Summing in page footer

In my page footer section of a report I need to have a "Subtotal" which is
"NonTaxable" + "TaxableNetAmt". Sometime my TaxableNetAmt will be 0. How can
I make the Subtotal be the sum of NonTaxable and TaxableNetAmt? I have tried
many different ways and I get #error. My control source for NonTaxable is =
[NetAmount] and the control source for "TaxableNetAmt" is TaxableNetAmt. Or
will be entered on teh form... THanks

stephendeloach

On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 18:41:10 GMT, stephendeloach via AccessMonster.com
wrote:

> In my page footer section of a report I need to have a "Subtotal" which is
> "NonTaxable" + "TaxableNetAmt". Sometime my TaxableNetAmt will be 0. How can
> I make the Subtotal be the sum of NonTaxable and TaxableNetAmt? I have tried
> many different ways and I get #error. My control source for NonTaxable is =
> [NetAmount] and the control source for "TaxableNetAmt" is TaxableNetAmt. Or
> will be entered on teh form... THanks

See Microsoft Knowledgebase article
132017  "How to sum a column of numbers in a report by page."

--
Fred
Please respond only to this newsgroup.

Can't add any more space to the 3rd page of a report
I'm receiving this mssg if I try to drag some fields further down the report: The control or subform controls too large for this location. The number you entered for the Left, Top, Height or Width property is too large or is a negative number. Reduce the size of the control or subform control, or enter a positive number. I can't increase the spacing either by dragging the page bar down either. This is on the 3rd page on my report. I have two other full pages with page breaks on this same report. Any suggestions? -- Anne ...

How to define, at run-time, the master to be used by a page?
I have realy two websites in one host folder. To get to one use Default1.aspx to get to the other use Default2.aspx. Default1 and all the pages that it's menu goes to uses One.master. Default2 and all the pages that it's menu goes to uses Two.master. However, there are some pages that should be available from both sites. So the question is: can I somehow define, at run-time, the master to be used by a page. That is, if a page is opened from Default1 I want it to use One.master, and if it is accessed from Default2 I want it to use Two.master. Can you tell me how t...

Trouble with a page break
Hi, I'm using the latest version of Office for Mac 10.6.3. I have a very simple spreadsheet, but somehow I bizarre page break got inserted that I wish to remove: http://screencast.com/t/NzlhNjBlODMt How do I do this? I wasn't able to eliminate it by right clicking on a cell and selecting, "Reset All Page Breaks". Thanks, - Dave If you were using Windows, I would say that it looks like a split window not a page break. In Windows that can be removed by double-clicking it. -- Jim Cone Portland, Oregon USA http://www.mediafire.com/PrimitiveSoftware .. .. .. "lare...

Summary on one page
At the moment I have over 40 workbooks sent to me each week, each workbook has 3 -4 worksheets in it detailing the previous weeks work. I then have to open each workbook and then go to each worksheet and copy the details fom the previous week (approx 10 rows) and paste them into a single workbook (which summaries the various workbook) Can the above be carried out by some f orm of macro. or programming (am I in the correct forum?) My issues seem to be How do I select the correct information from the correct worksbook / sheet. This should not be too bad as the new weeks work is always in the sa...

Problem with Running Sum Expression
Access 2000. This expression has worked well for a couple of years up untill now.(I received this from this newsgroup) The only thing I have done is change the format from number to text on the field [App_ID] of my table [Account]. The App_ID field used to be strickly numbers, now they are alphanumeric. This is when my running sum expression quit working. Can any one help? This expression is on my form "Accounts" Thanks, Randy =IIf([cboAppID] Is Null,"",DSum("[Debit]","[Account]","[App_ID] = " & [App_ID] & " AND [Date...

How to disable IE8 welcome page after installing IE7???
I'm using the IEAK to build an installation package of IE7 and using SCCM to push it out to our clients. I have configured the package to go directly to my homepage and skip the IE7 welcome screen and all of that, but after rebooting and starting IE7, I get redirected to the IE8 welcome page. I need to disable this page as this will be confusing to our user community. I have also tried a reg hack to stop this from happening to no avail. Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main] "RunOnceHasShown"=dword:00...

sum array not calculating properly
Hi, I'm using the array formula below in a cell. {=SUM((B2:B192="Salo, Steve")*(J2:J192>0))} It works well in columns where there are data that meet the criteria, but in this column J where there are none with values above 0, it counts all the cells, in this case 29. Some are empty, most have negative values, none are positive. So it should result in a 0, but instead it results in a 29, the same number of rows that have Steve Salo's name in column B. Thanks for any ideas how to get this to read 0 instead of 29. Harold Is calculation set for automatic? Tools|Op...

My home page question
There is a report called Income and Expenses on my money home page. It includes items that I do not want shown. I've looked throughout the reports to see how I can customize it, but have been unsuccessful so far. I can double click income or expense and generate the correct report with the right categories, but it does not keep those changes when I go back to the home page. Could someone please direct me to making this modification. The one on the home page (at least in 2005) cannot be customized. If you want to have a custom version, then your best bet is to add it to your favorit...

Outlook/e-mail message not printing as shown on page
Hi! I have this frustrating thing happening. I use Outlook as my e-mail. I have Office 2000 and Windows 98. I use to be able to type a document in Word send it to a mail recepient and they would receive as was what I had on word. Now when I send it and print it, the message is out, For instance when I tab with a figure. the figure when not be lined up etc. Does anyone know why this is happening? ...

sum a range of cells that include an error
How do I sum a range of cells that include a #N/A error. I want the #N/A cells to register as 0. Currently the total returned is also #N/A. Thanks Hi! Several options: Fix the formula that returns #N/A. =IF(ISERROR(your_formula),0,your_formula)) or =IF(ISERROR(your_formula),"",your_formula)) If you use either of the above then a simple =SUM() will now work. If you want the #N/A error to be displayed then: =SUMIF(A1:A10,">0") Biff >-----Original Message----- >How do I sum a range of cells that include a #N/A error. I want the #N/A >cells to regist...

can't print web pages
I have a laptop running Vista networked to a desktop running XP. Printer is attached to the desktop and I can print documents such as Word or Excel from my laptop; however when I try to print a web page directly from Internet Explorer, Internet Explorer hangs up and will not print. Any idea? Ron Hi Ron, And in no-Addons mode? (there are some Addons that enhance IE's Printing (IEPrint) Does this occur always? or just at a particular web site? Regards. "Ron Berry" <rpberry@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:C66A8C51-30F2-4C7C-8945-645B56ABC5E...

repeating rows at the bottom of every page
With Excel 97, is there a way to have rows repeat at the "bottom" of every page? This would be more information than would typically be in a footer. I know in that in the page setup there is the ability to have rows repeat at the top of every page. Hi no such buuild-in function for this -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Art wrote: > With Excel 97, is there a way to have rows repeat at > the "bottom" of every page? This would be more > information than would typically be in a footer. > > I know in that in the page setup there is the ability...

Word 2007 Doc Prints Only One Page at a Time
I have a group of Word documents that I use on a quarterly basis for reporting purposes. I "save as" a new document each quarter and edit as necessary. About a year ago all of these documents (22 of them) began to print one page at a time with a pause of 10-15 seconds in between each page. This only happens on my office printer, if I change to a different printer in the building, they print just fine. It is only this group of documents that is an issue, it never happens with any other Word document. It doesn't seem to matter that the file names and locations ch...

Statement Header on last page only
I am using Statement on Blank Paper and I need a header that only prints on the last page for each customer statement. Is there any way to do this. First of all, it would be called a footer. Select the footer tied to the customer number. You can format it to look like a header but you will place the fields in a footer. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008 Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "Mike Signal" wrote: > I am using Statement on Blank Paper ...

Some sort of sum product
I have a series of names in a coulmn in Sheet1. I have a range of data in sheet2 that looks like this. Name1 DataType1 DataType2 Name2 DataType1 DataType2 Name3 DataType1 DataType2 Name1 DataType1 DataType2 Name3 DataType1 DataType2 Name2 DataType1 DataType2 Name1 DataType1 DataType2 I need to add up coulmn B in Sheet2 and coulmn C in Sheet2 and divide B for each name in Sheet1. There are multipule instances of a name in sheet2 coulmn A and I need to add each instance in coulmn B and coulmn C before dividing. Any tips? =SUMIF(Sheet2!A:A,A1,Sheet2!B:B)+SUMIF(Sheet2!A:A,A1,Sheet2!C:C) not...

Formatting Page
Dear all i have a worksheet that is print it in two different pages. But the 1st page is only the half page and the secondone is full printed. There is anyway that i can setup with different way the first page and with another way the 2nd page? Thanks in advance Manos Manos, I don't think you can do what you want. Page Setup applies to all pages in the worksheet. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Manos" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:173f501c4189b$6171c520$a501280a@...

A Question on Formatting Pages for Printing
I want to send a manuscript to a printing company in PDF format. This is called print ready. These pages are to be 5.5 x 8.5. For the margins they want the margins to be .5 inch, except the gutter is to be .625 inch. Here is my problem: I can do this in MS Publisher if I select Mirrored pages. You can'r set a single page up and get the gutter on the odd and even pages. They don't want you to submit mirrored pages (2) on a single 8.5 x 11.0. Any ideas? Thanks, Tom Thomas Minter wrote: > I want to send a manuscript to a printing company in PDF format. > This is called print ready....

footer #5
I have my email address as the footer in many of my print outs. Is there a way I can change all of them to my new address at one go? They are in various files and folders. Thanks for any help. Regards Dennis hi, in print preview, click setup. click header/footer tab. click custom footer... button. your old email address should be there somewhere. over type it. >-----Original Message----- >I have my email address as the footer in many of my print outs. >Is there a way I can change all of them to my new address at one go? >They are in various files and folders. >Thanks for...

ODBC-call failed on Reporting Printing (After 7th page of 29 pages
Hi All, In some of our client machines we are getting ODBC-Call failed on printing a particular report on the 7th or 8th pages of the report. The report has 29 pages in total. The issue is happening if the amount of data is considerably huge (happening for 29 page report of 1600 records), but for lower amount of data, the are not facing it. Will there be any database access while printing the report ? Could you please give any pointer on why this is happening? MS-Access Version 2003, the report it is running on linked server tables of SQL 2008. Thanks Satya ...

Page Setup #2
I have Pub2K and I'd like to print an address book of some 30 pages, so the A names go on the first page, the B names go on the second page, the C names - on the 3rd page, the D names - on the 4th page and so on. I'd like to print it on both sides of a page. Each page is 3.5x6.5 inches, so I can fit six pages on a letter size (8.5x11) sheet of paper. But how do I set up a page? Using a trifold will mess-up the alphabetical order, printing one page at a time will waist 75% of paper... Is there a way to print a small size (3.5x6.5) publication on a standard letter size paper? ---------- ...

Customer Source Front Page Updates
The Customer Source front page has not been updated in weeks. I like to check this out periodically, but it has not provided any new information. Is there a plan to keep this more up to date? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/B...

How to print out every 4th page using Microsoft Word 2003
I have a word document which is 2700 pages long. I need to print out every 4th page onto letterhead. Is there a means to do this? TIA. You could use a macro containing the following code: Dim i As Long With ActiveDocument For i = 1 To .Range.Information(wdActiveEndPageNumber) Step 4 .PrintOut Range:=wdPrintFromTo, From:="p" & i, To:="p" & i Next i End With That's assuming that it is just those pages that you want to print, and not the whole document with every fourth page on letter head and the other three pages of each lett...

Excel Sheet Footer
Can I have the same header/footer on differnt sheets within an Excel document. I have 10 sheets, and currently when I want to change the footer i need to go into each sheet. I have Excel 2003 Thansk You can have code that sets it at print time, so all sheets get it Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) With ActiveSheet.PageSetup .LeftFooter = "my value" End With End Sub 'This is workbook event code. 'To input this code, right click on the Excel icon on the worksheet '(or next to the File menu if you maximise your workbooks), 'selec...

Subreport page numbers
Hello, I have a report that includes a subreport in the Report Footer. The subreport is simply a Page Break and a Textbox. The Textbox's property is set to grow as this information can span multiple pages. I need to be able to print the main report's Page Footer on the last page of the main report ONLY, and then have the subreport print thereafter. I thought about retrieving the Pages number of the subreport and subtract that value from the total number of pages but I cannot seem to retrieve this value. The following always returns 0 when set as the recordsource of a text box on ...

Keep background color of a control inside a property page
Hello I subclassed a CStatic so that I change its foreground color. The background color is kept unchanged as: HBRUSH CMyStatic::CtlColor(CDC* pDC, UINT nCtlColor) { // etc etc // etc etc... return (HBRUSH)GetStockObject(NULL_BRUSH); } Now when the subclassed control is used in a property page, where XP styles are active: http://lgwm.org/downloads/bkg.jpg The background of the control is kept as the dialog's background and not as the property page's background! But if I return "(HBRUSH)0" to CtlColor() the background is untouched (when control is inside property ...