selecting listbox items

I have a listbox that when selecting item/items, it prints it on a report,
unselected items won't be printed but it would leave space.

For ex.

item 1 - selected
item 2 - selected
item 3 - not selected
item 4 - not selected
item 5 - selected

so in print report, it should print the selected ones, and leave the not
selected a blank space

item 1
item 2
<blank>
<blank>
item 5

I understand that you can filter the selection in a listbox but It would
print only as w/o the blank space.

item 1
item 2
item 5

I want to leave spaces for the unselected items. How should I do it?

JML

Try using IIF statement with a space as output --   IIF([YourItem] Is Null, "
", [YourItem])
--
KARL DEWEY
Build a little - Test a little

"JML via AccessMonster.com" wrote:

> I have a listbox that when selecting item/items, it prints it on a report,
> unselected items won't be printed but it would leave space.
>
> For ex.
>
> item 1 - selected
> item 2 - selected
> item 3 - not selected
> item 4 - not selected
> item 5 - selected
>
> so in print report, it should print the selected ones, and leave the not
> selected a blank space
>
> item 1
> item 2
> <blank>
> <blank>
> item 5
>
> I understand that you can filter the selection in a listbox but It would
> print only as w/o the blank space.
>
> item 1
> item 2
> item 5
>
> I want to leave spaces for the unselected items. How should I do it?

HELP: Deleted Items Limit Set to 0 days does not work!
Hi Gurus, I've set the Deleted Items Limit to 0 days from the Deletion Setting at the Mail store level but when i delete an item from one of the mailbox it does not removed from the server immediately. Has anyone come accross this issue? Please advice. Thanks in advance On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 20:20:23 +0800, "hanafiah" <hanafiahh@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi Gurus, > >I've set the Deleted Items Limit to 0 days from the Deletion Setting at the >Mail store level but when i delete an item from one of the mailbox it does >not removed from the server immediat...

Copying sent items
Is there a way to copy all sent items from a group of users to the dept supervisor? I know that you can create a client side rule to do this, but I am looking for other options since the users could actually turn this rule off. Running Exchange 5.5 and using Outlook 2000. Thanks for any help Better to journal if your goal is to save all the emails. On Fri, 1 Oct 2004 07:11:05 -0700, "cglady2000" <cglady2000@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there a way to copy all sent items from a group of users to the dept >supervisor? I know that you can create a clien...

Add non-inventory item in MO Reciept entry (Unit Cost)
Dear All, I am using the (Add Component) button on the MO Reciept entry screen to add some non-inventory items, I notice that the decimal places for the unit cost is (2) although my Functional currency is (3). Kindly advice for the reason behind this, or if there is any setup required for that. Thanks Dear, Go to Tools --> Setup --> Purchasing --> Purchase Order Processing Find Decimal Places for Non-inventoried Items, click on the Expantion Button near to the Currency Field and set the decimal places for you curreny. Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS S...

CFileDialog selecting directorys only
I Have a CFileDialog and I just want to be able to select directorys no files. Can this be done? use SHBrowseForFolder http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/shellcc/platform/shell/reference/functions/shbrowseforfolder.asp HTH, "Chris Baker" <ChrisBaker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5185346E-6097-4B9C-89B1-D6588C87249A@microsoft.com... >I Have a CFileDialog and I just want to be able to select directorys no >files. > > Can this be done? > You also might take a look at www.codeproject.com/dialog/cfolderdialo...

KITTING WITH SERIALISED ITEMS
CAN KITTING BE DONE FOR SERIALISED ITEMS? IF NOT THE BEST SOLUTION ...

Averaging Selected Records
Hi, I have a continuous form with lots of data on it. In the form footer I would like to average certain fields by checking a checkbox next to the fields (in the detail section) I would like included in the average. I am having a brain fart on this and just not getting it to average the selected records. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks "Lythandra" <Lythandra@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:262B5AEB-2692-4561-824C-D6FC7465FC1D@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I have a continuous form with lots of data on it. > > In the form ...

Forwarding a news item
Using Outlook 2002 on WinXP. I use it for both mail and news. This morning I tried to forward an item from the newsreader (it says "Microsoft Outlook Newsreader" at the top of the screen), and was told there was a problem with my communications setup. How can I diagnose this? And can I forward an item from the newsreader to parties in my mail address book? Thanks. -- ----------------------------------------------------- Jeffrey Needle jeff.needle@gmail.com ...

How can I print only select sheets in my workbook?
My workbook has 12 sheets, but I want to print the second through ninth sheet exclusively, each time I hit print. (I do this once a week.) How do I do it? Excel 2007 Select sheet2 then hold SHIFT key and click on sheet9 File>Print>Active Sheet(s) Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 27 Mar 2008 19:14:00 -0700, MVictoreen <MVictoreen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >My workbook has 12 sheets, but I want to print the second through ninth sheet >exclusively, each time I hit print. (I do this once a week.) How do I do it? >Excel 2007 Hi MVictoreen! As an optional m...

Selecting X cells based on answer to formula
Hi, I am trying to put together a spreadsheet that performs a couple of tasks. The first is basic resourcing which i am ok with, sort of how many heads and how many hours available means X cases will be done. The next thing I need to do is use the X cases result to identify from a list the oldest date and work through sequentially X dates in that column, which will not be consecutive, and tell me what the date of that case is. So if there were 10 cases done I would like one cell saying the oldest case worked on was - first date in column. And following doing the 10 cases I'd lik...

New contacts not showing when selecting the "To" button on a new e
Hello, If I add a new contact in Outlook 2003. Then I go to compose a new email. When I select the "To" buttom and either search or look for the new contact I created. It doesn't not show up. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Tony Two possibilities: 1. Your Contact doesn't have a resolved, valid electronic address 2. You did not add the Contact to the same folder you are displaying in the address book view. -- Russ Valentine "Tony414" <Tony414@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AE3B3E10-8FCD-4840-8924-5B33D99A1F25@mi...

How To Show Drag Image while Dragging Item?
I use MFC 4.2. There are 2 CListCtrls in my app. I am implementing a drag and drop function from one list to another. How to show the drag image when I still choose which item that will accept the drop? Thank you. You can use a CImageList and store a drag image. Look at functions like CImageList ::BeginDrag, CImageList::BeginDrag | CImageList::EndDrag | CImageList::DragMove | CImageList::DragLeave. -Seetharam This article may be interesting to you. It's a little older, but it is still useful information: http://www.codeguru.com/cpp/controls/listview/dragdrop...

Catalog pictures in item list
Does anyone know of a way to display the pictures attached to the items when scrolling through the item list? I know you can click the picture button to pop up the picture, but is there a way to just have the pictures always there? I don't think there's any way out of the box. Someone may be able to write you an add-on to do that, but you would have to have a super fast processor and lots of RAM or it would probably feel like you were wading through quicksand. The overhead needed to accomplish it probably wouldn't be worth the benefit. Craig "Matt Bo" <MattBo@...

CFileDialog multiple file selection
I am using VC++ 6.0 I am trying to allow my users to select at most 50 files using CFileDialog When I over 18 files, the CFileDialog return IDCANCEL. I call CommDlgExtendedError() and it return #define FNERR_BUFFERTOOSMALL 0x300 I then check the first two bytes in lpstrFile and they are 24 and 1; which I take to mean 24*256 + 1 = 6145 The problem is, I have allocated a buffer of 20000 bytes. Can anyone tell me why this is failing I have included my code below Thanks Phi // Code Sampl TCHAR buf[20000] memset((void*)buf,0,20000) CFileDialog fldlg(TRUE,"All Files (*.*)|...

Selecting Maximum Values in a Query with joins to other tables
I'm having difficulty with a query and hope someone can help me out. Basically, I'm looking to select the maximum amounts from a table based on a column in one of the tables named StateID. It works fine when I do this: SELECT TOP (100) PERCENT dbo.Bids.StateID, MAX(DISTINCT dbo.Bids.Amount) AS Amount, dbo.States.StateName FROM dbo.Bids INNER JOIN dbo.States ON dbo.Bids.StateID = dbo.States.StateID GROUP BY dbo.Bids.StateID, dbo.States.StateName ORDER BY dbo.States.StateName However, when I start to join fields from other tables in...

Help creating items
I need to create these items: Luggage Set : They come 1 small- 1 medium- 1 large on every set. I need to order set and sell either sets or pieces. I tried setting the set as a parent and the pieces as childs but I am having problem with the inventory. When I order a set the qty for small-medium-large should increase 1 for each one, when I sell a set, qty for small-medium-large should decrease 1 for each one If I sell a medium luggage the qty for that piece should decrease, not the qty for the set. I do not need to reorder by piece, only by sets. Can somebody help me on this matter?? Fab...

Outlook 2003 does not export all fields to any of the selected file formats
Outlook 2003 does not export all fields, it is missing the date and time field for messages. If there is a way please let me know. For what purpose are you exporting your .pst items? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Great Eyes asked: | Outlook 2003 does not export all fields, it is missing the date and | time field for messages. | If there is a way please let me know. "...

Menu items disappear
I'm running a Microsoft Office X for Mac and yesterday I noticed that the "Undo" option in the Edit menu had disappeared. Poof! Gone. Later, I also noticed that the "Symbols" option in the Insert menu was also gone. What's happened and what can I do about it? The first consideration is that Office (10.1.9) & whatever version of OS X be fully updated & that disk permissions have been repaired using the OS X Disk Utility app or comparable utility. I don't remember that version of Office too well, but you need to go into the dialog window f...

Item Modifier error/MPA01000
We are running Item Modifier but we are getting Primary Key errors on MPA01000. Currently our Item Numbers are UPC Numbers but we are switching over to Friendly Short Names- this is causing problems in the MPA01000 table since some items are in there with the Friendly Short Names already (not sure how that happened, plus it even has some non-inventory items). The question is: does anyone know where this MPA01000 table links up to a window (in GP8 or Dynamics9) or how this table gets populated? We need to clean out this info but we don't want to delete directly out of the table ...

Selective enabling of add ons
It would be nice if IE would allow me to enable add-ons for certain web pages. For example, I need flash installed to access my Bank. But I get annoyed by all the flash-based ads on other websites. I would like to enable flash for my Bank & youtube only. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and th...

Listbox selected freezes the form
I'm using the following line in the form_open to select the first item in the list which susequently selects data in the second listbox: Me.lstDate.Selected(0) = True However the whole form freezes and nothing works? Any ideas? Many thanks ShariS "ShariS" <u40676@uwe> wrote in message news:7e4b3831704cd@uwe... > I'm using the following line in the form_open to select the first item in > the > list which susequently selects data in the second listbox: > > Me.lstDate.Selected(0) = True > > However the whole form freezes and nothing works? Any i...

"Private" as Default Calendar Item Setting possible?
I want to force my Outlook2000 to mark every new calendar entry as "private". Until yet I did not find any solution - anybody who can help me? Thank you! You will need to do this manually - there is no option to mark everything private by default in Outlook 2000. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Gerd asked: | I want to force my Outlook2000 to mark every new calendar...

Non Inventory Item account not appear automatically !?
Hello In Posting account setting, I had entered a NON- Inventory Account , but the problem is: when inserting a non-Inventory Item in Sales transaction Entry window the account not appear automatically ! Any suggest please. By definition that is a cost account and it is not used for non IV items in SOP "Monzer Osama" wrote: > Hello > > In Posting account setting, I had entered a NON- Inventory Account , > but the problem is: > when inserting a non-Inventory Item in Sales transaction Entry window > the account not appear automatically ! > Any suggest please....

selected item in listbox turn red instead of black
How can I make the back color of the selected item in a listbox turn red instead of black when clicked? Thanks -- deb Is there a shorter version. That is a bit of overkill for what I need. I just want the selected item to turn red instead of black. Not each row a different color. Any other suggestions -- deb "Wayne-I-M" wrote: > Hi Deb > > Check the link > > http://www.lebans.com/listboxenhanced.htm > > Good luck > > -- > Wayne > Manchester, England. > > > > "deb" wrote: > > > > > How can ...

Items stuck in outbox
I tried to email a 6MB file. The item is currently in my outbox. It won't send and I can't delete it. When i try to delete, I get the Microsoft Outlook message "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If problem persists, restart Outlook." I have restarted Outlook and rebotted my machine with no luck. Any ideas? I don't know if this will help or not. I can log into my email on the internet instead of using Outlook. It is a method I use when I am at another PC. When I do that, it shows me my folders and allows me to delete files. I did t...

Add a column to Items table
Hi, I am using ver 1.2 and we have added bin locations (under the Special tab) to our inventory to help us locate items. Can I get the bin location to show up in a column on the Items table (Database > Items)? Thanks, George George, Not out of the box. You would need a customization to accomplish this. If you are interested in one let us know. Give us a call at 1-888-267-RITE or drop us an email at sales@rite.us. -- Thank you, Ryan Sakry Program Manager Retail Information Technology Enterprises (RITE) rsakry@rite.us http://www.rite.us 320-230-2282 ext. 4002 (Office) 320-230-179...