Text Box Can Grow Property

I set my text box Can Grow property to Yes and the Can Shrink to Yes.
However, I only get about 5 lines maximum and the text in the field record is
cut short.  How can I get the text box on report to grow (vertically) to
include all text that is stored in this field for each record?   What am I
doing wrong?  Any idea?  The width is about 3.5" but this should not affect
the Can Grow feature.   I checked the text in the form and it's all there.
This tells me that the field size is ok and not exceeded.
--
FL

Do you by chance have it confined with othe objects?
--
KARL DEWEY
Build a little - Test a little

"FL" wrote:

> I set my text box Can Grow property to Yes and the Can Shrink to Yes.
> However, I only get about 5 lines maximum and the text in the field record is
> cut short.  How can I get the text box on report to grow (vertically) to
> include all text that is stored in this field for each record?   What am I
> doing wrong?  Any idea?  The width is about 3.5" but this should not affect
> the Can Grow feature.   I checked the text in the form and it's all there.
> This tells me that the field size is ok and not exceeded.
> --
> FL
Hi Karl,

What do you mean by "confined with other objects"?  There are other text
boxes in the report.
--
FL

"KARL DEWEY" wrote:

> Do you by chance have it confined with othe objects?
> --
> KARL DEWEY
> Build a little - Test a little
>

> "FL" wrote:
>
> > I set my text box Can Grow property to Yes and the Can Shrink to Yes.
> > However, I only get about 5 lines maximum and the text in the field record is
> > cut short.  How can I get the text box on report to grow (vertically) to
> > include all text that is stored in this field for each record?   What am I
> > doing wrong?  Any idea?  The width is about 3.5" but this should not affect
> > the Can Grow feature.   I checked the text in the form and it's all there.
> > This tells me that the field size is ok and not exceeded.
> > --
> > FL
Which section is the textbox in?

Does the section have a can grow property and if so is the section's
property set to true (yes)?

Page header and page footer cannot grow - If I recall correctly all
other sections can.

'====================================================
  John Spencer
  Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007
  University of Maryland Baltimore County
'====================================================

FL wrote:
> Hi Karl,
>
> What do you mean by "confined with other objects"?  There are other text
> boxes in the report.
0
John
11/8/2007 12:19:39 AM
On Wed, 7 Nov 2007 15:21:01 -0800, FL wrote:

> I set my text box Can Grow property to Yes and the Can Shrink to Yes.
> However, I only get about 5 lines maximum and the text in the field record is
> cut short.  How can I get the text box on report to grow (vertically) to
> include all text that is stored in this field for each record?   What am I
> doing wrong?  Any idea?  The width is about 3.5" but this should not affect
> the Can Grow feature.   I checked the text in the form and it's all there.
> This tells me that the field size is ok and not exceeded.

Did you also set the detail section CanGrow property to yes, assuming
your control is in the detail section.
--
Fred
Please respond only to this newsgroup.

Object dosent support this property or method
This code behind a command button should check to see if a record exists and open a form with that data if it does. If record does not exist it will open the form in data entry mode. I don't understand this error??? Private Sub cmdMember_Click() On Error GoTo Err_cmdMember_Click Dim stDocName As String Dim stLinkCriteria As String Dim dbcurrent As DAO.Database Dim rstemp As DAO.Recordset If IsNull([cmdMember]) Then MsgBox "Please enter a Member # before proceeding." Exit Sub Else 'Check to see if a record already exis...

Comment Boxes #5
My comment boxes experience the following conditions: 1. they collapse and can't be read unless I re-size the box 2. they grow into much bigger than necesary for the text they contain 3. they appear many rows away from the cell with the red comment indicator When I edit a comment one or more of the above conditons apply. I make the necessary changes, but they don't stay. When I re-open the file, the above conditions are back. Maybe you could use some code from Debra Dalgleish to reset the comments. http://contextures.com/xlcomments03.html#Reset and http://contextures.com/xlcomment...

How to select text, e.g. simulate the text copied with ctrl-a on a webbrowser control in C#? I tried this and it always returns null for range.Text private void Form1_Load(object sende
How to select text, e.g. simulate the text copied with ctrl-a on a webbrowser control in C#? I tried this and it always returns null for range.Text private void Form1_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) { webBrowser1.Navigate("http://www.google.com/"); } private void button1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e) { IHTMLDocument2 htmlDocument = webBrowser1.Document.DomDocument as IHTMLDocument2; IHTMLSelectionObject currentSelection = htmlDocument.selection; if (currentSelection != nul...

I get the white box when inserting pictures in publisher xp?
Hi I work at a school and we are having problems with the MS publisher not showing pictures when we insert them. We have windows xp Pro installed with Service pack 2. We would insert the picture on a blank document and then a white box comes up, but no picture. What is the solution to this? On our older machines it works OK with service pack 2. View, pictures, detailed display... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "donduck74" <donduck74@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F4234C22-F0A4-4...

Can't open outlook...
Hi, I have a problem with outlook, i can't open it, program keeps "not responding", is it possible this is because there is too much mail inside? Can I delete mails without opening outlook? What can be the problem otherwise? And what's the solution? Hi Tom, Try creating a new outlook profile. How this is done depends on the version of Outlook you are running. Search for "new outlook profile" at http://support.microsoft.com and find the article for your version of outlook. (2002/XP is the same for 2003. 2000 is done differently) "Tom" <ano...

text effects
Are there text effects available somewhere in Excel similar to what is available in Word? I would like to have the text in a text box blink for emphasis. Hi Vicki, Thank goodness Excel does not have such "fonts". Usually if you see something blink in Excel, somebody used bad coding. However, if you promise that no one else but you would ever see such a spreadsheet Bill Manville's solution is ... Blinking cells, flashing cells by alternating interior color using ontime, http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/eee/eee002.txt Otherwise, ain't seen nothing, don't know not...

Can't send e-mail anymore just receive.. Arggghhh.....
For some reason my Outlook 2002 decided to quite sending mail. I can receive mail but when I try to send it I get the message below over and over... I know the SMTP address in the mailbox setup is still correct so what gives? I can post to newsgroups obviously.... Thanks in advance!! Task 'Temujin Sending' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).' Is this question too hard or something? Maybe I'll go ask the fifteen year old down the st...

Underline a portion of Text via VBA
In my report I have a textbox named: Text110 Controlsource ="Svc " & [Svc/Qtn] & " No.: " & [QtnNo] & [QtnAB] The result in the preview is like below : Svc Revised-Estimation No.2010/2356 My requirement is to under line only the portion 2010/2356 only via VBA code. I may have put the line manually under the text, but the description inside the text keep changing some time Estimate, some time Revised-Estimate, therefore the allingment of the line underneath changes. That is the reason for a code, which will draw a line exactly calculatin...

What's the best free pdf to text or rtf converter?
Can't convert with free version of Foxit Reader, works well to read the new format pdf's, but does not convert to text free-pdf-to-word-converter.exe 588KB Free PDF to RTF Converter 1.5 seems to reorganize the simplest of pdf's For example a numbered list of text ends up with all the numbers AFTER each entry! I think I tried pdf2Wordsetup.exe 1,103KB and it was worse So, what free pdf to text, or to doc or to rtf works the best on Win98FE? Robert Robert A. Macy wrote: > Can't convert with free version of Foxit Reader, works well to read > the...

Reminder Prompt but Can't Find Entry
I keep being reminded of a recurring calendar entry (weekly appointment) which the program cannot open, find or delete. Yet it each time I open Microsoft Outlook it reminds me of this reccuring entry. Of course there is no way for me to correct the problem and I am told that I may be reminded again since the program cannot locate the entry. Have you tried opening outlook using the /cleanreminders switch? If you aren't sure how to use switches, see http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/switches.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips...

Advanced Find
Love the AF, and have been able to find anything I put my mind to...except this: I'm trying to create a View that finds all leads WITHOUT activities. Been trying all different arguments but it doesn't seem possible. Any idea's? It's not possible. The only workaround is a SQL report. Advanced Find is, like any other view, based on Fetch XML, which does not support this functionality. -- Michael H�hne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP CRM Blog: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2 ---------------------------------------------------------- "Van Yang" <VanYang@discussi...

Text box in drawing toolbar in Excel
Once I created a text box, I would like to delete the border so it shows only the text and no border when printing. Thank-You B.W. One way select the textbox, right click the border, select format text box, select colors and lines, in the dropdown for the line area select a white colour -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom Excel 95 - Excel 2007 Nothwest Excel Solutions www.nwexcelsolutions.com "It is a good thing to follow the first law of holes; if you are in one stop digging." Lord Healey "B.W." <BW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FBE4CD94-3D3D-4E32...

Text High-lighting for imports from Word (PC) 2007

how can i make pareto chart on 2 axis in excel?
i want to make a pareto chart & table on the data available. how can i make the table for pareto chart? please help me in detail. Consider making a PivotTable with an associated PivotChart using the data as the source. Add the item column as both the row field and the data field. For the latter make sure Excel shows Count of {field} rather than some other option such as Sum of {field} You can then sort the table and chart by the occurrence frequency. On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 20:28:00 -0700, ~~karan~~ <~~karan~~@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i want to make a pareto chart &...

can anyone help me with this??
hello all. I am hoping that someone in this vast pool of Excel knowledge might be able to help me with this problem. This list shown below in blue.... 10/04/06 10/05/06 108 757 ANC-NRT 1600 2325 ..WR... 07/06/06 09/29/06 108 757 ANC-NRT 1600 2325 ...RF.. 07/01/06 10/21/06 108 757 ANC-NRT 1700 0025 .....S. 08/22/06 @ 08:00 UPS COMPASS DATABASE Page 2 BREPORT4 CITY PAIR JUMPSCHD Operation Start End Flt No A/C Orig-Dest Z-Out Z-In M...

Drop down box values
I've been given this task to do in Excel and I need help. I have a column/list in worksheet2. The list is indexed and must stay intact as many cells in the workbook use this list. Lets say in this column I have the following information: Absorp ABSC0112 ABSC0129 ABSC0148 Cen CVAE 18 CVAE 19 CVAE 21 Wate GEVA 1/2 - 2 1/2 GEVA 3 -5 GEHA 1/2 - 2 1/2 GEHA 3 -5 Now I want to add two drop down boxes on another worksheet. Drop down box 1 would have the values: Absorp Cen Wate The list in Drop down box 2 would be dependent on what value is selected in drop down box 1 so if Absorp is selected i...

can't change cell format
Hi, I am using Excel 2002 on my PC (Vista is the OS). There are a number of cells with the green tick in the upper left hand corner. I believe these are numbers that are formatted as text. I want them to be formatted as numbers but highliting them and using either the right click method or taking the options from the top does not change the format. These are numbers that have been typed directly into the cell and transferred from other worksheets. How do I get Excel to accept the change to a number format? TIA -- Larry Smith To change the format, you can select...

Input Box
Can someone show me how to use VBA to collect part of a folder and file name from an input box? e.g. Const CSVFile As String = "Z:\FILES\ACCOUNTING\PAYROLL\DAILY PROGRESS REPORTS (DPRs)\WE 5-9-10\WE 5-9-10.csv" I would like to use an input box to change the date of the folder “WE 5-9-10” and the file “WE 5-9-10.csv” This is the scenario… I have excel files that are emailed to me daily, typically four to six separate workbooks per day. The information in the spreadsheets is for payroll, so having all the data in one workbook at the end of the week makes it muc...

How to make static text control hyperlink with tool tip ???
Hi Could anybody let me know how to create (Dynamically) a static text control with hyperlink features + multiline tool tip. Any code snippet / source or hints will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Mujtaba http://www.codeproject.com/staticctrl/cmyhyperlink.asp Tom <tomujtaba@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1119011497.785937.25900@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi > > Could anybody let me know how to create (Dynamically) a static text > control with hyperlink features + multiline tool tip. > > Any code snippet / source or hints will be highly appr...

Can't boot off hard drive
I left my computer on overnight, as I usually do, and everything was fine, but when I got up this morning it was in a pre-boot screen. I tried to reboot. F10 didn't do anything, nor did F8, so I went into the bios to check the boot sequence and the primary boot device was the DVD drive, followed by removable media (USB) and then the network. I am not particularly computer savvy, but shouldn't the hard drive be in there somewhere? Did a virus do this and how can I fix it? "pupdef" <pupdef@gmail.com> wrote in message news:eb5c45a4-e167-482e-9489-01797601...

Why can't I see the pictures that I am inserting in my Pub. 2002 d
I am having a problem that I have not encountered before in previous pub. 2002 documents - I am insterting pictures and can see that they are insterting and yet can't see the picture. it's not a problem of having the picture inserted into the back ground. View, pictures, detailed display. Is it just this one document? If not, slide the acceleration down on your video adapter, control panel, display folder, settings tab, advanced button, troubleshoot tab. If this solves the issue, go to the manufacturer's web site and look around for an upgraded video driver. -- Mary Sauer...

Can't copy and paste
When i copy, normally it will have dot line happen until you paste. But now after I copy, the dot line just appear for 2 second and disappear, so when I paste there is nothing come. Also I can't use print screen, there is nothing when I paste as well. I already re-start my computer but it is still the same. Please kindly help me. ...

Excel = MS Word, Text Functions?, Edit | Fill | Justify??
Hello, I posted a question at excel.misc regarding using excel as a word processor. http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.excel.misc/browse_frm/thread/790757e9a328eee3/9002ea974dde7cc1 I was attempting to use text functions (trim, mid, etc. ) to "wrap" text as it would in MS Word. And Myrna brought to my attention that I could use edit | fill | justify option to somewhat accomplish what I'm trying to do. Is there another alternative using macros? There's almost always an alternative using macros. Whether it's an alternative that makes sense to do dep...

Can Not Add Patches
When I attempt to update M/S Office X, the updates install but then I'm asked for the cd key. I enter it but it returns a message saying invalid key. Has anyone had this experience? In article <BC22F755.20B%randy.russell@comcast.net>, Randy Russell <randy.russell@comcast.net> wrote: > When I attempt to update M/S Office X, the updates install but then I'm > asked for the cd key. I enter it but it returns a message saying invalid > key. Has anyone had this experience? > Two possibilities (assuming you're entering the key correctly - the 8's and the...

Can't seem to archive folders in Outlook now. Error msg "Cant arch
I Can't seem to archive folders in Outlook now, it was working before christmas (honest, i never touched it!!) The received error msg is "Cant archive some items have either been moved, deleted or access denied" ...