Stop print preview when printing report Access 2007

Hi,

I have a series of forms which have a "print" button attached to them which
when clicked prints out an assortment of reports.

Everything works fine, however what ever you print generates a print preview
which sits behind the popped up form window, and I need to stop this
happening as it prevents the next report from printing properly

I don't want to preview the form, only print it out.  Is this possible, and
if so, how?

Many thanks

Sarella,

Since printing and previewing are seperate actions there must be something
in your code that says Preview.  Can you copy/paste the code you are using
here?

--
Gina Whipp
2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)

II

"Sarella" <Sarella@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have a series of forms which have a "print" button attached to them
> which
> when clicked prints out an assortment of reports.
>
> Everything works fine, however what ever you print generates a print
> preview
> which sits behind the popped up form window, and I need to stop this
> happening as it prevents the next report from printing properly
>
> I don't want to preview the form, only print it out.  Is this possible,
> and
> if so, how?
>
> Many thanks

0
Gina
1/5/2010 2:38:03 PM
Hi Gina,

I'm a very basic Access user, so created the button using the button wizard
toolbar and selected the report options - print report choice, and then
picked the report I wanted it to print.  This has embedded a macro to the on
click property which shows:

Action : Open report: Purchase Order Print Report for EDIT - CANCEL screen,
Report, , , Normal

RunCommand: Print.

When the OpenReport line is highlighted the fields at the bottom specifiy
Report name, view, filter name, where condition and window mode.  I have
changed view from print preview to print, but this causes macro errors.

I'm sorry that this probably isn't very clear.  do you have an email address
and I can send you a screen print?

Many thanks, much appreciated

"Gina Whipp" wrote:

> Sarella,
>
> Since printing and previewing are seperate actions there must be something
> in your code that says Preview.  Can you copy/paste the code you are using
> here?
>
> --
> Gina Whipp
> 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
>
> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors
> II
>
> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
>
> "Sarella" <Sarella@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a series of forms which have a "print" button attached to them
> > which
> > when clicked prints out an assortment of reports.
> >
> > Everything works fine, however what ever you print generates a print
> > preview
> > which sits behind the popped up form window, and I need to stop this
> > happening as it prevents the next report from printing properly
> >
> > I don't want to preview the form, only print it out.  Is this possible,
> > and
> > if so, how?
> >
> > Many thanks
>

> .

Sarella,

For my eMail address please go my web page, there is a button located on the
*Home* page.  I do not post my eMail in any newsgroup as it will harvested
by Spammers.  As I don't use Macros once you send me the screen shot I will
go and open my Access 2007 to assist you.

--

> Hi Gina,
>
> I'm a very basic Access user, so created the button using the button
> wizard
> toolbar and selected the report options - print report choice, and then
> picked the report I wanted it to print.  This has embedded a macro to the
> on
> click property which shows:
>
> Action : Open report: Purchase Order Print Report for EDIT - CANCEL
> screen,
> Report, , , Normal
>
> RunCommand: Print.
>
> When the OpenReport line is highlighted the fields at the bottom specifiy
> Report name, view, filter name, where condition and window mode.  I have
> changed view from print preview to print, but this causes macro errors.
>
> I'm sorry that this probably isn't very clear.  do you have an email
> address
> and I can send you a screen print?
>
> Many thanks, much appreciated
>
> "Gina Whipp" wrote:
>
>> Sarella,
>>
>> Since printing and previewing are seperate actions there must be
>> something
>> in your code that says Preview.  Can you copy/paste the code you are
>> using
>> here?
>>
>> --
>> Gina Whipp
>> 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
>>
>> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" -
>> Tremors
>> II
>>
>> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
>>
>> "Sarella" <Sarella@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I have a series of forms which have a "print" button attached to them
>> > which
>> > when clicked prints out an assortment of reports.
>> >
>> > Everything works fine, however what ever you print generates a print
>> > preview
>> > which sits behind the popped up form window, and I need to stop this
>> > happening as it prevents the next report from printing properly
>> >
>> > I don't want to preview the form, only print it out.  Is this possible,
>> > and
>> > if so, how?
>> >
>> > Many thanks
>>

>> .

0
Gina
1/6/2010 4:03:02 PM
Sarella,

Change your macro to the below... Just copy paste on the Arguments line and
remove the RunCommand: Print line.

Purchase Order Print Report for EDIT - CANCEL screen, Print, , , Normal

--
Gina Whipp
2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)

II

"Sarella" <Sarella@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Gina,
>
> I'm a very basic Access user, so created the button using the button
> wizard
> toolbar and selected the report options - print report choice, and then
> picked the report I wanted it to print.  This has embedded a macro to the
> on
> click property which shows:
>
> Action : Open report: Purchase Order Print Report for EDIT - CANCEL
> screen,
> Report, , , Normal
>
> RunCommand: Print.
>
> When the OpenReport line is highlighted the fields at the bottom specifiy
> Report name, view, filter name, where condition and window mode.  I have
> changed view from print preview to print, but this causes macro errors.
>
> I'm sorry that this probably isn't very clear.  do you have an email
> address
> and I can send you a screen print?
>
> Many thanks, much appreciated
>
> "Gina Whipp" wrote:
>
>> Sarella,
>>
>> Since printing and previewing are seperate actions there must be
>> something
>> in your code that says Preview.  Can you copy/paste the code you are
>> using
>> here?
>>
>> --
>> Gina Whipp
>> 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
>>
>> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" -
>> Tremors
>> II
>>
>> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
>>
>> "Sarella" <Sarella@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I have a series of forms which have a "print" button attached to them
>> > which
>> > when clicked prints out an assortment of reports.
>> >
>> > Everything works fine, however what ever you print generates a print
>> > preview
>> > which sits behind the popped up form window, and I need to stop this
>> > happening as it prevents the next report from printing properly
>> >
>> > I don't want to preview the form, only print it out.  Is this possible,
>> > and
>> > if so, how?
>> >
>> > Many thanks
>>

>> .

0
Gina

HTTP Error 401.3
Hi, I hope someone can help me. CRM worked fine for a while, but suddenly everybody, except the CRMAdmin account gets the following error: HTTP Error 401.3 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to an ACL set on the requested resource. The website is runnning on SBS2003 and i created the website myself before installing CRM. The folder where the webdata is stored is :\inetpub\MSCRM IUSR account does have the right permissions.. I cannot find any messages in the IIS website logfile I found some articles about this error, but i do not know where to start because they assume you have the w...

Controlling printed records when report bound to multiple tables
I created a report that uses the control from a form to generate a report based on that record's primary key. This form also has a subform which has relationships tied to the primary key for record identification and is linked to the main table. When preview the report the data from the subform either does not show up in the preview when using the filter [control]=[form]![control].[value] or makes multiple copies of the report equal to the number of entries in the subform's table. Is there any way around this? I have tried queries but have not found a way to use a f...

Can't get the proper display of a field in my report.
I have 2 tables, both using autonumbers for their primary key. The first table is for contacts (i.e. last name, first name, etc.). The second table is for businesses (business name, etc.) I have a field in my contacts table that has a number format so it can be used as a foreign key for the business table. I then set up the relationship between them & enforced referential integrity. When I run a query, I see the name of the business (after setting up a combo box) - no problem. When I run a report based on that query, a number is displayed (not the business name). Suggestions, pleas...

Date format in a report
The date is formatted in my table in yyyy/mmm/dd. In one report I need to run for another organization the format needs to be in dd/mmm/yyyy format. How can I change the way it displays in the report? I do not want to change it in the table as I generally want the format to be yyyy/mmm/dd. -- Charlie You can simply use either the format property for the control or you can use the Format() if you need to set the format to something that doesn't already exist. Format([YourDataFieldName],"dd/mmm/yyyy") -- Hope this helps, Daniel Pineault http://www.carda...

2007
Project desktop expert, new to Project Server 2007 and working with a sandbox implementation currently. When I use the PWA Build Team...Replace to replace a generic resource on a project with an actual named resource after first publishing a plan, my updates don't appear to be reflected in Project Server. If I check out and open the Project Plan in MSP Pro, however, the updates were made, and then if I publish the schedule, the updates appear in server. I thought when you made resource updates using PWA that they should be reflected immediately (or as soon as the request...

Outlook Web Access attachment problem
We have a program that will generate a .snp file and then email it to whatever recipient it needs to go to. If they receive the email in Outlook it will allow them to open the file properly with the Snapshot viewer. However, if they go to the same email in OWA and try to save the attachment, it attempts to save it as an .mdb file. Why would OWA ignore the original extension and try to give it a different one? "Joe Giddings" <j_nospam_giddings@thehammocksource.com> wrote in news:jI9gd.11726$ta5.6952@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net: > We have a program that will genera...

Permissions is not allowing me to use my print preview.
Help! Don't understand My Permission in Excel. Even though I unrestrict, it still doesn't allow me to Preview my documents. How do I reset? Please Help, ...

With a Query in Access 2007, How can I Create This Query
I need a query that will list all records in table 1 for which there are no auditor records (Table 3). Somehow, I need to use the relationship between tables 2 and 3 to find what's not in table 1. The following query gives me a list of all records that do have auditor records. I'm at a dead end on this one. Query SELECT PTOTNamesTbl.PTOTAuditingTherapist, PTOTAuditingTherapist.PTOTFirstName, PTOTAuditingTherapist.PTOTLastName, AuditDetailInitialEval.TherapistLastName, PTOTNamesTbl.PTOTFirstName, PTOTNamesTbl.PTOTLastName, AuditDetailInitialEval.Medicare, AuditDet...

URL access
Is URL access possible in a view of "account" in CRM3.0? In addition, can you hand search condition? Hello, I searched the SDK for this, but only found out about URL addressable forms. Seems to me like you have to write a custom ASP.NET web application (grid) to write this behavior. Anyone else? Best regards, Merijn van Mourik "a-kun" wrote: > Is URL access possible in a view of "account" in CRM3.0? > In addition, can you hand search condition? ...

Report Detail section coding
Is there a way I can know when the detail section of report moves to the first record of a new group. Something like..... If Me.DetailSection.BOF Then I am using Access 2007 Any help is always appreciated. Thanks, Wally wallymeister wrote: >Is there a way I can know when the detail section of report moves to the >first record of a new group. Something like..... > >If Me.DetailSection.BOF Then > >I am using Access 2007 Add a text box to the detail section and set its expression to =1 and RunningSum property to Over Group. The value of the te...

Printing in excel always comes out in bold even tho bold not on
When I print in excel my work always comes out in bold even though the bold is not switched on. Any suggestions?? It could be a printer setting. Does it print in bold from other applications? Regards, Fred "Scarlett50" <Scarlett50@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DF3BAEA1-4D22-449E-BB8F-31DD8855AF20@microsoft.com... > When I print in excel my work always comes out in bold even though the > bold > is not switched on. Any suggestions?? No only when I have to type a report in excel - the actual report is ok on other computers! but...

lotus approach queries VS access queries.
Hi, We are migrationg from approach to access. My basic underastanding of the procedure is that the data has to be migrated and all the other features like forms and reports have to be recreated. Is 'Approach query' different from MS Access query? Can this be assumed to be replaced by Access query? cheers, Nuti ...

Access 2007 combobox will not "Auto expand"
I have a database converted from access 2003 to 2007. Now ALL comboxes will not allow the "autoexpand" functionality. Obviously I set this property to yes (both in the properties window AND programmatically). Most, but not all, of the comboboxes are populated by queries on ODBC coupled MSSQL tables. Again, in 2003, this worked fine. Anybody an idea ? Thanks in advance for any suggestions, Jos --------------= Posted using GrabIt =---------------- ------= Binary Usenet downloading made easy =--------- -= Get GrabIt for free from http://www.shemes.com/ =- ...

Report of Employees not paid
What do you think would be the easiest way to generate a report for a pay period showing anyone who had not been paid that pay period--like a payroll exception report for anyone with wages = 0 for a given pay period. Thanks! -- Debbie from Wipfli It's easy to do outside of GP. If you had MS Access or can write a SQL query in SQL Server Query Analyzer, you join the Employee Master table (UPR00100) with the Check History Table (UPR30100) but restrict it to where the values in the joined fields in the Check History table are null. MS Access has a wizard that will create the query for...

Open 2003 files with 2007
Hello all, I just upgraded my Office 2003 with Office 2007 on an EP Pro machine. The only snaffoo I find(so far..) is with Excel 2007. When I double-click on an Excel 2003 file, Excel 2007 starts up just fine, BUT my file is not displayed. At that point if I click the Restore button up at top-right, the file appears when Excel is restored up or down, then all is well. Anyone have any idea whats up with that and how to fix it??? Thanks John Lots of people have complained that when they doubleclick on a file in windows explorer, that the workbook doesn't seem to show up in xl20...

odbc connection with access comma is not showing
I have made a ODBC connection between NAVISION and Access. When I run the query a number "23" shows up as "2300000". I think the comma is not showing maybe because of setting problem. I do not know how to fix this. In the Navsion database figures are correct. sounds like a ODBC driver problem. Probably due to precision see http://dynamicsuser.net/forums/t/6072.aspx Pieter "Remko Strik" <Remko Strik@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F83F3871-DDCB-44E7-BC50-6CAD87659284@microsoft.com... >I have made a ODBC connection between NAVISION ...

generate report thru pracle to excell
Recently i upgraded to ms office 2003 since then I'm not able to generate reports thru oracle unto excell (online ). But when I log in an administrator in the local system I'm able to generate the report. the same does not happen with domain users ...

Printing in reverse order
I have printed out nearly 500 letters to be mailed out using mailmerge and publisher. I would like to not run them through the printer again and print address info on the reverse side so they can be run through a folding machine and mailed out. PROBLEM: the list and the pages are in reverse order and since I merged personal info on one side, the address side must correspond. Can publisher print out in reverse? I have tried copies from 500 - 1 but it still print from 1 - 500. The original list was not sorted in any manner, it was exported from a database. Suggestions please... TIA R...

report prefiltering does not work for custom entity
Please help. I've been trying for days but can't get the reports prefiltering to work for my custom entity. I created a simple report with the CRMAF_ prefix and deploy to the CRM server. The report works fine and display all data OK. Except the pre filter does not work i.e. the "Edit Filter" button does not show. My question is: Does report prefiltering works for custom entity? I saw a lot of posts regarding this topic and tried all the suggestions i could find, but still no luck. I tried the microsoft tutorial in creating a prefilterable report base on the account...

Report: "You have no transactions for the item you selected."
Hi, I've run into a glitch I can't figure out. I'm working with the Monthly income and expenses report. There are amounts listed under the Income - Unassigned category. When I double-click the category to see the transactions, I get the message in the Subject. I did a split-half search to find the supposed account that it registering the amount, but cannot find any transactions that are in error. I tried a Standard Repair without any change. Help! I should add that this is Money 2007. "Robert Berus" <rberus@columbus.rr.com> wrote in message news:OFn...

how to compare 2 values in a report (Invoice Total vs Payments)
while running a report how would I set a message "out of balance" if my invoice amount (Table 1 ) does not equal the value of my total payments (table 2). If the values were the same then no message would be printed. Thank You Create a new command button to check the report before you print it. You will have to enter code for the button along the lines of: If [Invoice Total] <> [Payments] Then MsgBox "This account is out of balance" Endif "Rita" wrote: > while running a report how would I set a message "out of balance" if > my invo...

Report repeats a field
Example: John Smith 2,14 5,27 3,18 John Smith 3,17 4,27 7,34 John Smith 1,22 6,57 8,92 I want that the report shows a name(John Smith) only one time like this: John Smith 2,14 5,27 3,18 3,17 4,27 7,34 1,22 6,57 8,92 The report get the informations from a Query that get the information from a table. One way to do this would be to set the "name" control's Hide Duplicates property to Yes. Another way to do this would be to use Sorting & Grouping, then Gro...

2007 Beta
Aside from a couple of niggles I quite like this. Will Beta users get any updates/fixes before final version of 2007 is released? It's impossible to say. That's up to Microsoft.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx =20 "Jeff" <jeffxx@hotmail.com> wrote in message = news:A0Ehg.18242$A8.10806@clgrps12... > Aside from ...

Linked Table Manager Doesn't Work in Access 2003
I recently upgraded to Access 2003 and have found that the menu option: Tools/Database Utilities/Linked Table Manager no longer works correctly for re-linking my front end database to the backend. No tables show in the table list. If I click “Select All” and then fill in the path to the backend database I get the following error message: Method ‘List’ of object ‘IfieldListWnd’ failed. As a work around I have to delete all the table links from the front-end and then File/Get External Data/Link Tables. Is anybody else having this problem? Thanks in advance for your help. "...

Access violation in CDaoQueryDef::Open or CSimpleStringT::GetLength(). VC++ 6.0 app compiled in Visual C++ .NET
Hi, I have a problem using DAO in Visual C++ .net Standard edition. We have an old project created in Visual C++ 6.0 Professional. The projects compiles, links ok (with a lot of warnings telling the DAO-classes are deprecated). The compiled program executes ok until I am about to access the database. Some accesses goes ok, but some are not. It is always the same databse accesses that the program crashes on. The database that I'm using is Access 97. I also have tried converting it to 2000 and 2002. In this function the crash occurs in daocore.cpp: void CDaoQueryDef::Open(LPCTSTR lpszName...