Special Characters in Forms and Reports

Access 2003, Report

I have a report that has a status field with three options: Complete
(Green Checkmark), In Progress (Yellow Triangle), or Not on Track (Red
X)

The Red X is no problem, but I am looking for a solution for the arrow
and the triangle.

Looking at ascii characters, 1 through 255 there isn't a triangle.  It
would need to be color filled anyway.  Any suggestions on how to
accomplish this?  I tried creating my own using bmp files but they
don't display correctly in the report.

Thanks for any suggestions.

RBollinger

0
robboll

robboll,
   Try the symbol fonts like Dixieland, WebDings, or WingDings.
   Or even some of those "weirdo" fonts like "Cyrillic-Bantu-Chinese-Greek" (Western) too.
(just kidding on that... but do check the odd fonts before giving up)
--
hth
Al Campagna . Candia Computer Consulting . Candia, NH USA

"Find a job that you love, and you'll never work a day in your life."

"robboll" <robboll@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Access 2003, Report
>
> I have a report that has a status field with three options: Complete
> (Green Checkmark), In Progress (Yellow Triangle), or Not on Track (Red
> X)
>
> The Red X is no problem, but I am looking for a solution for the arrow
> and the triangle.
>
> Looking at ascii characters, 1 through 255 there isn't a triangle.  It
> would need to be color filled anyway.  Any suggestions on how to
> accomplish this?  I tried creating my own using bmp files but they
> don't display correctly in the report.
>
> Thanks for any suggestions.
>
> RBollinger

0
Al

Income & Expenses Report
I am confused by the Transfers at the end of the Income & Expenses report. It seems to double count on the bottom line. If I purchase $1000 in stock from my savings, the transfer shows a -$1000 (negative because I have taken $1000 out of my cash and transfered it to an investment). If I sell that stock for $1500. My report shows $500 capital gain in income, and a positive tranfers of $1500 (positive because I have transfered the money back into my cash). However these are added and thus shows a positive $2000 on the bottom line. It doubled the bottom line impact of the capital...

Reporting software
What kinda reporting software out there that people are using? I would like to be able to see who is sending/recieving the most mail internally and to the internet. I also would like to be able to see how much mail is being sent to my distribution lists. I am looking at a couple different products I found on msexchange.org's website but any info/advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Jason On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 08:49:25 -0600, "JasonMeyer" <jason.meyer@nospam.isd623.org> wrote: > >What kinda reporting software out there that people are using? I woul...

Linking queries on a report
Hello all, I built a number of queries that all tie to the same table. Each query sorts the data differently, but comes from the same data source. I would like to show the results of these queries on the same report, but I get and error message that the wizard can't connect the queries. How can I display multiple queries on the same report. I've tried subreports, but they don't seem to export as well. Thanks b Brennan What does "export" have to do with this? If I have multiple sets of results I want to show in one place, I create an empty "main"...

In role Form\insertAction\sendEmail\description(please help)
hi add date field to this section ,but when I recieve this Email I cant see datefield ...

How do you get the maximum value to display in text box form
In a form, if I have 4 text boxes and 3 of them will contain a number. How do you get the maximum value to display in the 4th. I have tried many different things, I can make it work for a single field in a table, but that finds the value through all records. I just want it to display the max value from the numbers on the form, which could be different for various records. You could use something like this as the Control Source of the 4th text box (the underscore is for ease of reading here, and must be removed from the Control Source): =IIf([Field1]>[Field2] And [Field1]>[Field3],...

Form creates unwanted rows in table
I've created an asset database which keeps track of computers, laptops etc. There is one company which has many departments and every department has many rooms. (surprise, surprise) There are four tables: tables Department and Asset and two "middle" tables DepartmentRoom and AssetRoom. The table structures are as follows: DEPARTMENT id name dep_type dep_num etc... ASSET id name a_type ip_num vendorID serial_num etc... DEPARTMENTROOM id name depID (foreign key to department) ASSETROOM id assetID (foreign key to asset) roomID (foreign key to depa...

Parameterized Report
Hi all! Does anyone know how to send parameter eg. invoiceid to the custom report in MSCRM? I want to be able to display crystal report of a selected invoice by clicking a button in the CRM toolbar. Any help is greately appreciated. Thanks in advance. Rgds, Christine ...

Sums and percentages in reports
I have the following field in report's detail area: =Count([Cause]=1) (where 1 refers to a row of a table's dropdown) at the report footer I have the following sum for that column: =Sum(Abs([Cause]=1)) with the Runnin Sum - Over All. The calculation comes out correc so I'm assuming the formulas are correct. However, when I try to get a Percentage by deviding the field formula with the footer formula I don't get the correct answer. Can someone help me with this formula? You have told us what you attempted but it isn't clear what you want to accomplish. Your expres...

Removing Subreport from Main Report
Hi All~ I have a main report that contains 6 subreports. Each subreport has a graph in the detail section and information in the report header (which is needed to clarify each graph). If there is no data in the graph, I want to remove the entire subreport (and basically allow the one below to "move up"). I have tried playing with the NoData event of the subreport but since there is info in the report header it does not ever seem to work. I think i need some type of code on the OnOpen event of the main report that verifies if there is data in the subreport graph and if not...

Customer Statement Crystal Report
Hi! Does anyone have a Customer Statement in Crystal format? Thanks -- Marisol Mortera Marisol, Your question is very generic. If you could be a little more precise, then I might have what you need. Girish "Marisol" wrote: > Hi! > > Does anyone have a Customer Statement in Crystal format? > > Thanks > -- > Marisol Mortera I am trying to build a crystal report for customer statements as well. The Great Plains one is very difficult to work with. If you have an example of this report in crystal, please email it at staceyleelee@hotmail.com Stacey &quo...

Kits in Sales Report
Is there a way for a kit to be broke out on the detailed sales report to refect the items that were sold instead of the acual kit? I hate to open a can of worms here, but you could do it by changing the query in the report (Sales - Detailed Sales Report.qrp, I believe) and then you can alter the columns to reflect the new query. -- -Jerry JR Data Inc. "annihil8or@msn.com" wrote: > Is there a way for a kit to be broke out on the detailed sales report to > refect the items that were sold instead of the acual kit? did you find a way to list kit sales details? -- Lasting...

Report Total Broker Commissions for year
Hi: I can't seem to figure out how to get a report on my investments with a broker how much I paid them in commissions for the year. I entered the commission with each buy or sell transaction from the confirmation statement from the broker so I know the data is there. -- Betty In microsoft.public.money, Betty wrote: > > >I can't seem to figure out how to get a report on my investments with a >broker how much I paid them in commissions for the year. I entered the >commission with each buy or sell transaction from the confirmation statement >from the broker s...

FRx errors with emailing reports
A customer is receiving error messages when emailing FRx reports - they don't seem to affect anything, the reports are sent and received via email and FRx doesn't close but with every report that they send, they get the same message. "Drill Down Viewer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." DrillDown Viewer closes, FRx remains open. We have checked all of the settings to enable email, everything seems to be OK and the reports do get sent, just an annoyance having the message pop up every time. Has anyone seen this before...

Data entry forms
Is it possible to create a data entry form in outlook (2003 or 2007) where the user could fill-in fields... and then send it back to the originator? If so, how? What is it called in outlook so I can look it up further? QB You can use Custom Forms for this or use InfoPath if you have that installed for your users as well. A good resource to get you started with custom forms and VBA see; http://www.outlookcode.com -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more h...

Making custom form default for contacts
Hello: I am a beginner with Outlook. I am a new hire in a department that uses Outlook contact information in a Word Mail Merge process. I am teaching myself how this all works, and have been doing ok, but I am struggling with forms, particularly the form used for contacts. I don't have any problems modifying the form (for example to add FirstName and LastName fields), but I am very confused about how to get Outlook to use my modified form instead of the default custom contacts form. It seems to me that this should be a simple property setting, but I've had no luck tinkering w...

Calculating dates & creating reports
I need to design a database that will calculate due dates for evaluations. It will have 5 dates. 4 are calculated. These dates need to be on a form along with the employee's name and other vital info. The user should be able to enter that Start Date and have all the other dates calculate automatically. There are approximately 55 employees! The first date (Start Date) is entered by the user. Example: User enters Start Date: 2/01/07. #2 Next Date is 91 days from 2/1/07, which calculates to 5/03/07. #3 Six Month Date is 182 days from Start Date, which calculates to 8/02...

How do I submit a bug report to Microsoft for Outlook 2010?
I went to a support site, but they wanted to charge me a minimum of $99! For me to submit a bug report, I think NOT! The bug is that when I reply to a message that is another folder besides the INBOX, my default setting is that the reply message is also saved in that folder. That usually works, but at times the reply message still shows up in the SENT MESSAGES folder. -ah Andrew Hamilton wrote: > I went to a support site, but they wanted to charge me a minimum of > $99! For me to submit a bug report, I think NOT! > > The bug is that when I reply to a message that is another...

Report to Filter on Next Date Per File
I have a docketing report which reports any action due for a particular file. Theses actions are future dates. A file can have multiple actions due. For example: File ABC12345 Action 6/1/2010 Letter to Client Action 6/9/2010 Payment Due Action 12/10/2010 Status Check File CYO4457 Action 3/1/2011 Letter re Exam Action 6/4/2011 Annuity Due I need to write a report which will only give me the next action due. Using my example the output would be like the following: File ABC12345 Action 6/1/2010 Letter to Client Fil...

Michigan Wage Report
Is it possible to create the Michigan Quarterly Wage for electronic filing in GP 9.0? I am going to write a app in MS Access to create it, but wanted to check if it is available elsewhere. ...

Cannot export to Excel in Crystal report (cr8)
Hi, I have an application written in vb6 and uses cr8 Crystal report. In the past, the end users were able to export the report to Excel...They have an option of Exporting to Excel 5, 7 and 8. But lately, they were not able to do so, export to Excel will just close the application down without any warning. We all currently have Office 2007 installed, and I am not sure if that is the cause of the issue. But when I export the report from my development machine I have this option to pick "Excel 97-2000" (I don’t' see the "Excel 5, 7, 8" option at all)...

Report names in listbox
I recently upgraded to Access 2007 and am having some trouble with the changes. I have a form with a listbox in which I would like to display the names of all the reports in the database. I've tried using the following as the rowsource for the listbox, but in form view nothing is displayed. Does anyone know how to do this? TIA, Ken Warthen kenwarthen@gmail.com "SELECT MSysObjects.Name FROM MSysObjects WHERE (((Left([Name],1))<"~") AND ((MSysObjects.Type)=-32764)) ORDER BY MSysObjects.Name;" I think you made a slight typo. Try (((Left([Name],1))<>&quo...

zeros in the report
Reports-Sales-SalesAnalysis-AccountDue This report is showing item where the invoices are paid and the balance due is zero, making it a very long report. I have tried remove paid transactions and and reconcilling but neither works to handle this problem. Any ideas? Thanks Leslie May we assume that you selected to exclude zero balance accounts in the Sales Analysis Report Options window? "LASM" wrote: > Reports-Sales-SalesAnalysis-AccountDue > > This report is showing item where the invoices are paid and the balance due > is zero, making it a very long repor...

Reporting Sevices help!!!
Hi Guys, I need to know if there is a way to change the Reporting Services Reports in CRM to swith the est. Revenue field used to a seperate field. I'm doing a multi currency customisation all my user will be using different currency price lists e.g. euro price list, yen price list etc. I'm then doing a calculation to take each account opportunities etc est. revenue and put it in usd which is the reporting currency. the usd est revenue is stored in a seperate field calle new_estrevenueusd and i want this field to be used for all reports instead of the original est. revenue fiel...

Reporting Services error when reinstalling DPM 07
I'm in the process of upgrading DPM 2007 to 2010. I did the O/S upgrade from 2003 to 2008 Server. Now I'm trying to re-install DPM 2007 and I can't get past the prerequisite check. The error is below: Setup has detected that the installation of Reporting Services is not correctly configured or no instance of Reporting Services is linked to of SQL Server. 1)To use the local dedicated MS$DPM2007$ instance with DPM, uninstall SQL Server and run setup again. 2)To use the option of installing DPM with an existing instance of SQL Server, make sure that the Reporting ...

DPM 2007, protection report shows 57% and 37% long term-not accura
i'm puzzled by the protection reports we've been getting.. they used to say 110% or 100% etc for percentage avalable.. Now its more like 57 short term and 37 long term, but this makes no sense, because when i look at the protection group status, all the points are green and up to date.. and when the tape runs, there are no errors and it succeeds with 4 tapes consumed (800GBx4).. our size of data is roughly 2500GB.. Any ideas why it would report this? I need an accurate report for quality assurance iso type details, otherwise i have to explain the report itself is u...