Sorting and Grouping Window has stopped popping up

Access sort and group option has stopped working for some reason.
Re-installed Access, no help.  Any ideas?  I have to build a new report,
using the report wizard, to access the grouping and sorting options.  It's
quite a handicap.

sdcasch,

When you say has stopped popping up, there is a button on the Menu Bar that
will hide/unhide that dialog...  Has that stopped working?

--
Gina Whipp

II

"sdcasch" <sdcasch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Access sort and group option has stopped working for some reason.
> Re-installed Access, no help.  Any ideas?  I have to build a new report,
> using the report wizard, to access the grouping and sorting options.  It's
> quite a handicap.

0
Gina
12/11/2009 1:24:42 AM
Is it possible that you have changed your screen resolution to something
smaller and the Dialog is popping up "off screen"?

Try setting your screen resolution to as high as it will go and then try
getting the dialog.  If this works then all you will need to do is to
reposition the dialog before closing it.

John Spencer
Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2009
The Hilltop Institute
University of Maryland Baltimore County

Gina Whipp wrote:
> sdcasch,
>
> When you say has stopped popping up, there is a button on the Menu Bar that
> will hide/unhide that dialog...  Has that stopped working?

0
John

Windows Live Messenger crash on Windows 7 startup
Windows Live Messenger crashes at Windows 7 startup, it happens everytime I boot my PC, if I start WLM manually it will work, how can I delay the startup of Windows Live Messenger so it starts after all other devices and services have initialized? Thanks. I have the same issue, wish someone could help with this?! "thijazi" wrote: > Windows Live Messenger crashes at Windows 7 startup, it happens everytime I > boot my PC, if I start WLM manually it will work, how can I delay the startup > of Windows Live Messenger so it starts after all other devices and s...

Windows 98 GDI limitation
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0022_01C46289.7E77D280 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, Does anybody know how to display in CView classes large amounts of data, = divided in pages? I am having some troubles with Windows 98 limitation = on CRect objects (Windows 98 GDI functions can only handle values = between -32768 and 32767). Using MM_LOMETRIC (0.01 mm), for instance, gives me a limit of = aproximately 650 cm document. Is there any kind of 'HowTo' or article on this issue...

SQL query how to count rows in a group by
I want to count the rows of a query I'm running, but I'm already using the count function with my group by. Here's my query: select email, count(*) from customer group by email having count(email) >1 this just gives me every email and the email count, which is correct, but I just want to know how many rows this gives, not the data passed back I'd like to select count(email, count(*)) from customer group by email having count (email)>1 On Jan 12, 2:40=A0pm, Cindy Lee <danparker...@yahoo.com> wrote: > I want to count the rows of a query I'm ...

Unable to create protection Group For Hyper-V in DPM 2010
Hello Guy's, On DPM2010-RC, when I try to select the Hyper-V part of an added host, I get the following error: --------------- One or more prerequisites for protecting this data source is missing. Ensure that the following prerequisite software is installed on bucksrv02.bciglobal.nl and/or all nodes in the cluster: Windows Server 2008 with Knowledge Base article 948465 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/948465) AND Knowledge Base article 971394 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971394) - OR - Windows Server 2008 R2 with Knowledge Base article 975921(http://support.microsoft.c...

Outlook 2003 Reminders Window
Is it possible to customize the font (or even the font size) of the OL2003 reminders window? - Robert Not that I know of unless it is a Windows setting. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, AbilitySys asked: | Is it possible to customize the font (or even the font size) of the | OL2003 reminders window? |=20 | - Robert Hmmm.... I've changed every "appearance" option in Windows that relates to text...

group sections in a report to print or generate subreport
Hello all, Is it possible to generate a report (or a subreport) that will allow a separate report for each server (for grouping and printing purposes) if I have many server names (with DB, Apps, etc.) in one huge report. Maybe using a button on the large, main report (with all server names) to print the server name on the current page along with the server's information? Or instead of printing maybe there could be another button that could generate a subreport of that current page's server and it's information? My question is: After generating a report, how does one go about gr...

windows nt mfc??.dll version
Hello, I would like to know which version of mfc??.dll is shipped with an installation of windows NT 4.0. Greeting Marco Try finding this information from the DLL Help database. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=/servicedesks/fileversion/dll info.asp&SD=MSDN&FR=0 -- Cheers Check Abdoul [ VC++ MVP ] ----------------------------------- "Marco Jonker" <mjonker1@acta.nl> wrote in message news:#T3DFTReDHA.3708@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > I would like to know which version of mfc??.dll is shipped with an > installation of window...

Application becomes slow in windows server 2003
When i run my application(supports unicode) which i made in MFC(microsoft visual studio 6.0) on windows server 2003 running very slowly. While this application runs perfectly on winxp/win2000. My application open hard drive and read data from it. Please suggest how to improve the performance. On Dec 9, 10:58=A0am, "Ashish" <akohli_2...@hotmail.com> wrote: > When i run my application(supports unicode) which i made in MFC(microsoft > visual studio 6.0) on windows server 2003 running very slowly. While this > application runs > perfectly on winxp/win200...

windows explorer will not open an excel spreadsheet.
my excel spreadsheets will open correctly with the excel/file/open command, but will not open from windows explorer. when i click on a spreadsheet in explorer, only the excel application opens, with a blank spreadsheet. i can then open the desired spreadsheet with the file/open command. Sometimes one of these works: Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications (uncheck it) --- or --- Close Excel and Windows Start Button|Run excel /unregserver then Windows Start Button|Run excel /regserver The /unregserver & /regserver stuff resets the windows registry to excel's factory d...

Sort parameters #2
Hey all, I have a worksheet that has 12 columns and 50 rows. I want to sort by various columns, do I need to select the entire worksheet so that the information is sorted correctly? Here is an example of my sort first name - last name - age - phone # - address - zip code I want to say "sort by last name" or "sort by age" Thanks! Abe, Select all the used columns in your worksheet, e.g., A:L, then go to the Data menu, choose Sort, and select the column by which you want the data sorted. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consult...

balances change when sorting by month!!!!!!
When i am looking at my transactions over the past 3 months or even a year, if I decide to change the registry view to sort by a month, it changes all my balances and throws everything off. Can someone please help me out? --------------= Posted using GrabIt =---------------- ------= Binary Usenet downloading made easy =--------- -= Get GrabIt for free from http://www.shemes.com/ =- In microsoft.public.money, Travis Hedrick wrote: >When i am looking at my transactions over the past 3 months or even a year, if I decide to change the registry view to sort by a month, it changes all ...

Windows XP freezes after start-up
Hi, My dad brought me his laptop and asked me to fix it :-) He did a complete system clean using ad-aware and since then, the windows XP freezes right after startup. The laptop will boot up in safe mode. In normal mode, there's normally no user selection screen and password entering, it goes straight to his profile. He is using Win XP SP3. Beyond checking that it boots in safe mode, I haven't managed to do much. I searched on the internet and while many people seem to have this problem, I have yet to find a solution for it. I have tried running "chkdsk /f" ...

Disabling title bar click to restore window size
Hi, I have a dialog based MFC appilcation (using Visual Studio 2005) which can be in either one or two states: Full screen or minimized to an icon in the task bar. I have the minimize button (upper right in the title bar) enabled and the maximize/restore button disabled. Everything works fine, the application starts up and occupies the entire screen. When I press the minimize button, the application iconizes into the task bar. When I click that icon it reappears occupying the whole screen again. As I mentioned, the maximize/ restore button is disabled and indeed that does not do anything...

can't close the PO Entry window in GP9
A user created a PO and printed it. He opened it again and didn't know what's gotten to him, he deleted the line items. Now we couldn't close the PO Entry window. We even tried to put the item back to the line but it said we can't change item once the PO has been released. Before I'm going to shutdown the computer to close the GP app., please anyone could shed some lights of how to close the PO Entry window in a nicer way. Many thanks. Are you getting an error trying to close the window? Or is it just not responding? -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible...

Create button to sort records
I have a form that lists inventory parts. By default it lists them in alphabetical order by PartNo. There are many times when the user needs to see them in order by Description instead. Is there a way that I can create a button to do this, and then a button to put it back in order by PartNo. I know that the user can right-click on the field and click "Sort Ascending", but some users aren't comfortable with that. Thanks, Darrell Paste the function below into a standard module. You can then put a button on your form, and sort by your [Description] field by setting its On Cli...

Sorting across columns in Excel 2003
I'm using Office 2003 and the Excel module. I have a spreadsheet with 3 columns. Columns A and C include names and phone number of people. Column B is just a blank divider. If I have the sheet alphabetized, with 10 names and numbers in column A and 10 in column B, I occasionally will go to the sheet and add someone else's name. I add it either at the bottom of column A or C. I then highlight A and C and ask to have it sorted alphbetically. Can't do it!! Only thing I've been able to do is "cut" the 10 names from column C and paste them under the 10 names in col...

Routing internet mail from routing group?
If someone has a spare moment, could you please confirm this response I received from another newsgroup. Thanks. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------ Benoit, I appreciate your response. I continue to have an argument with a colleague about this though. What we both cannot understand is why, from Site B, mail bound for the internet will not simply flow through the default SMTP virtual server? Does the RGC take precedence? Or does the SMTP connector in the other site take precedence because of it's global...

Windows Live Communication Platform Has Stopped Working
Everytime the Desktop Application WLM is be used to Add a new Contact, "Windows Live Communication Platform Has Stopped Working" message appeas and the WML desktop application is forced to shut down. Deleting folder: "%userprofile%\local settings\application data\microsoft\Windows Live Contacts" sometimes will temporarily fix the problem. How do I permanently fix this issue? See if this update applies to you Update to the Windows Live Communications Platform http://messengergeek.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!E3785B1281BBDA1!4771.entry -- Mike - http://...

limit window size to menu/toolbar ???
Hi! I am creating a MFC-app using VC++.NET and I my main.window doenst have a view, it should just display a menu and a toolbar. how can I limit the vertical size of the window to the size of menu + toolbar ? any help with this would be greatly appreciated, thanx in advance! best regards, Hans ------------------------------------------------------ My eMail-address has been changed due to spam. eMail-replies can be sent to hpesata@chello.at You can use dialog. Set size of the dialog to the size of menu and toolbar. Vince "Hans Pesata" <dummy.user@dummy.com> д���ʼ� ne...

Can't select storage group to create mailbox
Hi, I have an problem where the Help Desk is starting to create mailboxes in AD. When they get to the screen to create the mailbox they can select the server but no storage groups appear. I'm pretty sure it is some sort of permissions problem. The Help Desk has the role of Exchange View Only Admin. If someone can let me know what I am doing wrong that would be great. Thanks! Scott Good afternoon Scott, First thing to check - do your helpdesk operators have exchange view only role assigned to the administrative group? Joe "sabel@1800flowers.com" wrote: > Hi, > ...

Credit Note Application made simpler ie on one window
With all the wonderful new technology being developed would it be possible to consider making the Apply To windows easier to use? Something similar to the Edit Cheques window which would allow multiple credit documents to be selected and allocated at the same time rather than the individual selection process of the moment. This is a constant source of irritation for many of our clients and it would be great to see it as an addition to the system - soon! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for ...

Grouping 01-25-08
I am trying to develop a report which groups on a unique number and then subgroups on the addresses. Here is an example, a single address (street, city, st, zip code) could have 5 unique numbers. I would like to group by the full address including the name and show all 5 unique number below. Would this be possible to do? Thanks, Mike In the Sorting & Grouping window, select the address field (is it a single field? or separate fields? -- Ken Snell <MS ACCESS MVP> ) as the first row, then select the unique number field as the second row. If the address parts are in s...

How to reboot Windows 2000 using C++?
Hi I am trying to use the ExitWindowsEx() funtion to reboot Windows 2000 from my program (Using VC++), but an error message pops up - "Could not reboot the computer....Please do so at this time". And, the PC will not reboot. Can anyone tell me how to reboot Windows 2000 using C++ or how to solve this problem Thanks P/S: This function works on Windows 98. I think, I have already answered this... :-) "joseph" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6B2A68C7-C018-47A7-B814-91489A8F364B@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I am trying to use the...

Group/ungroup Objects in Access 2007
How do I group objects such as text boxes on a report in Access 2007? I thought that was something I could do in 2003 and it seems to have disappeared. Any suggestions? ...

spellcheck windows vista mail
I have the same problem as Karo. I need to know haw to fix. I don't keep posts forever and don't see Kero's. What problem do you have? -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Herb" <Herb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:46939404-8F1E-48CD-AAC3-12EC6D795AA5@microsoft.com... >I have the same problem as Karo. I need to know haw to fix. -- How do I get spell check to work for english? Is there a setting I need to use? "Herb" wrote: > I have the same problem as Karo. I n...