Showing ID number not required text

Hi,

I have created a report with data grouped by employee.  When I look at the
report it has the ID number of the employee instead of the name.  How do I
get it to show the name like it does on the form?

Nikki

Nikki wrote:
>I have created a report with data grouped by employee.  When I look at the
>report it has the ID number of the employee instead of the name.  How do I
>get it to show the name like it does on the form?

It sounds like the dreaded Lookup Fields has struck again?

Modify the report's record source query to include the
employees table joined on the employee ID field.  Then you
can add the employee name field to the query's field list
fpr the repprt to use.

If that's not appropriate, post details about the tables and
fields that are involved.

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]

Email address by unix IDs from LDAP
Outlook finds names by first and last name from LDAP directory, but not ny unix IDs. Any Suggestions? Thanks. .. ...

Random Number
I am trying to make a spreadsheet that would randomly select and record a 3 digit number on demand. I want to use this for drawings to replace a lottery type ball machine. I need it to keep track of the time the number was generated and the number and not recalculate the numbers at all. It would just develop a "list of numbers" either at predetermined time intervals or when I would press a key or click a button. Anyone have any ideas? I did poke around and found random number generators, and they seem to come close, but aren't exactly want I need. Thanks Dan one way: Ass...

Why won't Single take my number?
I have a field with NUMBER datatype, SINGLE field size, Fixed format and 0 Decimals. When I enter the value 100317090407 the number rewrites itself as 100317100000. When I enter 100317090417 again I get 100317100000. When I enter 100317090499 once again I get 1003617100000. My number is clearly under then max for a Single 3.402823E38, so what is going on? If I set my field size to DOUBLE, I do not encounter the same problem, but I don't get it. Why do my numbers seem to have a mind of their own with the SINGLE field size? Single is a floating point number, with only...

Grand Total on Pivot Table turned on but no totals showing
I am trying to display Grand Totals for Rows in my Pivot table. I have selected the Grand Total for Rows option but to no avail. Any ideas would be appreciated Thanks -- GaryRitchie ------------------------------------------------------------------------ GaryRitchie's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24331 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=379317 ...

Is there a way to get an average, excluding the lowest number?
I need to get an average of a set of numbers and either exclude the lowest number in the set OR make sure that only numbers over 10,000 are in the average -- does anyone know how to do this? look up the database functions in excel (function wizard-database functions) DAverage is the most out of the box solution available. "TNTraining" wrote: > I need to get an average of a set of numbers and either exclude the lowest > number in the set OR make sure that only numbers over 10,000 are in the > average -- does anyone know how to do this? =AVERAGE(IF(A1:A5<>MIN(A1...

I can't resolve Error number: 0x80070020 downloading windows updat
Hi! While downloading windows updates to my computer I keep getting Error number: 0x80070020. what can I do? <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375> February 24, 2010 You receive error 0x80070020 when you use the Windows Update Web site or the Microsoft Update Web site to install updates <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883825> -=- Ǝиçεl ◕‿◕ -=- "AJ" wrote: > Hi! While downloading windows updates to my computer I keep getting Error > number: 0x80070020. what can I do? ...

Issue with copying Text.
I am wondering how to copy a cell that contains text from one worksheet to another. In other words I have two woorksheets in the same book, lets call them Sheet1 and sheet 2. Sheet1 has a column of company names in call it column A and figures in column B. Sheet 2 has a report that will change. I would like to be able to write ='Sheet1'!A1 into the cell so that no matter what I type in Sheet1 cell A1 it will copy that information over to Sheet2. I can do this with numbers but is there a way to copy text. All I get is the formula, and when I tried in a new sheet I got #VALUE! A...

2-Column Layout with auto text flow?
I would like to have a worksheet that has a 2-column "newspaper" format, where text flows off the bottom of the first column to the top of the second column. Is this possible using Excel2000? As a very last resort, I'll use a macro to split the text and put it into different cells. But this is messy and not very accurate. My wish is to somehow link cells together and have the text flow between them, or use a control which will do this. Thanks! -- Matt Kruse http://www.JavascriptToolbox.com why dont you use Word? "Matt Kruse" <newsgroups@mattkruse.com> wr...

User ID & Email to tasks...
Hi, I'm new to v3... Can v3 do the following? 1) Delete user ID and transfer all related data to one or more user IDs. 2) Is there a way to set up so that certain incoming email will be assigned as task / ticket automatically? Thanks. -- Best Regards, Benson Yeung Triware Networld Systems You can open a users record in crm and then go to actions - reassign records. If you want to reassign a users records to multiple users then you are either going to have to work out a manual process or think about custom coding. ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP h...

FORMATTING A 19 DIGIT NUMBER
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C3FAAD.1459EDF0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I need some help to format a 19 digit budget code number. The format = must be in this format: "XXXX-XXXX-XX-XXX-XXXXXX" (without the quotes). An example of a budget code number that we use is: = 1110-2110-38-068-611521 Thank you. Wayne ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C3FAAD.1459EDF0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTY...

My clip art files are showing up as Real Player files instead of .
My clip art files are showing up as Real Player files instead of the thumbnail preview of the clip art when viewing the clip art manager. It just happened and I don't know how to fix it! HELP! Sounds like your file associations got screwed up. I've never been fond of Real Player because it tends to hijack anything it can. Do you know how to check for that? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "chergw" <chergw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8214F585-48CE-4EAE-93B7-7EA968EAB9BC@microsoft.com... > My clip art files are showing up as R...

Column labels show digits instead of letter
Can anyone pls tell me why ? And how to fix this. Thanks Jenni Hi goto 'Tools - Options - General' and uncheck 'R1C1 reference style' >-----Original Message----- >Can anyone pls tell me why ? >And how to fix this. > >Thanks >Jenni > > >. > ...

Current User ID
I am not understanding how to copy the code that Dev wrote getting the current user ID into Visual Basic and then calling it from my Access form. I copy the code. I insert a new module. I paste the code. I go to a text box on my form. I go to 'before update' and hit expression builder. I don't see this code or function anywhere. Could anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? I want this information to go into a table along with my text box that I have current date/time. When a new record is created using my form I would like a query or dlookup to pull the current user informatio...

Single email ID in multiple group
Hi, I have outlook 2007 and I have configered hotmail account with Outlook connector. I have three questions. 1. Even if mulitple email IDs are saved under one contact name. Outlook shows that senders mails in multiple groups, when arranging by 'From'. (Display name for all emails is same) 2. Connector is not sycronising made changes in contact to my hotmail account. 3. How do I change .ost folder under outlook connector settings ? Please advise me on these issues. Thanks, ~ JeVs ...

Double Heading Section Numbers
In MS Word 2007, this happens in 2003 as well. When I try to copy and paste an updated version of a document into the old template, I get double section numbers for the headings. For example, 1.1 1.1 Introduction Is what it often looks like. I'm not sure why this happens or if there is an easy workaround after all the textual information in the document is correct. Thanks. ...

Exporting to text, cells with comma's are placed in quotes. ->Bad
I am exporting Excel worksheets to text files. Currently data like this: RGB(0, 0, 255) is placed in quotes when I export. I need to prevent the insertion of the quotations. How do I do this? Pallid, Use a macro to create the output. The quotes were put there to prevent the string being broken into three cells, based on the commas. Visit http://www.cpearson.com/excel/imptext.htm for an example of how to export to a text file. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "pallid" <pallid@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:074AF578-EEB7-446D-95A9-3B9A55D89650@microsoft....

Converting large number of Microsoft Works files to Access
My company's database currently consists of 450 Microsoft Works .wdb files. All the files have a similar structure. When we moved to the latest version of Works, we could no longer use mail-merge with Microsoft Word. So we were thinking about moving to an Access database. It is a little cumbersome, though doable, to convert one Works file to Access, via saving as .dbf. However, I'm faced with converting 450 of these files! Is there any way to do a bulk conversion? Or should I try something else altogether? Thanks for any ideas you might have. Carol Spring Hi Carol, I've...

Images in Outlook 2003 showing as red x
Hello everybody. I have a question for you gurus out there. We have some computers at work where either embedded images or images pulled in from another server are showing as a red x with no option to "download content". The only fix we've found is clearing out the OLK folder but the problem comes back after time. Solutions I've tried include: 1) Unchecking "Don't download pictures automatically" in the Security settings. Works on some, but not all. 2) Changing the 'zone' for emails from Restricted to Internet. Again, fixes some but not all. ...

truncated text
In several cells that contain a lot of text, Excel has cut off part of the words. We can widen/lengthen the cell, but it just puts space in the additional area and does not display any more of the text. Is there a limit to the amount of text that can be placed in one cell? If so, how much? Can that amount be changed? How? Thanks for your help! ...

text replaced by ####
When I try to input text with more than 230 characters (45 words) it is replaced with #### symbols. What can I do? Try formatting the cell as General. Sheda wrote: > > When I try to input text with more than 230 characters (45 words) it is > replaced with #### symbols. What can I do? -- Dave Peterson Make sure the column is wide enough. Change the font to smaller. >-----Original Message----- >When I try to input text with more than 230 characters (45 words) it is >replaced with #### symbols. What can I do? >. > ...

Display Cell Data in titles/Text Boxes on Charts
Hi - I would like to link my chart title textbox or another text box to a cell in a worksheet - can anyone suggest a way of acheiving this? Many thanks Neil Click on the chart to select it Type an equal sign -- you'll see it appear in the formula bar (you don't need to click in the formula bar before typing) Click on the cell that contains the text for the chart, e.g. C6 Press the Enter key. Drag the text box from the centre of the chart to the top Use the buttons on the formatting toolbar to format the text Neil Perry wrote: > Hi - > > I would like to link my...

Sumproduct Numbers and Text?
I have columns set up. Some have names and some have numbers. Can I use sumproduct to do the following? Column A is State Text Column B is Date Month Column C is Mode Number Column D is Name Text Can I use sumproduct to select state, date, mode, and then count the occurances of a specific name in column D? Count, not sum? Is that possible? =SUMPRODUCT(--(A2:A200="Texas"),--(B2:B200=--"2006-01-12"),--(C2:C200=27),--(D2:D200="Bob")) -- --- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gma...

Simplifying a formula that prevents negative numbers
Is there a shorter way of writing the following formula for calculating an alimony deduction? =IF(SUM(C11-C9)>=C8,C8,IF(SUM(C11-C9)>=0,SUM(C11-C9),0)) The formla calculates the alimony deductible (if any) on the 1040 return for a given amount of total payments for alimony and child support per year. The rules are: 1) Payments are first allocated to child support (which is not deductible) 2) Any remaining payment is allocated to alimony, subject to a maximum amount that is required in a decree of separation or divorce; that is, any overpayments of alimony are also not ...

link text boxes
Does anyone know if there is a keyboard shortcut for linking text boxes? Thanks! None that I know of (as of 2003) - other than Autoflow, which requires having linked text boxes to start with or allowing Pub to create them for you. Doesn't appear that anyone else has much to offer either :( FWIW, I usually find it helpful to drag the Linking toolbar into the workspace, create the boxes I need where & what size I want, then link them before inserting the story, OK to AutoFlow, No to "automatically create text boxes". What would really be useful is if double-clicking t...

How do I count the number of cells in a column in excel that begi.
I have a column containing entries of the type E0007 and others of the type VE0007, how doI use a countif formula to just count the ones beginning with VE? =COUNTIF(A:A,"VE*") -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Sherd" <Sherd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:899B399A-D179-48DF-BBBF-D9F95298CF73@microsoft.com... > I have a column containing entries of the type E0007 and others of the type > VE0007, how doI use a countif formula to just count the ones beginning with > VE? ...