Microsoft Access MVP

"EllenM" wrote:

> Hello,
> How do you sum unchecked check boxes?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Ellen
Thanks Duane!

Linking drop down boxes #2
Gord Dibben and Dave Peterson Many thanks for the sound advice to visit Debra Dalgleish's site whic has proved most helpful. best wishes to you both Zaika : -- zaik ----------------------------------------------------------------------- zaika's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1590 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27384 Zaika Thanks for the thanks. Gord....and for Dave also. On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 17:27:57 -0600, zaika <zaika.1f0kzz@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote: > >Gord Dibben and Dave Peterson &...

Edit Box carriage return
How do I add a carriage return and have it show up correctly in an mfc textbox? I need to edit the CString variable then updatedata and have it show multiple lines. The multiline option is selected. Use \r\n. "CodeTyro" <CodeTyro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:819EB280-849A-4672-81C6-12DB72952B9B@microsoft.com... > How do I add a carriage return and have it show up correctly in an mfc textbox? I need to edit the CString variable then updatedata and have it show multiple lines. The multiline option is selected. ...

Text box
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I am trying to print text that is in a text box but only the boarder of the box prints out. The text is visible in the normal view and in the print preview. First confirm that both Office & OS X are fully updated. Then check in Word> Preferences> Print to make sure that the boxes are checked for both "Drawing objects" & "Print background colors & images". Equally important: You should also have a look at the printer mfr's web site to see if you have the most current driver for you...

Publisher should have customizable text box shapes.
---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=4e3276f3-4c7c-48e6-9580-3492276008c2&dg=microsoft.public.publisher You can insert text into autoshapes. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsof...

Forms Check Box cell link
Excel 2003 I am using a check box created with the Forms menu. I created a box over cell D4. Using the Format Control box, I linked the check box to cell D4. I want to copy the check box in cell D5, D6, D7,.... and I want the cell link to integrate in the same mannor; check box in cell D5 should link to cell D5, and so on. Is there a way to accomplish this short of going into the format control box and manually editing each cell link after I have copy and pasted several check boxes? I have NOT entered the link using an absolute cell referense. I got the idea for this from Dav...

Form Menu : Check Box
I am trying to enter 300 or so check boxes onto and Excel spreadsheet. I find that I can link the 'return' cell using the right click / Forma Control / Control tab / Cell Link option but I need to do this for eac box ! Is there a way around this ? Whereby I can create one Check Box an then drag or copy it down -- jagstirlin ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jagstirling's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=110 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=50634 Maybe you could jus...

disabling the Files type combo box
Hi All, My Visual Basic application is using Excel for reporting. I need to restrict the users of my application to open only excel files from the File->Open dialogue box. Or Is there any way to make default �Excel files (*.xls)� in the Files type combo box in the Open dialog box and disabling the Files type combo box, so that the users can only select excel files when they click File->Open. Please help me in this regard -- areddy ------------------------------------------------------------------------ areddy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=ge...

totals do not display unless user clicks on text box
I am relatively new to access. I am using access 2007 to create a report that contains subtotals. When the report is displayed on the screen the subtotals are blank. When the user clicks on the subtotal text box then the value appears. The user has to click on each subtotal in order to make the value appear. Has anyone experience this problem? Is there a workaround or solution? Thanks Normally a sub-total in a report is achieved by means of an unbound text box in a group footer with a ControlSource property which is an expression summing a set of values from the detail sect...

Font in Check Box
Is it possible to change the Font in a check box? If it's a checkbox from the control toolbox toolbar, you can go into design mode show the checkbox's properties double click on Font and change it. If the checkbox is on a userform (inside the VBE), you can show its properties and do the same thing. You also have another reply at your original post. Mon wrote: > > Is it possible to change the Font in a check box? -- Dave Peterson ...

Combo box returning wrong value
I am having trouble with a combo box, which is filled by a query to that displays two fields (Fund # and Fund description). The fields are unbound and I am using VBA to store the unbound fields in a table. I am using an option box to determine which sequence to use to present the data (I use two different queries and store one of them in the row source of the combo box, depending on the option box value). This all works fine. The problem comes when an item is selected. I would like to store the values both the Fund # and the Fund value in my table with VBA. My VBA code in the co...

Mail Box Size
Exchange 2000 SP3 + rollup. Is there a limit to the size any one user's mailbox?. I have a client with one user having a 6 Gig mail box. Yes, that is correct 6 GIG for one user. Thanks B the only limit is the limit of your store, ie if standard then 16GB(if hes the only user) enterprise = as much disk space as you have Bob wrote: > Exchange 2000 SP3 + rollup. Is there a limit to the size any one user's > mailbox?. I have a client with one user having a 6 Gig mail box. Yes, that > is correct 6 GIG for one user. > > Thanks B > > On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 ...

Help please using a combo box with a query instead of the usual wildcards etc.....
Hi, I have nearly finished my database and I would like to add a query that uses a combo box to get the results, not the usual paramater style input. I suppose it would need a form and a query and a combo box, but where to start !!!!!!!! Any kind soul out there that can give me an example of where to start..........? Many Thanks Joe Joe The generic approach you'd use is: * create a new form, add a combo box that is set to return the value your query would need * create your query ... in the criterion "cell", put a reference to the form's combo box's value: ...

Combo Box 12-26-07
Is there a way to have more than one bound column in a combo box? No. What is it you are trying to do? Perhaps we can offer a suggestion. -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Sharon" wrote: > Is there a way to have more than one bound column in a combo box? On Wed, 26 Dec 2007 07:02:00 -0800, Sharon wrote: > Is there a way to have more than one bound column in a combo box? No. Now if you tell us why you think you need more than one bound column, perhaps some one can help with an alternative solution. -- Fred Please respond only to this newsgroup. I do not reply to pe...

PPT Language Check
Hello, I would like to know how I can set the whole document and all its circles with text and smart shapre hierachies to ENGLISH. So far I have to mark each text item individually and clicking on Toolbar - Review - Language - ENGLISH - [Default] did not help either. I am using PPT 2007. When you create a presentation, PPT picks up its language settings from your keyboard. There's no way to just tell PPT to make all text <whatever language> after it's created. You'd have to use code. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/245468 (I don't know if this will work f...

Spell check. #2
I am using MS XP with office 97, i am unable to use spell check with outlook express. Why? Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find some good Outlook Express information here: http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account wi...

How can I embed a font in an Excel text box?

Formula Check... Please
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C61A25.29EC1E10 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I didn't receive a response on my last post so I worked on my problem = some and came up with some results. Could someone look over my formulas = and tell me if I can achieve this same result any easier? Here is a sample of the worksheet: D E F G H I J K L M N O=20 22 Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Reg OT x1.5 OTx 2 Rate Total=20 23 off 12 11 11 11 11 off 40 15 1 10.00 $645.00=20 ...

Delete an unused check number
Is there a way to delete an unused check number not entered into the system? We used a check for a manual payment, but ended up voiding the check as it was not needed. Since the check was never printed, this check number does not appear in the system so I can't void it. But the physical check itself is obviously not usable now. Thanks for any help. Melissa, The only thing I can think of is entering a manual payment for $0 to use up this check number. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions, Inc. "melissa" <melissa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

RSG and a NAS box
Hi all I am running exchange 2003 sp1, what i want to know is if i have to restore a mailbox uisng the RSG, can i point or mount the RSG databse to a NAS box or another server other than exchange? What i am concerned about is if i have to restore a database from backup to the RSG, I might not have enough room on the server to hold the prodcution DB and the restored DB to the RSG. Also if i can mount the DB to a different box, then can i run exmerge on it and get the mail? Thanks a ton! On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 10:53:06 -0800, "Skipster" <Skipster@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Spell Check option for crm 4.0
Hi Could you guys share your thoughts on what are the different options available for spell checking in CRM 4.0 Thank You Kind Regards Get a spellchecker for your browser. http://www.ie7pro.com/ includes spell checking amongst lots of other great features. Other addins for IE exist for this too, most produce red-squiggle underlining similar to MS Word. Make sure they have dictionaries to support your language and region (eg UK vs US English) Adam On 02/06/2010 15:16, ~Jij wrote: > Hi > Could you guys share your thoughts on what are the different options > available for spell ...

Changing e-check sender's address
elthough Mr. Robert Patterson asked the same question on 6/26, and Dick Watson replied,I am afraid I must ask again: I need to change my address on my e-checks. My account is through Wells Fargo, but I it's not their software I use, it's Money. Who is my E-pay service in this case? -- PlsHelpMScan't ...

Smarlist Totals
GP V. 10 - when in a smarlist that has columns with numbers I used to have a section on the bottom of the GoTo window called Smarlist Totals - it would open a seperate window that showed totals for any column with a number in it. All of a sudden it is no longer there and I am not sure how to get it back. I am logged in as a Poweruser. -- Thanks Knavas I don't recall this ever being a functionality available in SmartList or SmartList Builder, but hey, I may be wrong. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximu...

Help with cell totals
Hi all, My problem is that I have two rows, one contains the manufacturers name, and the other the amount that manufacturer supplies. What I need to do is get the sum of the amount supplies for each manufacturer. Example: Company 1 8 Company 2 5 Company 2 7 Company 1 2 Totals: Company 1 10 Company 2 12 -- blackie ------------------------------------------------------------------------ blackie's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15223 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?thre...

Setting text color to black in inactive combo boxes
Hi, I have a dialog with several edits & combo boxes (and labels too). The data is shown for view only and i need it to be shown in black color (text). For the edits i use the read-only property and it's doing the job. With the combo's i have a problem, The text is displayed in gray no matter what... anyone? Thanks. yuval.gatenio@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, > > I have a dialog with several edits & combo boxes (and labels too). > > The data is shown for view only and i need it to be shown in black > color (text). > > For the edits i use the read-only...

Input box replace text in textbox
How can I modify the macro below with input box code to replace "2008" by "2009" using an input box - so that i can replace "2008" by "2010" more easily if required - thxs Sub masschange() Dim ws As Worksheet Dim longstr As String Dim i As Long For Each ws In ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets For Each shp In ws.Shapes 'shp.Select If shp.Type = msoOLEControlObject Then If TypeOf shp.OLEFormat.Object.Object Is MSForms.TextBox Then If shp.Type = msoOLEControlObject Then If TypeOf shp.OLEFormat.Obje...