeed if they remove some recipients but not everytime. This problem occurs with Outlook 2000, Outlook XP and even with OWA (exc...

Saving unicode text to the clipboard
Hi, Im trying to save a string (unicode) to the clipboard, but it fails and i cant see why. Here is my code. <snip> // for testing, create a CString. CString data = _T("my data"); data.FreeExtra(); HGLOBAL clipbuffer = GlobalAlloc( GMEM_DDESHARE, data.GetAllocLength()+sizeof(wchar_t) ); if (clipbuffer == NULL) { ASSERT(0); return; } wchar_t *buffer = (wchar_t*)GlobalLock(clipbuffer); wcscpy_s( buffer, data.GetAllocLength()+sizeof(wchar_t), (wchar_t*)data.GetBuffer() ); GlobalUnlock(clipbuffer); EmptyClipboard(); // The next line fails. SetClipboardData(CF_UNICODETE...

Repeating a formula in text
I'm concatenating two columns in an excel data file. The formula works, but won't replicate in the column to subsequent rows, all it will do is copy. I'm tearing my hair out - I've done it before but all of the sudden it won't work. Can you help? 1) What happens if you hit [F9] ? If this recalculates the correct results - then your Calculation option is set to "Manual". 2) Did you, by mistake, fix the References of the concatenated cells with $ [like: $A$1] ? Micky "Lyn" wrote: > I'm concatenating two columns in an ex...

How can I convert newsgroup to text
I'd like to make a database re: information from a newsgroup. Is there an inexpensive way to mass convert downloaded messages to a simple text file? How about individual posts to seperate text files? Thanks If I see any I like I copy and then paste into notepad and have built up quite a library over the years. I then save in "My documents". I do the same with the emails I wish to keep as it makes it much easier in transferring to a new computer. "AKA Gray Asphalt" <goodidea1950@hotmail.spam.com> wrote in message news:nKrzg.39785$AB3.7847@fed1read02... >...

Parameter fields in FRx
A useful function to add to FRx would be the ability to use parameter fields within Rows, columns, tres and catalogs. This could save a lot of maintenance at run time espically when running daily reports where start and end dates are used. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree"...

Need to have a black background for text
I have a document which currently has a table in which there's white text on a black background. Unfortunately, the background is black only just surrounding the text, and it needs to be black across the whole area where the text is. Is there a way to just draw a flat back rectangle and place it behind the text? When I try to select the area and do a fill, under colors, weights and fills, I only get line settings, and nothing for fill. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Best, J. Hi Jeffrey: Would you be so kind as to give some indication of what version of what pr...

To: Field sloooow behavior
Some users (including myself, up until a recent rebuild of my PC) are suffering from this odd behavior and I'm hoping one of you can help. Using Outlook 2007 on a domain with Exhange 2003; some users on XP Pro, some on Vista Enterprise. I fire up a new email and start typing in the To: field. Sometimes it takes a few seconds for the letters to appear. Worse yet, if I make a mistake and need to backspace, it can take several seconds to erase the characters. I thought I had narrowed the problem down to Windows Desktop Search because uninstalling it eliminated the problem on one use...

Word 2007 Autotext and formatted text
I type the underlined text, select the text, hit Alt-F3, it's saved in Building Blocks, I name it and save it. When I go back to enter the text, either in the same document or in a new document days later, the text is NOT underlined. I have repeated the entry over and over. It never holds the underline. Does 2007 not hold formatting in autotext? Thanks for your help. How did you apply the underline formatting? Direct formatting (for example, applied by pressing Ctrl+U) should definitely be saved to the AutoText/Building Block entry. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP ...

On account field in sales orders
For some of our invoices, the on account field is zero for some of the invoices although the invoices have subtotals and grand totals. There is no amount received on the invoice when entering in. As a result, the amount remaining on the resulting receivables invoice is zero. We need to run reconcile on the receivables invoice to fix it so that we can accept payment. Has anyone seen this before on Great Plains 8? Are you on SP5? -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "Stacey" wrote: > For some of our invoic...

breakdown adresses into separate fields
I have a table of about 12,000 addresses containig a Street No, street name and a suffix (ave, dr, etc). Can I break this into separate fields? (there are also some two-word street names which, of course, have a space between the two words.) I need to puul the street # up to the space into a field, then the suffix following the last space into a field leaving the remaining street name in a field by itsself). How can I accomplish this feat?? thanx - d On Mon, 4 Feb 2008 17:50:00 -0800, David# <David@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a table of about 12,000 addresses...

Text to column using multiple spaces?? CITY STATE ZIP
Hello I currently have a column that is CITY STATE ZIP I would like to make this 3 seperate columns CITY, STATE, ZIP How can I do this? I cant use space because sometimes the city has 2 parts: BUFFALO NY 11222 or sometimes it is: BUFFALO CITY NY 11223 any ideas? thanks. On Apr 29, 11:15=A0am, PAkerly <pake...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello I currently have a column that is CITY STATE ZIP > > I would like to make this 3 seperate columns CITY, STATE, ZIP > > How can I do this? =A0I cant use space because sometimes the city has 2 > parts: > > BUFFALO NY 11222 >...

Insert RTF text into a Word document?
How to Insert Rich Format Text into a Word document ? thanks in advance. ...

I open a CSV file with excel, but the text is separate with comma!
How can I see the text separate with column, not comma. When I open the same file with another computer, it is separate with column. It has probably something to do with my computer. Select Column A (that contains your text) and then select Data, Text to Columns, Delimted, Comma, and Finish. This should separate into Columns as per it's display. August Wrote: > How can I see the text separate with column, not comma. When I open the > same > file with another computer, it is separate with column. It has > probably > something to do with my computer. -- Bryan H...

how to put 3 text boxes on the form that...
I have a form based on following query SELECT qryData.SID, DateDiff("n",[timein],[timeout]) AS Minutes FROM Duration, qryData WHERE (((qryData.timeIn)>=[from]) AND ((qryData.timeOut)<=[to]+1));\ On the form, I want only 3 text boxes: 1. Uniq SID count 2. total recound count 3. total hours Thanks With a crosstab: TRANSFORM Count(*) AS c SELECT SUM(minutes) As TotalMinutes, COUNT(*) AS NumberOfRecords, COUNT(c) AS NumberOfDistinctSID FROM qry GROUP BY 1 PIVOT sid IN (null); Note you also get a fourth field, <>, which is to be disre...

Picture objects and text boxes change position
I created a combination (line-column) chart within a worksheet, and inserted a gif picture object onto the bottom right-hand corner of the chart. For some reason, when I save the file and then reopen it, the gif object has moved slightly. Each time I save and reopen the file, the gif's position changes again ... eventually the gif will move off of the chart. The same thing happens with a text box I inserted onto the bottom left-hand corner of the chart (the text box references a cell containing the TODAY formula). I've tried moving the chart to a separate chart sheet and same ...

Custom Fields 11-03-03
I am interested in creating fields within the CRM so that if I have a customer that I am about to quote to, and I find that they have other equipment that I want to store in the CRM ... tied with the customer ... can I create these fields and allow them to be searchable? You can add fields to CRM objects such as contacts by using the deployment manager tool. once you have added the fields you can then add them to your contact form. So the way to do this is 1 - add fields to contact object schema in deployment manager 2 - in deployment manager publish the changes to contact object 3 - in...

Sumif using Values, but returning text or values
Hi, I have 2 different reports. One has a list of contracts with a unique id and the other has a much larger list of contracts that also have a unique TEXT id that I need to return to the smaller report. The only common field between both reports is the contract value in dollars. Any help would be great appreciated!! -- I need so much help, but right now, some Excel help will suffice!! Use the VLookup( ) function BUT GOSH, what happens if you have 2 contracts for $1,000.00.???!!! -- Hope this helps. If it does, please click the Yes button. Thanks in advance for your...

How do you make text diagonal in a text box?
How can you change the orientation of text to 45 degrees in a text box? Only option appears to be 90 degrees. You can rotate the text box 45 degrees. Right-click the text box, format text box, size tab. You can rotate WordArt. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "elainec04" <elainec04@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F2847D50-AA44-4EDF-B6CF-F928DC06FE43@microsoft.com... > How can you change the orientation of text to 45 degrees in a text box? Only > option appears to be 90 degree...

Org Chart Fitting Text into Box
I am using the org chart tool, and my text doesn't fit into the box. I don't know what I did, but the boxes all got smaller. I tried making the text smaller, but it is not enough. How to I get the boxes to become bigger Bob If you turn off AutoLayout, you can adjust the size of the text box -- Select the Org chart From the Org Chart toolbar, select Layout>AutoLayout (this will toggle AutoLayout between On and Off) Then, click on the border of a textbox in which all the text is not visible Drag a corner handle (white circle) to make the box large enough to display all ...