Trouble with sums in report

Hi,
    Trying to do a report based on a form/subform. Did a query to include
all data from form and subform and made a report where everything shows up
fine and is grouped as I want it. BUT. I can sum data from the report detail
section just fine but cannot sum data that is in the next level up - the
DailyRecordID header. Is there a way? must I use VBA? I'm a slow and simple
code writer.
            Any help appreciated
                                    Brian S.

0
Brian

Brian Snelling wrote:
>    Trying to do a report based on a form/subform. Did a query to include
>all data from form and subform and made a report where everything shows up
>fine and is grouped as I want it. BUT. I can sum data from the report detail
>section just fine but cannot sum data that is in the next level up - the
>DailyRecordID header. Is there a way? must I use VBA? I'm a slow and simple
>code writer.

Explore using a text box (in the group header/footer) with
its RunningSum property set to Over Group to provide a total
to another text box in the group footer of the level above
the running sum text box.  Set the RunningSum property to
Over All to provide a total to a text box in the report
footer.

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]

            Brian S.

"Marshall Barton" <marshbarton@wowway.com> wrote in message
> Brian Snelling wrote:
>>    Trying to do a report based on a form/subform. Did a query to include
>>all data from form and subform and made a report where everything shows up
>>fine and is grouped as I want it. BUT. I can sum data from the report
>>detail
>>section just fine but cannot sum data that is in the next level up - the
>>DailyRecordID header. Is there a way? must I use VBA? I'm a slow and
>>simple
>>code writer.
>

> Explore using a text box (in the group header/footer) with
> its RunningSum property set to Over Group to provide a total
> to another text box in the group footer of the level above
> the running sum text box.  Set the RunningSum property to
> Over All to provide a total to a text box in the report
> footer.
>
> --
> Marsh
> MVP [MS Access]

0
Brian
2/7/2008 7:20:32 AM
On rereading my reply, I see how it's clarity leaves a lot
to be desired.  Let me try again.

report heaser
 . . .
	xxx group header
		 . . .
		Daily group header
				text box txtAmount
									ControlSource: fldAmount
				text box txtRunGrpAmt
									ControlSource: fldAmount
									RunningSum:	 Over Group
				text box txtRunGrandAmt
									ControlSource: fldAmount
									RunningSum:	 Over All
				 . . .
			Detail
				 . . .
		Daily group footer
		 . . .
	xxx group footer
			text box txtGrpTotalAmt
								ControlSource:		=txtRunGrpAmt
			 . . .
report footer
		text box txtGrpTotalAmt
							ControlSource:		=txtRunGrandAmt
		 . . .
--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]

Brian Snelling wrote:
>Thanks for the quick reply Marshall. So far no joy but I;m a novice and will
>keep at your suggestion till I'm sure one way or the other
>

>"Marshall Barton" wrote
>> Brian Snelling wrote:
>>>    Trying to do a report based on a form/subform. Did a query to include
>>>all data from form and subform and made a report where everything shows up
>>>fine and is grouped as I want it. BUT. I can sum data from the report
>>>detail
>>>section just fine but cannot sum data that is in the next level up - the
>>>DailyRecordID header. Is there a way? must I use VBA? I'm a slow and
>>>simple
>>>code writer.
>>

>> Explore using a text box (in the group header/footer) with
>> its RunningSum property set to Over Group to provide a total
>> to another text box in the group footer of the level above
>> the running sum text box.  Set the RunningSum property to
>> Over All to provide a total to a text box in the report
>> footer.
0
Marshall

Report to RTF and Save
Hi, I have a database that already runs this, unfortunately the person who created has up and retired and I cant ask him. I have created a Report in the Access Database and need to be able to press a button on the Form so it will Run the Report and Save it into a file using its own individual reference. The Form that already does this has a Drop Down list and a button next to it (the properties of which are an Event Procedure which is written in Visual Basic and I cannot fathom it) Is there any way of doing this again? But possibly in a simpler way! Thanks Nikki On Nov 15, 1:58 a...

Report Crystal Report on CRM 1.2 Problem
Hi, I create a Crystal report. in this reports, i use "field of cumulated total" Sorry, i am french and in french it's "Champs de total cumul�" I use result of this field to do statistic. the problem, When the fields is null, result of my stat are null too. Can you help me. thanks depending on the source of your data, you can use the ISNULL(fieldname,0,fieldname) T-SQL function to replace null values with zero values instead. This will allow your statistics to compute properly. Dave "Chdup" <chdup@monmail.com> wrote in message news:43df...

Linq, aggregate Sum problem
Hi, I figured out that I am unable to query for an aggregate function (Sum) over a column I have properly filled. The following NUnit test method will fail due to a NULL value even i think this should not be true: Provisionsabrechnung.UnitTests.Provisionsrechner.Test_Aggregate_Sum_with_Null: System.InvalidOperationException : Das Objekt mit Nullwert muss einen Wert haben. public void Test_Aggregate_Sum_with_Null() { ProvisionsabrechnungDataContext dataContext = new ProvisionsabrechnungDataContext(); Objektverkauf o1 = new Objektverk...

CRM 3.0 allow custom reports?
hello, my question is... if CRM 3.0 allow create new reports, or just works with the default system. where i go to do this? CRM 3.0 uses SQL Reporting Services to provide reports to the application. If you are interested in writing custom reports I suggest you consult the CRM 3.0 SDK for instructions on how to do so. Also consult Microsoft for instructions on how to develop reports for Reporting Services. Derek "Miguel" <Miguel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:17EBD48B-F102-436C-ACF0-91291E2B03E1@microsoft.com... > hello, my question is... > &g...

Exchange 2003 Reporting #2
Hi. Does anyone know if it's possible to pull / run some sort of report in Exchange 2003 that can tell me if someone is a delegate of someone else's inbox, etc? I really need to clean this up. Thank You. Any help is greatly appreciated! http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2004/09/listing_which_e.html Right there should be what you are looking for. "CraigR" wrote: > Hi. Does anyone know if it's possible to pull / run some sort of report in > Exchange 2003 that can tell me if someone is a delegate of someone else's > inbox, etc? > > I reall...

summing cells of Time
I got an answere to my other message but the trouble is it did not work -- --when summing a group of cells that have time in then the help says use this formula =Sum (cell:cell) if it is to be more than 24 hours the formula is =sum(cell:cell)*24 the trouble is nomater how I format the cells it still comes up either 0 or 0:00 Hi format your target cell with the custom format [hh]:mm to prevent the rollover after 24 hours -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Don Scarbrough wrote: > I got an answere to my other message but the trouble is it > did not work -- --when summing a ...

Access 2007: How to run reports from forms???
Greetings, I designed a form and ran the macro button wizard to create a button (with macro) to run my report. This worked fine, with my report output also containing buttons to exit and print the report. I later wanted to add validation to check if the report was empty, so I removed the button created by the wizzard and created my own, adding my own vba code. The problem lies I can only run the report using 'DoCmd.OpenReport "rptStudentClassification", acViewPreview' but this is a preview mode only and therefore cannot use buttons present on the report. How do i ru...

Sum If
I want to sum a # field if the 2 conditions are met. 1 - the month = February and 2, the $'s are sales Data is like this D F G Month Measure(Sales) Data I want to add penguin77 wrote: > I want to sum a # field if the 2 conditions are met. 1 - the month = > February and 2, the $'s are sales > > > Data is like this > > D F G > Month Measure(Sales) Data I want to add > http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions01.html#SumProduct In ...

Multiple page HTML reports issue
After generating a 15 page report in FRXReport Designer I am able to view the entire report in IE. After the report has been published to Business Portal on the page tabs show at the bottom and the report gives the error: The page cannot be found The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please try the following: Make sure that the Web site address displayed in the address bar of your browser is spelled and formatted correctly. If you reached thi...

Report Writer not showing all linking tables
I am modifying the Historical Stock Status Summary by Account Report and am trying to create a relationship between IV00101 (IV_ITEM_MSTR) and IV40700 (IV_Location_SETP). The join would be on LOCNCODE. When I try to create the relationship, IV40700 (IV_Location_SETP) does not show up as a relationship to the IV00101 (IV_ITEM_MSTR). How can I get this table to show up as a related table? The locncode in IV00101 is not what you want to use. You want to join IV00102 (Item Quantity Site Master) to the IV40700. Do you have data in the IV00101.LOCNCODE f...

Most transactions Missing in Reports
I have Money 2007 =running on a windows media center machine. Whenever I try to report transactions by category, transactions by payee or account, the overwhelming bulk of the transactions are omitted. Investment income seems to be one of the hardest hit areas in the preceding reports - but they show up when I turn the investments transaction reports. Summary reports at least appear to be reasonable. Yes, i have repeatedly checked the date settings, the categories, accounts, payees and amount settings to make sure that nothing is being filtered out - even going so far as to select...

summing mulitple lookup values, catchy
I have a table looking like thi Fruit No. Tota apple 1 (? apple apple banana 1 (? banana I then want to use a function to add up all the apples, in this case 4, and stick the number 4 in the total column (see (?)), the same with bananas and so on. any ideas? It sound like this is a perfect use for SUMIF. -- Greetings from the Gulf Coast! "Nathan D" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B4FC20E8-4BBF-4708-B849-C6AD8CAC8FEC@microsoft.com... > I have a table looking like this > F...

Can't see any Reports in CRM 3.0 Small Business Server Installatio
Okay, I am at my wits end on this one. We have installed CRM 3.0 in an SBS installation. Everything seems to work correctly with the exception of the reports. When you go to the reports in the CRM web interface, there are no reports listed at all. When you check the SRS website, the reports are all listed under "Company_name_MSCRM" (Substitute our company name for "Company_name"). I have set all of the permissions as per the various articles I have found in here, but yet, no luck whatsoever! The reports all seem to run correctly from within the SRS site. I n...

Crystal Report Viewer Error
Hi, I will appreciate if someone can give me a hint, why sudenly I can not see any of the reports. I get the error: Information is needed before this report can be processed. Thank you. Cheers! ...

crystal report never ends
Hello there! Have you any idea why a report never ends and how to fix it? Thank you, Elena Hi Elena - Have you modified (added fields) to any of the objects this report queries? i.e. Added a custom field to accounts - and the accounts report doesn't finish or times out? If so --- try opening up the report in CR - and verifying the database... it was say "The database is now up to date." and then click save. There are some documents out there in the MBS website if you need help with the reports - but this may solve your issue. Kristina "SiEBEN Innovative Solu...

Vlookup and sum without repeating
Dear all, I have a list of data name Days Car John 5 Red Paul 4 Blue Paul 2 Red Mike 2 Green I want to write a formula which would add up all days for a person without overlapping i.e. Paul in row 3 would come out at 6 and zero in row 4. I could put filters on, sort the data etc but was wondering if a formula exists? Thanks Eoghan EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Fun With OPML in ASP.NET http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/c8a91ecd-2d44-4576-aef0-bf3db36b3ee5/fun-with-opml-in-aspnet.aspx With the data in columns A:B, I could use ...

Transfering data from datasheet to report.
When I try to print a report some of my data is not shoeing up. The field is there but the numbers are not. The data is in my table. Are you viewing the Print Preview? Is the control wide enough to display the data? Are records missing or just fields/controls? -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "kristie C" wrote: > When I try to print a report some of my data is not shoeing up. The field is > there but the numbers are not. The data is in my table. On Tue, 16 Mar 2010 09:02:01 -0700, kristie C <kristieC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Wh...

Pass lead information to crystal reports
My Goal: I would like to create a link on the leads page that links to a custom crystal report and only displays information about that particular lead. Right now. I have created a report that displays the lead information by lead, but it displays it for ALL leads. Then I have to filter the report for the particular lead. Can I create an isv link on the leads page and use it to pass crystal reports the GUID of the lead? Any ideas or code would be appreciated…. eric You will need to add a parameter to your report in Crystal, then add a button to the lead form using the isv.conf...

Report Error
When I run any report I get this error Error: Subreport could not be shown. In the event log I get: Web service request SetParameters to Report Server https://server/reportserver failed with SoapException. Error: The path of the item '/mycompany_MSCRM/4.0/' is not valid. The full path must be less than 260 characters long; other restrictions apply. If the report server is in native mode, the path must start with slash. (rsInvalidItemPath) --------------- Reports were working fine - the paths haven't changed so the above error is most likely not the real problem Thanks i...

Canadian Payroll report
After the July 2010 update we have 1 report that wont run. "Report dictionary not loaded" I renamed recreated...and import all modified reports.... all reports run except one "Current WBC" modified or not??? Anyone else experience this?? Tami ...

CBM ERM Import should provide 1 error report which lists all erro.
Currently, if the import file has errors, the import function will error out on the first instance of an error and reject all lines. Then, if that first error was corrected and the import tried again, the next error would show up. Therefore, if a user had 100 errors, they would not know this initially and would need to attempt the import 100 times before successfull import. Maybe we should change the functionality to produce an error journal which lists all lines that have an issue. This way after 1 import attempt, the user can set about correcting the whole file. omc, mbs ...

Trouble Sending Attachments
Help would be great! Weekly I am sending my newsletter as a .pdf attachment averaging about 125KB in size with considerable difficulty. I have reviewed my setting with my ISP and they are indicating that the erros are not on thier end. My time out is set to the full five minutes and that is still not enough. I have reduced the number of addresses to batches of 160 with limited success. One batch of 35 worked tonight after several attempts. Is there a setting that I am missing? Open to suggestions!!! "Al" <alias@ns.sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:06b101c35257...

Pivot Table Sum Columns and Rows
I am doing a Pivot Table importing data from Access and am trying to get sums for both columns and rows. I can get one or the other but not both. I tried adding a calculated field and calculated item and they do not show up, even though I have entered a formula. If I delete the total columns and rows, then it lets me add a calculated field or item. Any ideas? You do not mention if you checked up under pivot table Options Grand Totals for Columns Grand Totals for Row -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Form that collects report parameters
Can someone please direct me to a sample of an Access db using a form that collects report parameters? This would be extremely helpful as I am experiencing Brain Freeze after the holidays. Thank you in advance. Hi, try Rogers Access Library http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/TableOfContents3.asp#R Look for Choose Report from List - there are 4 sample db's that run reports from user selections on a form. Jeanette Cunningham "TotallyConfused" <TotallyConfused@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A8F1C70F-25B5-4256-B92C-82FFFBBC9203@microsoft.com... &g...

HELP! "underlying connection was closed" reports after isa install
SBS 2003 SQL 2000 ISA 2004 All Latest security updates and patches installed. (including .net 2) Had trouble installing CRM initially and the only way to resolve was to reinstall sbs cleanly and install without ISA 2004, and setting the web certificate to our internal ip address. Everything worked perfectly, including access to reports within CRM. However I need ISA 2004 installed, and after installing this to the machine the reports no longer work (although I have access to the rest of crm). What did the ISA 2004 break and how do I fix it ??? Thank you for you help (This package...