Shrinking font in Report Text Box

I have strings of varying length that I need to display in the same text box,
so I would like to be able to shrink the text if it would otherwise be
truncated.  I've read other, similar posts but still have a question.  It
seems that Lebans AutoSizeFont is the right module for me to download
(http://www.lebans.com/autosizefont.htm), but having done that, I'm not sure
how to "apply" it to the text box in question.  I've got no experience using
modules.  Could someone walk me through it?

Thanks,
Keith

Keith wrote:

>I have strings of varying length that I need to display in the same text box,
>so I would like to be able to shrink the text if it would otherwise be
>truncated.  I've read other, similar posts but still have a question.  It
>seems that Lebans AutoSizeFont is the right module for me to download
>(http://www.lebans.com/autosizefont.htm), but having done that, I'm not sure
>how to "apply" it to the text box in question.  I've got no experience using
>modules.

Study the example so you can see how it works.  Then import
(File menu) the modTextHeightWidth module into your project.

Now you can add code to the Format event of the section that
contains the text box with the text.  Your code should be
fairly similar to some of the code in the examples.  Here's
some air code with the general idea:

Dim intFS As Integer

For intFS = 12 To 6 Step -1
	thetextbox.FontSize = intFS
	If fTextHeight(thetextbox) < thetextbox.Height - 20 _
		And fTextWidth(thetextbox) < thetextbox.Width - 20 _
   Then Exit For

Marsh
MVP [MS Access]
0
Marshall

Trying to get filtered Report based on form combo box
I submitted a question about making a form and combo box act like a parameter query a couple of weeks ago. Someone gave me some help but I still can't get it to work. The combo box is linked to the proper list but when I run the report I am having two problems. 1. THe report is not being filtered like I want. 2. I can't get it to preview, it keeps trying to print. Here is the code I have (minus all of the variations I have tried): On Error GoTo Err_CmdRunRpt_Click DoCmd.OpenReport "RptProgramInventory", , , "[ModelNo] = '" & Me.ProgramCombo &...

Font with Monospaced Numbers
Can someone recommmend a readily available sans serif font, similar to Arial, that has monospaced numbers, so that a column of numbers will line up. When I use Arial in an Excel worksheet, the "1" occupies a narrow space, and causes a column of numbers to misalign. I don't want a totally monospaced font (I have one of those). Only the numbers, not text/letters should be monospaced. Thanks for your help. Fred Holmes Try using Courier. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >Can someone recommmend a readily available sans serif font, similar to >Arial, ...

Hierarchical Reports
Hello, I was wondering is anyone had attempted to create reports that are based on the designated hierarchy in CRM. For example, accounts and opportunities can have parent accounts and opportuinities. Even at the company levels, parent/children associations can be made. If anyone has done any work with this type of information, from CRM or other systems, I would be interested in learning the best way to work with the data, especially as it relates to links to individual activites and the ability to rollup values when possible links to not exist at a higher level. Thanks in advance, Rodney G...

Reports by date
I'm trying to get reports based on a user input date. I don't want all the records in the database just the entries from a certain date and newer. Could someone please help? Thanks ...

Exchange 2000 data store size does not shrink
Hi, We have an exchage 2k store that is ~16GB. We have archived ~ 5GB (PST files)and did an offline defrag but the db has shrunk by less than 2%. Currently it will not mount even with the evn when we set the temp size increase registry switch. Any ideas? In news:2B3413A7-9F3D-44E9-A0D1-06E7B1D55135@microsoft.com, KCHobson <KCHobson@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Hi, > > We have an exchage 2k store that is ~16GB. We have archived ~ 5GB > (PST files)and did an offline defrag but the db has shrunk by less > than 2%. Currently it will not mount even with the ...

Combo Box #5
Hi- Would you please show me how to create a combo box that allows me to choose from a drop down list and also type in text? For example, if a doctor wants to choose from a drop down list of vaccinations given to a patient but also wants to type in the date they were administered in the same cell. Thank you! ...

Missing Message Text

How do you pull up another person's email box?
After my boss gave me sharing permission to his mailbox, how do I pull it up from my computer? Linda, From within your Outlook, select File, then Open, then Other User's Folders. You can take it from there I hope. Linda wrote: > After my boss gave me sharing permission to his mailbox, how do I pull it up > from my computer? you can add it to your profile in tools, accounts, select exchange acct, Change button. More Settings button then add it on the first tab. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? htt...

Attaching an email or a scanned document to an Access Report
In my original database (now two years old), I added a paragraph of text in a memo field in a record. Now, after a group reorganization, I will be getting additional e-mailed information and/or hard copy that has to become part of that record. I am planning to scan the hard-copy to create an attachable document and/or open the email and somehow include the attachment to the Access record. Does anyone have any suggestions or examples? Would hyperlinking be the way to go? Sorry, I meant to mention I'm using Access 2003 and the documents are usually 2-3 pages long. "Help Elimin...

Cannot compose email in html format only plain text
I have some sort of html problem as I can't insert text into any text boxes in explorer. I also can't highlight text and in outlook I can't enter text into an email in html format, however in plain text I can. I have installed the new XP sp2 update, I have used the detect and repair option in Outlook, I have tried running explorer from another pc on the network on my pc all to no avail. So I am guessing that it is a problem caused externally of explorer and outlook. And I have also ran a fully updated virus check. Any help would be much appreciated as this is driving ...

Excel 2007 convert into tab delimeter text file with extra tab spa
Hi , Sub: I have excel 2007 trying to save as tab delimeted text file having an issue. I have saved my excel 2007 as separate Tab delimited Text files. I see extra tabs stored in the tab delimited text files. But when I do the same with excel 2003 it works fine there is not extra tabs stored in my tab delimited text file. My excel 2007 conveted to tab delimited text file looks like as shown below(Extra two tabs at the end of the each record). Data0<Tab>data1<Tab><Tab> Data2<Tab>data3<Tab><Tab> Appreciate your help in advance. Rega...

Bulleted lines in report
I have been looking all over to try and find out how to add bullets to a field on a report. I am using Access 2007. I can find the buttons in the ribbon but can't for the life of me figure out how to make them active. I have a field in the detail section that can have one or two records or 10 to 15. When it lists them all I would like each to have a bullet next to it. Any help would be great. Thanks Mark I couldn't find a bullet but you could place a label next to the text boxes with a Caption of M. Set the font to Wingdings. This solution is a real bomb ;-) -- Duane Ho...

Bug Report
On Mac ----------- Construct linear plot in Excel including: 1. Title 2. X-axis label 3. Y-axis label Copy and Paste into Word Save and send to PC On PC ---------- Open file in Word Notice Y-axis label is gone I'm a Biochemistry student who uses Excel to do lots of number crunching. I use a 1.25G Powerbook G4 with OS X 10.4.3 and the newest version of Office. I copy plots from Excel to Word often when writing reports without any problems. Recently, I've began submitting reports electronically via email and my professor uses a PC. When he opens my files, Y-axis labels are mis...

Need several text box templates
Hi, Am making a catalog over 80 pages. I love this program. My concern is with text boxes. I have a general text box template that is used for each new page. Works fine. But within that page is another text box or several that is filled in with color for emphasis. Not used on all pages but is a "subcategory" text box. Used as needed. I need to change the color and realize there is no way to make an acros-the-board-change. Or is there? So the first question is: 1) Can I change the format (fill-in) text boxes that are inside a text box all at once? 2) Can I make a template for a ...

Pivot report without the drop downs
I created my Excel 2007 Pivot table with the data I need. Now, I want to remove the Report Filter Drop Down showing lot more information than my peers or superiors need to see or even try to view. The same is true for the Rows Labels and Column Labels with the drop down. I figured out how to remove the plus signs by using the "Show/Hide" on the Options on the Ribbon. I tried the copy and paste but for some reason I can only do .txt or object. There is no paste special. Then the format is not the same. Do anyone have an answer for this problem? Thanks a million, Ty ...

Is there a way to set default font in all child controls?
Hello The SDI application with splitter window - two views inside. Each view has a number of child controls created dynamically. Any control (like CEdit, CButton, etc.) created by .Create method has a standard (ugly) font. I know I can obtain default GUI font and assign it to each control but I don't want to do it manually each time I create a control. Is there a way to force each child control to obtain font from its parent (without subclussing of course). si >Any control (like CEdit, CButton, etc.) created by .Create method has a >standard (ugly) font. >I know I can obt...

when inserting a chart excel is saying i cannot add any new fonts
When I attempt to insert a chart i am getting a message which says,"no new fonts may be added to this workbook". I am adding it to a billing process and I did the first 100 or so before it began this doing this, I am not adding any new fonts but I am getting this message, any suggestions on what is the cause so I can overcome it? I've described the problem and fix here: Error: "No more new fonts may be applied in this workbook" http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/FixFonts.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://peltier...

Combo Box Null
I want the user to get an error message if they do not choose a value in a combo box. Here's my code, cmbSubGrp is the name of my combo box. What am doing wrong? Dim Itm As Variant If cmbSubGrp.Value = Null Then Itm = MsgBox("You must select a" & _ " Receiving Group!", 0, "No Selection Made") Exit Sub End If "djf" <djf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F6D3F273-FCB9-4B09-88F3-B033575B1F8A@microsoft.com... >I want the user to get an error message if they do not choose a value in...

Printing reports #3
Money Ess. How do I print a report for gross pay, or net pay,or some form of income . I look at help page and it say"s to go to commen task to pick this task ,But it"s not available . ...

Make Reporting Easier to customize
In future updates it would make life much easier if all the tools you needed to customize reports came with the CRM software. I am trying to do customization of reports and so far have had to buy a license for VB.net and the reporting still is not up and running yet. Even if you included a stripped down version of the business intelligence reports within CRM it would make a world of difference. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in th...

Excel Font Problem
Every time I enter a number <1 into my Excel worksheet, it prints in white which is too hard to see. I have the font set at black. How do I get ALL the numbers to print in black One thing to possibly check: 1. Tools > Options > Color and try Reset. HTH Select those cells and see what Format>Conditional Formattting reveals. Sounds like you have a setting that whites the font on values <1 Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 08:09:04 -0700, Heather S <Heather S@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Every time I enter a number <1 into my Excel worksheet, ...

Comment: Default Text Size etc...
Hi, Can I change the default size of the comment, and the text within? I have tried to play with each one but that is a pain in the butt. I have searched for it to no avail. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thank you, Kevin Try this (It's a setting in windows, not in Excel): Right-click on any empty space in *windows desktop* > choose Properties Select Appearance tab* > click "Item" dropdown menu > choose "Tooltip" Choose a Font and Size to taste (You can also change the color here) Click OK > Apply > OK *If in WinXP, click "Advanced&qu...

Text cell complains about date
I have a column containing ratios like 3/4, 3/0, 5/2, etc. I have them all formatted as text. All of the cells that have a zero as the second number (3/0) get a little green triangle and a warning that I have entered a "date string with only 2 digits for the year". Huh? How is "3/0" a date string with 2 digits for the year? And, why is it complaining about a text field? More importantly, how do I get Excel to stop being so "helpful" and leave my damned text data alone -- unexamined? Remove the warning in Options, Tools>Options>Error Checking in 2003...

Signature Font #4
Hi Peeps, I am having a right problem with outlook at signatures. When the signature is created the font is in Ariel when you get a over all view of it the font is in Ariel however when you create the mail it suddenly changes to Times New Roman. I have created a new signature and that is the same. Now if I change the font in the signature to anything other than Ariel the font is correct in the new email. Change it back to Ariel it then displays it in times new roman. ...

in Excel 2000 how do I convert text to numbers?
I imported files from Wells Fargo and I want to convert them from text to numbers...so far nothing is working! thanks Jo Dee One method...... Format all as General. Copy an empty cell(also formatted as General). Select range of numbers. Edit>Paste Special>Add>OK>Esc. One other method......... Select range of numbers and Data>Text to Columns>Finish Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 11:53:06 -0800, Jo Dee <Jo Dee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I imported files from Wells Fargo and I want to convert them from text to >numbers...so far nothi...