Resource For Help With Access

I provide help with Access applications. I specialize in designing the 
tables for a new database and fixing problems and adding new functionality 
in existing databases. My fee could be as low as ten dollars. If you need 
help and can no longer connect to a newsgroup, I can help you. Contact me at 
my email address below.

Steve
santus@penn.com 


0
Steve
5/30/2010 7:03:59 PM
access.reports 4434 articles. 0 followers. Follow

13 Replies
1551 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 11

On Sun, 30 May 2010 15:03:59 -0400, "Steve" <notmyemail@address.com>
wrote:

Keep in mind that Steve is notorious for violating newsgroup etiquette
and is always trolling for work. He doesn't grasp the concept that the
newsgroups are for FREE support and that commercial sollicitations are
off-topic and unwanted. Take him with a grain of salt.

Free Access support continues to be everywhere, such as:
The newsgroup comp.databases.ms-acces
social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/addbuz
utteraccess.com
tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/MS_Access_Professionals
and several others.

-Tom.
Microsoft Access MVP

 
<clip>
0
Tom
5/30/2010 7:20:40 PM
On Sun, 30 May 2010 15:03:59 -0400, "Steve" <notmyemail@address.com>
wrote:

Keep in mind that Steve is notorious for violating newsgroup etiquette
and is always trolling for work. He doesn't grasp the concept that the
newsgroups are for FREE support and that commercial sollicitations are
off-topic and unwanted. Take him with a grain of salt.

Free Access support continues to be everywhere, such as:
The newsgroup comp.databases.ms-acces
social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/addbuz
utteraccess.com
tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/MS_Access_Professionals
and several others.

-Tom.
Microsoft Access MVP

<clip>
0
Tom
5/30/2010 7:21:29 PM
I'm puzzled. Only  $10.00 for help that the rest of us give out FREE in many 
forums which are FREEly available to anyone looking for a FREE replacement 
to the FREE  help that has been offered FREE here in the public newsgroups.

In case anyone is interested and can still see the Newsgroup, here is a list 
of FREE forums, where many Access experts and Access MVPS still offer 100% 
FREE assistance and where you are not charged in any way for the FREE 
answers there.

http://www.UtterAccess.Com
http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/
http://stackoverflow.com/
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/MS_Access_Professionals/

That's just  for starters. I'm sure a reasonably serious search will turn up 
several more FREE sites as well as a few that do charge. I suspect if you 
want to pay for assistance, you'd  want togo to one of those sites where a 
significant number of Access Professionals still offer advice and guidance.

And that doesn't even count the other options, which some long-time Access 
MVPS are supporting. Look through previous threads for more information on 
those choices.

So, if you're still interested in getting FREE assistance from real 
professionals, there are any number of ways to get that help FREE , without 
paying even the "reasonable" fee of $10.

Georg Hepworth



"Steve" <notmyemail@address.com> wrote in message 
news:#wN2crCALHA.5848@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> I provide help with Access applications. I specialize in designing the 
> tables for a new database and fixing problems and adding new functionality 
> in existing databases. My fee could be as low as ten dollars. If you need 
> help and can no longer connect to a newsgroup, I can help you. Contact me 
> at my email address below.
>
> Steve
> santus@penn.com
> 
0
GP
5/30/2010 7:27:16 PM
Steve Santus has been spamming newsgroups for a good many years.  Regardless 
of the admonitions that newsgroups are for free assistance, as this one 
states; or the admonition that advertising, even of free stuff, is not 
permitted, he refuses to follow the rules. Do you want to subject yourself 
to the whims of someone who could, but will not, follow the rules?

Most of Steve's posts are simply flogging his services; but, when he does 
attempt to answer questions, his correct answers are so few and far between 
that capable, experienced Access developers who answer questions here for 
free have said "no rates can be reasonable _enough_ to pay for wrong 
answers".

But, poor Steve's claimed thousands of satisfied clients don't seem to be 
enough. I doubt that is because he permanently solved their problems or 
educated them enough that they no longer ever need any help. So, Steve must 
take advantage of the last day or two to appeal for work Yet Again, here in 
the dying newsgroup.

I wish Steve well, but I wouldn't wish him _on_ any users of this newsgroup.

-- 
Larry Linson, Microsoft Office Access MVP
Co-author: "Microsoft Access Small Business Solutions", published by Wiley
Access newsgroup support is alive and well in USENET 
comp.databases.ms-access


"Steve" <notmyemail@address.com> wrote

 > I provide help with Access applications. I specialize
 > in designing the tables for a new database and fixing
 > problems and adding new functionality in existing
 > databases. My fee could be as low as ten dollars. If
 > you need help and can no longer connect to a news-
 > group, I can help you. Contact me at my email
 > address below.
 >
 > Steve
 also known as Steve the Spammer or Santus the Spammer

 < for your own good, Steve's email was deleted>



0
Larry
5/30/2010 7:32:15 PM
On Sun, 30 May 2010 14:32:15 -0500, "Larry Linson"
<bouncer@localhost.not> wrote:

Hi Larry,
Another point is that with more and more support options going to a
moderated format, there may be fewer and fewer places for Steve to
grovel for work. That's definitely one of the weak points of usenet
newsgroups and something I'm looking forward to with Microsoft Answers
and other places.

-Tom.
Microsoft Access MVP


>Steve Santus has been spamming newsgroups for a good many years.  Regardless 
>of the admonitions that newsgroups are for free assistance, as this one 
>states; or the admonition that advertising, even of free stuff, is not 
>permitted, he refuses to follow the rules. Do you want to subject yourself 
>to the whims of someone who could, but will not, follow the rules?
>
>Most of Steve's posts are simply flogging his services; but, when he does 
>attempt to answer questions, his correct answers are so few and far between 
>that capable, experienced Access developers who answer questions here for 
>free have said "no rates can be reasonable _enough_ to pay for wrong 
>answers".
>
>But, poor Steve's claimed thousands of satisfied clients don't seem to be 
>enough. I doubt that is because he permanently solved their problems or 
>educated them enough that they no longer ever need any help. So, Steve must 
>take advantage of the last day or two to appeal for work Yet Again, here in 
>the dying newsgroup.
>
>I wish Steve well, but I wouldn't wish him _on_ any users of this newsgroup.
0
Tom
5/30/2010 7:37:58 PM
This post is nothing but sour grapes!!

A few years ago Larry Linson begged me for a job. I turned him down because 
he is an arrogant know-it-all and has no scruples about lieing. He stands on 
his soap box wanting you to be riveted to everything he says but he is 
nothing but an old man living in the past when he used Access95 and previous 
versions.

Steve


"Larry Linson" <bouncer@localhost.not> wrote in message 
news:OXaXI7CALHA.584@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Steve Santus has been spamming newsgroups for a good many years. 
> Regardless of the admonitions that newsgroups are for free assistance, as 
> this one states; or the admonition that advertising, even of free stuff, 
> is not permitted, he refuses to follow the rules. Do you want to subject 
> yourself to the whims of someone who could, but will not, follow the 
> rules?
>
> Most of Steve's posts are simply flogging his services; but, when he does 
> attempt to answer questions, his correct answers are so few and far 
> between that capable, experienced Access developers who answer questions 
> here for free have said "no rates can be reasonable _enough_ to pay for 
> wrong answers".
>
> But, poor Steve's claimed thousands of satisfied clients don't seem to be 
> enough. I doubt that is because he permanently solved their problems or 
> educated them enough that they no longer ever need any help. So, Steve 
> must take advantage of the last day or two to appeal for work Yet Again, 
> here in the dying newsgroup.
>
> I wish Steve well, but I wouldn't wish him _on_ any users of this 
> newsgroup.
>
> -- 
> Larry Linson, Microsoft Office Access MVP
> Co-author: "Microsoft Access Small Business Solutions", published by Wiley
> Access newsgroup support is alive and well in USENET 
> comp.databases.ms-access
>
>
> "Steve" <notmyemail@address.com> wrote
>
> > I provide help with Access applications. I specialize
> > in designing the tables for a new database and fixing
> > problems and adding new functionality in existing
> > databases. My fee could be as low as ten dollars. If
> > you need help and can no longer connect to a news-
> > group, I can help you. Contact me at my email
> > address below.
> >
> > Steve
> also known as Steve the Spammer or Santus the Spammer
>
> < for your own good, Steve's email was deleted>
>
>
> 


0
Steve
5/30/2010 7:52:20 PM
"Steve" <notmyemail@address.com> wrote in message 
news:%23wN2crCALHA.5848@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>I provide help with Access applications. I specialize in designing the 
>tables for a new database and fixing problems and adding new functionality 
>in existing databases. My fee could be as low as ten dollars. If you need 
>help and can no longer connect to a newsgroup, I can help you. Contact me 
>at my email address below.
>
> Steve
> santus@penn.com



Panicking stevie? Where will you go to con people into your questionable 
services?



Stevie is our own personal pet troll who is the only one who does not 
understand the concept of FREE peer to peer support!
He offers questionable results at unreasonable prices.

These newsgroups are provided by Microsoft for FREE peer to peer support. 
There are many highly qualified individuals who gladly help for free. Stevie 
is not one of them, but he is the only one who just does not get the idea of 
"FREE" support. He offers questionable results at unreasonable prices. If he 
was any good, the "thousands" of people he claims to have helped would be 
flooding him with work, but there appears to be a continuous drought and he 
needs to constantly grovel for work.

Please do not feed the trolls.

John... Visio MVP


0
John
5/30/2010 8:02:15 PM
Larry is far more competent with Access when he is asleep than stevie is 
when stevie is supposedly at the top of his game.

I have yet to see Larry post anything that was a lie, but stevie on the 
other hand seems to enjoy wallowing in untruths.
He has claimed to be an engineer, but any qualified engineer knows that they 
have standards and ethics to maintain. Stevie kows nothing about ethics or 
quality.

So one ZIP code per city? Sounds like some one from small town PA.

Stevie, go back to being a gasoline station attendant.

John... Visio MVP
"Steve" <notmyemail@address.com> wrote in message 
news:uZzFfGDALHA.584@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> This post is nothing but sour grapes!!
>
> A few years ago Larry Linson begged me for a job. I turned him down 
> because he is an arrogant know-it-all and has no scruples about lieing. He 
> stands on his soap box wanting you to be riveted to everything he says but 
> he is nothing but an old man living in the past when he used Access95 and 
> previous versions.
>
> Steve
>
>
> "Larry Linson" <bouncer@localhost.not> wrote in message 
> news:OXaXI7CALHA.584@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>> Steve Santus has been spamming newsgroups for a good many years. 
>> Regardless of the admonitions that newsgroups are for free assistance, as 
>> this one states; or the admonition that advertising, even of free stuff, 
>> is not permitted, he refuses to follow the rules. Do you want to subject 
>> yourself to the whims of someone who could, but will not, follow the 
>> rules?
>>
>> Most of Steve's posts are simply flogging his services; but, when he does 
>> attempt to answer questions, his correct answers are so few and far 
>> between that capable, experienced Access developers who answer questions 
>> here for free have said "no rates can be reasonable _enough_ to pay for 
>> wrong answers".
>>
>> But, poor Steve's claimed thousands of satisfied clients don't seem to be 
>> enough. I doubt that is because he permanently solved their problems or 
>> educated them enough that they no longer ever need any help. So, Steve 
>> must take advantage of the last day or two to appeal for work Yet Again, 
>> here in the dying newsgroup.
>>
>> I wish Steve well, but I wouldn't wish him _on_ any users of this 
>> newsgroup.
>>
>> -- 
>> Larry Linson, Microsoft Office Access MVP
>> Co-author: "Microsoft Access Small Business Solutions", published by 
>> Wiley
>> Access newsgroup support is alive and well in USENET 
>> comp.databases.ms-access
>>
>>
>> "Steve" <notmyemail@address.com> wrote
>>
>> > I provide help with Access applications. I specialize
>> > in designing the tables for a new database and fixing
>> > problems and adding new functionality in existing
>> > databases. My fee could be as low as ten dollars. If
>> > you need help and can no longer connect to a news-
>> > group, I can help you. Contact me at my email
>> > address below.
>> >
>> > Steve
>> also known as Steve the Spammer or Santus the Spammer
>>
>> < for your own good, Steve's email was deleted>
>>
>>
>>
>
>


0
John
5/30/2010 8:15:58 PM
I can assure everyone that Steve wouldn't last past his first request for "a 
reasonable fee" to answer a poster's question at Utter Access.

I know that there are pros and cons for both moderated forums and the 
newsgroups, so I'm
not going to go all pedantic on this point, but one of those pros definitely 
is that on a moderated forum,
we can, and do, monitor all posts by all members ( or at least we try to do 
so ).

Spamming -- a la "reasonable fee" --gets people permanently banned at our 
site as soon as the post is spotted by a moderator or administrator.
I imagine most other moderated forums have a similar policy regarding abuse.

Again, I acknowledge that the moderated forum environment is not for 
everyone. Nonetheless,  I think that, at least in this regard,
we have a pretty good thing going.

George
MS Access MVP
UA Administrator





"Tom van Stiphout" <tom7744.no.spam@cox.net> wrote in message 
news:mff5069646lqefvan4og04hdl645o7n9mj@4ax.com...
> On Sun, 30 May 2010 14:32:15 -0500, "Larry Linson"
> <bouncer@localhost.not> wrote:
>
> Hi Larry,
> Another point is that with more and more support options going to a
> moderated format, there may be fewer and fewer places for Steve to
> grovel for work. That's definitely one of the weak points of usenet
> newsgroups and something I'm looking forward to with Microsoft Answers
> and other places.
>
> -Tom.
> Microsoft Access MVP
>
>
>>Steve Santus has been spamming newsgroups for a good many years. 
>>Regardless
>>of the admonitions that newsgroups are for free assistance, as this one
>>states; or the admonition that advertising, even of free stuff, is not
>>permitted, he refuses to follow the rules. Do you want to subject yourself
>>to the whims of someone who could, but will not, follow the rules?
>>
>>Most of Steve's posts are simply flogging his services; but, when he does
>>attempt to answer questions, his correct answers are so few and far 
>>between
>>that capable, experienced Access developers who answer questions here for
>>free have said "no rates can be reasonable _enough_ to pay for wrong
>>answers".
>>
>>But, poor Steve's claimed thousands of satisfied clients don't seem to be
>>enough. I doubt that is because he permanently solved their problems or
>>educated them enough that they no longer ever need any help. So, Steve 
>>must
>>take advantage of the last day or two to appeal for work Yet Again, here 
>>in
>>the dying newsgroup.
>>
>>I wish Steve well, but I wouldn't wish him _on_ any users of this 
>>newsgroup. 

0
GP
5/30/2010 8:20:57 PM
"Steve" <notmyemail@address.com> schreef in bericht news:%23wN2crCALHA.5848@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>I provide help with Access applications. I specialize in designing the tables for a new database and fixing problems and adding new 
>functionality in existing databases. My fee could be as low as ten dollars. If you need help and can no longer connect to a 
>newsgroup, I can help you. Contact me at my email address below.
>
> Steve
> santus@penn.com

Getting a bit desperate $teve??
Very soon there is NO place left for your adds...

BTW: I guess the folks at cdma are waiting to eat you alive...


-- 
Get lost $teve.  Go away... far away....

Again... Get lost $teve.  Go away... far away....
No-one wants your help... no-one needs your help

Newsgroups are meant for FREE help..
No-one wants you here... no-one needs you there..
$teve: Look at http://home.tiscali.nl/arracom/whoissteve.html
(Website has been updated and has a new 'look'...  we have passed 12.000 pageloads... it's a shame !!)

Arno R 


0
Stop
5/30/2010 10:29:57 PM
Well, John, I've challenged Steve to post a copy of any e-mail where I 
inquired about work, which of course he could not do, and he hasn't even had 
the smarts or guts to forge a copy.  This isn't the first time he's made 
such a baseless claim.

In words made famous by michka, "I'd rather slide down a giant razor blade 
into a vat of iodine than work for Steve."  I remember his first posts, 
where he was bitching about not getting two days work from someone for 
half-a-day's pay... that's not the kind of person you'd want to work for. If 
I remember correctly, he didn't pay the guy anything, even though it sounded 
as if the guy had completed and sent him exactly what Steve had asked for --  
Steve just didn't know enough to specify the work product properly.  I'd 
sooner switch to eating a cheaper brand of dog food than stoop to working 
for Steve, and, despite his claims, I haven't had to switch to even the best 
of dog food, yet.

But, in moderated forums, he's going to find his opportunities extremely 
limited. So I think we are going to have to be vigilant in CDMA to not let 
him get away with it -- I know there are enough "old hands" headed back 
there to be all over him like a cheap suit if he tries his tricks there. I 
just hope he doesn't flood it with so much spam that people will not come 
there to ask questions.

By the way, he plagiarized the "old man / living in past / previous 
versions" stuff from the late Don P. Mellon.  He doesn't even have enough 
imagination and intelligence to create his own insults.  But, then, he also 
doesn't have enough imagination and intelligence to use anonymizers and such 
to beseige a newsgroup, even with Mellon's example, to try to kill it. 
Mellon, at least, _sometimes_ got in a pretty good "zinger" that'd make us 
grin.

-- 
Larry Linson, Microsoft Office Access MVP
Co-author: "Microsoft Access Small Business Solutions", published by Wiley
Access newsgroup support is alive and well in USENET 
comp.databases.ms-access



"John... Visio MVP" <lancucki@stonehenge.ca> wrote in message 
news:uNRIxTDALHA.1892@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> Larry is far more competent with Access when he is asleep than stevie is 
> when stevie is supposedly at the top of his game.
>
> I have yet to see Larry post anything that was a lie, but stevie on the 
> other hand seems to enjoy wallowing in untruths.
> He has claimed to be an engineer, but any qualified engineer knows that 
> they have standards and ethics to maintain. Stevie kows nothing about 
> ethics or quality.
>
> So one ZIP code per city? Sounds like some one from small town PA.
>
> Stevie, go back to being a gasoline station attendant.
>
> John... Visio MVP
> "Steve" <notmyemail@address.com> wrote in message 
> news:uZzFfGDALHA.584@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>> This post is nothing but sour grapes!!
>>
>> A few years ago Larry Linson begged me for a job. I turned him down 
>> because he is an arrogant know-it-all and has no scruples about lieing. 
>> He stands on his soap box wanting you to be riveted to everything he says 
>> but he is nothing but an old man living in the past when he used Access95 
>> and previous versions.
>>
>> Steve
>>
>>
>> "Larry Linson" <bouncer@localhost.not> wrote in message 
>> news:OXaXI7CALHA.584@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>>> Steve Santus has been spamming newsgroups for a good many years. 
>>> Regardless of the admonitions that newsgroups are for free assistance, 
>>> as this one states; or the admonition that advertising, even of free 
>>> stuff, is not permitted, he refuses to follow the rules. Do you want to 
>>> subject yourself to the whims of someone who could, but will not, follow 
>>> the rules?
>>>
>>> Most of Steve's posts are simply flogging his services; but, when he 
>>> does attempt to answer questions, his correct answers are so few and far 
>>> between that capable, experienced Access developers who answer questions 
>>> here for free have said "no rates can be reasonable _enough_ to pay for 
>>> wrong answers".
>>>
>>> But, poor Steve's claimed thousands of satisfied clients don't seem to 
>>> be enough. I doubt that is because he permanently solved their problems 
>>> or educated them enough that they no longer ever need any help. So, 
>>> Steve must take advantage of the last day or two to appeal for work Yet 
>>> Again, here in the dying newsgroup.
>>>
>>> I wish Steve well, but I wouldn't wish him _on_ any users of this 
>>> newsgroup.
>>>
>>> -- 
>>> Larry Linson, Microsoft Office Access MVP
>>> Co-author: "Microsoft Access Small Business Solutions", published by 
>>> Wiley
>>> Access newsgroup support is alive and well in USENET 
>>> comp.databases.ms-access
>>>
>>>
>>> "Steve" <notmyemail@address.com> wrote
>>>
>>> > I provide help with Access applications. I specialize
>>> > in designing the tables for a new database and fixing
>>> > problems and adding new functionality in existing
>>> > databases. My fee could be as low as ten dollars. If
>>> > you need help and can no longer connect to a news-
>>> > group, I can help you. Contact me at my email
>>> > address below.
>>> >
>>> > Steve
>>> also known as Steve the Spammer or Santus the Spammer
>>>
>>> < for your own good, Steve's email was deleted>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>
> 


0
Larry
5/31/2010 12:17:37 AM
> A few years ago Larry Linson begged me for a job. I turned him down

Very good Steve, it is just as well you didn't hire him.
Are there others you turned down or fired though ?
I mean please let us know if they start nagging you for a job again.
0
rumkus
5/31/2010 6:40:30 PM
On May 30, 7:17=A0pm, "Larry Linson" <boun...@localhost.not> wrote:
> Well, John, I've challenged Steve to post a copy of any e-mail where I
> inquired about work, which of course he could not do, and he hasn't even =
had
> the smarts or guts to forge a copy. =A0This isn't the first time he's mad=
e
> such a baseless claim.
>
> In words made famous by michka, "I'd rather slide down a giant razor blad=
e
> into a vat of iodine than work for Steve." =A0I remember his first posts,
> where he was bitching about not getting two days work from someone for
> half-a-day's pay... that's not the kind of person you'd want to work for.=
 If
> I remember correctly, he didn't pay the guy anything, even though it soun=
ded
> as if the guy had completed and sent him exactly what Steve had asked for=
 -- =A0
> Steve just didn't know enough to specify the work product properly. =A0I'=
d
> sooner switch to eating a cheaper brand of dog food than stoop to working
> for Steve, and, despite his claims, I haven't had to switch to even the b=
est
> of dog food, yet.
>
> But, in moderated forums, he's going to find his opportunities extremely
> limited. So I think we are going to have to be vigilant in CDMA to not le=
t
> him get away with it -- I know there are enough "old hands" headed back
> there to be all over him like a cheap suit if he tries his tricks there. =
I
> just hope he doesn't flood it with so much spam that people will not come
> there to ask questions.
>
> By the way, he plagiarized the "old man / living in past / previous
> versions" stuff from the late Don P. Mellon. =A0He doesn't even have enou=
gh
> imagination and intelligence to create his own insults. =A0But, then, he =
also
> doesn't have enough imagination and intelligence to use anonymizers and s=
uch
> to beseige a newsgroup, even with Mellon's example, to try to kill it.
> Mellon, at least, _sometimes_ got in a pretty good "zinger" that'd make u=
s
> grin.
>
> --
> Larry Linson, Microsoft Office Access MVP
> Co-author: "Microsoft Access Small Business Solutions", published by Wile=
y
> Access newsgroup support is alive and well in USENET
> comp.databases.ms-access
>
> "John... Visio MVP" <lancu...@stonehenge.ca> wrote in messagenews:uNRIxTD=
ALHA.1892@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>
> > Larry is far more competent with Access when he is asleep than stevie i=
s
> > when stevie is supposedly at the top of his game.
>
> > I have yet to see Larry post anything that was a lie, but stevie on the
> > other hand seems to enjoy wallowing in untruths.
> > He has claimed to be an engineer, but any qualified engineer knows that
> > they have standards and ethics to maintain. Stevie kows nothing about
> > ethics or quality.
>
> > So one ZIP code per city? Sounds like some one from small town PA.
>
> > Stevie, go back to being a gasoline station attendant.
>
> > John... Visio MVP
> > "Steve" <notmyem...@address.com> wrote in message
> >news:uZzFfGDALHA.584@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> >> This post is nothing but sour grapes!!
>
> >> A few years ago Larry Linson begged me for a job. I turned him down
> >> because he is an arrogant know-it-all and has no scruples about lieing=
..
> >> He stands on his soap box wanting you to be riveted to everything he s=
ays
> >> but he is nothing but an old man living in the past when he used Acces=
s95
> >> and previous versions.
>
> >> Steve
>
> >> "Larry Linson" <boun...@localhost.not> wrote in message
> >>news:OXaXI7CALHA.584@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> >>> Steve Santus has been spamming newsgroups for a good many years.
> >>> Regardless of the admonitions that newsgroups are for free assistance=
,
> >>> as this one states; or the admonition that advertising, even of free
> >>> stuff, is not permitted, he refuses to follow the rules. Do you want =
to
> >>> subject yourself to the whims of someone who could, but will not, fol=
low
> >>> the rules?
>
> >>> Most of Steve's posts are simply flogging his services; but, when he
> >>> does attempt to answer questions, his correct answers are so few and =
far
> >>> between that capable, experienced Access developers who answer questi=
ons
> >>> here for free have said "no rates can be reasonable _enough_ to pay f=
or
> >>> wrong answers".
>
> >>> But, poor Steve's claimed thousands of satisfied clients don't seem t=
o
> >>> be enough. I doubt that is because he permanently solved their proble=
ms
> >>> or educated them enough that they no longer ever need any help. So,
> >>> Steve must take advantage of the last day or two to appeal for work Y=
et
> >>> Again, here in the dying newsgroup.
>
> >>> I wish Steve well, but I wouldn't wish him _on_ any users of this
> >>> newsgroup.
>
> >>> --
> >>> Larry Linson, Microsoft Office Access MVP
> >>> Co-author: "Microsoft Access Small Business Solutions", published by
> >>> Wiley
> >>> Access newsgroup support is alive and well in USENET
> >>> comp.databases.ms-access
>
> >>> "Steve" <notmyem...@address.com> wrote
>
> >>> > I provide help with Access applications. I specialize
> >>> > in designing the tables for a new database and fixing
> >>> > problems and adding new functionality in existing
> >>> > databases. My fee could be as low as ten dollars. If
> >>> > you need help and can no longer connect to a news-
> >>> > group, I can help you. Contact me at my email
> >>> > address below.
>
> >>> > Steve
> >>> also known as Steve the Spammer or Santus the Spammer
>
> >>> < for your own good, Steve's email was deleted>

That's the difference between Steve and Don Mellon.  Don was
occasionally helpful... even funny... well, until he stopped taking
his meds.
0
Piet
6/7/2010 4:34:16 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Outlook 2003 access to Hamster IMAP fails
I was using Outlook 2003 with Hamster Classic 2.0.0.1 Everything was fine until the Microsoft update 2 weeks ago. When I closed Outlook the processor went to 100%. This seems to be a know bug of Hamster 2.0.0.1 based on pasts posts to the Hamster newsgroup. I therefore upgraded Hamster to 2.1.0.11. Now Outlook 2003 continually locks up. There are no problems with Outlook 2002 or any other email client including Thunderbird and Outlook Express. The issue is limited to Outlook 2003. The older version of Hamster did not support IDLE. I believe the problem is connected to IDLE. Is there a w...

Help with Macro's
hello, I had recently received a macro that I was needing some help with. it seems to work on columns where there are formula's only. when i tried to modify it to work with FORMATS, it did work on columns with formula's, but would not paste FORMATS down on columns, "without' formula's. Is there a way to modify it so that it will? if ok as a different macro, since using separate macro's anyways... (for paste formula's, formats, all) not sure what the problem is.. thanks in advance macro works on columns where cells are filled with a formula only. ...

Need help converting date time to date only
I have a column in my spreadsheet with date and time, you can see in m attachment. I want to convert this column in to date only. Pleas help. Thanks Geng Attachment filename: sales - open orders test.xls Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=57210 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi without looking at your file you could use the following formula in a helper column =INT(A1) and format this cell as 'date' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > I have a column in my spreadsheet with date and time, you can see in ...

Access text box
I was trying to add text boxes to my database in form design view, which worked fine up until the moment when i was back in form or table view. For some reason when I add detail in one of the cells of the new column it was automatically copied to every other cell in that new column. This has only been happening with the new columns and the ones I created using the wizard when starting the database seem to be working fine. What can I do about this? On 25 mrt, 12:19, FernP <Fe...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I was trying to add text boxes to my database in form desig...

Importing Data From Access Problem
I'm trying to import some query results from MS Access into Excel using the Import External Data function. Some of the queries are coming across OK, others are only bringing the column headers across and some are bringing partial data. Does anyone have any ideas why this may be happening? Thanks Helena ...

Access corrupt files DBF?
Access corrupt files DBF? "Frank Dulk" <fdulk@bol.com.br> wrote: >Access corrupt files DBF? What is your question? I see you're from Brazil. Have you asked your question in the Portuguese Access newsgroup? microsoft.public.pt.access. Tony -- Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP Please respond only in the newsgroups so that others can read the entire thread of messages. Microsoft Access Links, Hints, Tips & Accounting Systems at http://www.granite.ab.ca/accsmstr.htm Tony's Microsoft Access Blog - http://msmvps.com/blogs/access/ "Frank D...

PocketPC Outlook help
I am a new user to PocketPCs and I am trying to sync Inbox information from one computer to another. Is there a way to sync inbox information to another computer without having to delete partnerships or not having the inbox sync at all with another computer? Hi - Not sure what you mean by "from one computer to another" - do you mean you're trying to sync your PDA to more than one computer? Note that this can often cause problems and lost data. Probably best to post in m.p.pocketpc for more help.... Frank wrote: > I am a new user to PocketPCs and I am trying to sync &...

Office 2007 Professional: Help Files Issues
Gents, I cannot find a solution to this odd issue and before I submit a support ticket I thought I would ask the community. We have office 2007 professional (volume licensing) on a Window 2003 terminal server. We have a few users out of a bunch that get the "This page is unavailable" I have tried the Refresh and back. I've tried online and offline modes. In offline I get the table of contents to the left but same unavailable message when I click the links. I noticed on testing some other users, that apparently never used the help. That there are some prompts...

Help with macro #5
The following macro puts the file names on the worksheet that has the command button. How can I put the file names on a different worksheet? Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() Dim FN As String ' For File Name Dim ThisRow As Long Dim FileLocation As String Application.ScreenUpdating = False FileLocation = "C:\Documents and Settings\nc1\Desktop\TAS forms\*.xls" FN = Dir(FileLocation) Do Until FN = "" ThisRow = ThisRow + 1 Cells(ThisRow, 1) = FN FN = Dir Loop End Sub ...

A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. #3
I disabled this prompt always when it first started coming up and now, I need it again. Anyone know where I can reset it? You can't disable the prompt as an end user, so I'm baffled as to what you did and what you're now trying to do. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "connieh" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3d0101c47f27$61d33420$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I disabled this prompt alway...

HELP!! Publisher won't open
I have Publisher 2000. When I click on the icon on the desktop, the program opens to the catalog page. When I click on 'existing files'. the program closes down. I can open the existing file in Windows Explorer, but as soon as I click on something, it closes down. This is a relatively new computer running Windows XP Media Center. I have been able to access my existing file before on this system. Can someone please help? Can you open Publisher in Safe Mode? Do you have a default printer enabled? Insert your 2000 disk, select repair. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.micros...

PLEASE HELP
Hi, In Outlook small business 2007, when I press Tasks or To Do List, It causes outlook to not respond and closes down. Please Help Me. Kara This is the obv. but have you try to repair OL, its under your help Item on your menu bar my 2 cents "Kara Johnson" wrote: > Hi, > In Outlook small business 2007, when I press Tasks or To Do List, It causes > outlook to not respond and closes down. > Please Help Me. ...

How to tell Excel to insert cells and shift down from Access
Hi all, I have Access 2003. I am trying to tell Excel to insert cells and shift cells down from Access, with this line of code: oWksh.Cells.Insert Shift:=xlDown But Access does not like that line. It gave me run-time error 1004. I know if has to do with the part Shift:=xlDown Can you suggestion what I can do? Thank you in advance, Ben "Ben" <Ben@NoSpam.com> wrote in message news:eSZuzcDpKHA.1892@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > > I have Access 2003. I am trying to tell Excel to insert cells and shift > cells down from Access,...

Import List of Email Addresses from Access
Is there a way to populate a distribution list in Outlook from a table field in Access? Thanks in advance, Claudette ...

Access exchange using IMAP
Hi There. I cannot access my email message using IMAP to exchange 2003. The statement as below: Connection refused Configuration: Account: Staffmail Server: 172.18.3.203 User name: Staff\Taufik Protocol: IMAP Port: 143 Secure(SSL): 0 Code: 800cccd9 any ide how so solve it? thanks Have you started the IMAP service and made sure that IMAP access is enabled for your user account? Exchange 2003 disables IMAP and POP3 services by default. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne "Muhamad Taufik Khasim" <Taufik@uniten.edu.my> wrote in message news...

Access 2007 Runtime on Machine With Older Version?
A client of mine likes some of the new bells and whistles in Access 2007, and is thinking about converting our A03 format MDB to an A07 format file. However, while some of the users have A07, many do not, and it's not clear when they would get it. His thought was to use the upcoming Access 2007 runtime to allow the users who are still running Office 2003 to be able to run the database. While I use multiple versions of Access on my development machine, I advised him against this, as I recall from years ago with the Access 97 runtime that it caused problems when run on a machine that...

Guys i need your help
I dont seem to find the way how i can do this report which i really need . I need to have a report that can print only 3 records , this i was able to achieve but the issue is that i need the report to be able to print either 3 consecutive records where i specify the first record and the others be consecutive or else ( this i also need) be able to chose the 3 different records . Guys i hope i gave a good explanation Thank you -- Access For Fun See if this example helps: http://www.utteraccess.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=48&Number=1028860&Zf=f48&Zw=batch&...

help...on changing the system administrator role.
The system throw me an error for system admin role when i click save. the rest of the roles, i can save. why ?? the trace stack is as below : [COMException (0x8004140b): Exception from HRESULT: 0x8004140B.] Microsoft.Crm.Platform.ComProxy.CBizSecRoleClass.ReplacePrivileges(CUserAuth& Caller, String RoleId, UInt32 Count, CRolePrivilege[] Privileges) +0 Microsoft.Crm.Application.Platform.Role.UpdatePrivileges(String roleId, String privilegeXml, Int32 mode) +387 Microsoft.Crm.Application.Platform.Role.InternalUpdateAndRetrieve(String id, String xml, String columnSet) +170 Mi...

Missing or broken reference error in Access 2003 DB
I cant launch a particular .mdb from a server on my pc. I can launch it from any other computer but not this one in particular. WHen opening the DB I recieve the following error:Your Microsoft Office Access database or project contains a missing or broken reference to the file'sapctrl32.dll' version 1.0*To ensure that your database or project works properly, you must fix this reference.Any thoughts on how I can fix the reference problem would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for your effort. You have to install the specified .dll file on the computer that you aretrying to open the d...

Issues accessing Business Portal
We can access Business Portal when we are in the office. However, when my users connect to the Business Portal over vpn from home/remote location, they cannot connect to the Business Portal (although they can connect to Great Plains). They dont get any errors but they get page not found in the internet explorer. The users cannot even access the top level site http://servername/port. Kindly provide some pointers to troubleshoot this issue. This is Business Portal 4 and Great Plains 10. ...

help of setting the distance between 2 markers
Hi, In the chart of excel, there is one type called line with markers displayed at each data value. Because my data values are lots, in my chart, markers are close to each other even overlapped. I don't want this. So I want to know if Excel has the function that can set the position of markers. For example, I want to put markers at 100th data value, 200th data value, 300th data value and so on. Ye This code sets a marker at every 100th point of your first series: Sub SetMarkerDistance() Dim mychart As Chart Set mychart = Application.Worksheets("Sheet1").ChartObjec...

UPC calculating works in excel but not in access
Hi, ive build a query using the following module to calculate the check digit (using mod 10) of an 11 digit upc number. In excel i can use the same module to calculate the check digit on a 13 digit upc code but in access it doesnt work. Here is the vba (i didnt write it but found it to use on the internet) Option Compare Database Function Format_Upc_String(InString As String) As String Dim OutString As String Dim Multiplier As Integer, Sum As Integer, i As Integer Dim CheckDigit As Integer ' ' Initialize the sum to zero ' Sum = 0 ' '...

How to get resource handle in activex control
Hi, I've got an application which load resources out of a DLL. At the beginning of my application i load my DLL with HINSTANCE hInstance = NULL; hInstance = LoadLibrary( _T("ResZHH.dll") ); AfxSetResourceHandle( hInstance ); So, my application has also an activex control (MyButton.ocx ). This button can show bitmap resources. Now the problem is, that my button shows the bitmap from the application resource and not the bitmap out of my "ResZHH.dll". How can my button get resource information which DLL is loaded? I need the resource handle from the loaded "ResZ...

Access OWA during exchange offline
Dear All AS we know, we can access Our inbox (via Ms Outlook) during exhange server down or offline. My concern is, can wee access our inbox or calendar during exchange server is offline? thank you.. In news:%23YTtmu97FHA.2036@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl, Muhamad Taufik Khasim <Taufik@uniten.edu.my> typed: > Dear All > > AS we know, we can access Our inbox (via Ms Outlook) during exhange > server down or offline. > My concern is, can wee access our inbox or calendar during exchange > server is offline? > > thank you.. No.....only when your mailbox is accessibl...

Please help with Form
I have a database that I copied for another user. However, the other user's database main form which consists of main form and subform in datasheet view. As the user scrolls through records, there are duplicates. I have checked the table and the records are only listed once. Not all records are displayed twice or three times, as you scroll through there are records that just show once but duplicates will display at random. What would cause this? Hope someone can help. Thank you in advance for any help you can provide. On Thu, 6 Mar 2008 22:29:01 -0800, TotallyConfused <T...