Text box set to memo vs. Lines Coded on a report

I have a report which looks like a legal pad with lines.  24 actual spaces.
The number of lines can not change.  I have duplicated a form from Excel to
eliminate using it altogether.  So it looks just like the Excel Report.  I
coded the lines into the report.  I am using a text box with data type set to
memo.  I have several issues.

1.  If the data entered into the textbox from my form fits in to the text box
on one line, then there is no problem.  I can just move the page footer to
more or less the right position to allow it to fit inside the coded lines.
(It is not exact, but close)
2.  If the data entered into the textbox from my form is longer than my text
box in the report, I need it to wrap (the textbox property is set to can grow)
, but I need it to stay inside the coded lines to be evenly distributed.
3.  If the data entered into the textbox from my form takes up an entire page,
I need it to be able to fit into all the lines so it is evenly distributed
and dump the data onto the second page if necessary.
4.  Then if I have a combination of 1, 2, or 3 above it creates more issues.
Basically, I can't seem to distribute the text evenly within the lines for
all the given situations.

My report has a subreport which is where I have the textbox/memo field.  I
also have an electronic signature pad which is tied to a control.  I need the
actual control to be concatenated with the textbox so it appears at the end
of the text if it fits in the textbox or if it doesn't fit, to be placed on
the very next line with it set to the right even with the textbox.

I've tried the textbox font underline property, but I don't think it's a good
idea here, because I have other text boxes.  I've also tried the line spacing
property, but can't seem to get an exact number to satisfy all the situations.
Is there a way to code my textbox along with my lines so they are tied
together and are distributed evenly or am I just way off?

LilC

Text Box #6
I have a userform which I have linked to a spreadsheet. I need to know how to get the userform to clear textbox.1 once I hit the enter key I have it working but it clear this textbox. Also how do I get the userform to automatically refresh to show the updated titles in the other textboxes on this form. Thanks in advance Greg The customary behavior for a UserForm is that hitting the Enter key is equivalent to clicking the OK button, which usually closes the UserForm. What exactly are you trying to accomplish? A little more detail would be helpful. -- Vasant "Greg B..." &l...

Add-In? Tracking Customer Zip Codes
I have a customer who wants to track his customer's home zip codes to determine the demographics of his customer basee. Many large chains do this, i.e., Home Depot, Best Buy. It would need to be an enforced entry for the cashier so they would not forget to ask. We would set up a dummy zip code for any customer who does not want to give zip code. Obviously we would need reporting capability. Is there an add-in for this or does anyone have a "work-around" to capture and report on this data? Thanks for your time and knowledge. Hi Jeff, I'm trying to do somethin...

filtering check boxes
I know how to filter a field that is not a check box, I use the simple code below Private Sub Label41_Click() Me.Filter = "[Month] Like 'Jun'" Me.FilterOn = True End Sub However how can I use this code to filter a check box. Check box is either "Yes" or "No" I tried using Yes, and True but that does not filter. Any succestion? Sandrao Try using -1 instead of True -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "sandrao" wrote: > I know how to filter a field that is not a check box, I use the simple code > below > Private Sub Label41_Clic...

Tailspin Toys Loyalty Program source code?
Is the full source code available for the "Loyalty Program For Tailspin Toys" mentioned in the RMS Customization guide? Where can I get it? thanks, randy This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00AA_01C82535.EA7A09E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Randy, It didn't work and they pulled it. --=20 Jeff=20 Check Point Software =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3...

Text Boxes #4
I have a number of text boxes within charts that highlight some of the information. I change the data that produces the charts and would like to automatically change the text in the text box by linking the text box to cells within a worksheet. Is this possible to do? Thanks Graham Hi Graham you can link a text box to a cell, 1) click on the text box 2) click in the formula bar 3) type =A1 (or whatever cell) 4) press enter Cheers JulieD "Graham Parkinson" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:219f01c4d884$799b2570$a501280a@phx.gbl... >I have a...

Field (Account Rating code) not showing up in Advanced Find
We use the Account Rating code or ABC code to define our customers. This field does not show up in the Advanced Find feature in CRM 3.0. All the others seem to be there. Can anyone tell me how to get this to show up? thanks for the help. Angela Hi, Go at the attributes of account ( in customization ) . select the attribute and click on edit . set the searchable = Yes . regards Aami Hi Aami, I appreciate the follow up but I don't see the option to select searchable = to yes I only see Display Name, Schema Name, Requirement Level, Description and then the picklist selection. ...

No "line-in" option in sounds & audio devices
Hi, I am trying to use Windows Movie Maker to convert analog cassettes to .mp3 format. I have WindowsXP, and I need to have the "line in" option enabled in "Sounds & Audio Devices", under the audio tab. The only option I have is my default sound card...a SoundMax Digital Audio. Can you please tell me how to enable the "line in" option? Thanks in advance. sheana wrote: > I am trying to use Windows Movie Maker to convert analog cassettes > to .mp3 format. I have WindowsXP, and I need to have the "line in" > option enabled in...

duplex printing question, change record order to line up with other side?
i have a report that i need to make the opposite side match up with the correct record. it is setup to print 4 records, 2 across then 2 below. like 4 post cards on a landscape page. records for each customer need to match up with the mailing address on the reverse side. so the records are switched if i were to make the report right now. basicly records start 1 and 2 on the top of the landscaped page then 3 and 4 under. so on the reverse side records need to be 2 and 1 then 4 and 3 under. i havent made the opposite side for mailing address yet. i need some info on how i need to do this....

VBA code in PPT2007
Can anyone help with the following: I want a vba code which will take me to the second previously viewed slide minus 1. Example: Slide #3 is viewed. An action button then takes the viewer to slide#7. Another action button takes the viewer to slide #10. On slide #10 I would like there to be an action button connected to a macro that will take the viewer directly to slide #2. (To the previous slide viewed (#7), then the next previous slide viewed (#3), then to the slide positioned just before slide #3 (#2). Can this be done? Thanks. RJ On 5/5/10 1:55 PM, RJ wrote: &g...

Combo Box changes after Microsoft Upgrade.
I have WindowsXP and Access2003. I have a Combo Box on a form used for finding a particular record. After downloading and installing the Office2003 upgrade (Office 2003 Service Pack 3 (SP3)), one of the columns (a text) Combo Box is blank. This remains blank even if I create a new Combo Box. Also, going back to a application backup I made in January2007, this column has become blank too. The Office 2003 Service Pack 3 (SP3) is the only event which has occurred. Please help, Frank And, you've hit the nail on the head. It is SP3 which is causing this issue. From what I u...

Change date format on report
My date displays as mddyy in the table but on the report I'd like it to display as mm/dd/yyyy, how would I code that to have that field always display in mm/dd/yyyy format. I'm thinking this is very simple but I just can't get it to work for me. Thank so much for your help. On May 2, 1:50 pm, SITCFanTN <SITCFa...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > My date displays as mddyy in the table but on the report I'd like it to > display as mm/dd/yyyy, how would I code that to have that field always > display in mm/dd/yyyy format. I'm thinking this is very simple...

SQL Reporting Services and Multiple Databases
Creating a report to work against a single database is pretty easy. Does anybody have a good method for making the same report work for any company database? I'm not talking about consolidating them but being able to have the report set up once and make it dynamically use the company I specify. -- Charles Allen, MVP Charles, I saw a technique like this one http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Development/2945/ at SQL Saturday in Orlando so I know it can be done. Essentially you're passing a parameter to the connection string similar to using a parameter in a report. Mark ...

SMTP & POP3 Setting
Does anyone know the smtp and pop3 settings for MSN or Hotmail through OL? MSN no longer supports pop3/smtp with their accounts. All accounts and hotmail are http accounts Cheers "DJM911" <david.malandra@siemens.com> wrote in message news:9a5401c4974e$6d0146e0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know the smtp and pop3 settings for MSN or > Hotmail through OL? ...

Set a PowerPoint Presentation so it Can't be edited?
Hi Folks, I am using PowerPoint 2007 on my Windows 7 machine and PPT 2008 on my Mac. How can I set a presentation so it can't be edited and that it can't be saves as a different name and then edited? Is this even possible? Justin In article <justin-04C5C2.22524718042010@news.eternal-september.org>, Justin wrote: > Hi Folks, I am using PowerPoint 2007 on my Windows 7 machine and PPT > 2008 on my Mac. > How can I set a presentation so it can't be edited and that it can't be > saves as a different name and then edited? > Is this even possib...

how do I set up the fax in word 2007
can anyone tell me how to set up the fax facility There is no fax facility in Word. If you have a fax modem installed and fax software, you should also have a fax 'printer' driver. Print to that. http://www.gmayor.com/fax_from_word.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><&...

Combo Box on Forms
Hi, I am using a combo box on a form that has several items w/ one being Other. If the user selects other I want them to be able to input what they want so that it will go into the table instead of just the "Other". I just am not really sure on how to do that. Can you help? Thanks, Jaime In design view click on VIEW - Properties and the the combo. Then change Limit To List to No. -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "jseger22@yahoo.com" wrote: > Hi, > > I am using a combo box on a form that has several items w/ one being > Other. If the use...

Using the Text Formula
I have a range of cells that I want to apply the =LOWER function to but each time that I go to make the text lowercase the text disappears from the cell. I was wondering if someone could tell me what I was possibly doing wrong? capnhud, with the text you want to change in column A, in B1 put =LOWER(A1) and copy down -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "capnhud" <capnhud@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote i...

Encrypt Text in Excel
I want to encrypt text in Excel. I want the character spacing to be accurate, I just want the actual text to be encrypted to a user. Anyone know any tricks, shortcuts, add-ins to do this? Thank you! Marc One more note. It is the text in a given range of cells that I want to encrypt. I've tried looking at different fonts and then locking the cells (protecting worksheet) but none of the built-in Wingding fonts keep the character spacing intact. I thought that maybe there was a way to do a custom number or text format but wasn't able to get that to work. "Marc" wrote: ...

speed of formulas vs functions
Hi everybody, I'm just wondering if a function like =sum(a5:a15) is evaluated at the same speed as a formula like =a5+a6+a7+a8+a9+a10+a11+a12+a13+a14+a15 I understand that if there is a performance difference it will not be noticed with only one function or formula, but what happens when in a workbook you have thousands of formulas or functions? Any help is greatly appreciated. greets, Sybolt (at the office) HI Sybolt, It is not difficult to test your example. I did 4,193,408 calculations of both formulas and manually clocked them (of course I could have done that programmaticall...

How do I set accounts in Outlook 2007 to receive hotmail accounts.
I have been receiving my MSN email on Outlook using Verizon DSL and a verizon/MSN program. Last week, verizon dropped the MSN service (I still have an MSN hotmail account), and I can no longer receive my MSN email on Outlook. E-mail is still there on Windows Live, but I hate Windows Live. When I called Verizon, they told me that Microsoft had blocked all hotmail accounts on Verizon. This seems too incredible to be true. Has anyone else had a similar problem? Is Microsoft really blocking hotmail accounts on Outlook? The easiest way to download emails from Hotmail is to us...

Hyperlinks show code when Composing
Something changed in my settings and now when I'm composing my e-mails, the destination address shows up in my text body instead of the hyper link that I created. How can I change it back? Example: I get {HYPERLINK "http://www.microsoft.com"} instead of my Hyperlink phrase being highlighted in blue & underlined: Click here to go to the Micorsoft website While composing go to the Tools menu > Options > View tab > Uncheck Field Codes. "Scott" <Scott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B3810D6A-C8AB-4184-9BFF-DFBEC41D6326@micros...

How to access a category name and code from vbscript
I am modifying the lineitem.html for the status bar in Store operation. I want to ask how can i access the category name and code for each item, i only can find a categoryid function, which is in the TransactionEntry.Item.CategoryID, but can not access the name and code for the category Raemond, You will need to retrieve the name and code via SQL using the ID: resultSet=QSRules.OpenRecordset("SELECT Name, Code FROM Category WHERE ID=" & TransactionEntry.Item.CategoryID, true) - Evan Culver New West Technologies Raemond wrote: > I am modifying the lineitem.html for t...

Can this VBA for work on text files be modified for a different job ?
I have been using the code below (which, from memory, came from the M-Soft site before I hashed it about) successfully to open 2 text files, appending the whole of one file to the end of the other, then deleting the source file. Now a new task is to; - update all text files in a specified folder by appending a new record. This is to be a daily routine, and there should end up being about 800 to 1000 text files to be updated. - The information for the record that is appended to each file comes from a single text file each day (source file). - The first column of this 'source file' ho...

Displaying values vs formulas
I'm having another brain-dead moment and I hope someone can resuscitate! I'm putting formulas in various cells on a worksheet and some of them are displaying the results and some are just showing in the cell as the formula. How can I get them all to display results. I swear that all the cells are formatted the same but the displays are different. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for any help. Gary Vocks The cells displaying the formula itself and not the results are probably formatted as Text. A quick way to find out if this is so, is to select a cell that displays the formula, the...

Incomplete NDR report
Hi All, I have completed upgrading to Exchange 2003 Enterprise from Exchange 2000 Standard for about 2 months now. Everything is woking fine. The server is still running WIN2K. I have just noticed all NON-DELIVERY reports are the same in format. If an e-mail account does not exist in active directory the returned e-mail is the same basic e-mail as if an inbound e-mail that is over sized. See below. The server code part is correct (5.1.1 or 5.1.2) This only happens if a Non-Delivery report is delivered to the Internet. A non-delivery report internally gives the full description why the ...