suppress report detail

Hi,

I have a main report that has 6 subreports on its detail section.

Is there a way to suppress the main report if any of subreport doesn't have
value, or empty?

If I can not do it, suppress the main report, can we print off the main
report without seeing any "empty" subreport?

Please help

Thanks
Chi

If the main report is actually bound to a table/query, then presumably you
want to tell if any of the main report's related tables (the ones used in
the subreport) lack data. You can then remove that record from the main
report's source query so it doesn't print. Messy, but doable.

If the main report is unbound, or if the problem is purely a display issue,
then presumably you have text on the main report that you want to suppress
if the subreport has no data. The simple way to do that is to cut the text
from the main report, and put it into the Report Header section of the
subreport instead.

You probably want to set the Can Shrink property of the subreport to Yes so
no space is taken up.

If you need to test whether a subreport has data, or if you need to collect
totals from the subreports, see:
    Bring the total from a subreport onto a main report
at:
    http://allenbrowne.com/casu-18.html

"Chi" <Chi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> I have a main report that has 6 subreports on its detail section.
>
> Is there a way to suppress the main report if any of subreport doesn't
> have
> value, or empty?
>
> If I can not do it, suppress the main report, can we print off the main
> report without seeing any "empty" subreport?
>
> Please help
>
> Thanks
> Chi

0