Skip Group Header Sections if below Sections are Blank

The report I created is based on a quality evaluation form, which the
information is stored in SQL.  The evaluation form has 6 sections with a
number of questions in each section.  3 of the sections will always have
answers, notes, etc.  However, depending on the evaluation only one other
section will be used.  When I run the report I created, it will list all
sections with blank areas for the sections that were not used in the
evaluation.  What I want to the report to do is remove the sections with
blank fields, is this possible?

The report has 4 Group Headers:
*QGroupSequence Header - numbers the groups in order
*QGroupName Header - lists the groups' names
*QuestionSequence Header - numbers the questions in the groups in order
*QuestionText Header - lists the questions in the groups

The blank field will be listed in the QuestionText header in a field called
'DisplayAnswer'.

MichelleM

Grouping on a report
I have a report with Group information. I want to group by the Group number. There can be multiple group numbers and I want each group number to have it's own page. I have the sorting and grouping set to group by GrpId. The Group on is set to Each Value, the Keep Together is set to Whole Group. My report is still putting more than one GrpId on a page. Any other suggestions? Thanks. add a group footer for the Grpid Close the Sorting and grouping dialog. In design view Set New Page to After Group for the group footer. Or in the group header set New Page to Before Group -- John ...

Autochk not found
Hey yesterday I installed Linux ubuntu, on my computer. It works fine. When i try to change back the os to windows xp pro it says that autochk is not found - skipping autocheck and it keeps on restarting. Anyone knows how to fix this problem? Try to explain how i can fix this. :) -- Simooon19 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Simooon19's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/159277.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-xp-support/1276598.htm http://forums.techarena.in Contact the people who wrote your b...

Grouping and printing labels
Using Access 2007. I have a very simple query with the following fields: FamID, FamName, StudLast, StudFirst, StudRoom, StudGrd I've previously created several reports based on this query, grouping on the FamID field, then sorting the students by their grade in the detail. Works just fine to pull into various letter-size documents. This is what I get: Page #1 Blah blah text FamName FamID 1StudFirst 1StudLast 1StudRoom 2StudFirst 2StudLast 2StudRoom 3StudFirst 3StudLast 3StudRoom Blah blah text Page #2 Blah blah text FamName FamID 1StudFirst 1StudLast 1StudRoom Blah blah t...

Business Portal Project Timesheet date header dissappear when scroll down
In Business Portal Project timesheet, when scroll down the cost category, the date header is dissappear from the page, is this a design fault ? For project will large no of cost category, it is very in-convenient as we did not know whether the hours being keyed into the correct date. Please advise. Thanks ...

How to open a blank form for adding a new record
Hello, I have a form for adding/viewing employee records. I can open the form, view records and using the navigation button, add a new record just fine. However, I'd like to open the form using a command button so that all fields are blank and a new record can immediately been added without having to use the navigation button. Can anyone help me figure out how to do this? TIA, Rich On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 13:20:02 -0800, rich wrote: > Hello, > > I have a form for adding/viewing employee records. I can open the form, > view records and using the navigation button, add a...

Insert blank rows
Rather than using the control button to select every other row, which can be very time consuming when you have more than 100 rows, I am trying to figure out how to auto-insert blank rows between pre-populated rows of information. Deb, Try this macro. ALT+F11 to open VB editor. Right click 'ThisWorkbook' and insert module and paste the code in on the right . Change the sheet name to your sheet and run the code Sub insert_rows() Dim ws As Worksheet, x as long Set ws = Sheets("Sheet3") lastrow = ws.Cells(Cells.Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row For x = ...

OT: Google Groups not Threading
Notes on 25 May 2011 The "New Google Groups" UI does not thread correctly, but the old UI still does. From the old Google Groups UI there is a link to switch to the "new Google Groups" but I am not aware of a link to get from the new UI to the old UI. I just spent a few minutes trying to learn how to get back to the old google groups from the new groups .... and I didn't find a link to get there from here. The URL for the new UI looks something like this: https://groups.google.com/d/forum/�groupname� or https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/�groupname� https://gr...

Offset, sum down to the first blank row
can anyone write the formula to sum down to the first blank row it encounters? In the sample data below I want the xx to sum only to 60 Assume the word sum is in cell A1 and the xx is in cell B1. sum xx Blue 10 Black 20 Red 30 Red 20 black 40 thanks much. p.s. would this formula be considered "volatile" and therefore "risky"....if so, what's the risk. thx. "Tami" <Tami@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EFA4F8A3-A823-4522-A946-F55AB55E0B29@microsoft.com... > can anyone write the formula to ...

How do I delete pages in Excel? Keeps printing blank pages at end.
I'm printing charts in Excel. Some of them are adding blank pages at the end of the charts. How do I get rid of these? Several ways: 1) Change the location of the chart to have its own sheet. Do this by right clicking the chart, go to "Location" and putting it on it's own sheet. Then you should be able to print it by itself without any white stuff. 2) Make sure that the page breaks are defined well. Go to View -> Page Break Preview . From there, you can move around the blue lines to determine your page breaks. Then, when you're printing it, make sure that you c...

How do I change email message headers and footers?
I'm using Outlook 2002 and would like to change the headers and footers on my printed email messages. Would someone please advise me? Thank you very much in advance ...

OUtlook 2003 is sending blank replies to emails I haven't seen
Intermittently, my outlook will send blank replies to emails that I haven't even seen yet, yet alone opened. I get messages from commercail and personal emials asking what I meant to send? Any help out there? What type of email account? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT....

phone numbers & addresses header disappear (customized contact)
Hi all, I tried to customized the contact form from the standard library. exchange 2003/outlook2003 envir. I just drop one (or any) user defind field from field chooser to the contact design form. I just test and run this form and the Phone Numbers________________________ Addresses___________________________ Do not appear in the header anymore. Is this supposed to be? What's the solution to this? Thank you very much! What do you mean by "header"? In the meantime, you might want to get familiar with the quirks of custom contact forms; see http://www.o...

How do I indicate a empty or blank cell in an IF function?
I am trying to do a simple IF function but don't know how to indicate if a cell is empty or blank then I want a certain text value returned. What I am trying is: =IF('Sheet 1'!A15=IS NULL,"NO","YES") What I want is if the cell indicated on an other sheet is empty or blank then the word NO to appear in the formula cell and if it does have text then YES to appear. How can I do this? Hope I made myself clear enough. I couldn't figure out how to ask help the right way to get the correct answer. Thanks for all of your help! Never Mind. I seem to ha...

skip holiday
I have a Customer Order entry screen that has a due date field on it. Currently it calls a module that I created to default to the next day, skip holidays' and weekends'. Which works great. This field has the option to use a calendar to select the date. However, I do not have access to this calendar since this is an application that we purchased(we have access to all tables, queries, forms, reports, macros, modules) excluding the calendar. What I would like is if someone happens to select say April 6th for the due date (which is Good Friday) an message would come up stating that it...

grouping PivotTable items
Using Excel list to create a pivot table. Sometimes I Excel doesn't allow me to group a date field - saying "Cannot group that selection." If I delete this pivot table and create a new table, it will now allow the date field to be grouped. I didn't make any changes to the source data. What's the cause of this? It wasn't a problem when I was creating a pivot table manually, but now I'm trying to automate it within a macro, there's run-time error when it gets the group statement. this is usually symptomatic of a non date value being in the column of d...

group polciy not updating through active directory
Hi i am using windows 2000 server and active directory , i was trying to set up the proxy setting in active directory to limit the internet use by putting some exceptions websites that they can visit, it was working fine ealrier but now i am trying to add more sites to exception list and it dont work also other seetings seems stopped working as well. for example user can not go to internet options even when i change the policy to not configured, i try to install and use group policy management tool but no luckkk, please help me in this i am getting frustrated here... You need to ask ...

This security ID may not be assigned as the primary group of an ob
We are working on inserting data into CRM and getting the following error: Error Description: This security ID may not be assigned as the primary group of an object. Any suggestions? The BU & Security seems to match that of existing data. Thanks, Scott ...

Template for header in charts
I like to have date and filename on all printouts. Therefor I've made an Excel template file, where the Header/Footer fields are already filled in with such things. When I add a new sheet to an Excel file, I use my template file. However, when the location of a chart is changed from "in the table" to its own tab, the headers and footers are blank. I want my standard header and footer. Is there a way to either: - choose a template file when the chart is created or located to its own tab? - or change my template, so that header information for new charts have the contents...

Renaming "First Administrative Group" in Exchange 2003 Native Mode
Hi, I'm running Exchange 2003 in a pure 2003 native mode environment. I have two administrative groups, the first of which just has the default name of "First Administrative Group". I would like to rename this and have tried doing so by right-clicking it (from within Exchange System Manager) and selecting the Rename option. However, after I'd done this I found Recipient Policies weren't working, and when I rebooted the Information Store wouldn't start. I changed the name back to the default and rebooted, and everything started working again. Are there additio...

Formatting: display blank when "O", 2 decimal when a number is d
I want to display a blank whenever there is a "O" and I need to display 2 decimal when there is a number. so far I found 0;-O;;@ this formula helps me display a blank cell when needed, however it doesn't give me the 2 decimal I need. Thanks E One way 0.00;-0.00; assuming you mean zero and not the letter O, you can't format for letters -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "ED" <ED@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5DCD806F-5B2E-494D-947A-8BB7D160F90B@microsoft.com... >I want to display a blank whenever there is a "O" and I ne...

Formatting Section Layout Column Format -- options disabled
Hi, my question is related to formatting the Main Form for an entity. I want certain sections to have the three column format. However, when I click on Section Properties, it shows all options for choosing the Column Formats as disabled. The 2-column format, with the Variable Field Width, is the default and the only option I seem to be able to use right now. Why is the Formatting --both layout and column format -- showing up as disabled and how do I activate it? Thanks. Never mind! I found this in the CRM Help section... "The selected section layout cannot be changed after you creat...

Constant number of lines per group
I need to print a constant number of lines per group, as my report needs to print on pre-printed forms, and the data needs to land in the correct location on the paper. I found the following support article on Microsoft's web site, but it indicates that it works only through version 97. Hoping it would still work anyway, I followed the instructions, but it did not work for me in Access 2007. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q119073 Does anybody know how to accomplish this in 2007? TIA. "... did not work ... in Access 2007" does not tell us much. Did Access print anything?...

How to "harvest" the contents of a hidden or "about blank" webpage
I sometimes use the Sub (shown below) named: "subShowInHtmlWindow(strTexte)" to report the output from a script to an html window. I'd love to send an argument from script A to script B, and have Sript A harvest the output from Script B, and assign the output to a variable, for further computation. I came across the Sub (shown below) named: "subListTheContentsOfaWebPage", which would serve as a way to harvest Script B's output, if I could make Script B work properly where the Window has a "phony" url, i.e., "ab...

why I can't declaring a CArray object in a separate header file?
Hello I have no problem declaring a CArray variable inside a class definition but as I have a separate file that I place all my typedefs inside it, I have tried to define a struct that has a CArray member but compiler says: Error 1 error C2248: 'CObject::CObject' : cannot access private member declared in class 'CObject' c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\atlmfc\include\afxtempl.h 272 this was my code inside TypeDefs.H typedef struct tag_compliance_info { LONG lModuleCode; LONG lModuleVersion; CString sModuleName; CArray<POINT> aCompliance; } STRUCT_COM...

Query-Based E-mail Groups
I have created query-based email group that contains 1,600 users. When I send an email to that group, about 350 users don't get the message. I as the owner of the group get an undeliverable stating: The e-mail system limits the number of recipients that can be addressed in a single message. Send the message multiple times to fewer recipients. For all 350 users. So I check my "Message Delivery Properties" in ESM. I have my "Recipient Limits" set to 2,000. I double checked the query-based email group to make sure it was under 2,000 recipients and ...