Summary pages on Reports Query

Good morning,

I have a question to pose which I hope someone could assist me with,

I currently have a report running that Groups records together by the week
of a year (A week function that works out the week of a year by from a date)

All works fine , however I wish to create a first page summary that just
shows totals for the week

e.g

Week 11  = 200
Week 12  = 340
Week 13 = 300

but because the report could vary in a range of weeks each time it is run
there is no fixed point to sum by , the only consistancy is there will always
be 3 weeks in the report

I could use if week equal xx then sum number if the weeks were always fixed,

Could I use a min to max function to use to bind the summary down?

Use a subreport. You can either base this on a Totals Query or make it a
copy of your main report and delete Details section, whichever gives the
effect you desire.
In Design View, slide it from the Database Window into your Week Number
Header and link it to the Main Report by WeekNumber by opening the
Properties box, clicking on your Subreport and putting the name of your
WeekNumber field next to Link Master Fields, Link Child Fields.
Is this the effect you want?
Evi
"Jai_Friday" <JaiFriday@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Good morning,
>
> I have a question to pose which I hope someone could assist me with,
>
> I currently have a report running that Groups records together by the week
> of a year (A week function that works out the week of a year by from a
date)

> All works fine , however I wish to create a first page summary that just
> shows totals for the week
>
> e.g
>
> Week 11  = 200
> Week 12  = 340
> Week 13 = 300
>
> but because the report could vary in a range of weeks each time it is run
> there is no fixed point to sum by , the only consistancy is there will
always
> be 3 weeks in the report
>
> I could use if week equal xx then sum number if the weeks were always
fixed,

> Could I use a min to max function to use to bind the summary down?

0
Evi
3/12/2008 9:44:12 AM
Cheers EVI ,

God I feel dumb ;)

"Evi" wrote:

> Use a subreport. You can either base this on a Totals Query or make it a
> copy of your main report and delete Details section, whichever gives the
> effect you desire.
> In Design View, slide it from the Database Window into your Week Number
> Header and link it to the Main Report by WeekNumber by opening the
> Properties box, clicking on your Subreport and putting the name of your
> WeekNumber field next to Link Master Fields, Link Child Fields.
> Is this the effect you want?
> Evi
> "Jai_Friday" <JaiFriday@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Good morning,
> >
> > I have a question to pose which I hope someone could assist me with,
> >
> > I currently have a report running that Groups records together by the week
> > of a year (A week function that works out the week of a year by from a
> date)
> >
> > All works fine , however I wish to create a first page summary that just
> > shows totals for the week
> >
> > e.g
> >
> > Week 11  = 200
> > Week 12  = 340
> > Week 13 = 300
> >
> > but because the report could vary in a range of weeks each time it is run
> > there is no fixed point to sum by , the only consistancy is there will
> always
> > be 3 weeks in the report
> >
> > I could use if week equal xx then sum number if the weeks were always
> fixed,
> >
> > Could I use a min to max function to use to bind the summary down?

Please don't. I can think of all the times I've spent days (even weeks)
working on elaborate solutions to a problem when there was a really simple
one available. And besides, there will be other readers of the newsgroup who
really don't know how to set up a subreport (or even that subreports exist)
and who will want to do just what you wanted to do.

Some years ago, I spent ages hunting for the way to make those lines to
appear when you print out an Excel Spreadsheet. Imagine looking up 'lines in
Spreadsheet' on Google! Someone in a newsgroup kindly told me they were
called grid lines and how to switch them on! (Oh dear! I'm starting to sound
like Grandpa Simpson!)

> Cheers EVI ,
>
> God I feel dumb ;)
>
> "Evi" wrote:
>
> > Use a subreport. You can either base this on a Totals Query or make it a
> > copy of your main report and delete Details section, whichever gives the
> > effect you desire.
> > In Design View, slide it from the Database Window into your Week Number
> > Header and link it to the Main Report by WeekNumber by opening the
> > Properties box, clicking on your Subreport and putting the name of your
> > WeekNumber field next to Link Master Fields, Link Child Fields.
> > Is this the effect you want?
> > Evi
> > "Jai_Friday" <JaiFriday@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Good morning,
> > >
> > > I have a question to pose which I hope someone could assist me with,
> > >
> > > I currently have a report running that Groups records together by the
week
> > > of a year (A week function that works out the week of a year by from a
> > date)
> > >
> > > All works fine , however I wish to create a first page summary that
just
> > > shows totals for the week
> > >
> > > e.g
> > >
> > > Week 11  = 200
> > > Week 12  = 340
> > > Week 13 = 300
> > >
> > > but because the report could vary in a range of weeks each time it is
run
> > > there is no fixed point to sum by , the only consistancy is there will
> > always
> > > be 3 weeks in the report
> > >
> > > I could use if week equal xx then sum number if the weeks were always
> > fixed,
> > >
> > > Could I use a min to max function to use to bind the summary down?

0
Evi

Default Page Format set to custom, can't change.
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel About six months ago I created a custom page setup in Word (4x7 inch). Now excel is always opening new documents in this custom format. I've gone into page setup and changed it, then saved it... nothing. I've checked the settings in the printer dialog under system preferences... all fine. <br><br>Any ideas how to get this back to opening in the standard letter size? Is your installation of Office fully updated? 12.2.3 is the current level & I seem to recall an issue several revisions ago wh...

Z report Number of Items sold by Department
Is there a way to include number of items sold by department in Z report? I do not believe that is possible. I have spent many hours researching that functionality and haven't found a solution. "Asmar" wrote: > Is there a way to include number of items sold by department in Z report? ...

Reference to Report's System Name
Pardon me if this is a stupid question, but how do I put the Report's system name in the report? What I want to do is put the report name in the page footer so that if there is an issue with a report, I can look at the footer and the report's name would be there. I know it would be an unbound Text Box, but what is the syntax. I know the easy way would be to put a normal Text Box on the report with the name, but is there a way to dynamically call the report's name? Thanks. JG Try: =[Report].[Name] -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips fo...

Category Report Order Problem
Hi Guys, Not needed you for a while but...my Money (UK 2005 Version) automatically reverses my report order so that when printing reports by category, expenses appear first in reverse alpha order. I can order by date or payee order by clicking on the title bar but can find no way of changing the actual category order. Occasionally the category order will reverse itself but it always shifts back within a couple of minutes. Any ideas? Torbayblue ...

Management Reporter
Was wondering if anyone ran into this issue. I was creating some row formats & I was using account categories. I ran into several incidents where MR returned an error message that the categories was not valid. The category was shown on the drill into list. The category was listed in GP2010 for the account. No idea why it was being rejected. Let me know if there is any thoughts on this Thanks ...

Query Sql in linq
Hi, How can i di this query in LinQ: Selec t1.Id, t1.Campo2, t2.IdTabla1 FORM Tabla1 t1 left join Tabla2 t2 ON t1.Id==t2.IdTabla1 OR t1.Id==t2.IdTabla1Bis It is important the condition of the OR, since without it the will do is say I've managed to do this: Selec t1.Id, t1.Campo2, t2.IdTabla1 FORM Tabla1 t1 left join Tabla2 t2 ON t1.Id==t2.IdTabla1 var reultado=from t1 in Tabla1 join t2 in Tabla2 on t1.Id equals t2.IdTabla1 into leftJoin from t2 in leftJoin.DefaultIfEmpty() select new { Campo1=t1.Id, Campo2=t1.Campo2, Campo3=t2.IdTabla1 }; But How c...

Additional Query
I am trying to restrict an integration to only one document or range of documents. I have created an ODBC connection to the database that is returning all data in the tables I have selected. I am using a before integration query of: dBeginPO = InputBox("Please enter beginning Purchase Order number") dEndPO=InputBox("Please enter ending Purchase Order Number") SetVariable "dBeginPO",dBeginPO SetVariable "dEndPO", dEndPO On my datasource I have the following: dBeginPO = GetVariable("dBeginPO") dEndPO = GetVariable("dEndPO") Quer...

Excel. How to query for certain stats
Hi all i'm new to excel need a little help here. i have a huge data bas in excel n i wanna search for certain name Eg. Education. Where i ca get the data of all students having degree if i type degree.. ; wil get all data of students where i type diploma.. I noe this can be worked using the filter cmd but is there any othe way where like there is a search field for it so that it can search return?? Muz i use a macro to set it so that i can retrieve it?? Please help n guide me. -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi ristanto.......... No macro is needed...........just s...

Access a query without opening Access
I have a db with several dozen queries. I need a non-technical person, who is also not authorized to see all the info in the db, to run one query each day. Is there any way to launch a query without being in the query view of Access? Or is there a way to have a single query in the query window whuch has sub queries not visible or in another location? On Fri, 8 Jan 2010 15:11:01 -0800, Tired and Confused <Tired and Confused@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a db with several dozen queries. I need a non-technical person, who >is also not authorized to se...

Publisher:Page is locked.Can't do anything, esp.insert photos or .
My publisher page is locked?! Can't do anything. Can't start another page or make any changes on any of my pub. files!!! HELP! Start at the beginning. What version of Publisher? What were you doing when you first encountered this problem? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "SqueezyPajamas" <SqueezyPajamas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:89B2B248-9EB8-493F-9083-A50C637B3CAC@microsoft.com... > My publisher page is locked?! Can't do anything. Can't start another page > or > make any changes on any of my pub. files!!! HEL...

How do I stop printing a header after the third page?
I have selected the row header to print for pages one and two but I don't want it to print on subsequent pages. How do I make this happen? The bad news is that if you don't include the rows to repeat at top, then more stuff can be printed on each page. For instance, in my test data, I set it up to use rows 1:2 as rows to repeat at top. I didn't add any manual page breaks. Page 1 showed 1:2 and 3:52 (52 rows) Page 2 showed 1:2 and 53:102 (still 52 rows) I removed those rows to repeat at top and tried to print pages 3-??? But excel figures that without the header, more rows ...

Query for AD to get E-mails With User Accounts & Creating New user Accounts !!
Hello everybody , i'm a newbie in Exchange Server who has it as heritage from a previous Admin. so what i need is (Maybe Simple): 1- a query (to get the output to a *.txt file) for AD to get all e-mails accounts associated with each user account .. so i can know in which OU it lives & how many E-mails it has. i've this but i don't know what parameter or where should i add to get the above details .. i just get e-mails: dsquery user "OU=Clients, DC=mydomain,DC=Com" | dsget user -email > C:\emails3.txt 2- Another query (or maybe command like dsadd) but i need to...

List Box in queries??
It there anyway to have a list box in a query? For Ex. in the Criteria box in order for a msg box to display you have to enter [] then you can "type" in what you want it to search for. My question is can I have a drop down box in that Messagebox? On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 11:13:02 -0800, Tiff wrote: > It there anyway to have a list box in a query? For Ex. in the Criteria box in > order for a msg box to display you have to enter [] then you can "type" in > what you want it to search for. My question is can I have a drop down box in > that Messagebox? No you ...

Display subject lines that carry [error:] on a web page, which refreshes every x minutes automatically #2
Hello, I don't know if this is possible or not. But it is worth giving a try. I have an application that sends notification emails saying that there is an error that has occured with the application and this email contains "error:" as a constant term in the subject line, and they are all from h...@application.com. Now, What I want to do is my outlook macro or code should periodically refresh the outlook inbox look for subject line that has "error" and verify it is from h...@application.com and display this error subject line on a web page. This should happen every ...

Property Sheet/Property Page EnableWindow Refresh Problem
I'm having a problem with enabling controls on a property sheet. I have created two property pages. One of these pages is added when the property sheet is created. That page has several controls on it which are disabled. When I open a file I want my controls to be enabled and the second property page to be added. I added the code to do this using EnableWindow(TRUE) and AddPage. However when I go to File->Open in the top menu the file I select loads but I don't see the second page added. The controls don't appear to be enabled either. If I click on the controls, they chan...

Queries and data protection
I created a query and I would like to know how I can protect certain displayed data fields within that query from update. I retrieve names from my database and my query will allow others to change the names. Some fields I want them to be able to change, others not. How do I prevent this. I am a novice at Access. -- Thank you for your help. ...

Report showing what invoices a customer cheque pays.
I would love a report that I can use to show a customer how I applied a cheque to their account. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=379e906e-32d7-4e4a-baf7-f3d...

hit counter or page counter
Hi, I need to have a page counter to see how many people access my website. How can this be done? In FrontPage, it's called hit counter. Thanks. One post in one group would be sufficient. Refer to the web group. -- David Bartosik - MS MVP for Publisher help: www.davidbartosik.com enter to win Pub 2003: www.davidbartosik.com/giveaway.aspx "Myothello" <myothello2@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:30c801c428dc$62b63140$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, I need to have a page counter to see how many people > access my website. How can this be done? In FrontPage, > i...

Printing with more than one column per page
I'm using the term, "column" incorrectly here. I want to print a list of records, but I want to have 2 or three "columns" of records per page. Word can do this using the "columns" control, but I can't figure out how to get Excel to do this, or how to get Word to import an Excel file such that I can do this. The item is an electronic price list, and it's going to be over 100 pages if each line is one record, and it's mostly blank space. Thanks for any suggestions. I'm using Excel and Word '97. Regards, Robin Robin, My Excel add-in &quo...

Can't filter report by custom field
I am trying to filter account records by a custom date field. However, when I apply the filter I get a crystal error saying that the field cannot be found. Is there some limitation on reporting using custom fields? -Jason Yes Jason you need the crystal reports 9.2.2 and modify the reports (*.rpt) with custom fields. do... < verify database> i hope this help to you Carlos consultoria CRM Axxonconsulting Argentia "Jason Beckett" <jasonb@fredericksbenefits.com> escribi� en el mensaje news:eiB2Fi8qEHA.3940@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I am trying to filter account reco...

Non-default printer ends up with default printer page size, why?
Hello, I'm working on an application that uses two printers. One is the standard page printer that the user has attached, while the other is a receipt printer that takes paper 3.125 inches wide. This has caused me to notice something that I've never seen before. If one printer (e.g. page printer) is the system default printer, when I choose the other printer (receipt printer) in the printer dialog, the resulting DC has mostly correct info for the selected printer, but the printed page dimensions are those of the default printer rather than the selected printer. The LOGPIXELSX valu...

Dmin Vs Dmax in query design
I am building a query in design view and I am attempting to select records within a column that exclude the highest and lowest values (prices). The table is named tblITEMS and I am attempting to use Dmin and Dmax as criteria to exclude the highest and lowest records. Within design view I show the ITEM column and the UNITPRICE column. In the criteria for the UNITPRICE I put: ">DMin("UNITPRICE","tblITEMS")" This returns all but the lowest values for each ITEM in the table - works correctly, or as I am hoping that it will. Now, same scenerio only this tim...

Is it possible to print the pages of a workbook in reverse order?
In MS Word it is possible to select an option to print pages in reverse order. Can I do this in Excel and if so, how? Some printers support this option and you can choose it from the: File|Print|Properties button (each printer is different, though) If your printer doesn't support this, you could use a macro: Option Explicit Sub testme01() Dim TotalPages As Long Dim pCtr As Long TotalPages = ExecuteExcel4Macro("GET.DOCUMENT(50)") For pCtr = TotalPages To 1 Step -1 ActiveSheet.PrintOut _ Preview:=True, _ From:=pCtr, to...

How to collate so the pages are not reversed?
When I use "collate" my pages are printed in reverse order, ; i.e.; first page is printed and so on until last page is printed. Then I have to shuffle the pages to get the first page to come out on top. How can I get "collate to print the last page first so the copy comes out correctly without shuffling? I am using Windows 7 with latest Microsoft Word from Microsoft Office. Sounds like you need to enable "Reverse print order" in Word (Office Button | Word Options | Advanced: Print) or change a setting in your printer Properties. -- Suzanne S. Barnhi...

Query from two tables duplicating data
I have created a query in Access 2002 using fields from two tables. The query is duplicating data so that each line item is listed multiple times. I can specify with more details if someone thinks they can help. Can you? Post the SQL of the query. If you are not familiar with how to do that, open your query in desingn mode, switch to SQL view, and copy/paste the code into your post. -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Rachael" wrote: > I have created a query in Access 2002 using fields from two tables. The query > is duplicating data so that each line item is liste...