Reports in Switchboard not updating

I have built a switchboard which pulls reports from my database.  Those
reports are all built off of queries.  It seems that those queries are not
being run to update the reports when I select the report from the switchboard.

How do I ensure that the queries run so the reports show updated data?

thanks

Do the queries produce correct data if run alone?

--
Build a little, test a little.

"PCRachael" wrote:

> I have built a switchboard which pulls reports from my database.  Those
> reports are all built off of queries.  It seems that those queries are not
> being run to update the reports when I select the report from the switchboard.
>
> How do I ensure that the queries run so the reports show updated data?
>
> thanks

changing default view on print preview of report
How do you change the default zoom level when you click on print preview button for a report? 100% does not give me enough detail, and when I click on the magnifying glass icon, it only takes me up to about %125. I would like it to show me the report at 200% by default. Also, is there a way to zoom in on the report design view? I am trying to micro adjust a report that needs to use pretty small font (like 6 points) and it's a real pain. Thanks, --b Hi If you are going to be using the zoom for a while you could just alter the screen resolution to show more. Or With report in previe...

Sorting in a report 03-08-08
I am having problems keeping the records sorted in a report pages. I selected a group by a field and sorting ascending The next field also selected ascending but there a few records out of order. I checked the entries and are all same format and correct. (Hours and minutes) Thanks Quinto -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-reports/200803/1 What are your expressions in the sorting and grouping control sources? Where do these expressions come from? How are typical values displayed in your report? -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access...

Bug report for VBA on Office 2004 for Mac
As I don't want to use MS Passport, I hope that this will suffice as a bug report for Office 2004 for the Mac. I hope that someone will pass this along to the proper person. Anyway, if you have even one Cyrillic character (or probably one from any other non-Mac Roman script) in your hard drive volume name, VBA will not launch from within Word. I haven't tested the same from within Excel or other apps, or launching VBA by itself. This applies to the creation and recording of macros as well as the Visual Basic Editor itself. Here's hoping that someone reports this and that MS fi...

Adding Report Parameter
Hi there, if I add the following - to the parentreport in section <Subreport Name="testSR"><Parameters> <Parameter Name="testString"> <Value>="hallo world"</Value> </Parameter> - to the subreport in section <ReportParameters> <ReportParameter Name="testString"> <DataType>String</DataType> <Nullable>true</Nullable> <AllowBlank>true</AllowBlank> </ReportParameter> I get "error: the subreport could not be shown" Why? TIA, Mart...

can't sum figures in a report ...help please
I have a text box that uses an if statement to determine whether someone is absent in my class or not. I name the text box inattendance. I have a text box called points that assigns points to absent students depending on which class they are currently enrolled in. I want to sum the total points for each student. I do a simple =sum([points]) and when I run the report I get a box that just says points indicating that it doesn't have a definition for points. I used the name property of the text box and called it points. any suggestions on alernate methods or on what I am do...

Investment Transaction Report
Dear NG: Money 2004 Deluxe In the Investment Transaction Reports there doesn't seem to be any way of including a column for accrued interest on bonds bought and sold. Is there any work around? I've thought of exporting the report to Excel and adding a column for accrued interest but I would like to perform this in Money, if it's a all possible. Thanks for any assistance. Kevin ...

Saving reports to other formats
Can I save the print version of a report as a tab-delimited file? Can I save the print version of a report as a .csv file that can be opened by EXCEL? DogmaDot wrote: >Can I save the print version of a report as a tab-delimited file? > >Can I save the print version of a report as a .csv file that can be opened >by EXCEL? No, delimited files have no way to ecpress the formatting in a report. Besides, reports a graphic images that don't make much sense in any kind of text file. But, you can export the data from a query. If your report uses a table/query...

Updating Office to Service Pack
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Everytime I attempt to install this upgrade, it searches all my drives and then tells me I don't have the product installed (I just reinstalled it from the installation disk which worked fine). I've attempted this several times without getting pass the point where the screeen says I don't have the required program installed. It may sound silly, but go to the [program]Menu> About [program] in any of the Office apps & see what version update you actually have - Later production runs of Office 2008 shipp...

Auto update of accounts
I am running MS Money Plus Deluxe and my bank accounts do not updat according to the update schedule I have set. The only way they update is by me selecting "update now". I have the "Customize update schedule" set up as follows: Under "Automated Online Updates" the "Use Automated Updates" checkbox is selected Under "Set an update frequency for your account" I have my bank set to update every 24 hours, but it never updates automatically. I have left the account "un-updated" for over a week, and still no automatic update. I have c...

After updating to Excel 07, I can no longer view full page charts
I recently updated my Microsoft Office to 2007 from 2003. Once done, I opened a few spreadsheets previously created using 2003 software only to find that the full page charts are not visible. Upon attempts to create a chart and then move it to a full page, the chart--that had previously existed and was visible on the spreadsheet view--now becomes absent when it is "viewed" from the chart-tabbed page view. All my other experiences with this transition, the chart has never not been visible. I don't know why your chart is invisible, but there have been a lot of posts lately ...

Windows 7 update
I updated my windows os and now my system runs slower AND my sound will not work. Any clue? Windows Update has nothing to to with upgrading Windows. Please post any future questions about upgrading in this forum: http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7install/threads LD wrote: > I updated my windows os and now my system runs slower AND my sound will > not > work. Any clue? LD wrote: > I updated my windows os and now my system runs slower AND my sound > will not work. Any clue? Which updates did you install onto your Windows 7 OS? (Prefe...

Report Graphs
Just Wondering if some would Help me out on how about i go Creating a Graph Report, Which Shows The Date Searched Between. I Have Created a Graph Report, On a User, On How Much They Have Priced On Tenders Between a Certain Date. The Report Is Based On a Query Which is Based of the Project Table, and in the submitted Date Field on the Table i Have The Criteria >=[Forms]![Submitted_Date_Dialog_Graph]![Start] And <=[Forms]![Submitted_Date_Dialog_Graph]![End] So When Some Types In The Dates Is Show all Records As a Graph, The Graph have the Two Following Fields [Estimator] and [Tende...

Updating Loan Accounts
I have Money 2003. I have a car loan, which is entered in Bills & Deposits for automatic entry into my checking account register once a month. How do I get Money to also update my Car Loan account in the future? (I have already made 10 car payments...none of them show up in the Car Loan account...how do I get the past payments in there without duplicating them in my checking account register?) I seem to be going around in circles. Thanks for any help. What do you mean you have a car loan entered in Bills & Deposits? A car loan in Money is typically a Loan Account, not something you ...

Column Sizing Issue In Reports
For some unknown reason all my reports are playing up, when i open any report now, the report is to scale either to fit or 100% But the actually Data is zoomed to like 500%, on some reports its showing it on a A4 Portrait when the report is set to A4 Land Scape. I've tried zooming in out the report and the actually report gets smaller or bigger, not the detail, i believe its something to do with the Column sizing options in the page setup. or access is deciding to reset the margins, and regardless of me saving the changes, there not staying. at moment i have to open the report, go to ...

set field data as control source of another field in a report
In a table I have fields as [a], [b] .... and so on. for each record I have a special calculation, say [a]+[b] for a recored; [a]*[b]*[d] for another recored, and so on. I would like to use these calculation formulas which I have saved in a field of the same record as a calculation (as a data in a seperate field) in a report Have I misunderstood this. When you say that you have a special calculation for each record in your table, do you mean that you have typed the text a + b + c in your table? If yes, may I suggest that you do this in a query grid so that the query shows the result of you...

FRx Report Launcher error
I have a user who up until recently was using Launcher to generate reports. She is no longer able to generate the reports from Luancher but can in Designer. The error she gets is - "The output file could not be created because the destination folder does not exist or cannot be accessed from the Report Server." We're not using Report Server. I can launch the reports in Launcher signed in as 'sa' with no problem. Any ideas what is causing the error? Much thanks, Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP NOVA Solutions LLC Melbourne, FL ...

Graph from a PIVOT table: update not working. Please Help!
Hello everyone ! I have an question for experts : I am trying to create a tool to allow users to see 1 graph the result of a table: let me explain the problem: the table is a PIVOT table. So when I change the PIVOT table (= it adds different data in a range of cell determined) It seems working very well for the first graph (the graph is doen wih the good data). But when I update the pivot table the graph doesn’t make any changes (it keeps old first data). I have to redefine the source data manually (the data series are good but the selection is not working!!) . Do you know a way to solv...

Question on Security Update for Exchange 2003
Hello, I have a question in regards to this specific patch: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=82AE4397-0982-4585-84C1-DC1AF6944A0F&displaylang=en I have recently taken over our Exchange duties. While I am not a full on Exchange expert, I do have some knowledge in it. My main question regarding this patch is the proper way to install the patch. Are there any recommended guidelines? Anything I need to be aware of? Any other caveats? I was planning on doing it tonight, after hours when nobody was here. Is there anything else I should know? I like be thorough and...

How can I update all fields in Word 2007?
In Word 2003, I used to be able to Select All (Ctrl-A), then right-click anywhere and choose Update Field - and that would update all my cross-references in the document, including Tables of Contents and Figures. How can I do the same in Word 2007? (the former keystrokes don't work). Update Field may not be on the context menu depending on what, exactly, is included in the selection. However, Ctrl+A and then F9 will update all fields in the main body of the document. Note that switching to Print Preview and then back to your favorite view is also helpful, as this forces ...

Completely Blank Report...no title, data, etc.
I am using Access 2002. I have created five reports that list totals in the footer of each for January through December. They are then all on a report so there is only one report instead of five. They are not linked to each other. All of them show up except one. One of the reports shows nothing at all, not even the title of the report just a huge blank area where the report should be. I'm assuming this is because there isn't any data pulled when the query runs. If I run the report by itself I receive rows of #Errors where all the calculations are but nothing but ...

Reporting with PFDAVADMIN
We're upgrading from 5.5 to 2k3. "some" of our thousands of public folders use the "Folder Assistant" to autoreply. http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=903289 states that I need to set SEND AS for the owners to be able to modify the rules. I don't know where they all are. I tried to use PFDAVADMIN 2.5 to do a content report and then to EXPORT PROPERTIES. I tried PR_HAS_RULES : 0x663A000B and PR_HAS_MODERATOR_RULES : 0x663F000B but they all came up as "0", even the ones that i KNOW use the Folder Assistant. Is there an unlisted (or one that I missed)...

Update picklist value with javascript
Does anyone know how to set a picklist value with javascript? This question is not so clear. What I mean is this: In Picklist1 I have a value "hello", with a returnValue 5 Picklist2 has the same set of values. How can I set picklist2 to select it's own value "hello", with a returnValue 5? If you are looking for a way to have 2 picklists which have the same value, look into the onchange event of the picklist properties. You can define a javascript. document.crmForm.Picklist1.value = document.crmForm.Picklist2.value or something in the likes of that. I hope th...

Fixed detailed sales report
I know there has been a Detailed sales report attached in the past that has the profit margin fixed, but I can't seem to find it. If anyone has it could you please attach it to a post. It's not mission critical because I generally use Quickbooks to view my profit and previous year comparison reports, but I like using reports that I know are correct and it's a pain seeing the profit margin incorrect when I do a quick check to see how the day's doing. Craig ------=_NextPart_0001_7A55F798 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Good afternoon Craig, Th...

Crystal report file locations
As a result of a miss placed double click, I have saved a custom crystal report into an intermediate location within the directory structure of the report folders. I can't even see this misplaced report using the CRM report manager. The outcome is I cannot find a way to delete this orphan report and it makes me crazy each time I see it when I save a new report. Is there a way to delete this misplaced report? Thanks in advance, Tim on the support download site there used to be command line tools to allow you to add and remove reports by specifything the directories. Note that crysta...

new features in office 2.1.1 update
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC I was just wondering if there is a place somewhere that tells you what the new features, fixes and updates are in the new Microsoft update(2.1.1)? I always do the upgrades/updates, but can never find a rundown of what's changed. I'd love to have something like - Entourage - fixed the sounds, word, fixed compatability added borders - or whatever the noodley little changes are. ( i just made that list up as an example..except for the sounds being fixed YAH!) Does that exist somewhere., ive poked around and sea...