Slow Printing vs Word

I am creating a 4x4 label as a report in Access for Inventory Control.  When
I print the report out of Access it pauses between label prints.  So if I
print 4 copies it pauses for about 2-3 seconds between prints.  If I create
and print that exact same label out of Word it prints all copies
consecutively without any pauses.

I'm using 2003.  Any ideas?

reports that print after the stock count
Hello: To the best of my knowledge, the only report that automatically prints at the end of a stock count is the exceptions report. A client claimed that, during last month's stock count, a "quantity report" of some sort automatically printed. They conducted a stock count this month and were surprised not to see this "quantity report" automatically print. I don't think that there is a such thing as a "quantity report" printed after a stock count. Is there? I advised the client to print the Historical Stock Status Report, since this other report...

Printing Problems
When printing calendar event or a note Outlook fail with an error. The printers work fine with emails. Does any one have a suggestion on how to correct this problem? Thanks, Steve ...

Access 2002 vs. 2003 stability
This may be my own problem, but in Access 2002, I find the program frequently crashes. Its not limited to any particular db. Additionally, I get out of memory errors, and "Access must shut down" at least 10 times a week. Access 2000 rarely did this. I would happily upgrade to 2003 if there were some indication of an increase in stability. No mention of stability at the products page at MS. Does anyone else end up with copies of "database_backup2 ... database_backup23.mdb" when using 2002, or is this just me? Are there issues I'm unaware of that have been address...

Word was unable to compare the documents
I have two 147 page Word 2007 documents that I am trying to compare that also contain equations. When I try to compare them, Word generates the following error: Word was unable to compare the documents I am not really finding anything useful using Google to search so I am posting here. I did find KB978398, requested the hotfix, and after installing the hotfix I still have the same error. Suggestions? Thanks! ...

Splitting a cell that has word wrap as the delimiter
Hi - I have an excel cell that has name on one line, then alt+enter, address on the next line, then alt+enter, state on the next line, etc... I want to split them - I tried using Data Text to Columns, but I can't figure out to use the Alt+enter as the delimiter. Any ideas? Check other and place the cursor in the box, hold down Alt while typing 010 on the numpad, release the Alt key -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Leslie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:074301c3c3f9$59b12340$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Hi - > > I have an excel cell that ...

Sequential Numbering in Word 2003 and Recycling unused numbers
Once again, I am stuck in Macro world which is quickly consuming me :) It is though, quite addictive and I am determined to win the fight I'm having with my PC. I work for a company which uses network servers so the document needs to be accessed by different people but not necessarily at the same time. We operate Windows XP Word 2003. I am trying to create a document that will open with a sequential number, but if the document is not used or opened accidentally then the number it has generated needs to be recycled for auditing purposes. I seem to be able to get the number t...

Different style in Word Art between Excel 2003 in PC and 2008 in Mac

Purchase Order Printing
I'm trying to print a modified POP Purchase Order Blank Form to a printer and all that comes out are blank sheets. If I print to screen, I see the report as it should be. As soon as I send it to the printer, I just get blank sheets. The report works correctly on other computers, and I tried re-importing the report on the messed up computer, but it did not resolve the issue. If I just print a blank POP Purchase Order Blank Form to a printer, it prints fine...with X's in every available space in the form. I'm out of ideas, let me know what I can try. Thanks. ...

office 2007--word opens documents using the 1/3 ofcenter space
after overnight updates, office word opens in center 1/3 of avail space. Content on page is too small to read. Office 2007 enterprize, Win 7 ultimate, Acer aspire 6920, 3 gigs ram all 32 bit -- Art Have you tried dragging the Zoom back to 100%? -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Artsr3" <Artsr3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4905DC57-473A-4B50-9FEE-8343D4385A9D@microsoft.com... > after overnight updates, office word opens in center 1/3 of avail space. > Conten...

Where is the Resume Wizard or function for Word on a Mac OSX 10.4
I realize that this seems like a trite question but I really can't find it anywhere on Word in my new Mac. I can see all the other document types, excel, word blank document, etc., but not the resume builder. Any hints. Thanks Hi, The resume wizard has gone away (although I liked it a lot). It looks like the replacement is to go to the Microsoft web site and download a template: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/CT063470421033.aspx I tried downloading this template using Safari: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/TC063685361033.aspx When it came to the Mac it was...

print folder in table style
Hello all, My CU wants to print a list of files in a folder. He use Outlook 2002. Click Other Shortcuts -> My computer -> choose a folder -> Click the print icon on toolbar -> choose Table Style -> print preview The header and footer can be printed properly. However the content is blank. I mean: there is no file in the list. I can print properly at my side. However at the CU side, there are 2000 users encounter the same problem. And there are four kinds of printer. All have this problem. Any suggestion? Thanks! ...

Whats the function to count the total times a word is displayed
Hi .. Which is the best function to use if I wanted to return the total number of times a word or number (criteria) is used within a specified number of cells ...? Example : The product code 'S0459' is used (mentioned) 'X' amount of times within an entire column (specified cells) Thanks in advance ... Sounds like a job for DCOUNT - see formula help.... >-----Original Message----- >Hi .. > >Which is the best function to use if I wanted to return the total number of >times a word or number (criteria) is used within a specified number of cells >.....

Slow print preveiw Excel 2003 SP3
Intermittenly when I click on print preview, it is as if Excel is hanging, it takes a long time before the print preview appears on the screen. Also when I click on "setup" on the print preview screen the same thing happens. Any help will be appreciated. If you change to a different printer, do you have the same problem? If no, then I'd visit the printer's web site and look for newer versions of the printer driver. Gabriel van Rensburg wrote: > > Intermittenly when I click on print preview, it is as if Excel is hanging, it > takes a long time before the print ...

Cell identity when printing comments on separate page

Printing Font color
Can anyone tell me how to print normal text in a color other than black? Have tried all types of fill for text (both black and gray) and still always prints BLACK. Ellen this would be an issue of your printer driver - not Publisher. The issue you describe is unknown in Publisher. However, we can get to the bottom of it for you. What version of Windows and Publisher are you using? Is this 'normal text' in a Text Frame or WordArt? What brand and model of printer are you using? -- ...

2 panel brochure printing in publisher
I am trying to print a 2 panel brochure in publisher and when I print preview everything fits but when it prints pages 1, & 3 get cut off. I would like all the pages to fit and print so the pages are aligned when folded. its an 8x11 normal sheet. I don't know which margins to use to make it print correctly. Please help! Have you setup your brochure as a booklet? Do you know your printers margin limitations? A tutorial is here: http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/horidiag -- Mary Sauer MVP http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Dominikin" <Dominikin@d...

Print Preview
I have posted an excel spreadsheet that colleagues access through Internet Explorer. When the spreadsheet is accessed the print preview command is no longer on the menu, BUT print preview is available in Excel and Internet Explorer normally. I have right clicked the toolbar and the option is just not available. Help!! Stewart Walker MOS Excel Expert (not that good though!) Do you mean that you right clicked the toolbar, chose Customize and then under command tab chose categories, file and the icon was missing from the command list? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.co...

Print a letter from a workflow
Hi, Is it possible to run a workflow that would print a letter. In other words when an accout is created (with certain conditions), letter a is sent t the printer. then wait 2 months then letter b is sent then wait 2 months then letter c is sent. All of these letters would need to be a template (ie with name address tags) Thanks in advance On Dec 8, 7:01=A0pm, Tango <Ta...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, > > Is it possible to run a workflow that would print a letter. > > In other words when an accout is created (with certain conditions), lette= r a > is ...

Gantt Chart Missing One Task Line When Printed
Hello! I am completely stumped here with Project 2007. When printing the gantt chart line 30 of my plan is blank. The line number is there, but the task info and bar is blank. It shows up in print preview. All other lines show up fine and the rest of the project prints fine as per my print settings - just missing one line! Printer drivers are updated, software has current update - anyone ever heard of this? I really appreciate your help! Hi Jean, Do you see a different answer if you turn off 3D bars? Tools > Options, View tab. There were some early problems with 3D ...

Print part of contact list
I have a list of contacts. This contains their names and addresses, phone numbers, etc. I want to print out just their names in one long list. I can't see how to exclude the addresses, etc from this list. Can anyone help here? Thanks Rob Graham Use a mail merge. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Rob graham" <rttgrahamwow@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:X_WdnbHs0L8HlrLbnZ2dnUVZ8vydnZ2d@bt.com... >I have a list of contacts. This contains their names and addresses, phone >numbers, etc. I want to print out just their names in one long list. I >can'...

Slow connection to Exchange
Hi, My Win2k/Sp4 Outlook2000 clients are complaining about very slow access to Exchange2000 email from their Outlook clients. For example : When users are trying to login to their mailbox and click on an email in the inbox creates a delay of 30 - 120 seconds for the email to show in the preview pane. Or clicking on any Outlook folder (Inbox,Outbox etc) creates the same delay. At the same time Outlook is not responding. After the first "login" delay, everything is working fine. This behavor is the same every time they open their mailboxes. There are no network issues on my 1...

Using VBA to Print PDF Files
Hi: My customer has PDF spec sheets for their inventory items. When a pick ticket is printed, they wish to print the PDF spec sheets for each item on the pick tickets. I am very comfortable with the report event structure and know exactly how to get to the PDF files using VBA, but I am having a problem getting the docs printed. I've taken two approaches: 1. Drop ACROPDF.dll onto a User Form in the VBA project. To do this, I created a procedure on the form as shown: Public Sub PrintPDF(FileName As String) AcroPDF1.LoadFile (FileName) AcroPDF1.printAll PDFPrinter.Hide End Sub T...

Word Wrap in Cells
Hiya, Have a strange one. Have word wrap set to on in cell format and have text in paragraphs (using alt-ret) within the cell. Some sentences (all within the same cell)are wrapped but others aren't. Any ideas? New one on me this. Many thanks, Shaun Hi if you have lots of text in your cell (>1000 characters) this could happen -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Shawk" <shawk@clara.co.uk.3guesses> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1103641104.32476.1@demeter.uk.clara.net... > Hiya, > > Have a strange one. Have word wrap set to on in cell format and ha...

excel opens slow
is there a way to increase the speed that excel open.? its funny. all for the other programs such as MS Office XP Word and soforth and even the application that does not relates to MS Office XP opens fast. when trying to observe the process of excel i saw that it goes through Virous scaning and networking which I dont have. what can I do to speedup the opening process of MS Office XP Excel? "Colin2u" <Colin2u@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B4BEA78C-4009-48F0-B0F5-EF63AFBBD3AF@microsoft.com... > is there a way to increase the speed that excel open.? ...

Microsoft Word/Page orientation
In a multi-page document, is it possible to change continuous pages from a page orientation of portrait to landscape and back to portrait again? I have tried this with page breaks inserted but it has not worked yet. I am using Word 2000. Thank you. you need to ask in microsoft.public.word or i could tell you the answer :-) use section breaks "KC" <mykcdog@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:521501c42ca1$4ba0e950$a501280a@phx.gbl... > In a multi-page document, is it possible to change > continuous pages from a page orientation of portrait to > landscape and ba...